Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
summer

Opium Poppy Claw Polish

Gloss
Narcotic pink! The fiery fuchsia of delirium.

Let me be clear: this is not highlighter hot-pink. Nor is it as violet as it appears on the website (on my particular computer screen, anyway). What it is is an impossibly rich, densely pigmnented, shade of fuschia. Deeeeeep raspberry pink.

One coat will give you a clear, bright (but again, non-highlighter, non-Jem-and-the-Holograms) hot pink. Two coats will give you azaleas -- crushed up with a mortar and pestle to make a concentrated azalea paste. It's beautiful. It's bright without being garish. It's energetic without being teeny-boppish. It's sexy and fierce and fun.

And, like all of the other claw polishes, it's shiny, goes on smoothly, wears forever, and doesn't chip.

Brilliance.

P.S. Layered over Destroying Angel, you get the most hypnotic deep electric purple! Edited by Shollin

This is my favorite of all the polish colors. I actually paint my fingernails in this and I hate my fingernails painted. I love it that much.

Thank you for making a pink that I can actually wear! This is such a sexy dark pink. It's a beautiful color that actually looks sophisticated, but saucy too. It's very vivid. I love the vinyl finish...which looks extra gorgeous because it goes on sleekly without any streaks. If it was sheer or had any sort of shimmer it wouldn't have the same intense impact.

It also lasts longer than any other polish I've ever tried. So all around, I'm thrilled with this.

This is my favorite color out of all of the claw polishes (I also have Destroying Angel, Maiden, and Mme Moriarty). The color is this dark, bright pink with a cooler tone to it. It's a playful and sexy color. It seems to be darker and less purple than it is on the site for me as well.

I thought I'd get away with 2 coats of this, but I ended up having to apply 3 like with the other claw polishes. I think if you wait for each layer to completely dry first (I was impatient and ended up with faded spots at the base of a couple of my nails) you might be able to get away with just two. The application was a lot better than Destroying Angel, but not as smooth as Maiden.

I was able to wear this for 4 days before I got a chip, which is very good for me; normal polishes chip within a day.

Love this polish. LOVE! This is a gorgeous bright shiny fuschia pink. I saw the color at will call and just had to have it. It looks great on both fingers and toes, and I think it especially contrasts well with my pale skin, though I imagine the color would look good on any skin tone.

You would need to apply two or three coats of this to get the best color (or you can lazy like me and do one really thick coat...), but it's a really intense, bright, rich, glossy vinyl (enough adjectives for you?)color. It goes on a bit thin, but pretty smooth. In terms of chipping, I would say it's about average. I am HORRIBLE to my nails so I always get moderate chipping, and I would say this is no better or worse than most other polishes, and that is without a topcoat.

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend this polish to others :P The color is just AMAZING. I can't wait to try more of the other BPTP polishes.

Opium Poppy Claw Polish - The color is stunning - it's bright, vivid fuchsia. It's got an incredible amount of gloss. The color is absolutely perfect for summertime in it's brightness and vivacity. I get tons of compliments when I wear this shade on my fingernails. The polish is also a very heavy lacquer, so two coats make my nails appear really thick to the point that a couple people asked if I wore acrylic nails. The chipping/tip wear for this color is about average compared to my normal wear/chip tendencies. It's so pretty I think I need to go put some on my toes right now...