Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with white chocolate, caramel, pomegranate, and cream.

When I first got the decant for this last year, I tried it on, and as I recall, immediately washed it off in disgust. Same for the rest of the pumpkin patch

Fresh pumpkin note + me = badness.

However, in retrying these before ordering Halloweenies this year, I've found that this scent has mellowed beautifully into a foodie dream. It's like the richest german chocolate cake ever, with the chocolate and caramel melding perfectly. I can smell a bit of pumpkin, but only around the edges. It's behaving itself perfectly and gorgeously.

I don't know that this is a scent that I'll wear often, but it's one I'll keep around for those days that the super-foodie mood strikes. It's nothing like Beaver Moon, but it fills a similar role in that it makes me smell like a house full of baking sweets!

Even though the fruit note in this is pomegranate, I smell cherries on my skin. This smells exactly like a Cherries Jubilee (chiffon) dessert my mother makes with black pitted cherries and cream cheese. :P

I remember smelling this last year and the only thing I could smell was pumpkin. Now, the white chocolate, pomegranate, and other notes gently waft in and out with just the lightest hint of pumpkin. I have never been a pumpkin fan but this mixed with everything else is actually quite lovely. Glad I got this as a frimp. Don't need a bottle. But overall, this is wonderful! :P

At first this smells like cocoa powder dusted on top rather than white chocolate. I can't smell the caramel, but the cream is there in the background. It's a morpher alright! After some time on my skin the white chocolate comes out and the caramel emerges. No sign of pomegranate. And the pumpkin sort of sneaks off unnoticed during the dry-down while everyone is looking for the caramel.

Possibly my second favorite from last years patch!

i can smell every single note listed. the pomegranate is actually the strongest one for me. it is a strong morpher though, since i can't smell as much pumpkin as i did before. i love it though and i want a bottle

Creamy pumpkin from the vial.

Hmm.. pumpkin and caramel. Definitely getting a creamy feel from the white chocolate, and of course, the cream. Not really any pomegranate that I can smell. No wait, there it is, just a hint of it after it's on for a bit. Very foody, and very nice.

This reminds me so much of caramel popcorn! It's yummy and foody and spicy. The more I sniff, the more I can detect the white chocolate note... but mostly, it's caramel, and I am very close to trying to eat my hand.

If the notes here were ice cream flavors, this would be the best sundae ever: pumpkin and white chocolate with whipped cream and pomegranate syrup. :yum:

I don't know how this has aged, but I want to say the pomegranate stands out more now. When I first slather it on, it smells like chocolate and pomegranate. Not even white chocolate -- much more like chocolate chocolate. But the chocolate quality immediately begins to lighten, and buttery pumpkin surfaces, anchoring the scent a bit. Once dry, I can smell the cream if I know to look for it, but on the whole this note doesn't stand out. It just helps to blend the other notes.

This is definitely thick and sweet. The natural sweetness of the pumpkin is only amplified by the pomegranate, which here adds a slight bitter undertone but mostly smells rich, red, and fruity sweet. The notes are complex enough to have some balance, but there is no getting around this being a very richly foody scent.

Of all the foody blends I've tried, nothing else has been quite like it. If you're a big fan of pumpkin and pomegranate, you should definitely try this.

Overall, creamy pumpkin spice cake in a bottle.

Oddly, this scent morphs a lot on me--maybe that's because it just arrived in the mail and needs time to settle down, but in one sniff the caramel will pop out and yell "Sugar!!" at me, in the next sniff the pumpkin will be stronger, and then it'll send me a waft of creaminess, just to make sure I haven't forgotten that there's cream in here. I don't especially mind smelling all the notes--my arm smells wonderfully foody and I want to bake something before I try to drink the bottle--but perhaps they'll blend better after it sits for a while. The one note I have not noticed (so far--it could be lying in wait for my next sniff) is the pomegranate, which makes me a little sad because I like pomegranate, but then again I'm not quite sure how it'll work in this creamy-spicy mix anyway.

This is a very sweet, foody, and cozy scent, with a hint of autumn from the pumpkin spice--will be perfect when fall weather starts.

Oddly enough, while I love pumpkin and chocolate, this is one of the few pumpkins I really don't like. Not a big fan of white chocolate, and the combo of caramel, white chocolate and pomengranate mixed with pumpkin just doesn't agree with my skin chemistry. *shrugs* oh well I can't love them all.

This smells exactly like what I'd imagine one of those pumpkin-cranberry-cake-whipped cream trifles you see in holiday magazines to smell like. I'd actually rather have the scent than the taste because I prefer to waste my calories on other things :lol: But never mind eating trifle, the scent is divine; creamy, dreamy pumpkin and white chocolate, sweet brown-sugary caramel, and just a hint of tartness from the pomegranate. It's basically Thanksgiving in a bottle :yum:

In decant: spicy and creamy?

Wet: Got that pumpkin spice thing going right away, plus a hint of chocolate and caramel.

Drydown: Oh, wow, this has me grazing my arm. Nom, nom, nom! The pumpkin spice really blends well with the caramel and the white chocolate and cream give it a lovely smoothness!

Later: Medium time (a few hours), good throw. I foresee this becoming an autumn favorite. Fortunately, I managed to score a bottle of this.

Bottle: Mmm this is warm and buttery. Each time I sniff it I get a new note coming out, but that buttery richness is still there.

Wet: Carmel spiced pumpkin. Still very buttery, but that sweetness is coming out.

Dry: An amazing spiced pumpkin drizzled with caramel and creme. This has aged really well I am quite happy that I took a chance on it and got a bottle!

Pumpkin III '07

I picked this up from a forum sale several months ago, but didn't feel like the weather was right to wear it until now. This is a drier pumpkin than I'm used to. It smells kind of nutty even though nuts aren't listed in the notes. It's a bit sweet and fruity from the pomegranate. It's yummy!

Much Later Edit: So, I decided this one isn't for me. I like how it smells at first, but it eventually gets this weird sour smell on my skin, which I think I've narrowed down to the cream note due to several other scents that did the same thing. Blehhh.

Edited by sunlitgarden

Sniffed: Pumpkin overlaid with chocolate and caramel.

On skin: Subdued pumpkin mixed with the chocolate, caramel and cream. I was testing this without the notes list and wondered if there was coffee or tobacco in here, but that is probably all the smooth, sweet notes mixing with nutty pumpkin. This Pumpkin starts off a bit grainy and dark, but smoothens out over time and blends together. The foody notes are dominant; pumpkin lurks in the background, and pomegranate is nowhere to be found. Colour impression is dark chocolate brown.

Verdict: A pretty chocolate/caramel blend, but I came here for the pumpkin and wish it were more prominent!

In decant: foody! Sweet pumpkin (well duh), almost slightly nutty, and there's a honeyed vanilla sort of feel--well, caramel and cream, I suppose. I'm really liking this.

Wet on skin: creamy sweet pumpkin. I've never actually eaten a pumpkin cake before, but I'd imagine this is what it smells like. It feels like the white chocolate is coming out as well on my skin, that I can point it out. I wonder where the pomegranate has gone?

Dry: huh, the pumpkin has disappeared somewhere. This is weird, maybe my skin eats it up? Or amps everything else? I'm just getting cream and chocolate now, a creamy sort of sweetness, but that pumpkin note is gone. At some point--newly dry?--it's gone crazy heady--a bit too heady--but later on it's softened quite a bit, a soft creamy sweetness that's kind of vague--no really strong notes in here, other than the caramel edging out on top.

Verdict: very yummy, but that pumpkin disappeared way too quickly, and the final scent on my skin is a bit too vague sweet-caramel-cream-and-maybe-some-other-things for my tastes.

In the bottle- Hmmm. Undecided. I opened the package it came in and recoiled a bit. Opening the bottle and taking a snort- pretty nice. I can smell pumpkin, but not aggressive pumpkin and a sweet cream smell like white chocolate. Not bad. Not absurdly sweet. Cool. This might be better then expected.

Wet- AGH! Diabetes. And I *like* sweet. I like Trick or Treat and that smells like I took a bath in caramel. This is SWEET. The white chocolate note jumps out, punches you in the face, and demands your wallet. I can't smell anything but kind of off-smelling chocolate now- it's super familiar. I know this smell and I'm getting a very specific sense memory of stuck together teeth and eating bits of candy wrapping.... wait a second....

Dry- This is Tootsie rolls on me. Washing it off with extreme prejudice. Goodbye BPAL chocolate note, I hardly knew thee.

TL:DR- 'Effing Tootsie rolls. 1/5

Edited by SerendipityHQ

I actually don't know when/where I got this imp (lol). But these notes are scaring me. Pumpkin if not spiced right just goes wonk on me, Chocolate turns to chalk, pomegranate amps to bitterness, and cream is 50/50 chance to be beautiful, or to be sour milk.

So. Lets do this.

Imp: Dark chocolate pomegranate bar, from the organic section.

Initial skin: Sort of uneventful. Not really.. anything. My skin is thirsty I guess.

Drydown: Cherry/Cranberry white chocolate. Dry, chalky... stale? Caramel pops out but not in a wet thick way - very much so stale and old.

Dunno. Maybe it's aged poorly. Maybe it was always that way. But just not anything to write home about. Sometimes it wafts and reminds me of some of the Sugared She-Goat chocolates with white chocolate. But only for a few moments, then its like the caramel gets in the way. The pumpkin is just making a mess of everything as well.

Proooobably should have trusted my instincts on this one. Not one for my skin.

Edited by Aveya

Wet: YUM. This smells like a rich pumpkin coffee, with a nice dose of cream. (No coffee note listed, but this has consistently had a coffee scent to my nose since I originally bought this upon release!) 

Dry: A warm, rich, pumpkin coffee scent. I'm always disappointed that the pomegranate never comes out for me, but the scent itself isn't really missing that note.

As someone who doesn't drink coffee, or enjoy 95% of coffee scents... this is fantastic. One of my most reached-for scents during fall and winter! 

Definitely a pumpkin spiced caramel frappucchino to my nose! Only note that doesn't appear to me is the pomegranate, but that could have faded with age. Otherwise this is a delicious warm pumpkin coffee with extra cream. The white chocolate is a little faint and only really appeared during the wet stage, I'm thinking that note might have morphed into coffee on me? Probably won't upgrade cause I've got a plethora of lovely coffee blends, but if you really love pumpkins and coffee give this a shot!