Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with white chocolate, caramel, pomegranate, and cream.

I was SO EXCITED to try this scent because I love pumpkin everything and also adore sweet foody smells in general--in fact, the sweeter the better (think Mis U, Drink It, Bliss...you get the picture).

In the bottle, the pumpkin simply rang with white chocolate notes and smelled absolutely delish. Although it held this sweetness wet, it went bonkerpants on drydown, turning into a cloying, overripe fruity smell. Maybe the pom? Not sure, but how sad (and given my odd and petulant skin chemistry, maybe not surprising). Unfortunately, this yummy is not for me.

ADDED Oct. 23:

I was heartbroken when this went bleck on me, but it's nice to know the oddness is not entirely my vivid imagination, ha.

This is decadent. :P

My first thought was of the delicious smell you get when walking into one of those homemade candy stores. Sweet and sugary and chocolatey and just . . . yum.

At first, I get no pumpkin. It's all creamy white chocolate, caramel, and a hint of fruit. Very buttery and rich.

After a few minutes - there's the pumpkin! Buttery pumpkin and a hint of chocolate. The pom isn't terribly noticeable, but there's definitely something fruity and red behind it all. And it starts to come out a little bit more with the passing minutes . . . I'm in love. :D

In the bottle: Definitely white chocolate. It's Spooky meets 13.

On the skin: Very creamy, This is a foodies' dream, seriously. It's all sticky sweet carmel on me, with the chocolate. It has a hint of pumpkin when it soaks into my skin. Thankfully it doesn't stay overwhelmingly powerful; I could see it giving me a headache easily. It remains sharply sweet, though.

Wow, i don't smell the intense buttery pumpkin! this is just a wiff of warm pumpkin without the butteryness ... but there is TOTALLY white chocolate (if you don't like cocoa scents but you like chocolate you will love this, cocoa scents can go powdery and sickeningly sweet on me, this is a PERFECT sweetness), creamy and perfectly sweet. I actually smell a touch of licorice and hazelnut too but it must be my imagination :P it's actually not TOO horribly sweet, it's fabulously blended. One of the big winners in the set!

Ooh, caramel pumpkin. A bit of fruitiness, I get more of a dry fruit note than pomegranate. Almost a raisin scent, a creamy hint of white chocolate, a little bit of toasted nuts, and then caramelized pumpkin.

I was on the fence with this one because I already own Pumpkin Chessecake, but now I'm really glad I bought this. It's just lovely! On my skin, it's very well balanced. The pomegranate popped only briefly, but I'm kinda glad it's gone. I wanted a more "warm creamy spicy" pumkin and less "fruity." I'm quite pleased.

:P You know it's a good scent when I just start rambling nonsense.

8 hours later...I can still smell it on my wrists! Wow. I love all day scents.

Edited by Teggy

I just got my bottle this morning. I'm in LOVE! :P

In the bottle: A creamy, almost boozy smell. Like some kind of fall 'nog.

Wet: Pomegranate and pumpkin! I'd never smelled the two together, but they complement each other quite nicely.

Dry: Oh, man...this is like some kind of amazing fall dessert! Like a decadent pumpkin pie topped with icecream and fruit. I just want to eat my arms up. I'm SO glad I picked this pumpkin...I'm going to be smelling like this all fall, I think. ;D

In the bottle: CHOCOLATE

Wet: CHOCOLATE... and some caramel! For a few seconds there's a whiff of pomegranate, then it's gone. I smell like a gooey caramel brownie.

Dry: I never get any pumpkin from this, and it dries down to a slightly singed sugary caramel scent. It's not offensive, but I don't love it. I've learned to appreciate foody scents, but this one is just too much for me. Off to swaps. But hey! At least now I know that I can wear the Lab's cream note.

Pumpkin III reminds me of a less nauseating, smoother version of Jack in the vial with its strong, buttery pumpkin notes. On my skin, this doesn't remind me of Jack at all though. I was afraid of the pomegranate in this blend because BPAL's pom tends to smell bitter and overly tart on me. Surprisingly, the fruitiness in here actually strikes me as a mellow raspberry more than what I usually associate with pomegranate.

I get a raspberry-like fruitiness dominating the blend with a good dose of something that smells like brown sugar and a hint of sweet spice (perhaps the pumpkin and caramel playing well together?). I really wish that more of the 'cream' note was apparent on my skin. Pumpkin III is probably a bit too fruity for me, but this is still a really lovely blend of sweets, spice, and fruit. :P

I couldn't wait for my decant (or the bottle I ordered), so I got a partial. So glad I did!

This is heaven. Heaven.

Wet: Pumpkin, white chocolate, vanilla, caramel, and fruit. It's a buttery pumpkin, but not scary.

Dry: More buttery, but not overwhelming, sweet, creamy, nutty pumpkin, with a tangy fruitiness. There is no single note that dominates. It is perfection, it is delicous, I love it.

LOVE IT :P

I had to get this one, because for some reason, the combination of Pomegranate and Pumpkin really appeals to me (I've seen it together in other places a handful of times, and it's always pleasant). Plus, white chocolate and caramel and cream? Yes please.

It goes on like white chocolate (smells just like the original 13 at first, because it's like white chocolate as a single note). But pretty much right away I start getting pomegranate and pumpkin - which is really nice - a kind of tart and fruity note with pumpkin and a chocolate base. It does smell a little "nutty" but I think that's just the pumpkin, because I've noticed that a lot of BPAL's pumpkin blends have a sort of hazelnut like note in them.

In the drydown, the cream note and chocolate are most prominent, so the end result is like Candy Butcher + pumpkin. I definitely like it though, smells "home-y".

In the bottle and fresh on: Oh dear, this smells as though it might go burnt-sugar on me.

Drydown: No, I guess that was just the pumpkin -- but it's awfully sweet.

Wearing on: Continues to be extremely sweet, almost sickly-sweet, and very heavy on the pumpkin. Pumpkin is not my favorite scent, but I've liked it when blended with the right modifiers. I don't think these are the right modifiers. I don't get even a hint of pomegranate, which I was hoping would add a tart note -- just sticky/sugary/creamy and pumpkin. Since the Perversity of the Universe tends toward a maximum, the staying power on this is excellent; nearly 12 hours later, it's still strongly present on my wrists.

Bottom line: This is the olfactory equivalent of a too-much-candy tummyache. To the swap pile it goes.

Oooo. Not a sickeningly sweet foodie scent, more of a deep creamy scent. One of the patches from last year had pomegranate in it, so I already knew I liked the pumpkin + pomegranate combination. Wasn't sure how I'd like chocolate and caramel with it, though. But it's nice! Definitely a pumpkin scent, but it's kind of a creamy pumpkin with a little bit of caramel. Not sugar, caramel. It's definitely caramel. Smells yummy.

I just tried this one this morning, and it's amazing! At first, when I put it on, I got an almost burnt-cake scent. Maybe darkest caramel? Then after a minute, it became chocolate cake! Lovely! It morhed a bit and was figgy, the chocolate cake fading, then a clear, dark fruit note came through - pomegranate! Finally, now, about a half hour later, it's pumpkin-y, with just a hint of caramel in the background.

I don't normally like foodies, but I've always wanted to try the Pumpkins, and I love this one!

I don't know... we all know what a foody lover I am, and yet this one just doesn't sit right with me.

In the bottle: Godiva white chocolate liquor. Straight up. Like, I have the bottle of godiva sitting here :P and I am sniffing them alternately and they are the SAME THING. This pumpkin is not just sweet, it's LIQUOR-sweet.

Skin: Calms a LOT as it dries down. This is much like PP2 (cocoa, hazelnut, walnut) without the grittiness of the nuts. It's sweeter and smoother.

Dry down: I'm noticing that same vomit-sick sweetness that's in Milk Moon 07. It has to be the cream. Milk and cream scents often go sour on my skin. How unfortunate! And then, they turn to pineapple, what's up with that!

Yep, now it just smells like pumpkin Milk Moon. Blah!!

Love it. The chocolate note is quite prominent on first sniff, but recedes rather quickly. As others have described, it's almost Jack lite in terms of a much less prominent buttery note. I can barely pick out caramel, it's much more creamy and well blended than rich and overpowering. Think of a light, creamy pumpkin drink as opposed to a rich pie or dessert. Yum!

bottle: like chocolate and caramel pipe smoke.

wet: this smells really weird on me. i don't seem to be getting any pumpkin from this and the remaining scents are a bit of a disaster on me. they don't smell exactly bad, just like a great dessert gone horribly, horribly wrong.

dry: the whole scent has gone up in smoke and i smell like over-roasted cocoa beans. and it doesn't seem to be fading. alas, we were not meant to be.

(edited for spelling)

Edited by hkhm

Pumpkin Three

I'm very cautious about this one because chocolate and caramel usually turn to disaster on my skin, to the point of making me feel sick. But I still want to give it a try.

In the bottle: buttery pumpkin and chocolate. Slightly nauseating.

On my skin: burnt sugar (that's caramel on my skin) and chocolate… the pumpkin is not as strong as in the other Pumpkins. Possibly because my skin amps the foody scents like crazy (that's my luck as I don't like foody notes!).

After a while: it's all chocolate… even the pumpkin (which is usually long-lasting on my skin) is tamed by the overpowering chocolate.

Verdict: not my thing at all but I suspect foody lovers will like it a lot.

Wow, on me this smells like some sort of chocolate-pumpkin baked good, emphasis on the chocolate. It's been pulled fresh from the oven and drizzled with caramel. There's also a tiny bit of cream in the background. It's definitely very, very foody. It seems like it would be fantastic as a room scent - no one of the notes dominates to my nose.

This is extreme dark chocolate, but a dark chocolate with a boozy element—like sniffing the Godiva liquor. Yummy, but it makes me feel like my head should be realing. It dries down to a fairly heavy dark chocolate, sticky sensation. This feels like it should be the drink to Boomslang’s foody chocolate on my skin. It’s a bit too foody for my tastes.

Rating: 2/5

Very, very sweet-foody. That's just the sort of thing I like, so Pumpkin III is a winner in my book. The pumpkin note I'm getting from it is more fresh raw pumpkin than pumpkin pie, and the caramel seems to be going to a not unpleasant burnt-sugar smell.

In the bottle:

Pumpkin and chocolate.

Wet:

Initially, chocolate is the strongest note on me, but my skin drinks chocolate and I doubt that will last.

Dry:

I have to agree with the previous reviewer who likened this to a hybrid of Jack and the July 2007 13. Yummy, but only if you're into foodies. :P

Edited to add: Unfortunately, when I wore this the other day, it took on a weird, sort of mildewy scent. It was pretty horrifying because it also had a lot of throw. It's that time of month, so I will let it sit and try it again in a week or so, but if it happens again, it's off to the swaps with this one.

Edited by n3m3sis42

In the imp: Chocolate. Very rich, slightly buttery chocolate, with a thin hint of fruit in the afterscent. Not entirely unakin to the most recent 13.

On the wrist: On the wrist the pumpkin comes through a bit, giving body to the chocolate. The pomegranate seems to have vanished utterly. This is a heavy, edible, chocolate cake sort of scent. I appear to have started salivating.

One hour later: Heavy, rich, edible chocolate, lightened by just a trace of pomegranate. This is what I wanted Lump of Coal to be. It's absolutely delicious; but I'd never keep my wrists if I wore it...

In the imp, the first hit is the richness of caramel and cream, immediately and instantly cut with pomegranate half a second later.

On skin? Delicious! Wow, certainly the most food-like scent I have come across so far, and one I really, really love, even though the pomegranate fades back immediately under cream and pumpkin. Maybe I want to swap Sugar Skull for this, seriously (Sugar Skull - you are a cute idea but you make me feel as though I am being violently abused by burnt caramel in personal places). Goes on with a rich pumpkin-sort of scent, creamy and chocolatey. The chocolate intensifies to an amazing cocoa scent, which then fades gradually behind a pumpkin smell. Which is really confusing considering this is white chocolate. Huh? Oh well!

Damn do I want something nice to nibble on now.

The whole scent is incredibly well blended for me, with subtle changes on the skin. The only thing that slows me down is that my partner didn't like it very much.

:P I was so excited about this one.

This one smells NOTHING like the description on me though.

In the imp: Ugh! Smells herbally, I had to look up the notes and see if I was confusing pumpkins.

Wet: So very strong! The minute the wand touched my skin it wafted up to my nose. Still herbally, now with butter and pumpkin and something really sharp.

Dry: I wish I knew what was smelling so herbal, it is almost like hay actually.

This one is a no for me. :D

ETA: About 45 minutes later the creaminess begins to come out, as does the pomegranate. Smelling better now, but still has that weird hay or herb scent!

Edited by Nidaba