Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sirensongsouth

Imp

Devilishly playful: white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli.

Wet: This is the scent of peaches in the height of summer, when you bite into a peach and juice dribbles down your chin.

Dry: Still sweet, but now the amber, patchouli and musk are coming through. Its a very nice dry-down in my opinion.

Thoughts: This was too sweet for my tastes, although if you like fruit and sweet scents this is very nicely done. I will continue to wear my imp's ear when I am in the mood for something sweet and summery, but I doubt I will by a bottle.

I cannot smell the peach and amber much in this. It is too much patchouli and musk for me especially on first putting on. It dries down a lot nicer and the sweeter smells come through more. I think it is OK but not one to buy in the future.

This is a very fruity scent in the vial, but once it's been on me for an hour or so, the peach and the other scents come to a nice harmony. I love amber scents, and I like the way the amber and peach play together. It's a light, pleasant scent that I would definitely associate with summer. I may put my sample away until the weather gets warmer and see if I like it better then, but while I find it pleasant, it's not a must-have for me.

On first application: overwhelmingly fruity but with the deeper notes peeking through a bit.

On drying down: a lot deeper, but still with those fruity overtones. It smells very 'round' - the patchouli isn't deep enough to drag it too deep but grounds it nicely. But then I love patchouli anyway!

It's a perfect scent for lazy, warm summer evenings.

Very peachy when wet, and it stays to be a top note. The deeper undercurrent id there, but on my skin, it never comes into the foreground. The smell of peaches always makes me smile for some reason.

Peach. On me not sweet and innocent, but dark, sultry and mysterious. This is barely changing from wet to dry, maybe just a touch sweeter. Still gorgeous though. Totally addictive.

Delicious. I love how the patchouli adds a dash of earthiness to the sweet peach, amber and musk. Actually, it’s quite similar to Fae, but where Fae is right out there playing in the sunshine, Imp is frolicking in the forest with a basket of sun-warmed peaches, the sunlight dappling through the trees. Sadly for me though, that earthy patchouli disappears too soon and overall it’s not very long lasting on my skin. Oh well, it’s gorgeous while it lasts, and distracts my man in a nice way too!

Wow!!!! I LOVE this one!! Wet I can definitely smell the peach and it is sweet and sort of sugary - I could also smell the patchouli. After it started to dry it smelled really good......I could still smell the sweet peach and the golden musk, patchouli and amber mix smelled sort of like incense mixed with the peach - this was a truly interesting fragrance blend - it has now become one of my new favorites!! :P

So far, Imp is my favorite. I couldn't do any better than the above descriptions. I may have to get a full bottle of this one. WOW!

Imp, how do I love thee?

Let me count the ways - on my body, on my sheets, in my car, in the air....

On my skin, it just combines to an utterly lovely scent - sort of a spicy and musky...but peachy!

My absolute favorite so far. My only complaint is over my complete clumsiness which made me dump my imp of Imp all over myself. >:P

Big bottle. Absolutely.

In the bottle - Citrusy and hard to place. I thought I was going to smell orangey wearing this.

On me - mellowed out nicely to a sweet orangely, sunny scent. This is a good summer one for me, cheery and not overwhelming and good for those days I"m feeling...well...impish.

Lasting power: Stayed. and Stayed. And Stayed. and dear god I applied in the morning and could still smell almost 24 hours later.

Ooooh... luscious and fruity. Sweet, but not cloying (thanks to the patchouli, I think). The musk and amber round everything out and this is just.... yum!!

Kinda fitting, I guess, that Imptress would fall in love with Imp!!

OH my. I think it's high time I reviewed this one, as it's just hit me how much I love it.

At first I feared that this one would be too cloying and heady, because I tried it when I was already feeling a little bit queasy, and while I knew that I loved the smell, it was a little overwhelming when wet on my skin, and it threatened to give me a headache.

Well, I'm very pleased to discover that the headache was the exception, not the rule. I've worn Imp all day today. and it's had me sniffing at my wrists for hours!

The predominant smell, is, of course, peach. But it's a warm, mellow peach that is perfectly enveloped by the earthy patchouli and amber. This fragrance "glows," if you know what I mean. I associate it with a warm, glistening peach glow.

It has remarkable staying power on me, and it maintains it's delicious sweet/spicy balance for hours. As it eventually does start to fade, the patchouli becomes a touch more predominant.

This is the first oil that I've realized I'll be needing a bigger bottle of. It's sweet without being overwhelmingly fruity, and it's just earthy enough to be playfully sexy in a confident, healthy grown-up way. That is to say, this fragrance is no tease -- it's not flirty or cloying or mysterious. Rather, it's grounded, wholesome, but yet still sexy. It's late afternoon sunlight streaming in through your windows, warming up your skin.

It feels very "me," and I can see it becoming somewhat of a signature scent for me, as lots my favorite fragrances tend to combine sweet/spicy, fruity/earthy notes.

:P

First Sniff

Creamy and fruity. Very much like a rich peach mousse. Yummy! :P

After Application

Very much the same as the 'sniff' review. I can't seem to detect the musk but I think it's the amber that provides the creamy element.

Drydown

Yum. This is lovely and has not changed at all. Maybe there will be more to add after a couple of hours.

After a While

Aha, now the earthiness of the patchouli is coming to the core. It works well but it's masking the fruit a bit too much for my liking. Just a little later I'm pleasantly reassured by the occasional waft of peach pleasing my nose again. But it's not mousse like this time, instead it's sharper and very reminiscent of peach schnaaps. I like!

In the end the patchouli/schnaaps phase was very short and it morphed very breifly to the initial 'mousse' smell before disappearing altogether.

Final Verdict

This is a very nice blend but I'm not sure it's really me. (Although I'm encouraged by the fact that peach works so much better on me than apricot and I will look for more peach blends now.) I will certainly use the remainder of the imp and probably buy more on occasion but I don't think this is one I'll wear in large quantities.

I loved Fae and decided to try another peach scent. Where Fae can be described as white, Imp can only be described as golden. The golden musk and patchouli create an almost earthen undertone with this one, which is quite magnificant but not for me.

:P

at first: i love amber. it's a good thing, too, since that's mostly what i smell. however, the peach is pretty strong, too. oh, and i love peach. i'd have to say that this scent is really playful.

1 hour later: this is wonderful. it's still playful, but the scents are more well-rounded. i can smell the musk and patchouli now, as well as the amber and the peach. this is a fabulous blend.

2 hours later: this has really "matured" on my skin. it doesn't feel as light-hearted and young as it did when i first but it on. instead, it's turned into a beautiful scent. lovely.

3 hours later: this has turned very sweet and musky, but it still wonderful. it's lasting very well.

overall: every stage of this oil is amazing. i really like the way it develops, and am really glad that it seemed to be a long-lasting oil. i'm not entirely convinced to buy a bottle, but i'm going to enjoy using up the imp.

I received Imp as a freebie imp in my first order. I sniffed everything (hey! I couldn't wait!) and as soon as I pulled the lid off I nearly threw the vial across the room. I declared I hated it. :D

Silly me. :P

In the bottle Imp smells (sorry) god awful to me. It SO SO fruity to me, full of sticky candy sweetness.

After reading all the reviews on this site of so many scents I decided I should be brave and at least try it once. So I placed a teeny drop on my skin.

Yay! The scent calmed down quickly and I could smell a lovely peachy-ness. After about twenty minutes the patchouli came out and mixed wonderfully.

This scent is not for me at work, but it's PERFECT for me when I'm lazy, at home, when it's nice and sunny. Imp makes me feel happy, flirty, naughty, and just generally pleased to be doing whatever.

Beth & Co, you rock. The scents I picked out are okay, but the scents you guys threw in as freebies ROCK. :D

Damn, this is one yummy fragrance.

Wet, it is very, very peachy... a wonderfully juicy real peach scent, nothing fake or synthetic smelling about it at all. It really smells like fresh peach juice. On me, the dry-down was rather rapid and after about five minutes it morphed from fresh peach juice into an absolutely glorious slightly spicy peach-with-ooomph scent. The amber, musk, and patchouli come out in a perfect blend and it turns into a very sophisticated, unique scent with just a hint of fruitiness. If smell is a color, this is my favorite MAC eyeshadow, Amber Lights... that's the best way I can describe it. Not exactly golden, not exactly bronze, not exactly rust-colored, but a bit of each. I definitely need a larger bottle of this.

First sniff - Its peach, but a dark and sexy overly ripe peach. Not too sweet. very nice.

On skin: I definately smell the amber and peach. Im not sure what patchouli smells like so i dont know if that is what i smell but the best way i can describe this is very golden warm and sensual. The peach is very subtle. Its smells like a scent yo u shoudl be wearing when you want to be devious and i suppose that goes with the title.

Drydown: I smell much less peach now and much more amber and musk. Im not the worlds biggest amber fan, i only like it when its blended pretty well with other fragrances. I think it plays too big of a role in this blend. Shame because i really like the initial scent. This is also very light on me and fades fast so i wouldnt purchase a large bottle but i will keep my imp and use it up.

I can't believe I never did a review on this scent. I've owned it for a while but I just recently wore it and remembered how much I LOVE this scent.

Patchouli, amber, peach and musk..........my body chemistry loves all of them and this is absolutely divine on. I couldn't get my nose away from my arm all day. I touched up after about 8 hours of wear and again was glued to my arm. Golden, rich amber, juicy peach and a hint of patchouli..............mmmmmmmmmmm ....all I can say is LOVE it!! This scent actually morphed into my own skin and just made me smell like golden peach amber candy!

First Impression: Thick and juicy-sweet. It's the same juicy thickness that I love in Blood Lotus.

Second Impression: I fear the fruit, I don't do will with them. But the white peach in this is just adding juicy sweetness and nothing more. The amber, musk and patchouli are so perfectly blended, they meld into my skin.

Final Analysis: Imp is the perfect "it works on my skin" version of my favorite room scent March Hare. I love it, can't stop sniffing.

This was my most successful swap ever! I got Imp and Fae from marvelleuse (thanks!!)

In the imp: Sweet, sweet peach with something deeper and far more intense beneath it.

On me: Pure peach syrup -- for about five seconds. Then it goes sour, the patchouli and musk kick in, and I'm running to the sink, trying not to get sick.

It lasted less than two minutes on me because I had to wash it off. *sigh*

the amber in this one doesn't scream out at me as much as the amber in o did, i think it's pretty mellowed by the golden musk. ack, there's the amber again, but maybe that's just the o i had on earlier screaming out at me..

i can't smell the peach, but this was goooooorgeous in the bottle. i'm interested in seeing how this one turns out on my skin after a couple of hours.

ETA: my grandma just said, "you smell like a sheet. you smell like someone just threw you in a washer, sprayed some perfume on you, and hung you outside in the beautiful country to dry."

i guess that means she likes it. hee.

Edited by diabolique

First Impression

Smells very fruity. Kinda like a combination between Depraved and Fae. I can definitely distinguish the peach and the patchouli. The other elements though are escaping me (can't remember/identify them), but I'm really loving the way this smells in the bottle.

Wearing It

Oh, my! THIS is what I was looking for when I tried out Fae, and then Depraved. Mmmmm.... In an act of rarity, my skin hasn't turned the fruit notes too sweet; instead the peach is light, light, light, and floating behind the other elements in this blend. My skin is positively singing out this warm, musky, peach smell...with just a bit of patchouli to lend it some earthiness. But honestly I can barely smell the patchouli at all. Just warm, smooth, sweet peach. Looking at the other ingredients (amber, and musk), I can see why my skin loves this so much. Musk always agrees with my skin. Mmmmm. And I never knew that my skin liked amber so much (Haunted turned to baby powder on my skin, so I assumed it was the amber), but in this blend it's a very strong, prominent, and beautiful note.

Lasting Power

So....the lasting power on this is very poor. The musk lasts for a good long time, but the peach is gone within a half hour or so. And it's a pity, cause the peach is what makes the scent for me. What's left (the musk and amber) is nice, but more like what I envisioned Haunted to smell like. So when I wear this I always carry the imp ear with me for frequent reapplication.

Well. Mark another on my Big Bottle list. I was convinced that this one wouldn't work because of the fruit/amber notes, and I was *so* wrong. And I'm glad I was wrong. This smells divine! It's a bit like how O smells on my boyfriend, except with fruit instead of honey. (huh...I hope he doesn't try to steal this imp from me....) Definitely getting more.

Edited by hypothermya