Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with white chocolate, caramel, pomegranate, and cream.

instant love! pomegranate turns out to be an excellent fruity companion for pumpkin, saving it from becoming too buttery (as it often does on me). the tart fruit notes are perfectly balanced with the rich white chocolate and luscious caramel and cream (i'd say the cream is more prominent than the caramel -- it's that lovely creamy note also found in the candy butcher). an outstanding foody scent. i need a bottle immediately :P

I think this is my least favorite pumpkin of the whole patch. The chocolate note smells similar to 13 on me, which also didn't work out--it just turns into stale chocolate, ruining it all.

straight sniff is chocolate and pumpkin :D

once applied it is all that and more...

but after awhile....it smells like wtF?

oatmeal ?!? :P boo....

Imp: White chocolate liquer.

Wet: White chocolate liquer with a nutty base.

Drydown: Whoa, okay, weird. It flipped to dark chocolate on me, and reminds me mostly of those not-quite-made-from-real-chocolate chocolate foil coins from my childhood. You know, those brown chewy pieces of chemical candy that had only the barest resemblance to real chocolate? It's delicious, regardless, and is the one chocolate note that doesn't make me gag with plastic nausea.

Dry: The throw may be all chocolate, but skin-close there's the caramel loping in. I wish the pomegranate was more present.

My rating: 4/5. Just for the fact that it's a chocolate note that works on me. :P

This is without a doubt my new signature Autumn scent. For me the pumpkin is the base while the creamy white chocolate with spicy caramel stays in front. The pomegranate is only detectable when I sniff with the absolute intention of seeking it out. It's more like a few seeds sprinkled over a delicious pumpkin spice cake desert.

I've hit a dry spell with BPAL recently and I'm so glad to be smacked with a scent that once again makes me go WOW. Now to order a bottle.. or two.

pumpkin + drink me

Actually, I like it better than Drink Me...and for some reason the pumpkin portion of the scent lasts like woah on my skin. I can't decide whether or not to order a bottle, or just dilute this imp into a 5 ml with some carrier- it's THAT strong! Very, very yummy, and I'm pleasantly surprised that the chocolate worked on me as well (usually cocoa= mold on my skin).

On me, this starts off as a brassy pumpkin-and-chocolate party. The pomegranate? AWOL, but I don't mind. As it wears on, though, everything seems to fade away from the chocolate and cream, until it smells like a syrup-heavy Hazelnut latté. Good smell, but no pumkin on me. Then again, I'm having trouble catching it in number One, as well, so maybe my skin just eats up pumpkins like a big hungry troll.

Nom nom nom.

:P

As one who loves the foody, this was too much for me. The caramel and chocolate and sickeningly sweet and way overpower the pumpkin. I really thought this would be the favorite, but I was dead wrong.

I'm so sorry that I have to say this. BUT PP III ist ugly on me :D There is no chocolate, no pomegranate and no cream. :P

There is only sweet tabacco and smoke :D It is really terrible on me and I would like to wash it away but I sweard to give it 2 propper chances (this is already the second). I think it is the caramel. Hellcat has the same behaviour on me.

I guess this is the first 5ml bottle which I can't stand. :)

I don't know if this will make sense to anyone else, but Pumpkin III smells like Starbuzz Pumpkin Pie Shisha Tobacco. Almost exactly. And that stuff tastes awesome, so it's a great association to have.

I guess the best way to describe it is pumpkin and spices with a hint of fruity tobacco. The chocolate is definitely there and quite nice. This one's a bottle for me.

Somehow, the combination of white chocolate + caramel + cream = dark chocolate on my skin. :P So this makes PPIII lush, dark chocolate drizzled over pumpkin and pomengranate slices. Chocolate is a note that usually fades fast on my skin, and the original Pumpkin Patch 2 didn't work on me, so I am really loving this scent. :D

ETA: This DID smell like Pumpkin coffee on me after several hours....I love it!!

Edited by TheIceMaiden

Mmm. Sweet, chocolate-y, caramel pumpkin. The pomegranate gives it just enough vibrance to keep the blend from becoming overwhelmingly heavy. The drydown is reminiscent of a pumpkin coffee (no spice), and I LOVE it. If I want spice, I can always layer on some Shub or Gingerbread Poppet (when I get my new bottle!), and I'd imagine that will be *amazing* too. This one was the surprise winner out of the two orders that I received yesterday...I'm so glad I got a bottle!

ETA: Either my nose was acting crazy the first day I tried this or a couple of days have changed the oil a bit, but the last few times I've worn this it has been ALL pomegranate in the beginning. I wasn't even aware of it until I ate a pomegranate the night after I got Pumpkin III, but the next day when I put the oil on I was hit with a blast of juicy, red pomegranate. After awhile the pumpking and caramel started to come out on my skin, but the oil in my hair stayed primarily pomegranate (with just a hint of something richer that balanced it, though I couldn't tell if it was caramel or pumpkin)throughout the day. Such a wonderful scent for this time of year...I'm seriously debating another bottle before it goes away.

Edited by vividdreamer

No pumpkin, no chocolate, no pomegranate, no caramel...but I do get cream!

Y'all are maybe going to laugh, but no matter how I try to sample this scent (in combo with different body creams, straight up, whatever) it ALWAYS smells like coffee with sugar and cream.

COFFEE??

Yes.

It really smells like Sephora's Coffee and Cream whipped body delight. I like the way that stuff smells (though lots of other people don't) so I really like Pumpkin III.

Not chocolate or pumpkin, but I still like it.

There is a little bit of non-dairy creaminess though...perhaps the pumpkin?

ETA---it's not just my nose...my husband also thinks that, on me, it smells like coffee and cream with sugar.

Edited by Dinerdulcinea

Oh, it's beautiful! The pumpkin and white chocolate are sweet and lovely, and while the pomegranate is a little piercing at first, it settles right down with the caramel, to make a cozy, well-composed whole. It's definitely not a scent one can wear everywhere, but it's gorgeous when one is in the mood for a nice autumn foodie - sweet but not overpowering, complex but still inviting. I went and bought a half-bottle of this for those days when my sweet tooth must be indulged.

Skin Chemistry never fails to amuse me. For me this is Jack + Sugar Skull, with a huge emphasis on Sugar Skull. Where is the chocolate? Where is the pomegranate? Where is the cream? Very strange. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Sugar Skull...just wasn't what I expected from this one. :P Very wearable though, great throw and lasting power.

Mmmm. The pumpkin is just strong enough to be noticeable, but the white chocolate dominates this scent for me when it first goes on. I can also smell the sweet juicy tartness of the pomegranate, and as the oil dries the caramel comes out to play. Eventually all I can smell is white chocolate fudge drizzled generously with caramel. It's definitely yummy, and I think I want to eat myself, but I'm not sure if I really want to smell like this. The throw is VERY strong, and it seems to last for-freaking-ever (I put some on last night and could still smell it after I showered this morning!).

Pumpkin Patch 3 2007-

In Bottle: Creamy and sweet, with a bit of a fruity edge.

Wet: Fruuuuuit. Sweet berryish fruit and there's the pumpkin and creaminess. Yum!

Dry: There's something heavily cloying in the middle of all this fruit. An odd herbal note. Everything else would be lovely if not for that note! I think it's the same note that CocoaLissette remarked upon in her post. The cloy recedes a little but then it gets musty.

Overall: A cloying note that makes this one questionable.

I don't get any pomegranate out of this at all which really bums me out. To me this smells like Jack with white chocolate mixed in. This is the first scent with a cream note in it, and for some reason the cream smells very cool on me, almost like the sensation of smelling a very cold mint without the actual mint scent. Odd, but I kind of like it.

Sadly this has zero throw on me. I covered my wrist in it TWICE, and I still have to press my nose against my skin to smell anything.

I'm definetely keeping my imp but no bottle for me. It's too close to Jack and my skin eats it.

When first applied I get a strong pomegranate note which fades pretty quickly - after about 10 minutes or so. Then it's a strong buttery scent mingled with the most delectable chocolate note I've yet sniffed from the Lab. It makes me think of hot buttered popcorn with gourmet dark and white chocolate drizzled over the top. The chocolate scent eventually overpowers the butter for about an hour, but after that the butter gradually moves back to center stage, and by the end of the day it's a butter and burnt-sugar smell that reminds me of Gluttony and Hellcat.

I really don't care for the strong buttery note in this so I won't be buying a bottle, but the chocolate is divine. I hope to find white chocolate in some other BPAL blends in the future!

Well, this doesn't work so well on my skin. I think I might have just found out that caramel smells burned on me.

However, on a piece of tissue, this smells like divine rich dark chocolate cake with buttery sweet vanilla frosting, and good caramel drizzled over the top. It takes the pomegranate a little while to sneak its head out, but then it smells like you cut into the cake and there is warm gooey, pomegranate filling in there.

Wow I wish this worked on my skin. I'm going to use this in an oil burner, or mabey I'll ask for a scent locket for Christmas :P

Warm and creamy with a sharp note of sweet, sweet pomegranate bursting through. I can't smell any pumpkin, but the white chocolate and pomegranate is a truly delectable combination, nicely grounded with the cream and just a hint of smoky caramel.

After a little while I get a sort of nutty scent coming through. I was a bit worried this would be too piercingly sweet to wear all day long, but after drying it is just so yummy and snuggly. I adore this one. I might have to get myself a full bottle in the next couple of days! :P

I am a fairly thorough Brit, and therefore have had very little contact with pumpkins of any kind. That being said - can someone send me some pumpkin pie if this is what it smells like?!

In the bottle: When I first opened the bottle and sniffed my nose nearly blew up. This is a VERY strong scent! Nice, if acustomed to it, but VERY strong. Buttery nuttyness is all that I really get from it. Waved it under my mums nose and got "Oooh, sponge pudding" as a reply. :P

On: STRONG!! I put half a dab on my arm and I can't get away from it! At first it's just nutty sugar. The caramel comes up, but it's a little burnt. Not really getting any chocolate through, but a LOT of cream. Made me think of coffee in restraunts - the cream that they bring out for it.

Drydown: There's still a fairly thick backdrop of cream, low on the caramel/ sugaryness-that-could-be-the-chocolate and still fairly constant nuttiness (which I've finally taken to be the pumpkin?) Also a distinct theme of "Fruity". Not really getting a colour of these fruits, but it's definately FRUIT. I'll assume thats as far out as the pomegranate is going to come.

A lovely sweet scent. Unsure on where I would wear it outside of the house, but I think I may be holding on to this bottle at least until the weather gets a bit warmer!

This year's pumpkins are SO. STRONG.

Pumpkin III makes me its whipping girl. Seriously, I'm not into BDSM, but this pumpkin totally dommed my ass. I'm still reeling. When I recover, and maybe after a session or 2 with my therapist, maybe then I'll be able to talk about it...

^_~

Imp: Deep boozy chocolate--like creme de cacao, over pumpkin.

Wet: Immediately more fruity and less chocolate-y--and I'm getting a distinct creamy/pina colada type scent like I get from Milk Moon 07--maybe the same milk note?

Dry: Chocolate and cream. Reminds me of the Candy Butcher. The caramel wafts, and the fruit dies off for the most part. I also get a bit of a nutty note from this--like a hazelnut coffee feel.

Overall: The whole things smells yummy, but too gourmand for me. It also verges on plastic/burnt at times (caramel and I are only sometimes friends). I'll be passing this off in swaps.