Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with benzoin, bourbon vanilla, lemon peel, neroli, blood orange, and red ginger.

Yum.

Yay I love this. This is lemony-boozy-spice and ginger-pumpkin. There isn't much change from the imp to the dry down on my wrist. It is, as others mentioned, similar to Pumpkin Queen, which didn't work for me on account of the buttery note aspect. I'm very happy to report I don't get a buttery smell in Pumpkin V. I love the balance of notes in this: it is a little less foody, a little more spicy and way awesome. I never thought of a pumpkin as being so sexy!

In the imp: Heavy, creamy, pumpkin and vanilla. If I really inhale deeply, I can smell the citrus notes underneath.

Wet: First on, it's all pumpkin and vanilla, but after a few seconds, the citruses come out - first the lemon rind and the verbena, sharp and light, followed by the orange, sweet and a bit heavier. Then the ginger appears, and HOLY CRAP is it good. I think I have a new favorite note! Unbelievably sexy and spicy.

Dry: This is a smooth pumpkin/vanilla blend with a hefty kick of the sexiest ginger you've ever encountered. There are stars in my eyes. My pulse is quick. I'm SO in love.

At first this is all buttery pumpkin, then morphs into a gorgeous neroli pumpkin and is balanced by the ginger and vanilla on the drydown. I'll definitely have to get a bottle or two before the halloweenies come down. I'm really loving the pumpkin & neroli combo this blend is :P

In the bottle, this was nearly the twin of my beloved Pumpkin Queen. Alas, that's where the resemblance ends. Wet, this was all sweet pumpkin, but as it dried, it gained a slightly plasticky vanilla scent with a gingery undertone, but the pumpkin is completely gone. I'll keep it to try at other times of the month, but so far, it doesn't seem like it will work for me.

Origin: sniffie from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: I love trying pumpkin scents, but the red ginger scared me off. I wouldn't have tried this, except my decantress threw in an almost-empty bottle as a sniffie.

In the Bottle: Pumpkin!!! Followed by a wave of sweet, hot spice.

Wet: Ginger!!! Sweet and hot but overwhelmingly ginger. My skin is actually burning slightly where I applied it.

Drydown: Okay, the ginger's calming down a little and letting the pumpkin back in a bit. But not much. This is first and foremost a ginger scent on me.

Verdict: It was nice to try it, but now I know red ginger isn't a good note for me.

Edited by puck_nc

This one is an interesting on my skin. Hint of vanilla, some of the blood orange. Again, not a big pumpkin smell (unlike PIII). Vanilla and I aren't great friends so it has that weird plastic like undertone to it. Sad.

(decant from circle)

What a gorgeous scent! I just love vanilla and neroli, and to my joy they are both predominant notes on my skin in this blend. I'm not a big fan of pumpkin, but I like it in combination with the other notes, esp. ginger. I love the way such different notes blend together so harmoniously. Despite the pumpkin, it's surprisingly delicate and non-foody on my skin. I can see myself wearing this all throughout the fall and winter, too.

My only wish is that it didn't fade away so quickly. I was afraid to slather because I only have a decant, but this deserves to be slathered! If I can swing it, Pumpkin V will be a definite bottle purchase before the Pumpkins go away.

On me, Pumpkin Queen smelled like a yellow spice cake with orange cream cheese frosting. It's one of my favorite Halloween foodies, so I was excited to see that Pumpkin #5 has so many similar notes. They do smell a bit similar in their bottles to my nose, but Pumpkin V is less sweet & creamy and has more of a spicy kick to it.

At first on my skin, I worried that this would turn into red hots candies. It has that sort of hot, almost cinnamon spiciness to it. Thankfully this never smells as obnoxious as red hots candies, lol. The drydown of this smells just like gingerbread men on me, actually. The ginger is smooth and spicy, but not overly spicy, and it's really calmed down and mellowed by the other sweet notes.

Pumpkin #5 smells like gingerbread men on me in its drydown. Spiced cookie, vanilla frosting details, and orange candies for buttons. The amped up spice makes it very different from Pumpkin Queen, I think. It winds up being a smooth and creamy spice on me that I actually like and could see myself wearing from time to time.

This blend has potential to give me a headache from being so spicy, but I think I can get away with wearing this on days when I'm actually craving this type of fragrance. :P

Next to Pumpkin #4, this is my second favorite of the Halloween blends.

This is the one I was most excited about - benzoin and bourbon vanilla are favorites of mine. this goes on very fruity - like Jack does, buttery and yet tartly fruity at the same time. But it's apparent that in this blend the fruits are citrus, as it has the citrusy zing to it. There is a little bit of gingery spice to it and the pumpkin is, of course, definitely there.

When it dries, it really comes off like spiced lemon cake with pumpkin frosting or something. Very foody and nice.

Eek. This smells good -- complex and interesting and less pumpkiny than the others -- but I think I'm allergic to red ginger. As soon as I sniffed this my eyes started to itch. The last time I tested an oil with red ginger (War), I got little red welts on my skin. I believe it is time for me to stop putting oil with red ginger in it on my skin. I was hoping that the last time was an isolated incident, but I don't think it was.

:P

This is a damned unsatisfying discovery because I like this scent.

in the bottle it smells in the bottle like jack does on my skin, maybe a bit sweeter and less fruity

wet on skin pumpkin, ooooh, it's so good. the lemon peel and blood orange just give enough of a tang to offset the pumpkin, without being at all citrusy. it has almost none of the butteriness of jack.

dry on skin there's a lot of ginger on the throw, which is lovely. it smells like some kind of autumn dessert, not like a cookie or anything so crass, but like pumpkin créme brulée or something equally snooty. this is another one that i'd like in a gallon jar. *drools*

In the bottle: Pumpkin and butter. Smells alot like Jack, which is fine because I love Jack.

On and Dry: Wow, is this a morpher! Where was that delicious citrus hiding? And that ginger? This is so incredibly delicious. I love lemon cake and ginger and vanilla and pumpkin. This is the sum of all of those things blended into one divine autumn delight!

I'm afraid one bottle isn't going to do it!

WOW this one is gorgeous. I thought the red ginger might chase me away- a lot of the spicier blends tend not to agree with me- but it is so perfectly balanced with the other notes that it really just shines.

This scent is crisp and clean pumpkin spice to my nose. The vanilla tames the ginger, and the orange is just a little zesty. It's a spicy pumpkin cake that doesn't sit heavy in your stomach like a cheesecake would. I can't stop sniffing my arm!

Pumpkin Five

In the bottle: buttery pumpkin with citrus (lemon, orange or both). Very nice.

On my skin: pumpkin with lemon. I really like it. I had heard it was similar to Pumpkin Queen and this not false, but with a citrus note that wasn't in PQ.

After a while: pumpkin, vanilla and lemon. I really enjoy this one a lot. I just wish the throw would be a bit stronger.

Verdict: I cannot decide whether I prefer this one or Pumpkin One. Decisions, decisions…

bottle: oh my. this smells like many of the pumpkin items i like to bake. pumpkin cinnamon rolls, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin waffles...

wet: the citrus and vanilla and pumpkin are all right there!

dry: as with all the other pumpkins, the pumpkin has faded to nothing (or near enough not to matter). the remianing citrus scents have a very warm spicy waft. i think i may need another bottle of this one.

First applied, this smells like pumpkin and dark vanilla. Very vanilla-y. After a few minutes, it gets citrus-y. First the neroli comes out, and it's sort of creamsicle with pumpkin undertones. Then it goes lemony.

I like it a lot, but it's not my favorite Pumpkin. It's a bright, sunshiny, summertime Pumpkin.

This is almost exactly like Pumpkin Queen when this hits my skin—and I really mean almost exactly. This ends up like a slightly more subtle, with a bare hint of floral, version of Pumpkin Queen on my skin. The gingersnap cookies are more mellowed and not so foody which is a very good thing in my book.

Rating: 3.5/5

In the bottle:

Pumpkin and... gingerbread?

Wet:

Pumpkin with something sharp, citrusy and tangy. After a few minutes, I am catching a spicy, sort of gingerbready smell that I am guessing is the red ginger.

Dry:

I can definitely see the similarities to Pumpkin Queen, but it's different enough to make it special. I think I love this one.

I was a little concerned when I cracked this open and sniffed. All I could smell was butter, butter, butter.

However, once on my skin, it bloomed into a lovely spicy vanilla. The ginger is really prominent and so is the vanilla. There's no trace of butter at all and not much pumpkin either.

As it dries, it remains spicy and vanilla.

Definitely a keeper, I just wish there was more pumpkin!

In the bottle: well blended citrus, ginger and pumpkin.

Wet: The lemon and ginger are the dominant notes. As it dries down the blood orange comes out and is rounded off by vanilla.

Dry: citrus, spicy vanilla. I love this scent because it is not cloyingly sweet and foody. My fav of the 2007 Patch (and all 2007 Halloweenies). I need at least one back up bottle!

In the imp: Pumpkin and vanilla with a tiny tinge of spice, But mainly pumpkin.

Wet: Ginger, with the pumpkin and vanilla behind it. What was very sweet and foody in the imp has become less so on my skin.

Drydown: The ginger starts receding and the orange pops out. This was the thing that worried me the most in the list of notes (and why I only got a decant) as it doesn't always work on me, but in this it does! Combined with the vanilla and pumpkin it's a sweet smooth creamy orange. It's become quite sweet and foody again, and the vanilla reminds me of the vanilla in Eat Me which can only be a good thing.

Dry: Mainly creamy pumpkin now with some vanilla and orange, and a hint of spice. I like it, but I'd much prefer it if it stayed in that early drydown stage, or if the ginger was more dominant.

In the imp: That lovely edible pumpkin smell with something... <sniffs again> orangey. Maybe something a little spicy too?

On the wrist: The pumpkin and orange are blending, now, rather than being separate scents. They're a little hotter and drier than I'd expect; that will be the neroli and the ginger, which aren't strong enough to be smelled, but strong enough to influence the expression of the other scents. Everything is really quite faint compared to the pumpkin, though.

One hour later: It's gone all faint. On the right wrist is just a trace of pumpkin, a trace of neroli; no more. On the left, the orange has come through, supported by the less sharp sweetness of the pumpkin, but this, too, is fading. Ah well.

in imp: drunken pumpkin, with spiciness from the ginger and neroli.

on me: and now the citrus notes, more blood orange than lemon peel, and something incensy are poking their heads out too. Pumpkin has receded to the background, but I can still tell it's there.

after a few minutes: wow this is a really low throw blend, I'm all up in my wrist and can barely smell anything. Now it's mostly incense, spice, and citrus. Pumpkin has wandered off somewhere.

Overall: a good scent, not as reminiscent of fall to my nose as PP 2, but it's nice to have found an incense-y scent that isn't uber heavy.

Mmmm...this smells so yummy! It makes me think of warm pumpkin bread and a mug of chai tea. Very delicious and definitely a keeper! :P

Imp: Warm buttery pumpkin with a spiced orange kick. By far the most tempting based purely on the non-skin smell.

Wet: Buttery popcorn comes to full front with a zing of ginger, orange and lemon peel to keep it from getting too buttery rich.

Drydown: Oh no, oh no, something's turning to plastic. Is it the vanilla? Damn it! And something's gone seriously sour in a rotten way. The buttery pumpkin has amped to a silly degree, almost like scented playdoh.

Dry: Plastic playdoh. High-end, nice, not overwhelming plastic playdoh, but alas, plastic playdoh is not a scent I want to be wearing.

My rating: 2/5. Figures it'd be the one out of the Patch that smelled the best in the imp that would smell the worst on my skin.