Put him on the fire,
And there let him die!
Burn his body from his head:
Then you'll say
Guy Fawkes is dead!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Beer, woodsmoke, tar, and treacle.

Oh dear, I'm first? Yikes!

This has a coffee sort of note... with smoke and just a little booze. It drys down very nicely into a warm bonfire (it actually is a lot like Death of Autumn without the first wet rottenness). I almost wonder if I got a mislabeled bottle of one or the other... There is just a hint of gunpowder but it's not nearly as much there as it is in Agnes Nutter which is what put me off there. This is slight enough to blend in nicely.

It's a wonderful scent to wear to burn the Guy!

Penny for the Guy? If he smells like this, I'll put in five!

Bonfire Night starts out almost pure, unadulterated black treacle - thick, sticky bittersweet & spot on. It quickly warms up to a toasted graham cracker scent, with a malty back note that must be the beer. Once it dries, the tar & smoke appear, adding a gritty layer that cuts through the sweetness.

This is hardly "perfume" - nothing so pretty or intentional. It's the smell of your hair after you come home from the festivities, with bits of treacle toffee stuck to your jumper and dribbles of stout on your dungarees, picking cinders from your scalp & blowing on your frostbitten fingers. This is pure nostalgia for the ex-pats out there, faintly industrial but absolutely exhilarating.

Wet on my skin, Bonfire Night is woodsmoke over beer. Drying, the treacle is replacing the beer. Now it's moving into the woodsmoke's territory too. I like it after the initial wet stage but I won't get another bottle of this.

It is smoky and sweet at the same time. I put it on right before going to work this morning and the whole ride to work I was thinking of sitting around the campfire and eating smores. I always love the smell of woodsmoke but never thought of it as a perfume but this works. I almost passed this up, really glad I didn’t.

This is sort of like Devil's Night goes slumming.

Treacle comes out with the booze and I am in heaven. Or am I passed out in the woods after drinking a bit too much around the campfire?

A raucous scent.

Very evocative.

I decided to take a chance on this scent...I'm normally not a "smoke" person, but something about it sounded good.

In the bottle: Smoke, and sweetness. And...roasted nuts? Almonds?

Dry: For some reason it ends up smelling like creamy, spicy, smoky, slightly nutty coffee. Wow, nothing like I expected. It's nice!

BONFIRE NIGHT - When I got my Halloween order, I could tell that one of the bottles I got was scenting the entire box but I had no idea which one it was until I opened up Bonfire Night. I was so happy when I found the culprit. It's really lovely.

Wet: I smell a smoky sweet scent. It's almost foody.

Dry on Skin: This smells like dark and smoky coffee. Better yet, it smells like a shot of alcohol was added to the coffee. It's very aromatic and heady; the throw is quite robust and I keep catching whiffs of myself as I move around and work. There's an almost syrupy quality to this, which definitely has to be the molasses (treacle).

Despite my coffee impression, the concept is not lost. As time passes I get more and more of the woodsmoke. It becomes drier and as such, the sweetness fades off slowly. It's a very nice little scent journey. As the scent starts to dissipate, I am left with thoughts of chill autumn nights, a cacophony surrounding a glowing bonfire, and woodsmoke that is spread across the night by the wind.

In the bottle:

hazelnut

On me:

Am I seriously the only one getting hazelnut from this? It's very strongly hazelnut on me. In the background I get something tar like - it's dark and acrid. But even in the dry down, this is pretty much hazelnut on my skin.

Final note:

Just isn't right for my chemistry I guess, which is too bad because I was looking forward to this one the most of the Halloween blends. It is just too acrid and nutty for me :/

This is *so* cool. I smell woodsmoke. The woodsmoke is actually a clean, sweet smoke, like what you get when you dry your clothes next to a fire when you are camping (god knows my husband has dragged me to enough camping trips for me to know this smell). There is just a tiny amount of beer scent, a dark brown sort of beer but it blends really well with the woodsmoke and doesn't really detract from the dominant note. those are actually the only two notes i get :P

In bottle/imp: Smoke with a slight foody sweetness.

Immediately on skin: The smoke in this is lovely… it really does smell like woodsmoke! It has a slight sweet foodiness to it, almost like popcorn or something mixed with molasses. The sweet note seems to come and go, however and is very fleeting. It’s not overly bitter, which I was expecting. There’s also a coffee like note to it, but it’s very light.

After a few minutes: This has become a very warm, toasty sort of scent. The sweet note has all but disappeared, replaced by something almost salty.

Overall Impressions: I love sweet scents, so I was hoping the treacle would come out more, but this is really almost completely woodsmoke. It’s a lovely wafting smell, but not for me. The foodiness is there, but it’s almost savory as opposed to sweet.

I had really dithered over ordering this one (the beer and tar gave me pause), but I'm so glad I did!

I've only had it on a short time, so I'll come back and edit if it changes wildly, but so far it's exactly what I'd hoped for. It's like someone poured a bit of thick, sticky treacle over a wood fire. I get just the slightest hint of the tar and booze, just enough to make it a bit darker. The overall impression is thick, dark and outdoorsy, but urban or near-urban outdoorsy, if that makes sense.

This is going to be a major love for me, but I think it's definitely a love-it-or-hate-it sort of scent, not for the faint of heart.

A few reviewers have mentioned the somewhat unexpected "foodiness" of this scent, which is exactly why I had to try some at Will Call once I gave it a sniff. Mmmmm.

Wet, it smelled smoky but in a very pleasant, light way. I love the smokiness of Fall in PA where I live, and so recently tried Brimstone to stay with the theme of crunchy leaves and pumpkin glow. Uh, WOW, Bonfire Night is worlds apart...much gentler, much sweeter, and less deadly (though Brim was so uniquely funky, I stashed away my imp for just the right day! Anyway, I digress...)

Bon Night was gentle and woody on drydown, with a luscious hint of sweet, which sold it for me. I felt like I had been standing near a wood fire and my clothing had picked up the scented smoke. I'm not terribly outdoorsy (build a fire? make camp? wha'?), so I loved this!

Bonfire Night - Smoky and uber-sweet. On me, this is sort of the masculine version of Sugar Skull. It's that sweet and cloying. If there were only a hint of sweetness, I think I'd love this on my husband. But there's too much for me. The smoke and beer falls into the background as that treacle note amps up on my skin and eats up everything in sight. I'm kind of sad about this one because it smells like a smoky scent I could really love if it weren't for the blasted sugary note that's killing it for me. Oh well, that means more for someone else who loves it. :P The throw is really nice and the wear length is above average.

I'm guessing I'm amping the treacle, because this starts out almost like butterscotch, and dries down to a soft caramel-esque scent. It's not quite as sweet as caramel, but reminds me of it.

I've never had treacle, but I guess this is it.

This is an oddly yummy scent. Not what I expected at all.

N.

This is pure sweet smokiness. I don't get any individual notes, it just smells like sweet smoke. Like the smoke you get from burning sweeter woods like cherry or maple.

It also reminds me a bit of Agnes Nutter, without the tang of metal Agnes has.

*~v~* BONFIRE NIGHT *~v~*

Oh how I love thee, Bonfire Night!!!

In the bottle and wet on my skin: deep, dark, smoky musk with a thick, syrupy, nutty overlay!

Dry Down: As Bonfire Night dries down, it gets even better if you can imagine it! I can smell slight hint of ozone giving it the "night" feel. The smoke is beautiful and sweet! Under it all is a running base of treacle - not molasses-y, but more of a

sweet mixture of butterscotch, molasses, and a hint of nuts.

Conclusion: Bonfire Night reminds me of being out late on a cold autumn night around a big bonfire while a vendor with a cart full of sugared roasted pecans passes your way. I wonder if the nutty scent is coming from the hops in the beer and maybe the tar is lending to the ozone type note I am picking up. Whatever the case, I think Bonfire Night is a sleeper! I think alot of people will be turned off by the list of the notes, but I think they will find out later what they missed. I expect this will be a highly sought after oil in a few months to a year. Great throw, very nice, long wear! This is a 2 or 3 bottle KEEPER!

Wow, this Bonfire Night is totally amazing. This smell just like my husband does after he BBQ's using mesquite wood chips in the the smoker. The smell of sweet mesquite smoke and the tangy smell of the honey bbq sauce with a little bit of beer...hot damn, now I am hungry! The smell sticks to his clothes and his hair for hours and it smells just like this. Yummy!

I can't believe how much I love this! Well I can, since I tend to love the manly, smoky scents, just as a novelty, but this one is crazy good! This is actually like Pinched with Four Aces, without the "sweet."

Beautiful. I will love to wear this in the middle of winter.

And if I had a man who smelled like this? I would not be able to resist pouncing.

Wow, what a surprise! This smells wonderful. Beautiful, warm, and deep. It smells almost like caramel at first, but then the woodsmoke comes out.

I agree with deleahrium; it reminds me of Pinched with Four Aces. It's not the same scent but it has a similar feel.

Love it!

I amp sweet scents too, and on me this is all TREACLE! Or what suppose is treacle, since I don't really know what that smells like. It's sweet and caramelly, but slightly more like molasses than caramel.

There is also smoke in it, which softens that sweetness after the initial blast, but the smoke isn't nearly as strong as in Death of Autumn.

It fades quickly on me.

This reminds me strongly of Miskatonic University (I’ve stayed away from Pinched but I’ve read they too are similar). This smells like coffee to me, plus lots of caramelized sugar (treacle). The tone is similar to Miskatonic University but it’s smoke instead of wood.

The smoke is pretty strong. There’s also a nutty smell here - it smells like sweet hazelnut coffee. Honestly (and surprisingly), I like this better than Misk U.

Yum!

Ironically, this was the one autumn environment scent I DIDN'T think I'd like -- I thought DoA and October were more up my alley, and neither of those is staying in my stash.

Bonfire Night, though, is my perfect fire scent. The treacle is REALLY strong in the imp, but fades pretty quickly once applied. It's a sweetly smoky blend, slightly nutty like cranberry said, and there's an earthiness just under the smoke. It's the lingering smell of bonfire on your clothes and skin, without the acrid scent of ash and ember. I was afraid of amping the a) alcohol from the beer, or :P the hops of the beer, but instead I get a very rich note, like caramel malt or a the finish of a nice dopplebock.

I swapped for this after reading the reviews, and I hoped for a softer Agnes Nutter, with coffee and treacle. Instead I got the woodsmoke, and I think requiemblack has it right when she says mesquite wood chip smoke. On me the smoke amps, along with a note that keeps reminding me of Liquid Smoke. The smoke is high-pitched and sweet (but not treacle-like) and the mesquite is savory. I prefer Agnes Nutter as my smoke scent after all, and will be swapping this bottle away to someone who can love it.

My bit of Bonfire Night came from a decant circle run by evilmistressoftoast (who is a really lovely decanter...decantress?)

I normally do a whole "in the bottle, wet, dry, verdict" with my reviews, but this one smelt basically the same throughout, so for this review, I'm holding off from my normal format.

Bonfire Night, to me, smells like Toffee and Fireworks. Mostly toffee in the bottle, and a 50/50 mixture of the both when on my skin. I'm assuming my body really amped up the tar scent, because I was really hoping for more woodsmoke.