Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with white chocolate, caramel, pomegranate, and cream.

Straight up this is decadent chocolate cake and cream. Though it says it is white chocolate my nose smells dark chocolate. After putting it on my skin the pomegranate comes peeking it's little red head out from around the corner making this a chocolate caramel topped cake with a gushy red fruity center. After a few minutes the pomegranate comes out a little more. I am not getting any pumpkin out of this or any buttery notes, nor is the fruit super strong. Those who like chocolate blends will love this!

Okay. So. Take the buttery pumpkin of Jack, and the boozy chocolate July of 07's 13, and blend them together. This is a chocolatey, buttery, brown-sugary confection. I feel like raiding a bakery and eating all of their pumpkin-flavored coffee cake. It's warm, it's comforting, and there's a strong boozy note at first. I dig it. I smell like Christmasween.

Edited by Betty Baker

Positively edible! This is better than pumpkin pie. Sweeter than chocolate. And smells yummy! It's warm and cozy. Now I can't wait for the cold weather to curl up with this and a hot cocoa.

August 2009: I had to get this out and try it while waiting for my Weenie '09 order and it has aged so well!

Edited by Cheri

I really though I'd love #3 but I'm beginning to figure out that the Lab's caramel note just doesn't react well with my skin chemistry. It ends up smelling like burnt brown sugar and more or less overtakes the rest of the notes including the pumpkin. My nose can't even find the pomegranate or white chocolate. I may have to give this another shot when it gets a little cooler to see if my perceptions change but it looks as though this may be the first pumpkin blend that doesn't work for me.

ok, now this one I love. It's what I somehow always hoped to get from 13 in terms of the white chocolate. The pumpkin isn't the dominant note but it plays very well with the chocolate and caramel. I'm not sure I can detect the pomegranate though. This smells yummy, sort of like a warm cup of warm white hot chocolate. This is a real comfort scent and it's not too strong for me. So, yes! I'ma big fan of this pumpkin!

In the bottle and wet on my skin, Pumpkin 3 is the same as the other patch scents - pumpkin with that buttery graham cracker note.

As the scent dries, the chocolate and caramel come out alongside the pumpkin and it loses the whole graham cracker crust note. This smells like a torte made from layers of chocolate cake, pureed pumpkin, and caramel icing. I almost feel like my fingers should be sticky. It's hard to resist licking them. The pomegranate is barely detectable but adds a fruity roundness to the whole sweet concoction.

Verdict: So delicious it makes my mouth water. This may be my favorite of the Pumpkin Patch. Foody lovers will adore this.

In the bottle: almost straight up pumpkin at first, and also for the initial wet phase.

I've had BPAL's white chocolate notes do this "sweet, dusty plastic" thing on me in the past (13, I'm looking at you), so I'm hoping that it behaves. BUT, it seems like the fruitiness of the pomegranate is rounding out everything beautifully, with that cream note in the background!

For the caramel, I'm getting just general browned sweetness rather than the overwhelming sticky caramel scent. I think it works (really well) in Gluttony and Tiresias, but it wouldn't work here.

Wow. :D This is just awesome. The way the white chocolate is blending with the cream is... delicious! After that initial pumpkin burst, the pumpkin is still there, but not trying to overwhelm any of the other notes.

It reminds me of playing in the yard at my grandmother's house on Thanksgiving when I was very young. The sun was starting to go down, and decadent dessert smells were wafting from the kitchen window. :P

Betty Baker said it perfectly in her above review: This smells like Christmasween! :P Or Wintereenmas if you're a gamer and enjoy Ctrl+Alt+Del references.

Wet: Pumpkin and white chocolate (which smells like dark to my nose!) and caramel and a light, light touch of juicy pomegranate.

Dry: Cozy comfort food in a bottle. Pumpkin pies, hot chocolate, melted drizzly caramel and cream that isn't going plasticky on me. Much stronger throw than the other Pumpkins I've tried so far, #1 and #2. I have to get a bottle or two of this, it will be *wonderful* to wear all winter or anytime it's a chilly day.

Edited by Babylon

I thought I'd chosen wrong with this Pumpkin, after hearing "chocolate" mentioned. I was hoping for the white chocolate to be more of a cream note, as I'm not a fan of cocoa blends.

Wet, this is chocolatey pumpkin, but as soon as it touches my skin there's a wave of sweet red fruit and the chocolate backs right off. This pumpkin morphs about so quickly!

The pumpkin is a little drowned out until it dries, and there it is! God how I love Beth's pumpkin note! The sweetness backs off, and it's warm caramel pumpkin with a tang of pomegranate and very faint, well behaved chocolate.

Foody and delicious. I'm surprised and delighted by this one! :P

Choclate and carmel! Chocolate and carmel! CHOCOLATE AND CARMEL! I love it! I swabbed the entire Pumpkin Patch on different points of my arm about an hour ago, and this one is still singing! Not over powering, just nicely subtle.

In the bottle: rich and buttery. (BTW - "butter beer" would be an awesome fragrance, though I suppose there might be licensing issues depending on what it was named).

On the skin: sweet, a little bit spicy, sort of chocolate-y, more like Bliss (Candy Butcher unfortunately turned plastic on me). Divine. This lasts for an hour or so, and then the pomegranate appears and takes over. It's like two fragrances for the price of one! :D

Love it love it love it! :P

Edited by ginevra

On me, Pumpkin III is pumpkin and warm white chocolate. It's delicious. It did burn while it was wet but I waited it out and was duly rewarded. I'm not getting any pomegranate at all, so that's a little disappointing, but I still love this.

This Pumpkin was a real surprise to me - my sleeper hit, if you will, in an amazing quintet of pumpkiny goodness. I knew right off the bat that this would be my least favorite pumpkin this year - caramel almost never works on me, and chocolate is dodgy.

In the bottle, I got mostly sweetness - gooey caramel and flakey chocolate (I'm glad I'm not the only one who smelled cake!), with a touch of something fruity and maybe a little tart - which must be the Pomegranate.

Wet on my skin, I got almost straight up buttery pumpkin - much more reminiscent of the Pumpkin in Jack or prior year's Patches than in the others of this year's collection. I had to resniff the bottle to make sure I hadn't imagined the cake scent.

As it dried, the sweet caramely cakieness amps up to balance the pumpkin, and the pom adds that tart counterbalance that I sniffed in the bottle. This is a surprisingly wearable scent (given my chemistry) - not one I'm likely to grab much, I don't think, but still, a very fun wearable scent that will be a huge hit, I expect. :P

PUMPKIN III - This is pure autumn decadence!

Wet: I smell smooth, dessert-like pumpkin and the red tart of pomegranate juice.

Dry on Skin: This is like an autumn dessert! I can immediately smell the cream, then just as that softens up I smell white chocolate and pomegranate alongside the pumpkin. There's a short while that I can smell... cake. It's chocolatey pumpkin cake, slightly tart with pomegranate, slightly gooey with caramel, and finally there is a nice little bit of spice that melds with the pumpkin. I have no idea where that is coming from but I really like it.

This is beautiful and delicious!! It is yet another pumpkin hit this year! (I am 3 for 3 so far.) =)

Edit: I had to add that when the caramel comes out to play, it really reminds me of graham crackers. It makes a really interesting combo with the pumpkin, chocolate, and pomegranate. Love it!

Edited by alicia_stardust

This one confused the hell out of me until re-read the scent description and figured out what was going on. My sniff and initial application reaction was "pure nummy," and that's always what I think when I get a scent with pungency and caramel mixed together. (As in, Tiresias.) It hung out being creamy caramel-white chocolate pumpkin decadence for a bit, but then after a 15-20 minutes, it went a bit sharp. Huh? I re-read the description and realized it was the pomegranate flaring up. It didn't take long for the pomegranate to settle down, and Pumpkin III is one of those pungent-yet-sweet kind of scents that I really enjoy. I don't find it especially foody at all. There's an element of it that rather reminds me of Mme. Moriarty, another of Tiresias, and another of the old Pumpkin Patch 2. I love all three of those scents. I am one happy camper.

Initially, this one smelled like coffee. WTH? But only for a minute or two. After wearing for awhile, I'm getting a chocolate much like July's 13 (a more bitter, not milk chocolate, semi-sweetened, maybe), with a little bit of cakey-ness, a tiny bit of carmel, with the warmth of pumpkin underneath, but not the pumpkin note itself. Apparently my skin eats the pumpkin note, just like the other pumpkins. The chocolate really amps on me, and kinda takes over.

Okay, wait a second. Just re-read the notes, and this makes much more sense now. The cakey-ness is the cream (which totally makes sense since it did the wonky thing for awhile that my skin does with cream/milk notes sometimes). The pomegranite is kind of the top note, making the chocolate sort of bittersweet. Huh! Interesting!

Edited by Megara

In bottle/imp: Warm pumpkin, sweet caramel, and sharp pomegranate.

Immediately on skin: This smells warm, sweet, and fruity all at the same time. I can smell the pumpkin, caramel, and pomegranate for sure, but they blend together very well. It smells like a caramel drizzled pumpkin and berry tart.

After a few minutes: This is very sweet. It smells like berry and brown sugar instant oatmeal to me. The pomegranate is strong, and very bright. The caramel sticks out a lot, gooey and sweet. I can barely smell the pumpkin. There’s something in it that’s striking me as almost nutty… it makes this blend smell very foody.

Overall Impressions: If the caramel in the notes listed didn’t clue you in, I recommend avoiding this if you don’t enjoy sweet scents. The pomegranate adds a tangy fruitiness to the blend, but the caramel is very evident. I also think this blend is very light on the pumpkin, which some people may like and others won’t. It’s an interesting scent, but very foody and VERY sweet.

at first: mostly pumpkin with a hint of white chocolate.

on: sweet, creamy pumpkin. very sweet.

1 hour later: a creamy, slightly sweet pumpkin.

3 hours later: mostly sweet caramel.

7 hours later: a faint white chocolate scent.

overall: nice. a bit foody, but not overwhelming. the drydown is nice and smooth.

I was worried about this one--caramel scents always overwhelm.

As did this.

When I sniff it from the bottle, it is dark chocolate and caramel, and that is pretty much what it stays on me, with just a hint of spice. No pumpkin.

My least favorite of the Plunder.

I never thought I'd like a pumpkin caramel chocolate blend...but omg. On me, caramel usually turns to burnt sugar, cream turns to rancid butter, and all the BPAL chocolate scents turn to dusty stale cheap hot chocolate mix. Pumpkin III, however, somehow smells like hazelnut (almost typed "hazelbut") coffee on me. Later, when it's dry, I get a very creamy light pomegranate - sweet and juicy but hardly overwhelming. III might fight off Pumpkin V as my favorite of the Plunder this year!

GOD this is good on my skin. I hoped it would be, but BPAL caramel tends to go all weird on me... not always, but often enough. And white chocolate can be ungood too. So, I was sooo overjoyed that instead of smelling burnt or odd, it smelled dead sexy yet edible. It isn't uberfoody, oddly. It smells somehow more like a perfume than a baking accident (not that I mind smelling like a baking accident!) The first note that comes out is, yes, the fabulous BPAL butterypumpkin scent. But the white chocolate keeps it from smelling like straight pumpkin... I can definitely detect white chocolate. I think the pomegranate cuts through the gooeyness and may be what keeps the whole deal from smelling too bakery-ish. I would normally say I smell caramel in it, but since I know what the usual BPAL caramel smells like... I don't smell that note at all. There's no heavy, burnt note at all on me. The smell brightens a bit over time, which I think would be the pomegranate coming out more. This also has MAJOR THROW. Ohmigod. I put some on and ten feet away around a corner my husband smelled it. It also lasts like whoa too. Apply with care!

I will be stocking up for the winter, for sure. My favorite of the Patch this year. 5 out of 5.

In the imp: Buttery Jack

On Skin: Pumpkin, light citrus (probably from the pomegranate, slight creaminess

On Drydown: The creamy aspect has turned into a plastic aspect. I am really thinking that the BPAL cream note and I don't get along.

Verdict: Bad skin chemistry. I was hoping for chocolate and pumpkin, and I got something else instead. SAD! :P

I need another bottle of this. Or another five bottles of this. This is so incredibly yummy. It's warm and creamy and the pomengranate adds a bit of a twist to it that mingles with the sweetness and doesn't make it overwhelming. This is a foodie lovers dream. It's such a beautiful and comforting scent, slightly buttery. If you are a foodie, or even if you're not, you need to try this. It's deliciousness in a bottle.

Edit: After about 10 minutes, the pumpkin has come out and it now has a gorgeous spicy Autumn tinge to it. Love it.

Edited by twistedophelia

I'm wearing Pumpkin III today.

I get the caramel/cream/white choc with just a hint of pumpkin. Not getting any pom yet which is sad because I adore the Lab's pomegranate. But overall I LOVE this blend!

I think my nose is on crack.

I get pralines (yes, the nut) and a dry powdery chocolate. Not was I was expecting and yet I still want to eat myself.