Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sirensongsouth

Imp

Devilishly playful: white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli.

This smells much nicer in the imp than on me. I like the spice, but the peach turned into the ghost of Juicy Fruit gum and scared the spice off. So far, peach notes don't seem to be my thing.

Wet - Super sweet grape soda or grape candy

Drying - It wafts grape soda and patch. Up close it smells like ambery grape soda. I get occasional wafts of beer.

Verdict - I can't stand the scent of beer and I'm not up for smelling of grape soda. This one is just weird. I'll give it a second test later on to see if my skin is wonky today.

Wet: A lot like Depraved, which is to be expected based on the notes. Sweeter though.

Dry: Too sweet! I do get hints of the grape others have noted. I'm of a mind to age this (my Depraved aged beautifully) and see if that doesn't mellow it out some.

In the imp: Mostly peach, amber, musk, and then the patchouli note.

Wet: The white peach note is the most prominent at first. I recognize this peach note from the Trading Post's White Peach and Incense hair gloss. I can smell all of the notes, but the musk and patchouli notes are getting stronger the more this sits on my skin. As the scent begins to dry down, it is becoming darker (and less sweet) as the amber and patchouli become more prominent.

Dry: The patchouli is the dominant note in this stage. The amber note adds more depth, and the peach and musk aren't nearly as strong as they were before.

Verdict: I'm going to be passing on my imp. The peach and musk combo is too sweet for me, and while I have grown to like patchouli in a few scents (like Banshee Beat/Revenant Rhythm and Vixen), I'm not particularly fond of the type in this blend.

In the vial this was much too sweet for me. I couldn't pick out the peach specifically it was a just a intense fruity sweetness.

On wet the peach was apparent and the musk and patchouli came out.

Dry it was predominately patchouli and sweet, cloying peach. Not really my cup of tea.

ETA: Revisited this today and WOW what a difference. I was confused because I LOVE amber, musk, and patchouli and I thought peach would be a great addition to the party. Apparently everyone just needed to settle a bit! This is now glorious! The peach has calmed down and that seems to have fixed the problems. Warm amber and musk, with robust woody patchouli, and a little sweet peach. Just a little bit juicy and oh so mischievous.

Edited by roseus

In the vial: Golden amber and a juicy peach.

On the skin: The musk is amping hard, with the patchouli deepening it in a dark way. The peach eventually breaks through and turns overripe, over-sweet, and mixed with the musk and patchouli, it gets cloying. I really hoped this one would work but I don't think even letting it age would improve it for me.

Wet: Scary peach and bitter shrubby combo. Hopefully this settles softer and sweeter. Okay it's getting better but still not liking the wet smell.

Drying: Peachy musk. Darkish rather than light but still subtle. Much nicer but it's like not love so far.

Fully Dry: Ah, this is more like it. Some powderiness is coming through now which is rather nice. It's a fairly simple scent but definitely not SN. The musk is peeking through to add a little sex appeal. Was worried the patchouli would leap up and bite me as the other scents faded (patchouli isn't fond of me) but it's so well balanced in this that I can't pick it out. From dry onwards this stays a lightly sexy, close to the skin, peach musk. Mr SW approved and he's notoriously picky with scents.

I wore Imp to work this morning and have grown rather fond of it. Fancied a dash of freshness once the humidity climbed over 90% at lunchtime (ick) so added a tiny drop of Embalming Fluid... gorgeous! Later in the afternoon (due to lack of customers and general boredom) I thought I'd try adding a touch of Elf to the mix and it was fricking awesome!

Imp + Embalming Fluid + Elf = Most luscious, refreshing, tropical fruit cocktail imaginable.

Edited by Scarlet Woodland

On my skin, this smells like dark and dirty peach syrup.

The fullness of this peach -- to which the amber is ably giving itself -- reminds me of the roundness of rose notes, but it's also sweet syrup. Thankfully the patch doesn't stand out by itself; it just dirties the peach. You know there's something wrong with this peach.

After drydown I start to pick up the musk. It mostly smells like an animalic part of the dirty peach, like a peach with hygiene issues.

I guess... this smells like a peach soiled itself. Pass.

Imp has never been one of my favorites. It smells like straight up peach syrup from those horrid fruit cups we would get as kids for lunch. At least us Americans, or maybe just us Southerners.

However, when I dumped it in my oil burner it completely changed the way I thought about it. Its a warm golden scent from the burner and I can smell the patch and musk much better now. An excellent smell for autumn and conveniently covers up the hints of my kittehs box.

Whew, lot's of peachy throw right off the bat. I don't like peach on me too much, but I do really like the way the peach and patch interact. Not really for me, but I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like peach, amber, and patch interacting together.

Peach and patch right out of the gate. It's weirdly not really sweet like some peach scents can get. At least not until it dries. When it dries, the patchouli burns off for the most part and the peach it accompanied by amber and is much more golden sweet. I think it's much better at this stage.

Imp is really musky on me and not very peachy. Golden musk (which seems halfway to red musk) and patchouli are the main components that I smell on drydown, with just a faint hint of peach, and the amber gets lost somewhere on my skin. It's nice, but for white peach I prefer Belle Vinu and Eisheth Zenunim.

In the imp, and wet: sweet dripping peach juice, musk, and patchouli. My skin eats patch like it's candy and after 5 minutes I really have to huff my wrist hard to detect it, but by then the amber has begun to come out to take its place. It's still subtle, and this is pretty much all peaches and musk. It feels like late summer to me, as the peach crop dwindles and the remaining fruit is banged up and more suitable for cooking down into compote than eating fresh.

Dry: well, 'dry.' It's only been 10 minutes and it's already fading. This may last the hour thanks to the amber, but I don't think there will be much left.

I think I like this, but it may be another of those scents that I have to retest in the heat of summer rather than the chill (er... snow in this case) of early spring. It may have better lasting power on a warmer day with warmer skin. I hope it does, it's a very cheerful-without-being-childish scent that I could really use more of in my life.

edit: it's been 2 hours and it actually held steady at the level it was at after 10 minutes. I am absolutely a fan. This could be a future bottle for me, as long as I don't get sick of it.

Edited by Juliamon

Wet: Light peach, and amber.

Dry: Very, very faint musky peach; borderline powdery peach. This stays very close to the skin.

I think the wet stage was really nice, and I actually might add the imp to a leave in conditioner or something. For a perfume, though, it's just too light for me.

Edited by donkehpoo

In the imp: Patchouli, musk, and peach. 

On my skin:

The patchouli is the most prominent, with a hint of peach in the background. It doesn't seem to morph much on me, at least not for the first half hour or so. 

As time goes by, the amber and musk emerge, sweetening the patchouli and adding a quality that's a bit powdery and a bit resinous. Unfortunately, by this time, the peach also becomes indistinguishable as an individual note (though it may still be playing a role in the sweetness). 

It's not an unpleasant scent, but I was really hoping the peach would be more prominent. 

In the imp: something cementy, a hint of sweet

Wet on my skin: more cement / wet tiles, the patchouli becomes a note. Sweetness is very much in the background. Adding a little more to get a better idea of the scent. 

Have a difficulty wrapping my head around this scent, it's like I can't fully smell it or understand it, like it keeps slipping out of my ... nose ... ?

Peach and patchouli aren't notes I generally like, but they work weirdly well here! The peach is sweet and fruity, but not quite cloying, while the patchouli adds some incense-y weight to it. The amber and musk are mainly a backdrop, adding some warmth to the scent. It's a little heavier than what I normally would want to wear, but I'm keeping the imp around for when the mood for a peachy scent strikes.

This was a lab frimp. They have been hitting home runs with the frimps lately, I have to say. So often things smell very different on me between the wrist and the crook of my arm. I'll start with the vial. It really smelled a lot more like red musk to me, possibly because of the fruit. In the vial I could not say that was peach. It just registered as sweet with some dirty patch to ground it a bit.

On me wet is when it became a pretty loud peach at my wrist, and more amber and patch in the crook of my arm. It was a little too sweet for me at first.

The dry down is magical. Juicy at my wrist, dryer in the crook of my arm. There is low throw with this but good staying power. In the latter stages is when the amber warmed up. I suppose all throughout I could tell there was musk, but it was really subtle, and the patch was subtle, too, not the strong patch of Malediction or #occupywallstreet. This is a very playful, morphing scent. I don't need a bottle, but I will fully enjoy my imp of Imp.

Wet in the vial, Imp was a nice, juicy peach with a little bit of grounding earthiness.  As it dried on my wrist, it turned into a dirty peach, then just plain dirt.

I liked the first and second stages of this, but I'm sad that the sweeter notes (particularly the peach) burned off so quickly.  Maybe this would make a good locket scent?  Even the dirt scent that I was left with in the end faded very quickly.

Hoping to have better luck with Aglaea as a peachy oil since I love the smell of peaches.

Received as an imp. A lovely fruity & earthy scent. It is mature, flush, close to the skin, & there is also something about it I can't put into words. The amber & patchouli deepens everything in this, while the peach & musk is playful. I'm not a peach fan, but I'd buy a bottle!

Sweet, juicy. Hadn't read the notes beforehand and the peach is making a lot of sense now. That's what my skin really does with it, it's got some depth but my skin doesn't amp anything, and I'm mostly left with peach. Lovely scent though.