Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarada

Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat: tangerine, grapefruit, and lavender
On Skin: wet: mostly lime and lavender now, something bitter is creeping in
dry: A bit later - minty citrus with a bit of moss
All in all - very transformative scent as time progresses. I forgot to check when I put it on, it seems to fade quite quickly on me.

Impression I get is that I'm wandering through a market with piles of fresh citrus and herbs. There's a chocolatier a bit up the road with tempting wafts of confections being carried through the plaza on a warm breeze. There's a florist nearby tending a lush patch of ornamental moss that pops in and out as the air whooshes by.

I tried this in my earlier BPAL days, and remember it not working on me, but apparently I never reviewed it. I'm trying it again and properly reviewing it for the #TournamentOfUnderdogs. My boyfriend is also testing the scents I have for the tournament, so I'll be sharing his thoughts as well.

My boyfriend thinks this smells like "a creamsicle on a forest floor." I think he was associating the citrus with a creamsicle (even though this is not a creamy scent) and of course, the moss was the forest floor he was smelling. The citrus was fleeting on him, and it dried down to just oakmoss.

On me, the citrus really clashed with the zdravetz (geranium) in an unpleasant way, even though The Season of Ghosts contains citrus and geranium, and I can wear that scent. It goes wrong on me in the way that Winter Landscape and The Cross of Snow did, in that it smelled kind of like someone squeezed some citrus over the sauce you'd find in a can of Spaghettios. o.0 Then my oakmoss-amping skin amped the oakmoss, happy to take over the other notes. I only got a hint of the chocolate peppermint if I sniffed really closely, but that's only because I knew to look for it. Otherwise, I would not have guessed it were there.

I love the label art for Schrödingers Cat and typically love citrus scents, so I thought I'd want it to win its round in the tournament, but both my boyfriend and I have decided we're on Team R'lyeh. :cthulhu: 

Fresh from the lab frimp! Always appreciated. I get the pink grapefruit and peppermint right away, and can easily pick up the lavender and another floral note if I concentrate - I'm assuming that's the geranium/zdravetz. All of these notes are not things I would generally pick in a scent, but it's interesting how they all come together. My partner says I smell like "laundry" 😅 I'll be passing this along, as it's a wee bit too clean and green for me.

Predominately citrus on me, but I like the depth that the herbal notes add. I was a bit nervous about this one since I think I amp oakmoss but I can hardly smell it in this blend. It does not stick around for long, so it's a brief but fun blast of citrus and herbs.

This is so fizzy and bubbly that the first thought that came to my head as soon as I sniffed the imp is, "Champagne!" But no, this is definitely ginger ale mixed with lemon-lime soda. I have no idea how "fizz" has a smell, but that is definitely the dominant note--fizziness. Gosh, this is so fun, I definitely need more!

Barely there on me. Very fruity, strong peppermint (with whatever's supposed to be chocolate in here, being more like a dead leaves note, weirdly).... Almost peachy on me. Not for me at all, goes a tach plasticy on me as fruits often do..

Wet from imp:

I’m definitely getting a blast of mint, and I can smell the fizzy note that has been mentioned, but it turns into more of a citrus note on my skin. The chocolate is blooming in the background, but it mingles with the citrus and mind and doesn’t turn gourmand.

First impressions: citrus and mint soda with a splash of chocolate.

As it dries, there’s a floral note becoming prominent. It smells like rose to me, but the notes in this are so varied, and the rose scent quickly morphs into a pleasant floral note. It’s very clean, green and white smelling. It settles into a bouquet of gentle flowers splashed with orange citrus and mint. 

The tangerine is coming out more after it is dry, very zesty! Citrus notes don’t usually dominate on my skin, and the throw is low, but when I give my wrist a good sniff, yup. That’s definitely a high pitched, but close to the skin tangerine. 

After a few hours, it fades into a white bouquet that landed into a bottle of tangerine juice.

I like it, but probably not enough to full-size.

This is a very nice blend for summer once it settles down!