Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with benzoin, bourbon vanilla, lemon peel, neroli, blood orange, and red ginger.

Ok I'm no foodie but...nom nom nom. Smells like a pumpkin roll to me. Buttery, spicy and pumpkin-licious. Sadly, I would never wear it but it'd be great in the burner and my husband looks hungry...mmm great scent. 3/5

Yummmm a sweet, somewhiat mild oil with less pumpkin coming out in this one (which is good since I already have a few pumpkin-y bottles in Pumpkin II '08 and Pumpkin IV '07). I'm a fan of benzoin and it works well here making things a little dirty, but very pleasant! Keeper :)

I dont get any of the paticular notes in this, maybe Ive been sniffing too many

things today.

What I do get is a gorgeous fresh from the oven buttery spiced pumpkin pie.

None of that icky crust mind you, just the good parts.

These pumpkins are making me long for fall!

Pumpkin Queens twin! This is a warm, buttery pumpkin with just a teeny bit of ginger and mulling spices.

Pumpkin V is the only one of the 2007 Patches I was able to purchase (and yes I'm just reviewing it now! :lol: ). I'm really glad I decided to pick up a bottle :)

Dry on my skin I think I actually like this better than Pumpkin Queen. PQ has more ginger while this one has more buttery pumpkin. I REALLY want to eat my arm right now.

This is such a glorious autumn scent. Yummy! :yum:

The Labs pumpkin note was something I didn't initally like too much but after digging out some of my older pumpkin scents I've fallen in love with their wonderful pumpkiny goodness.

Got this off ebay this spring, haven't gotten around to reviewing it.

So delicious! Mostly I get the pumpkin, burbon vanilla, and orange. I love this one, pumpkin and citrus is a good combo. Yum!

Oh my god. A light pumpkin with a luscious and creamy vanilla-orange vibe. This is the epitome of creamy and warm and edible. It's also very well blended -- I can reasonably distinguish each note when I think about what my nose is smelling, but really it just melds overall into something utterly beautiful, golden & orange. The ginger note is light, adding a subtle rounded spice. The lemon note wafts uber-lightly over top, adding a bit of sparkly freshness to a blend that could end up too heavy and sweet.

I think that for my first introduction to the pumpkin patch, this couldn't have been more perfect.

The throw is medium-light, and the wear-length about the same. I think this could benefit from a scent-locket or slathering, although I'll be horrified if I ever run out of this!

In the bottle: it's some kind of avant-garde pumpkin dessert, not your typical pies mind you, something more like 'crustless pumpkin-orange bake with a topping of candied ginger." A little unusual, and quite good.

It stays that way on my skin for all of two minutes before it starts morphing. I couldn't follow it too well, but about 15 minutes in I was getting spiced cider (ok, wierd, but yummy) and a half-hour or so in it's turned to....slightly boozy, really juicy grape bubblegum! Really wierd, and not what I really want to smell like most days. At first I just got it from a reasonable distance, and could still smell the original smell up close on my wrist, but now it's completely gone over.

Average-to-strong throw. Will update later with staying power and any additional morphs.

I'll be keeping this, but only for occational uses in home fragrance. I guess it's a plus that it's less traditionally seasonal-I could see myself still enjoying this (in its original form) in other times of the year.

Edit: about 4 1/2 hours in, it died down but hasn't vanished. There's been a slight shift sweeter-boozier, but still basically the same scent.

Edited by fisharescary

This smells like pumpkin spiced coffee with rich cream. Someone needs to stop me before I drink this!

After a few hours, the vanilla and the pumpkin are going strong and they are the only two notes that I can still detect. Even the ginger has left me momentarily and I'm feeling a little like a pumpkin creme topping. This scent makes me hungry up until it fades leaving me with a slight pumpkin note and a little bit of zing from residual ginger.

Edited by Beevee

Ooohh. This is reminescent of my beloved Pumpkin Queen. Slightly foody, and very spicy, especially with the red ginger. There is a definite citrus kick in addition to the spicy, buttery, creamy pumpkin. This is soo delicious.

Wet: Sometimes, there's an initial waft of buttery pumpkin... thick, rich, and just too much. But then it turns to cheerful orange citrus with a lightly spiced, tasty layer of white vanilla cake underneath. I really like the citrus, it's really brightening and lightening things up.

Dry: It smells like some kind of baked pumpkin dessert with a lemon glaze. The citrus fades down with time. There's a definite red ginger note, which is lovely. The neroli and benzoin add a little something extra that keeps this from being too straight up dessert like... still, though, this is making me hungry. :lol: After a while this becomes a warm autumnal scent, not too heavy... all tasty ginger-spiked pumpkin infused with vanilla bourbon and a persistent hint of brightness that I can only attribute to some seriously persistent hint of blood orange! My boyfriend commented that I smelled like tea, and I think I can see that: the ginger spice and citrus are reminiscent of some ginger teas I've had.

Overall: I was very curious about BPAL pumpkin, but also very wary: "buttery" is usually an adjective of doom. This is really nice though, since it has some notes I really adore, like ginger and citrus. It's a very pleasant, comforting smell, and it would also make a great room scent. I worried at first that it was too too foody for me to wear, but after the cakey, thick feel of the top notes wears off, it dries down to something far more buoyant than I'd expect. I ended up upgrading my decant to a bottle. I simply can't imagine a better pumpkin patch scent!

Edited by findaghost

Another one of the pumpkin scents and this one is another winner. The fruitiness of the lemon peel, neroli and blood orange blend so well with the slightly spicy pumpkin scent. The ginger freshens it up a bit. Really nice scent and I’ll enjoy wearing it, especially in the autumn.

Wet: wet sweet pumpkin with a touch of benzoin and vanilla. there's a ghost of red ginger too!

Drydown:more ginger and lemon peel comes out here. I can smell a bit of blood orange but since this is aged 2 years, the citruses may have decreased in potency... the pumpkin and vanilla/benzoin is still dominant. This is very very autumn-y. Delicious and comforting with a slight uplifting element from the citrus and ginger.

This is a review of an aged bottle.

In the bottle: Pumpkin pie and a hint of something almost soapy.

On skin, wet: Still pumpkin pie with a very faint whiff of soap. Maybe it's the neroli?

On skin, dry: No more soap, this is straight up pumpkin pie.

After an hour: Still basically the same as the initial drydown, with maybe a touch more spice and a touch less pumpkin. A very warm scent.

Decided to give this one another shot before I put it on eBay.

In the bottle: Definitely pumpkin. A little vanilla. Something spicy (probably the ginger) and a slight fruity tang (lemon and blood orange)

On my skin (wet): All pumpkin and creamy vanilla, the other notes sort of get lost.

On my skin (dry): Still a lot of vanilla going on, with a little spice. The pumpkin's almost totally gone, and something has gone powdery - neroli, probably. A lot of notes derived from botanicals tend to go powdery on me (rose is the absolute worst, which sucks cause I love rose. It just doesn't love me.)

Verdict: While I love the scent in the bottle, I'm not going to wear it - Spicy vanilla powder isn't something I particularly want to smell like. I'd love it to pieces in a warmer or a scented candle, but it's not a wearable.

Edited by RockstarGirl

Holy jeebus! I smell delicious! Like pumpkin muffins with the best vanilla icing ever *drool*

Okay, serious review time.

I love this, like wow.

In the vial it's straight pumpkin doughnuts and vanilla icing with cinnamon and ginger powder topping. Fresh out of the oven. The vanilla is mouthwatering.

On the skin the pumpkin amps and I smell the pulpiness of the gourd more. Now it smells more like I'm making pumpkin pie from scratch and am adding in all the spices to the mashed pulp--just on my skin.

As it dries it becomes primarily pumpkin and bourbon vanilla, with the spices lingering effervescently. The citrus notes come forth to de-cake the scent overall and it's wonderful. the blood orange is perfectly tart and sweet on its own to add just the right balance to the rest especially paired with the creamy orangy neroli.

It reminds me a bit of circus freak with the addition of spiced pumpkin. Mmm

It's actually quite a sophisticated foodie pumpkin blend. I'm in love! :wub2:

In The Bottle: Rich, cakey, pumpkiny, can really smell the red ginger. And it is /red/ too, it's very spicy, and slightly hot smelling, but not hot like cinnamon.

Wet: I asked my dad what this smelt like on my skin, he said cake. This smells like sweet, rich, BUTTERY pumpkin cake, with a hint of spice.

Drydown: As this dries, the ginger really kicks in, and it turns into a very dark and mysterious spicy pumpkin cake, but still veeeery buttery and rich. I can also smell a bit of citrus, but nowhere near as orangey as PQ was on me.

Verdict: This smells quite similar to Pumpkin Queen to my nose, except PQ is more orange cookie than pumpkin cake. Yum!

4/5

This is my holy grail of pumpkin scents. It smells to me like what autumn is supposed to smell like: warm, rich, sweet, spicy, rolling in glorious pumpkin goodness. I wore this constantly the year I got it, then realised that it was an LE and I would eventually run out. Since then, I've been carefully holding on to it, only wearing it when I absolutely must be the Pumpkin Queen of the day.

Wet, this one is warm and rich, a whole lot of pumpkin and vanilla and spice, like diving into a pumpkin crème brûlée head first through the crust of nearly-burnt sugar. As it dries, the citrus of the blood orange and neroli come out, sweetening the mixture, but then the ginger grows, warming it and darkening the whole affair. It becomes downright sexy on me, like wearing a slinky dress of deepest bronze slit up to the thigh and walking into a room hip by hip. Like I said, Pumpkin Queen. A very particular kind of Pumpkin Queen. And it lasts. I often can smell it lingering on my clothes and hair the next day. Utterly glorious and yet, it has a darkness that keeps it out of the territory of generic autumn candle or Bath and Body Works pumpkin lotion. It is not a Pumpkin Princess, she's a damn Queen.

BPAL almost always knocks pumpkin scents out of the park for me, and this one was my gateway drug. The first hit is always the best, I suppose!

ooh this is yummy. Pumpkin and bourbon vanilla in the bottle. It goes on as a creamy bourbon vanilla and later develops a coffee edge, drying to ginger. I'm not getting any pumpkin on my wrist, but that's okay. This is wonderful!

I was frimped a decant of Pumpkin V 2007, and it's delightful. It goes on in a blast of pumpkin, citrus and ginger, but the latter elements fade quickly on my skin, which tends to eat up even citrus that's not a decade old. What's left is a warm pumpkiny bourbon vanilla with hints of ginger, which I like because it's not all pumpkin spice in your face. It wears close to the skin on me, but it's delicious.

Wet: Pumpkin pastry with some bourbon vanilla! 

Dry: Pumpkin pastry, bourbon vanilla, and coffee. Pumpkin 3 from the same collection year gives me the same coffee scent, but it's MUCH stronger in that blend. Here, it's just a whiff of coffee. 

Love having this in my collection.

This is so, so yummy and has always been one of my favorite pumpkin scents.  I don't think I ever reviewed it (I looked, sorry if I missed it).  I don't get a whole lot of citrus.  It does smell like the same pumpkin note as Pumpkin Queen and Pumpkin Cheesecake, with a little sweetness and a little spice.  I usually just wear this at home as a comfort scent and it fades really fast on me, and I don't really care, I just reapply it.  Simply fall joy in a bottle.  : )