Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sirensongsouth

Imp

Devilishly playful: white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli.

Wet, and in the vial, it smelled like grape soda, or kool-aid. As it dries on me though, it’s the peach and patchouli that comes out. If fact, there are other, underlying notes...nothing that comes out strong, but enough to make this a familiar scent. It actually reminds me of my brothers apartment in hollywood. An odd cross between patchouli, and an incense he used to buy at Venice beach called Black Love. It brings back some great memories.
Is this something to wear often? No. But Ill keep it to help remember some wonderful times.

In the bottle: Smells like candy, or cough syrup. I definitely get a sweet peachy flavour, as well as a patchouli undertone that reminds me of Tezcatlipoca. I think it's the conjunction of a sweet smell and the patchouli that does it.

On my skin: For about half-an-hour, there's an incredibly strong peachy odour that overwhelms everything else. And it's got a hell of a throw, too. Then, suddenly, the peach vanishes like the ninja and I'm left with a warm musky amber scent. It's not unpleasant, mind you, but I am a little surprised by the rapid change in character. After a while the sweet patchouli starts to make its presence known, and all the scents blend together nicely to form something more than the sum of its parts, something warm and inviting. I like it. Unfortunately, my wrist is a little itchy and slightly discolored -- I can't say for sure, but I might be slightly allergic to an element of this blend. I'll try again later and see if the itchiness repeats itself, or I'm just imagining things.

Final Verdict: Judging by the smell in the bottle, I was worried that this would be far too feminine for me to wear, but it looks like I was wrong. While not overtly feminine, neither is it particularly masculine. After the peachtastic rush of the drydown, this settles down into a sweet, musky, understated scent that I really like -- and I think I like it on me as much as I'd like it on a woman. I see this as more of a slow summer weekend scent, for sipping ice tea on the porch and lazy, casual romancing. If it turns out I'm not allergic, I might invest in a 5ml.

Peach? Imp didn't smell like peach to me -- in the bottle or on my skin. It was more like candied grape on leather. That's weird, because amber, patchouli and musk tend to work well on me -- but in this case they combined to a sickly sweet grapey smell backed by, as I said, leather or tobacco, something like that. Off to swaps.

In the bottle:

Way too sweet. Sickly sweet even. Not really peachy, just an unidentifiable overripeness with no hint of amber or patchouli. Overpoweringly strong.

On me:

About an hour in, this started smelling nicely spicy. The sweetness drops in to the background and enhances the amber and patchouli scents. More amber than patchoili, really.

Final note:

I love this scent! I generally prefer resinous, spicy scents, so when I smelled this in the bottle I did not think I would like it at all. Once this had "set" on my skin, though, it really turned into something beautiful. It is a very soft scent, the patchouli is very much in the background. The fruitiness is almost imperceptible, just kind of sotening the edges of the scent. It smells kind of like candles burning on a summer evening

In the bottle: Smells musky.

On Skin: This smells like Hollywood Babylon, but less sweet and more spicy. It's a bit masculine. I can't really smell the peach.

On Drydown: After a few hours, its just musky, less spicy. Very warm. Very sexy.

Verdict: I'm keeping the imp. It's very impish, a bit seductive, a bit playful. I think Beth hit it dead on with this scent. There's something a bit dangerous, a mischevious glint underneath lowered eyebrows, a scheming smirk. Oh yes. I like this.

absolutely patchouli and fruity goodness with this lil' sucker :D

lasts forever and warms up to a very comforting scent ..... :D

i am such a sucker for anything patchouli, of course....do i need a big ol'

10 ml??

problee.... :P

Imp is the more muscular big brother of Fae. It's very similiar in some ways - peachy and musky and yummy, but it packs a lot more punch. It has more...deviousness, if that makes any sense. Fae is the sweet innocent, but Imp has been around the block a time or two...and had a good time doing it.

This was mostly peach and deep musk on me, but the amber gave it a more depth and warmth. The patchouli added a little slithery sexiness, and it's just an all-around fun and delicious scent, in my opinion.

Oh, what to say about this one....

In the bottle, this is gorgeous juicy peaches and amber. I like fruits, so this is a happy thing to me. It smells good enough to eat, or like a nice peach liquor.

Fresh on... I'm... not sure what that is. some peach, but something much sharper too. Wow. Not sure how much I like this yet. Peaches, but the patchouli is starting to amp up.

Dry down: Ack! I almost scrubbed this off, the patchouli amped so much. It was giving me a headache, and evidently my skin likes to take it and run with it. Way too much, and it's just.. sharp and screaming. I really don't get any fruit or amber at all. It /is/ that time of month right now, so maybe that's why... but the patchouli amped up in Rakshasa too, so I think it's just me.

About an hour and a half later, the patchouli has finally faded away, and it's a lovely warm amber peach, sort of like peaches in wild honey. I think the musk is mellowing it, and the patchouli as well. I like patchouli when it's subtle, not when it screams at me.

Not sure if it's a keeper yet, but I like the dry-down even now, several hours after I put it on, since the fruit gives it a sweet roundness. Yum.

Imp

Bottle:

The peach is the most prominent scent along with amber.

Wet:

You can really smell the white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli. I'm not a huge fan of patchouli, in fact, usually it has me running for the hills. Obviously I'm going to have to revise my opinions on that note, because Imp really screwed all my preconceptions of it. All the notes are bright and shining in a warm, fresh fashion.

Dry:

The patchouli and musk were obviously not as dominant when wet, because they are now stronger, but not overpowering. They blend very, very well with the peach and amber, creating a very lovely effect.

After awhile:

The peach has died down, and the amber is merely lingering on. I thought that the patchouli and musk would really put me off, but they are sharp and almost peppery. I'm really going to have to test this on a male, because I think it would work divinely with their body chemistry. It reminds me of the scent of one of my best guy friends- it has this sort of pepper(obviously the patchouli)/musk scent that is unequivocally attractive.

Conclusion:

As soon as I get some spare cash, I'm definitely buying a 5ml of Imp, Dorian, Jack, and a few other scents.

:D This one makes me so happy. :P

I couldn't place the fruit until i read peach in the description. duh. of course. it's very peachy. It's peaches and dirt at first. The patchouli mellows out and the dirt fades. The whole blend just smells so lovely and fun and happy and sweet. mmmmmmmmm

cute roommate review- " :D smells musky... and fruit. yeah. :D "

good nonperfumey friend review- "ooohhh that smells so good"

I jumped to conclusions with this one.

I got it as a gimp from a fellow forumite. It was on my wishlist because of the peach in it. I opened sniffed, smelled funky peach incense and thought, hmmm, I'll be brave and try it. It touched my skin, I took a whiff of it, and I got peaches mixed that dusty patchouli smell and thought Hell no! I'm swapping this baby off! I didn't feel the urge to scrub it off, I just didn't enjoy it much. I got online immediately and posted it to my swap list.

An hour later, I'm walking around my apartment, and I keep smelling this nice smell, a bit sharp, a bit sweet. Juiciness with an edge. I'm thinking to myself, what is that smell? D'oh! It's Imp! While I wasn't paying attention, the scent that I think of as "patchouli stank" mellowed and turned beautiful. The peach is still there, but only as a soft juicy tone. The patchouli still has it's edge, but it's blunted somewhat by the amber, which for once didn't turn crazy powdery on me. Thinking further the patchouli at this stage smells in my nose like peach fuzz feels on my tongue. (That probably only makes sense to me.)

To test how long the "patchouli stank" stage lasted, I dabbed a little on my wrist. It only lasted long enough for the oil to sink into my skin, maybe 5 minutes. And then, gorgeous. There's a thin line between love and hate sometimes. This went from swap candidate, to bottle candidate in one hour.

Edited because spelling isn't my strong suit at 3am.

Edited by HoneyHoneyNY

Why I tried it: In spite of my hesitancy in trying anything with patchouli in it -- hey I remember the '70s and I've been to Grateful Dead shows -- the other notes on this one sounded too good not to try.

In the bottle and wet: Peach and patchouli, but the patchouli is just a little earthy and not overwhelming in that Dead Head way.

Drying down: The peach smells a tiny bit artificial, which is kind of disappointing.

Dry (a few minutes later): OK not so artificial. I think I'm getting what people refer to as a "creamy" note. It's not milky in any way, just smoother than a plain peach scent would be.

Dry: There's more of a bite now and I'm catching a little bit of resin from the amber but it's still mostly peachy. Unlike Swank, it's not something I think I'll want to wear in the summer, but I can see putting it on when it's cold and feeling summery. If that makes sense.

Final thoughts: It's like March Hare and Swank in that it's another adult fruit scent. I know that Beth's big thing is supposed to be the rose blends, but I think she's quite good at fruit blends as well. It's a keeper, dunno about the big bottle list yet.

My Impression:

Upon opening the vial it was whoa...but after applying it, it morphed on my skin into something very different. At first all I got was the patchouli and musk, but upon drying I could detect the fruitiness of the peach and soft sweetness of the blend itself. Lovely and long lasting.

Hmm... I wanted to like this, but it never seemed quite right. I'm not a big fan of peaches for the most part, although I ended up liking Aglaea. So I shouldn't be surprised that this was too... peachy.

I liked the idea of fruity patchouli and musk though. This starts out overwhelmingly like a peach jolly rancher, but becomes creamy with amber. This stage is my favorite, but it doesn't last. The drydown is fast, but so very soft, with just a hint of peach and musk.

Much thanks to HoneyHoneyNY for gifting me with an imp of Imp. :P

This is glorious. I desperately want a 10 ml of Imp. There isn't much that I can say about it except that it is the perfect blend of juicy peach and earthy spicy patchouli. I love patchouli, and the peach is pairing up with it wonderfully.

I didn't expect to love this as much as I do... but it's definitely on my top 10 favorite fragrances list now. :D

Wet on me this was unsuprisingly PEACH and very peach, the patchouli is in the background muddying it up and the musk is making things more sparkly, which is a little confusing. Dry on me this was pure peach and it lasts for ages (at least compared to the other fruit and amber blends I've tried). I was so worried the patchouli would spoil this for me, but I think this is possibly my favorite peach blend, especially because it lasts so long.

I have to say that I love Beth's patchouli and fruit blends.

In this perfume the white peach sharp and not as sweet as I thought it would be. It blends with the patchouli in a very balanced perfume.

Voluptuous and intense.

In the Bottle: Fruit overlaid by a spicy incense. Okay, a bit harsh.

Dry: um, maybe best perfume EVER MADE??? The peach is in the background, all juicy and tempting, and the amber and patchouli mingle into this heavenly incense note. This is golden and full and round and juicy without being a fruit scent or a mere incensey scent. This is wearing something dead sexy in the summer sun and knowing all eyes are on you. It is sooooooooooo good!

This is a DEFINITE big bottle buy.

I was sure, looking at the vial, that Imp had dragon's blood in it. It was so very red! Even when I put it on, it seemed like that was what I was smelling...something about the musk and the fruit together.

I could, though, when I put my mind to it, discern that it was peach and patchouli and musk all blending together to fool my nose (I couldn't pick out the amber.) The overall effect was fruity and spicy with something devilish underneath. I'm a huge non-fan of musk, but in this case, the effect was that of a dark, exotic fruit, rather than, say, a ferret.

Overall, the scent was just a bit too dark for me, although I wasn't compelled to wash it off. It's hard to explain how something can be sweet and fruity, but also dark and spooky, but Imp was all that.

i think i may have found a new love! I'm really digging on these peach blends!

In the bottle, this is a sharp patchouli-peach. Not entirely inviting..

On my skin, it's a lovely peachy/earthy smell. Not as sharp a peach as Marquise de Marteuil (due to the lack of vetiver, i'm sure)... but the patchouli rounds out the peach and keeps it from being too sweet and juicy. I'm not usually a fan of patchouli, but I like it here.

This is definitely a granola and birkenstocks smell... very mellow and sweet and au naturelle. I'm not into hippiedom, but i don't mind visiting if it means i get to wear Imp!

Hm, which will we find in this blend: good patchouli, or evil patchouli? This note is *so* variable on me.... Ah well, it's evil patchouli. In the first half hour there's a very fresh, juicy peach note that manages to drown out the dirty stank of patchouli, but once the peach starts to fade and get kind of waxy, the other notes are powerless against the hippie reek.

Yum, Imp is a lot like Depraved with peach instead of apricot. I also love the patchouli + fruit blends, and Beth's patchouli just rocks. The amber and musk here are so golden and warm, making this an almost gilded patchouli note.

I'm keeping my imp of Imp to wear on some of these late autumn afternoons. I think it will also layer wonderfully with Jack.

My nose doesn't quite match with the lab description on this one.

For some reason, I smelled a grape vineyard... the sweetness of the grapes, along with the earthier scents of the vines themselves. It's actually "white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli."

I don't know why I got "vineyard" instead of "orchard", but regardless, I liked this one. It's rich and fruity, even if you can't tell what fruit it is! :P

bottle - smells like a bit of peach, but there's something headachy in here for me :/ maybe the patchouli? i don't mind musk usually, and i love amber (see: the lion)

i put a tiny bit on my skin, and immediately, headache.. ugh. i really, really wanted a peachy, amber scent, but this on me just made my head hurt. which made me sad :P pppeaaacch! :D