Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with benzoin, bourbon vanilla, lemon peel, neroli, blood orange, and red ginger.

Mmmm. I ordered this on a whim, and I am very grateful for doing so. :P

Delicious, smooth, sexy, spicy and sweet. And I still smell the hint of pumpkin goodness in the background. This is becoming a favorite for fall. :D

LEMON LEMON LEMON LEMON LEMON LEMON! If I'm able to stick through the "OMG LEMON!" phase, which lasts about an hour, I can see the resemblance to Pumpkin Queen. It softens into a soft, smooth golden red scent which I actually quite enjoy. Unfortunately this stage doesn't last long on me, especially not compared to the strength and lasting power of the lemon peel. Stupid skin chemistry. :P

I actually tested this a few nights ago and didn't write it out until now. It started out like most pumpkin scents, as buttery pumpkin. Once it started to dry it began exactly like Pumpkin Queen. After a bit longer, it was still VERY similar, but a touch sweeter, a bit less spicy, and slightly more fruity. I need to test it again, but I might actually like this one better than Pumpkin Queen. They might diverge and become more different later in the drydown, as the fruitiness seemed to be increasing. Unfortunately I was visiting my best friend and she severely burned a bag of microwave popcorn and smoked up the whole house. That's all I could smell for the next few hours, though I was huffing my wrist to try to avoid it! I'll need to try this again, sans burnt popcorn, to decide if I need to get a bottle or if it is too similar to Pumpkin Queen, which I already have a bottle of. I'm hoping this will be a less-spicy, fruitier, better for warm weather version of Pumpkin Queen, so I can have one for summer and one for winter, because that seemed to be the way it was headed.

ETA: I've worn this a few times now, and while it is similar to Pumpkin Queen it's a little sweeter and doesn't have the hot spiciness that PQ has. I find myself reaching for it pretty often, actually, as it seems a bit easier to wear than Pumpkin Queen, for some reason. I missed out on ordering a bottle, but got a partial from the forum which I hope to eventually fill. It's another of my favorites!

Edited by AmyAngel

Back in the speculations when people were talking about pumpkin royalty, to this, this is a Pumpkin Princess; while the initial pumpkin is Pumpkin Queen's, the drydown is much lighter, almost effervescently fruity with the lemon peel, orange and neroli. The benzoin and vanilla are almost nonexistent on me, and the red ginger is almost more of a fresh ginger root kind of smell than a baking-spice, blending so much into the citrus notes it's hard to pick out.

Playful and sparkling, but I prefer Her Majesty's ambery richness to Her Highness, so I think I will just enjoy my decant and not go for the whole bottle.

Bottle: Spicy pumpkin

Wet: Pumpkin and ginger. Spicy not sweet.

Drydown: Hmm, a hint of sweet came out. Kinda like Jack.

4.0 outta 5

Aw man, I was really REALLY psyched about this one from reading the description, and overjoyed when a friend gifted me her decant. But this is actually the first time I've tried a pumpkin scent, and alas I don't think it's a note I can wear.

First time I applied it was PASTRY SHOP LIEK WOAH, but I was having my period and a lot of scents go weird that time so I waited a week to try again. This time the vanilla packs far less a punch and the ginger and neroli are more present, but it spends far too long broadcasting like a pumpkin spice pillar candle, and by the time that starts to fade I actually have a bit of a headache. Far too strong for the husband's nose, too.

CURSES!!!

Hrm...I got this in a swap thinking that I could swap it for another bottle of my beloved Pumpkin III, but now I'm starting to wonder.

This is very much pumpkin and spicy ginger on me. The blood orange is in there too, but it's starting to fade into something spicier. It reminds me a lot of Pumpkin Queen, but spicer.

Uh oh...I can't stop sniffing the back of my hand. This is a good thing. That means I like it. It's very feminine and I really enjoy spicy scents. Maybe I'll hang onto it after all. We'll see.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies. Yet another foody winner for me!!! Pumpkin is one of my favorite scents, and so I am soooooo happy that BPAL's pumpkin works on me just how I want it to!!!

Seriously, it smells like Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies, I can't even get past that. You've NEVER had pumpkin oatmeal cookies? OMG!!! You are soooo missing out!!!

As with all the others, Pure buttery pumpkin when wet but dries down to be (nonbuttery) pumpkin and sweet, spicy, citrus with ginger. So nice. Got the red welts too - guess it was the ginger, normally only cinnamon or cassia do it. So worth it though. Wish it had a little more throw though, like #1 to 3. I found both #4 & #5 to be pretty tame on my skin in terms of throw. Overall sooo pleased with the Plunder. :P

Bottle: Urk. Buttery, nutty... and yet there's something sharp and zesty cutting through.

Spilled over my table ( :P ): As above, just magnified and without the zest.

Wet: PIE. Beautiful spicy, slightly buttery, pumpkin with just the right amount of tart sweetness. I want to smell like this FOREVER.

Dry: The above lasts for about half an hour before losing the buttery PIE quality. *indignant* I like buttery pumpkins! I smelt like PIE. After that, it's a citrus vanilla that eventually turns into vanilla with pumpkin in the background. It gets cloying at times. Needs more ginger.

Verdict: I am devastated over my spillage, but I think I'll be content with the half I have left. No need for replacements.

As someone for whom amber often equals FAIL, I'm thrilled that this is very much like both Bakeneko and Pumpkin Queen, but with the dreaded amber removed. Also, I'm pleased with this year's pumpkin note in the Patch; previous patches have been far too heavy and buttery on me, but this one is just perfect.

WIN!

Huh. This one doesn't smell ANYTHING like the description on me. NOTHING. It smells like coffee with some women's perfume mixed in. That does not impress me.

Where are the lovely pumpkin, benzoin, bourbon vanilla, lemon peel, neroli, blood orange, and red ginger?!?!?!

OK. I am upset that this one didn't give me what I wanted. :D WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

So this is the 2nd of the PUMPKIN # WHATEVERS that I have tried. The first one (Pumpkin 3) smelled like coffee and cream.

Am I to assume that the "pumpkin" note on me will always smell like coffee? :P :D

Edited by Dinerdulcinea

This is a nice one, though I suppose it's not fair to always go chasing the lovely Queen of Pumpkins and expect everyone to smell the same. It's a 'rounder' smelling pumpkin scent than the Queen (probably benzoin and vanilla?) and quite likable for my money.

Imp: Sniffing from the imps, this is the clear winner of the pumpkin patch for me, hope its the same on the skin! Sweet, non-buttery pumpkin, slight spice, slight citrus note. I can definitely see the comparisons to pumpkin queen.

Wet: THe citrus is more apparent, supported by a deep sweetness and a nice pumpkin. Gorgeous.

Dry: The citrus steps into the background and its really a smooth pumpkin/spice scent with a lot of creaminess from the vanilla/benzoin. Good throw, but fades on my skin in about 4-5 hrs.

Overall: Love it, bottle, definitely!

I decided to wear this one tonight and mmmm.

Wet: All buttery pumpkin. Very warm and buttery smelling.

Dry: Wow, suddenly lots of lemony citrus! Still butter and pumpkin in the background. This is really delicious. It reminds me of like a dessert table that has fruit pies next to pumpkin pies and all the smells are mingling.

When I first open this bottle it smells very much like Pumpkin Queen to me, but on my skin it's softer and more citrusy. I get the buttery pumpkin scent first and then the spices and vanilla-ish scent come out to play. As it dries down the lovely citrus notes come out and it gets absolutely gorgeous.

I really like this and my only complaint is that it doesn't stick around long enough for me. The wear is about 3 hours before I need to reaply.

Perfect for Halloween.

Edited by Kimocean

The bourbon vanilla adds a really interesting note to this.. it keeps it all very.. creamy. I don't get that much actual pumpkin, though there is a hint of spiciness lurking around, and I attribute some of that to it. The ginger is nice, not at all overwhelming. I get no citrus from this at all, atleast not in a way that I can pick out anything specifically. There is maybe a touch of.. light sourness if I really try to sniff it out. This is the scent of a nice.. vanilla cream pumpkin pie, if such a thing exists.. if it doesn't I may have to expirement with recipes sometime soon :P Seriously, I wish I could eat something that smells like this right now! This is wonderful!

Funnily enough, I expected Pumpkin III to smell how Pumpkin V smells and vice versa.

Pumpkin V is very sweet but light and gentle. I smell the bourbon vanilla the most with a nice wiff of buttery, only very slightly spicy pumpkin underneath. I'm not catching the ginger so much. I can sort of smell the blood orange, but it is way, way in the back. I mostly just get bourbon vanilla and pumpkin, though, and it is lovely. I'm glad I was successful with picking this one out.

i get a buttery pumpkin and i definitely smell blood orange and vanilla in there as well. at first i thought this was too buttery-foody for my tastes, but strangely enough, the longer i wear it the more it grows on me :P it's a citrus-pumpkin-vanilla. gorgeous for fall.

Edited by theseagrows

Yum!! Spicy, orange pumpkin goodness!! This is very warm and spicy, very foody and delicious. The red ginger and blood orange come out on top, with a baked pumpkiny base. There is a hint of vanilla, so this smells like a creamy orange pumpkin cake with cinnamon frosting. Just lovely.

On the dry down, a lemon note comes out and replaces the blood orange. Very interesting, yummy scent! :P

Pumpkin V

In the imp: mmm, smells almost identical to my beloved Pumpkin Queen, but with a tad more ginger.

Wet on skin: PQ, but with more ginger and with blood orange.

Dry: now it’s not as obviously like the Queen, but it certainly has a similarity. This one is heavy on the ginger, but thankfully this red ginger doesn’t go rubbery on me, it just smells hot and spicy, a crackling scent. I also smell beautiful blood orange, a fuller, redder orange than PQ. Lemon adds a brighter citrus tone, as does neroli which adds a hint of floral, whilst the gorgeous Bourbon vanilla (my favourite vanilla) and benzoin add a lovely sweetness, almost mimicking the Egyptian amber from PQ, but this one is sweeter and creamier because of the vanilla, and not as golden and glowy.

After a while: this sweetens and becomes less spicy over time. the ginger now smells dry, still warm but not as fiery as before. The neroli also gives this a slightly floral aspect, but the blood orange still goes strong. The vanilla is delightfully creamy and smooth, not as golden as the amber in PQ, but a little bit sweeter and fluffier. The pumpkin is there, but isn’t the dominant note, it just plays nicely with the other notes. There’s something reminiscent of Australian Copperhead to it, no doubt the neroli and vanilla, but with ginger, orange and pumpkin instead of Snake Oil.

This smoothes out even more, there’s a lovely soft white petal like scent to it now, the orange blossom with a touch of sweet vanilla and dry ginger powder. This is gorgeous and feminine, sweet and approachable. And then after a few hours, I get blood orange once more, and again I am impressed at how long lasting this citrus note is on me. It smells like rich ruby red orange juice with vanilla and just a touch of sweet baked pumpkin-just a hint of it.

Verdict: as I thought, this is the Pumpkin Princess, the sassy, youthful version of the regal and golden Queen. Could this fiery, lively, fruity-floral-vanilla-spicy pumpkin scent dethrone the Queen as my favourite pumpkin scent? I still am in love with the Queen’s amber glory, but this one is equally good in a different way, which means it is a two-bottle worthy scent. It’s not often I fall so in love with pumpkin scents but this one has stolen my heart. I just love the creamy sweetness of the Bourbon vanilla, the spicy heat of a very agreeable red ginger note, and the bold and rich citrus of the blood orange, with a very pleasant-buttery, yes, but not annoyingly so-foody pumpkin note. my favourite of the 2007 Patch by a long shot!

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Oh yes. I need at least two bottles.

If you like this, try: Pumpkin Queen, Australian Copperhead, Akuma, Haunted Palace

Edited by yeahbutnobut

This is, hands-down, my favourite of this year's pumpkins, and also the most reminiscent of Pumpkin Queen. It smells like an awesome warm pumpkin-gingerbread spice cake, fresh from the oven.

I'm still testing Halloweenies and will probably still be doing so until the new year. I've been grabbing decant imps at random, so I didn't know the notes when I tested Pumpkin Patch V.

Some of the pumpkin blends tend to go peachy or buttery on me, and I don't really like that. This one, on the other hand, was all spice with a bit of lemon peel, spice and vanilla. Ginger usually turns to asphalt on me and it didn't in this blend, luckily. All in all, Pumpkin Patch V smells gourmand but not necessarily foody. Love it! Now to work on obtaining a bottle! :D

This is my favorite of the Pumpkin Patch blends this year. :P

Oh baby. It's like someone grabbed Shub & dressed her up in something red & burnished gold & sexxxxy... there's a wallop of lemony ginger, with the buttery pumpkin & vanilla keeping it grounded. The lemon fades quickly with orange & neroli peeking out in its place, cutting the sweetness & adding a zesty, almost effervescent zing. Scylla's right in that it's tasty, but not exactly foody - it's not a pie or dessert scent as much as a festive nod to the edible. I don't really like smelling like food, but I loooove smelling like this! Insta-bottle - just feel stupid it took me this long to try it :P

In the bottle it is very nutty with a bit of pumpkin. On my skin I smelled the pumpkin, orange, lemon and a bit of ginger. Later on it gets very buttery and a bit sweet. It's really nice but I can't decide if I really like it or not.