Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nadirah

Rose Recommendations - which blend is for me?

I thought I really liked rose scents, after loving Spellbound, but I'm starting to find I don't like many of the ones I've tried, besides Spellbound, of course. I will keep trying them out, though.

I want to find a scent that is a pure, feminine rose like the fresh ones you buy at the store.

Should I just try the Rose single note? Any suggestions?

Alison

Edited by AllyKat

From what I've read (never got to try it, alas), if you can get some of the limited edition Rose Red in a swap, I would say go for it!!!

You might also want to try Harlot, which is a very pure rose blended with just a dash of cinnamon. On me, the cinnamon stays firmly in the background, which allows the rose to come out very nicely. I certainly love it.

Morrighana is quite correct.

Harlot has a blend of three gorgeous rose notes. The cinnamon is perfect, but very short lived leaving a rose bouquet behind.

I second Harlot (one of my favs) and Lucy's Kiss is beautiful. I wold also give the Tarot The Empress a go. It is probably the most clear on the rose you can go next to a single note.

While none of these are strickly rose blends... they're in my 'rosey' category of scents.

'Spellbound' has always come off VERY rosey to me, and on me.

Same with 'Black Rose'.

And 'Lucy's Kiss' for SURE.

-Leslie

Edited by MissAnthropy

Gotta agree with MissA -- Spellbound and Black Rose go very rosey on me. As did Tarot: The Empress. The Empress is VERY rosey.

If you like sweet roses, I'd say give Delirium a go. It's all apples and roses to me :P

The roses in the Empress are luxurious and the roses in Delirium are juicy. Both wonderful scents!

Edited by andrabell

I was also looking for a rose scent AllyKat, I was narrowing down to Silentium Amoris, which twistygirl mentioned above.

You may really like the Blood Rose scent. On me the wine receded completely, leaving roses in full bloom.

If I liked roses, I would have loved that one. :P

Boots

About 5 or 6 years ago, Bonne Bell released a perfume called "Rose Petal Pals" in solid and liquid forms. It's been discontinued since, and I've been searching for a rose that smells like it (it's the only one that smells beautiful and perfect)from some other brands but they all failed.

Bonne Bell's rose scent was surprisingly sophisticated, and did not smell like a child's perfume at all. From what I can tell, it's a blend of rose, some type of warm spice (amber maybe? Although not very strong, it's strong enough to be noticed and rounds the pungent sharp note in the rose out.) that makes it creamy, and some powder (not overwhelming, but it's enough to soften the scent out and make it a part of yourself) to soften it.

On my skin, this smells like something that costs a lot. Lol. It smells like a creamy rose that's blended with your skin and is part of you, instead of something that's just sitting on top of your skin. The perfume just smells so incredibly innocently sexy and erotic once it's blended in your skin that it's not even funny (it's sexy in a very coy and innocent way, not in the "aging slut" way if that makes any sense. Lol); I was surprised that this was marketed toward kids! I still have a little bit of the solid perfume left, and I often take it out from time to time just to sniff.

So, I'm not sure if I'm doing the impossible here, but is there a BPAL rose that is creamy and innocent, yet not sharp or weak?

A million thanks to anyone who read this!

Edited by SilverGarland

Alice is the creamy soft rose, to be sure, and while I love it, I got even more of that innocently sexy, first-time-ever-to-feel-sexy-and-recognize-it-as-such, first blush, thirteen feeling from Old London. It's a very pretty rose, with maybe some woods or something in it. I think a rose + amber scent would be amazing, you could get some single notes and layer -- or what about O with Old London?

Alice is the creamy soft rose, to be sure, and while I love it, I got even more of that innocently sexy, first-time-ever-to-feel-sexy-and-recognize-it-as-such, first blush, thirteen feeling from Old London.  It's a very pretty rose, with maybe some woods or something in it. I think a rose + amber scent would be amazing, you could get some single notes and layer -- or what about O with Old London?

Does the tea rose in Old London smell anything like The Perfumer's Workshop's Tea Rose? That one smelled so sick on me. Thanks :P

Lastly, is the rose noticeable in Alice? And does it last or fade over time to make room for the other notes? Thanks everyone! :D

Edited by SilverGarland

Alice. Lovely. The rose is "cushioned" by the other scent to keep it from going sour like rose scents tend to on me.

It's a lovely scent.

Boots

Not to complicate things (especially since you've placed an order!), but the spice in your Bonne Bell may have been carnation...You may also be interested in Maiden (which has both rose & carnation). I love both! Alice is all cream on me with just a hint of floral, while Maiden is all floral that I smell under Alice. I wish both lasted longer on me. They are great!