Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sirensongsouth

Imp

Devilishly playful: white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli.

In the imp: Sweet red fruit and patchouli

First on: Juicy peach, over ripe berries and earthy patchouli

After a bit: Hmm, this smells like some of the sheeshas I have, I have no idea why I'm getting berry from this though, juicy mixed red berries.

A bit more: I'm glad the patchouli in this didn't turn all stank ass on me, it lends a good base to this, anchoring the sweet and slightly tart side.

I got my imp from another BPAL'er, but, well, my review is not positive at all. My body hates Imp.

In the bottle Open the lid, and I'm flooded with this sickly-sweet scent, and oh god, there's cherry. Uck uck uck. It's a ......a slightly-spicy cherry, but mostly just sickeningly sweet cough-syrup cherry.

On wet OH GOD. CHERRY. I'M GOING TO BE SICK.

Conclusion I couldn't even bring myself to sniff this as it was drying. There is no way I'm wearing this one, ever again. EVER. All I got was cherries, the whole way through. I don't know if it was the peach, or if there actually was a cherry note in there. Tamora doesn't do this to me, so I'm not really thinking it was the peach.

Ugh. Cherries. Nasty cough syrup cherries.

I hate cough syrup.

Very peach, but with darker notes pulling it down a bit - probably the patchouli. Amber is the base note, but the peach is bouncing in and out of it. I'm not sure how I feel about these notes in combination - I think I would prefer a more pure peach.

Fruits tend to do really well upon my skin and I have no problem with Patchoulli so I had high hopes for this one. Everything started off well from wet to dry, a very earthy fruit. It had wafts of deep earthyness with the subtleness of the peach. If there was amber, I didn't see it. Nothing really remarkable upon my skin.

I got no peaches. None. I wanted peeeeaaaaches! *throws a temper tantrum*

What I do get though, is deep spicy fruit jam. I think it might be apricot. Anyhoos, it's not unpleasant, and if you like warm, spicy fruit scents Imp might just be your thing.

Unfortunately, it's off to swaps for me!

I tried this without first reading the lab descriptions, and I would not have guessed what was in it other than a light musk from sniffing the imp! In the imp it smells sweetly-fruity, but I couldn't have placed the scent.

On, it quickly morphed into something that on me smells quite a bit like Earl Grey. The scents combine and end up not very peachy at all. It's a tarter, drier, fruity, but not cloyingly sweet scent. The patchouli decided to stay very much in the background, which was fine with me.

I liked this very much. It's just another example for how scents fool me though - the way the peach combines with the amber and musk to my nose smells like it involves bergamot! :P

Imp smells a little bit boozey to me when it's wet, kind of like a peach wine. But as it's drying that goes away and what's left is kind of a golden musky scent with some peach behind it. It's not hugely peachy when it's dry, but it still keeps that sweetness. The patchouli is a good foundation for the scent -- gives it depth.

All in all it's a little bit too perfumey for me personally, which is why I never ordered a bottle of it. But I do like the scent.

In the imp: This is straight up clean patchouli...it struck me as being very close to red musk. I'm reminded of Urd, without the grapeyness.

Wet: Patchouli right off the start, pretty much as I smell in the imp.

Drydown and wear: This starts to morph after about 10 minutes on my skin. The patchouli actually disappears pretty quickly, and reveals the peach and musk (with a slight powdery bit of amber). Sadly, the peach and musk do not interact well on my skin, and this smells like a skin scent, but slightly off, as if the perfume had spoiled. This one's off to swaps. :P

Ok my second review ;)

I had to post about this, it is intriguing to say the least!

Firstly some background. It is very hot weather, it is still over 32 degrees at nearly 7pm. so I have a high body temperature as we don't have central cooling. Why is that relevant you ask? Well I think because it is hot this is morphing in bizarre ways and I want to know what I am smelling. I am so new to the world of BPAL that I haven't learned all the scents etc.

I read the description and I LOVE peach so thought beauty this will be awesome.

Wet: Sweet but with the smell of dirt, damp soil, as in I am in the garden and planting kinda dirt.

First on: Delicious, hmmm sexy, sweet but not over powering, not foodie sweet.

Literally a few moments later a bit of a shock......I smell sweat, dirty man in the gym crotch sweat (Not that I generally smell that B) ) Ok I wonder what it is, is it the Patchouli the musk or the amber?? It goes sweet again almost incense. Hmm good. and then bang back to sweaty crotch. Arrrgh. It has been on my skin now for about 30mins and it is still morphing between being beautiful and smelly crotch and I don't know why :P But I really really like the nice yummy stage :D :D :)

Edited by DenMother

In the imp it smells like wine-apricot wine. On my skin, it smells horrible! It smells like tobacco and patchouli. I hate skin chemistry! :P Off to my daughter this one goes. It smells like delicate peaches on her!

Bottle: No peach to me, just a musky, dark patchouli smell.

Wet: Peach brandy with a musk undertone.

Drydown: Sweet peaches (my skin loves fruit), still with the musky undertone.

Dry: Yummy! A gorgeous, foodie, sweet peach, prevented from being overpoweringly cloying by the spices and the musk.

I got this as a frimp from the Lab, and I am very, very impressed! Thanks BPAL!

Final verdict: Yum yum yum! Gorgeous sweet peach with a wonderfully sexy, sensual, spicy undertone. The musk lightly lingers for hours - like the taste in your mouth after biting into a ripe, juicy peach*.

5/5 stars!

ETA: I decided to go a little bolder with this and slathered it on. One word: WOWEE! :D I smelt like a peach pudding with cinnamon on top :P The boyf liked it too - first thing he said after hugging me was "Wow, you smell nice! I'm hungry now..." (...and he was :D). Anyway, this is now my absolute favourite scent. I could bath in it. I could slather it. Imp loves meeee :)

[/squeeful rant]

*Damnit, I'm hungry now!

Edited by Jenesis

In the bottle: Mostly peach and patchouli, which I'm not too sure I like.

First on: This makes me think of sweating in a peach orchard. Haha. I can really smell the peaches and the patchouli makes it earthy, while the musk makes me think of sweat in this one. Not sure why, maybe it makes the patchouli a little more dirty if that makes sense.

Drydown: Now it's more of a musky dirt with a hint of sweet peach. The patchouli has become the main note.

Overall: Definitely not for me.

My skin rejected this one outright. I was so hoping for peachy goodness, but all that stood out was a salty patchouli scent. And not of the lovely Anne Bonny variety, either.

After three tries I have finally given up on Imp. This is the first BPAL scent that my skin actually refuses to get along with. :P

Edited by Archaic Smile

Imp:

In Bottle: Mm, very grapey, and I can smell the wood-resin of the patchouli.

Wet: Fruit and patchouli in a lovely blend! And then the musk starts to show up, not bad.

Dry: Hm, the fruit recedes quickly and the musk is really the dominant note. I'm kind of conditional on that musk; some days I'm nearly addicted to it but more days it's a little cloying for me. I do wish the fruit had stayed around longer, but I suspect I'll like having this one around to sniff here and there.

Overall: Conditional.

Why, oh why, did I let the patchouli scare me off this for so long? :P

Now, this isn't skyrocketing to the top of my favorites list. But I do like it, and I'm definitely holding on to this imp's ear for a while.

Such lovely fruitiness -- to me it smells more like apricot than peach, but that may just be how the peach note interplays with the golden musk, I think. I can detect the amber in a soft, sweet, dry note lingering at the very bottom. Every now and then the patchouli peeks its head out to give me a flash of something dark hiding in the rest of the sunny sweetness. It has medium throw on me and lasts for several hours. It's lovely, and I'm glad I finally gave Imp a chance.

In imp: sweet and naughty and playful, as an imp should be! Reminds me of a renfest shop of windchimes, tarot cards and incense.

Wet: it's sharply bohemian, in a way? Like walking into a headshop wearing Kathy Lee Gifford clothing and feeling everyone trying to figure you out.

Drydown: I feel less conspicuously out of place, the tamer notes are coming out; I'm catching the peach now, and some amber, but the patchouli still seems to be the frontrunner.

Dry: am becoming more comfortable in the scent, it's musky and sweet, pretty inviting actually

on the imp: strawberries??

On me: hhmmmm, there's fruit, but not strawberries. The patchouli makes it smell a bit dusty/earthy, just on the brink of what I don't like. The musk, as usual, isn't very noticeable.

It's as if the fruit is on one dish of the scale, the patchouli is on the other. And the musk? the musk is the scale. Let's all just hope that the patchouli stays under control.

Hm, Somehow I expected this to be a lighter colored oil because of the peach and amber but its red! :D lol Looks like its already pulling tricks! Ok onto the review :

In the imp : Peach! Amber! Oh this is a wet juicy peach that's got a bit of a dark side to it. Yum, yum yum.

Wet : Holy perfume throw batman! I can actually smell this on me for a change and its sooo good. This is already looking to be big bottle worthy. It's still a big wickedly juicy peach but some other scents have come out to play, definitely the musk and a bit of the patchouli.

Dry down : This smells like peach incense on me now. The patchouli, musk and amber have all settled in as a dominant note, but the peach is still there but now it's a bit dried out. This is the perfect scent for an imp - I can totally imagine one having this warm, juicy and a bit naughty scent. What a great thing this would be to wear in the summer or fall or on warm evenings and nights!

1 hr later : Such a wonderful spiced fruity scent. It actually reminds me a bit of peach cobbler now.

Overall : Yum yum. That's what I keep saying to myself over and over again - this is a perfect darkly sweet incensey peach. Just really perfect - I totally need a big bottle of this. <3 And what throw! My grandmother said she could smell it when she came in the apartment - that's power. Imp is a really warm devilish scent that's 100% true to its name sake, brava Beth! I'm totally in love. :P

I'm not normally a wearer of musks or patchouli, but I tried this one on a whim (based on the description because I love being devilishly playful) and fell in love. IN LOVE!

My nose is hardly the most discerning, but I will try my best in picking out the notes.

In the imp: Very, very, very fruity. (And I love fruit/florals.) Peaches galore.

Wet: Still peaches, but less "peach preserve" and more "Georgia peaches on a sultry summer evening" when combined with the amber and golden musk. Lovely. I can start picking out the patchouli. Hope it doesn't amp too horribly.

On the drydown: Yes! The patchouli didn't overwhelm all the other notes! The amber and golden musk were light and balanced out the patchouli on my skin, and with the peach on top, this one is delicious!

Throw: Perfume oils tend to be extremely strong on me. I put Imp on before I went out for a drink last night and I could still smell it this morning.

This scent really reminds me of something. I can't for the life of me figure it out...

In the bottle: Dark, sweet, almost caramel, a background greenness

Wet: The sweetness has warmed up to a berriness; nice. Having read the notes this is resolving itself as peach, and a minute or two later that muskiness is coming out.

Later: Peach has really warmed up - quite clear, but still sweet. The amber works wonderfully in the background.

Have also waved this one at the boyfriend, and he greatly approved - 8/10 & one for the bottle list.

Like a peachy-berry snake oil-ish delight...

I love this one!

It lasted longer than the usual, and the final lingering smell was a nice earthy sort of patchouli-esque scent that clung to me.

Mmmmmm. this will def. be a big bottle!

This is sweet peach and patchouli. The patchouli in this one is the type that makes me think "dirty hippy", but with the warmth of the amber (playing nicely with my chemistry - go amber!) and the sweetness of the peach, it's not so overpowering.

The peach is the overpowering note in this blend for me, which takes over when dry. The faintest breath of the patchouli is still under there struggling, but it's virtually all peach.

I love peach as a fruit. But unfortunately, I have never liked the smell of peach as a flavouring, or a scent. It never smells (or tastes) real to me, and always has this :P effect on me. I had hoped that BPAL peach would be different, but sadly it isn't.

So it has dried down to that smell I simply do not like. Sorry Imp - washing you off.

The peach is very predominant in this one but almost in a candy way. I'm having trouble detecting the musk. Maybe because I just want to take a bite. Fuzzy Peaches candy - that's it. Yummm

Spicy/foody. Then it turns mildewy. Like flowers added to a compost pile, but not in a yummy, earthy good sort of way.

Either my imp was mislabeled, or I have the world's suckiest skin chemistry. :D

There was no peach or fruit or sweetness in this on me at all. It smelled exactly like the inside of my mother-in-law's old Victorian dresser drawers: dusty wood and musty, faintly-scented lining paper. Patchouli hates me. :P