Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with pear, white wine grapes, and jasmine-laced tea.

In the imp, I can smell the pumpkin and pear vying for dominance. Seems safe enough. . . .

Wet: Yup, there are definitely pears in thar. . .

Dry: Pears? Where did you go? Why do I have deathly dry white wine and jasmine EATING MY FACE?? Where did my pears-n-pumpkins go??

Mah punkinz - I mournz it!

In the bottle: Ugh! Overpowering cheesecake smell! So sickly sweet! Can I bear to put this on my wrists?

Wet: Ooh, the pear, grapes and jasmine tea are coming out...no, wait, there gone.

Dry: Here...gone...here...gone...

After some time: Bizarre. One wrist has gone almost coffee-ish, the other has now settled on the pear, grape and jasmine tea smell. Both are lovely. But this one’s going to the swaps box because I just can’t stand to wait for them!

This scent makes me feel: Confused and slightly sick. :P

When I tried this one on earlier today, I didn't know what the ingredients were, and I immediately thought: pumpkin with a strong wine note. This smelled very sharply of wine on me, with very little sweetness at all. It faded down a few hours later to a subtle pumpkin note by itself.

Now, I've just reapplied, and it smells quite good on me. There is still a certain sharpness to the grape note, but not to the extreme it was earlier. I can detect the pear, and it combines with the grape to create a very crisp, fruity edge to the pumpkin. There is a soft, barely there, jasmine undertone. The sharpness of the grape note wears off quickly, and it settles into a warm pumkiny blend with a hint of fresh fruit underneath.

When I first tried this I did not like it, thank goodness I gave it a second chance!! Very unique, and yummy!

This one is very sweet, I can smell the pumpkin and white wine grapes. I don't get any jasmine and eventually the pumpkin goes away and ends up with a very faint smell of wine. Overall, I like it but not enough for me to keep the imp and also I think I am kind of over my pumpkin obsession.

This came in an order with a bottle of Glutton (yes, I love my sweet foodie scents) and when I first opened it, I thought to myself "oh great: I've purchased two identical scents -- all butter and sugar!"

I wore Glutton yesterday (and smelled like a dessert buffet for hours: YUM!), and figured meh: what the heck. I'd try Pumpkin I today ... and within 5 minutes of putting it on, it had COMPLETELY transformed into a sharper, fruit/floral fragrance that had nothing to do whatsoever with butter. As for pumpkin, I never did get any of that. Buttery pie crust, yes. Pumpkin, as in the orange squash? NEVER.

This one is a happy surprise -- comes on foody and dries floral and sweet. LOVE IT!

I don't really get the buttery note others do, and that makes me happy...this has a sharper edge than the rest of this year's harvest, but I like the undertone of leaves (damp tea leaves?) and the now-you-smell-it-now-you-don't pear whiffs. Happy to keep a bottle of this one.

I was looking forward to trying this combination -- the light, bright, sweet components juxtaposed with the rich, buttery pumpkin. All of the pumpkins have been aging well, and this isn't an exception.

The overwhelming buttery quality is quickly going away, month by month. Wet, it no longer overwhelms the pear, grapes, and jasmine tea. I smell mostly pear with a touch of jasmine and fresh white grapes, mixed in with a substantial amount of pumpkin.

Once dry, the pumpkin becomes the bottom note, and the grape and tea notes seem more prominent. It's light, crisp, and fragrant, with only a hint of pumpkin. This is predominately a bright scent, not rich and pumpkiny. The jasmine plays well here, and I think the tea aspect is stronger, just colored by the floral. The grape note adds a very slight tartness, but to me it still feels succulent, not dry, like wine.

My skin doesn't seem to like this one so well, because the throw drops off to almost nothing, and the pear note doesn't last long. I think this would be gorgeous on the right person, and I love it in the bottle, but it's just not sticking well enough to motivate me to keep it. Maybe in the locket?

I recommend this to anyone who likes grape, pear, or tea notes, or to anyone who likes bright scents. I especially recommend checking it out if you want a bright scent that isn't quite so crisp and clean. The pumpkin isn't incredibly noticeable in this -- it kind of functions like amber -- but it does add body and anchor the scent.

Edited by naeelah

The pear and the grapes weigh heavily against the buttery pumpkin, ending with a well-balanced scent that hovers perfectly right on the edge of over-sweet and over-strong, although this is DEFINITELY not a slather scent. Sparingly used, this is perfect.

In the bottle – Pumpkin, just pumpkin

Wet on me – The pumpkin remains dominant but a bit of the pear comes out, along with what I would have said was patchouli

Dry on me – Mainly buttery pumpkin, with a candyish edge

Overall – I’m glad that the ‘jasmine laced tea’ didn’t make much of an appearance and I like the final dry down, but the pumpkin is over powering in the initial stages

Pumpkin with sweet pear. I get the tiniest hint of jasmine and maybe the tea? This isn’t so heavy on the pumpkin like I expected it to be.

PUMPKIN I 2007

In Bottle: Fruity pumpkin

On Skin: I smell the grapes right away, sweet with a slightly boozy tone. The pumpkin is earthy, sweet and a bit spicy with nutmeg. I don’t really smell the pear since those two notes are so strong. The tea offers a clean note and the jasmine is light but adds to the sweetness of the blend. This scent is more fruity than anything, with a pumpkin base. It has a medium throw and average wearlength.

Expectations: I'd never have imagined combining pumpkin with these other fruits, but it doesn't sound bad.

In vial: Mild pumpkin with fruity sweetness.

On skin, wet: Sweetarts? Huh?

On skin, dry: Definitely not something I want to smell up close. Too sugary, and I'm getting a bit of the floral from the jasmine. No flowers in my pumpkin, please!

After time: I'm not sure how to describe this. It's pretty and sweet, but not quite what I think of when seeking a pumpkin scent. I tested it once before actually reviewing, and think I liked it more then, so maybe the fact that I'm thinking about it so hard is part of the problem.

Conclusion: I will probably use up my imp, but doubt I'll seek more when it's gone.

In Vial: Smells like buttery pumpkin with a hint of Jasmine

Wet: Smells like a pumpkin candle. Is slightly foody.

Later: This is an interesting scent. It is foody, buttery, and yet slightly sweet with something non-foody (the Jasimine I think). This would be a nice fall room fragrance.

Initial impression:

Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin – but with a hint of something sweeter in the background. Grapes?

First on:

Mmm, pumpkin and juicy pears! It's a refreshing and mouth-watering scent.

Dry:

After about 10 mins, pear actually seems to be the dominating note. Howpleasant! Pumpkin and sweet grapes linger in the background.

20 mins later, it's still a lovely refreshing scent with mainly pear – I'm getting a little jasmine at this stage, too.

Finally:

A beautiful, enchanting and refreshing pumpkin scent. :P I really liked it. I'm giving it away, none the less, though – I can't think of any good occasions for it!

Have I mentioned how lucky I am to have a body that agrees so well with pumpkin? Again, i am loving this scent; all pumpkins smell warm and buttery on me; I wish the notes of the white grape would shine through more, but it's still so wonderful!

Sweet and fruity! There's apple in here, right, or some other fruit? And I can smell the warm rich pumpkin. Nice, but I am always wary with apple because mostly it hates me and goes to compost, alas. We shall see.

Oh, wait -- this is not apple. It's pear! Hmm. And I can smell the tea in it. And the grapes; it was the combo of the grapes and the pear that was making me think of a juicy apple. Grapes are good on me, so I have hopes for this. But the fruit seems to be receding, leaving pumpkin and tea.

Later: huh. This does not play well on my skin. I think the fruits never quite come together for me. Oh, well.

Pumpkin scents tend to amp on me when they are fresh, to the point where all I can smell is pumpkin. A year of aging does a whole lot of difference! (But of course you knew that already :P )

This one is indeed very fruity. I especially smell the grapes, and they do smell like white as opposed to red grapes. It has a slight bubble-gum'ish quality to it and I think that pear is the culprit here. I don't smell the jasmine or the tea. The pumpkin has taken a backseat. Like, way WAY back, keeping it all together and well rounded.

This is a bright, fun scent but so definitely not me.

at first sniff: fruity pumpkin. the extreme butteriness of this pumpkin note makes it a jarring match with the crisp pear and juicy white grape. it’s like the pumpkin is too rich to be paired with these light, refreshing fruits. i’ve had jasmine tea, and i don’t care for it, but that’s neither here nor there because i can’t smell a drop of it in this blend. not intolerable, but not my favorite pumpkin scent, either.

I love this pumpkin, it's my favorite out of all of them.........

Jasmine and I usually don't get along but it's really nice and pleasant, it's more sophisticated than a lot of the stuff that works on my skin. It's pumpkin sitting at a tea table with finely dressed ladies, and it's very classy.

So far, I'm loving all the pumpkin patches that I sniff and this is no exception.

When wet I get a creamy pumpkin smell that is honestly calming and delicious-smelling (not for consumption, not for consumption)

As it dries the pear and grapes definitely move up to blend perfectly with the pumpkin.

A keeper for sure.

Actually testing the same imp as sprocket21...

Wet: hi, pumpkin! A very sweet pumpkin, with pear and grape notes. Kind of like carving pumpkin while eating fruit. I love pumpkin scents and Halloween-y things, so this is delicious.

Dry: the initial lovely pumpkin has faded into the background now. Still there, but very faint and overpowered by sweet fruits, especially grape. The pumpkin now mostly gives a buttery, slightly spicy warmth to the fruit, and the whole thing sort of ends up smelling like spiced wine. Which is not bad, and I like the scent regardless, but I was hoping for more pumpkin at the end.

If anyone here has ever tried PumKing Spiced Pumpkin Ale and loved it as much as I did, this one's for you. It's a dead ringer. The smooth, buttery pumpkin is balanced with a warm golden undertone that isn't boozy at all. I need to get another bottle of PumKing before I drink from this one by accident!

Edited by Invidiana

filigree_shadow is right when she says it smells like grape candy (with a dash of fake pear!). In the vial, it is gorgeous and delicious, but on my skin it just does something so sweet it's sickening.