Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hackess

Libra 2007

Rose, black cherry, carnation, fig, honey, plum, and black currant.

I'm a Libra and proud of it. :) So when I saw this blend, I was bound to try it whether I really liked the notes or not.

Lucky for me, I love rose. Love it love it love it. It just seems to lift my mood. Wet, I get strong cherry backed by rose and carnation, but that's short-lived. Within a few minutes, rose steps into the spotlight and that's all she wrote. I'm sure the other notes add a depth that I'm not educated enough to easily discern, but this is rose's show and they're just stage dressing. :P

All in all, a winner for me, as I smile whenever I put it on. I hate that it's an LE, because now I'll either have to track down a rose blend I love the same way, or try and find another bottle for backup. Le sigh.

In Bottle: Sweet honeyed plum with a hint of cherry. Mmm...

Wet: ....Sweet tea and bubblegum? :huh: How strange. I do rather like it but it is, indeed, strange. Hnh. Nothing more detailed here, so let's wait til it's dry.

Dry: Early drydown is prominently rose. Yes. Rose. I can smell the rose! :joy: This likely means I stink of rose, but I care not for I can smell beautiful, lovely, fresh roses. Just as though I had snipped a bloom from one of our rosebushes. Rose... :thud:

Of course, now that it's been a bit, the rose has fallen back to let the honey and cherry and plum come out to play a bit. Throw is pretty decent. Mostly get the rose from a distance, but closer in is the deep, juicy sweetness of the fruits. Thankfully I detect no carnation, as strong carnation makes me quite nauseous. No fig, either, but that's fine. I quite like what it's doing now. Very well balanced now, of course. I seem to be getting equal parts rose and fruit, all brought together by I think the fig, since there's just a hint of something smooth around the edges that makes me think of something fresh and squishy... like a fresh fig!

Bottle: Big, lush pink roses, a hint of cherry and bright plum. And... lemongrass? Not as strong as lemongrass but a strange lemon-y quality I can't quite place. Maybe my sniffer has gone wonky and that's the fig?

Wet: Rose! Rose and cherry and that strange lemon-y note that may actually be the honey? Sometimes honey gets kind of citrus-y on me. Don't know why. Hint of spice/powder from the carnation.

Dry: This winds up being warm, sweet rose and plum with hints of cherry and carnation in the background with a little bit of that lemon-y note that could be either fig or honey. It's very... I don't really know how to explain it, but it's just a perfect spring sort of scent. A little sweet, a little floral, a little warm and also a little cool. Like a really refreshing and wonderful gourmet lemonade on the patio of the best-kept-secret-in-town sort of restaurant.

Throw: Moderate.

Overall: I can't put into words why I love this so much but it's kind of a stealth random favourite. I rediscovered this earlier this year and was like, "Um... why didn't I know this happened?" so I picked some up and discovered that it was amazing. I've gone through half a bottle already. It is absolutely beautiful and worthy of a lot of love this summer.

I got this as a sniffie from Argentwolf.

In the imp, it smelled like lemongrass to me! Once I put it on, it dried into a lemony-rose. At first it was more lemon than rose; then equal parts both; and now it is more rose than lemon. I guess Libra is trying to find the best balance for me? :lol:

Verdict: I like it for a rose scent. I've smelled similar scents before in other soaps and things, and I liked it then too. :)

Bottle: Rose and cherry cough syrup.

Wet: A damp rose; rose water.

Drydown: Rose water tempered by something sharp - the cherry cough syrup? And slightly warm.

Dry: Pale rose water.

My rating: 3/5

Imp: cherry cough drops

Wet: cherry, and flowers mostly rose.

Dry down: a little cherry, and a lot of carnation, with some spice. Maybe a little honey in there, the carnation is so strong it's hard to pick out anything else though.

Dry: carnation, rose, honey, and a little spice.

Over all: this morphed a lot, and fast. It seemed like it never smelled the same as the last time I sniffed my wrist. It makes me think of candied flowers, it is very sweet, and floral. A very pretty scent, but I don't think I like it enough to keep. This is most likely going to the swap pile.

I was frimped this by a lovely swapper. :heart:

Imp: Strong, strong, gorgeous rose, and a very rich, sweet, ripe black cherry. Yum.

Wet: Unfortunately this is the sort of rose that goes instantly to soap on me. :( But it's a lovely, fruity soap, full of fresh ripe plums, cherries, and figs. I get just a zing of carnation as well. After a minute or two, the honey comes out.

Dry: This dries into a fruity, expensive soap. It's pretty, but definitely not for me-- which makes sense, since I'm not a Libra! :lol:

Wet: Candy sweet cherry (but not veering into cough syrup territory), a hint of spicy carnation, and soap (the rose - sometimes it does that to me).

Dry: Soapy rose. Sad.

This was a frottle from the Lab, and I'm so thankful for it because it's beautiful! 

In the bottle: Sticky rose. IDK how it's sticky, it just is. 

Wet on my skin: It starts out as a sticky-sweet rose, with some carnation and dark fruitiness.

Dry: Much the same as it is wet. Lush, darkly fruity/jammy rose-carnation with a hint of sticky sweetness from the honey. Not a terribly complicated blend, but definitely a really nice one for someone who, like me, loves them some rose. This is actually a lot more fruity-floral than I usually go for with my rose, but I'm not even mad. This is beautiful, and I am thankful to have it!

This is primarily red rose touched by fruits on me. I the cherry, plum, and currant in the beginning, but the plum ends up being much stronger than the other fruit with wear. Surprisingly, the fig was really tame here, and I only got a little bit of carnation. I did not pick up on the honey.

If you're into fruity florals and enjoy rose, this is for you. Fruity florals aren't typically in my wheelhouse, but it was nice to get to try this!

Wow, as someone who amps rose, the rose in this is really quite subtle. I wouldn't have known it was there if I hadn't read the notes. For me, this is just full of plum and black current--dark purple fruits which are tart, without being citrusy at all, glazed with sweet honey. It's really quite delicious! I'm glad I like it so much, as a libra myself.

I've had this bottle since it was released in 2007, and have rarely ever seen it, much less reviewed it! Today I was in the mood for something different, something I don't wear often, and something that would counteract the terrible air quality we are having here. Time to pull out this well-aged beauty!

I applied it heavily without rereading the notes first. This is a lovely honeyed rose on me. I went back and read the reviews, and 30 minutes after application the initial dry down is still all honeyed rose. Not a single one of the other notes stands out. This is simply a beautiful honeyed rose scent on my skin. I need to start wearing it more often!