Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sirensongsouth

Imp

Devilishly playful: white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli.

I was sooo afraid to try this scent. I have not been able to wear patchouli without getting a headache, but not with Imp. The peach and patchouli come out strong at first and then as they dry the amber and white musk come to play. They all just seem to linger. The only thing I don't smell at the end is the patchouli.

Initial Sniff: In the vial, the peach is sticky sweet, but I can smell the dark earthiness beneath the ripe juices. Very interesting... playful, yet deep and dark.

Wearing: This starts off a bit harsh - the patchouli really dominates the blend for the first 30 minutes or so, but then the sweetness of the peach and the smooth musk come and mellow things out. I never did catch a whiff of the amber.

Final Impressions: There are things that I really like about this scent - it is really different and interesting, and I feel very hip and trendy while wearing it (no, I have no idea why!). I'm just not sure it is me.

Delightfully playful, delicate, with just a touch of "mreoww" thrown in for effect. This is a very comforting scent. Very feminine, and sexy without being over the top. Thumbs up for great staying power as well. A definite winner!

I've been looking forward to trying this since it sounds similar to Tamora, which I love. When I applied it, I wasn't disappointed. It's the peachy-amber playfulness of Tamora combined with the musky sexiness of Vixen. This is so beautifully blended!

In the Vial: Almost Grape-Like is the scent I get in the vial. How weird. O_o

Wet: The Patchouli and Peach are kinda battling a little bit for who'll get to be the one that I smell the most.

Dry: I smell the patchouli in the background with the peach up front, it's very candylike,and if you like peach and patchouli you'll like this!

Conclusion: I won't be buying a big bottle of this. I don't really like it enough to plus, I was looking for a cotton candys scent, and this isn't really close enough to it, so I'll be swapping it.

Wet

Wow, peachy.

This is real nice. It's not too anything, not too sweet although it was tempted to be. Not too strong, not too perfumey.

It's becomes a light scent as it dries on my skin.

I can barely discern the musk and patchouli. They don't stick out at all but mix so well with this blend as to not be able to pick them out. Who knew?

Of the peach or apricot scents I've got:

"Fae" (which I love) and Fae is brighter and sweeter and a bit stronger then "Imp".

"March Hare" which is nice also and is thick and more syrupy.

"Depraved" which is heavier on the musky smell and is also more syrupy.

I think Imp is tied with Fae and Depraved for my affections but if I absolutely had to pick only one for someone I'd say Imp because it seems the most "palatable" of the above.

20 minutes

I wish this was just a tad stronger because it is so nice I wish it had some more throw so I didn't have to obsessivley my face in my wrist.

I would buy a 5ml bottle of this.

When I was placing my first BPAL order (I'm now waiting on my second!) I was def. intimidated by the exotic (to me anyway) scents that I had no idea about. But I knew from patchouli so I my imp pack was heavy on that note (that and sandalwood).

When I sniffed the vial, all I could smell was peach. But not like peach candy. Like a sugared peach blossom. Yummy! And surprising as I thought patchouli was one of those things guarantee to dominate anything.

But on my skin, it's surprisingly fruity. The patchouli is still there, but very sweet. Almost like a "light" patchouli. The two scents merge well together. After a few hours the peach does fade to a just a very nice sweetness and the patchouli just spices that up a tad. Very nice.

on me all the notes are balanced white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli, perfection, it is sweet, yet earthy, very alluring, playful, i like it alot

First sniff: Fruity and playful. This scent is up to something.

Wearing: Just sweet enough, and just musky enough. I like.

Imp becomes blueberries on me!

I think the combination of peach and patchouli is what does this to me, but it really smells like I smeared fresh bluberries over my skin. I mean I even expect my skin to look stained! From wet to dry it goes slightly from very sweet berries to dried berries, but the notes all still register the same.

It's a fine scent, but the combination's end result makes me laugh as I expected it to be drier and darker than it is. I feel like a willie wonka character! ( Violet?)

In Bottle: Peach and musk.

On Skin: The peach is still strongest… and I love the warmth of the musk and amber. The patchouli is light… I don’t really notice it at first. The scent is very sweet but spicy enough to be sexy as well. My skin seems to soak it up because it fades pretty quickly but the peach is the note that sticks around the longest.

mmm... this smells like ripe peaches and patchouli. the amber and musk add a wonderful warmth. great summer scent! like others have said, it's earthy and playful.

Oh wow!

Expectations: None. I'd forgotten the description by the time I opened up the imp.

Imp sniff: Fruity delicious and something I cannot place.

On skin: Oh YUM. This is playful. Smelled a bit odd on wrists at first, which must have been the Hellcat residue.

Drydown: Perfect mix of everything! :D Long lasting too.

Cat verdict: She loves it. She loves me wearing it.

Color associations in my mind: This is summery, bright, golden. Sunkissed.

Verdict: Sweet and sexy. A keeper! :D

:P

Edited by pensive

Imp

in the bottle: oh nasty... I think patchouli does NOT agree with me! I love the idea of the first three notes listed but can’t sniff them at all.

wet: Okay, there we go now! Peachy patchouli. Either that or ‘golden musk’ is MUCH heavier than I expected. I do light/white musks very well but heavier ones I don’t. I’m picking up a hint of amber, but aside from the peach, the other three are very heavy scents right now. A bit like snorting up incense dust.

drying/5 minutes: oh! much sweeter now, I rather like this. The peach is coming to the front without being fruity. It mixes very nicely with (I think it is) the amber. Much much nicer now, thank goodness!

dry/20 minutes: a good peachy spicy incense smell.

Patchouli is an unpredictable note for me, so I was a bit leery of Imp - but I loved all the other notes, so I figured it was worth a shot. How right I was.

Wet: My instant reaction was, "Dirrrrrrty peaches!" If scents were facial expressions, this one would be a knowing smirk. Playful, and a bit pervy - the name suits it.

On drydown, this stayed pretty true to form - juicy peaches with a bit of earthy-ness from the patchouli. This was a surprise, as patchouli often turns into old-lady-powder or stinky-'70s-perfume on me.

The amber and musk didn't really factor into my impression much - until later, when I compared Imp to Depraved. The amber/musk undercurrent softens Imp a bit, making it the slightly-less-wild sister of Depraved.

A keeper... but I have no idea whether to get a big bottle of Imp, or of Depraved.

Origins - imp received in a swap.

Wet - sweet, fruity musk.

Dry - peach and musk, very sunny and golden smelling. I only get the tiniest trace of patchouli once this has dried for awhile. Very summery and pretty, probably not something I would wear often, but I will hang on to then imp.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3.

In the bottle: I cringe from patchouli scents, but I'm willing to try it. Straight patchouli and musk in the vial. This is really somewhat scary. I hope it calms down on my skin.

Wet: Slightly peach that is then consumed by the patchouli and the musk.

Dry down: Patchouli and musk. Nothing else. No signs of either the amber or the peach as the patchouli/musk duo has eaten them. Little bit of peach in the patchouli/musk scent but not enough to make me like this in the least.

Dry: Patchouli and musk with a hint of peach. I cannot wear patchouli so this is a no-go.

The peach/amber and patchouli combination is both completely unexpected and a bit...dirty smelling :P It smells like corrupted innocence, of a dark shadow briefly crossing the sky on a bright summer day, of...evil peaches :D

Imp is all sorts of playful - but there's a darkness to the playfulness. The white peach is a slightly tarter sweet than the normal peach - it's a bit crisper, not as sticky sweet, and then a bit of amber and golden musk. The patchouli is only apparent when it's wet on me, and vanishes on drydown.

It's a very yummy scent - reminiscent of Aglaea, but sharper, crisper, cleaner. If one takes the analogy to the act of biting into the peach, Aglaea's peach is the very juicy and ripe one that resists not at all, covering one in stickiness while Imp's is a bit firmer, not nearly as ripe and less cloyingly sweet.

this is delightful! the peach is somewhat cold, definitely not yellow peach, but the amber warms it up. the patchouli gives it a slight sexiness. this gives peach an interesting twist!

Another of my branching out disasters...er....experiments....

Decided to try it because of musk and amber, though I'm not entirely sure amber is really me....love musks though...

Got it at the same time as Urd and for some reason had the two confused...thought I'd love imp and that urd was a maybe, but urd I like and imp...no, nope, not a go.

In the bottle: pure grape bubblegum. And ya know, grape has always been my least favorite artificial flavor/scent.

And a throw? Definately. I kept smelling it. And smelling it. Wanted to wash it off but needed to review it...so...

then it morphed. Now it is a glittery, warm gold scent, and when I looked it up and saw the peach, I thought of course! Because it smells a bit like Aglaea on me...that peach.

so I guess I've discovered peach really doesn't work for me.

Ah well. Still worth the discovery. Off to reswap it goes.

Too patchouli/musky at first--but that's how most BPAL works, with an overwhelming start. The peachy overtone is cute, but not worth the heavy undertone to me. Gets peachier as it dries.

Wet: Well blended! Hard to pick out notes. But a bit of peach shines through and a very little touch of patchouli.

Drying: And that's pretty much how it stays. But I'm not bowled over by this. I think it's my fruit curse. No big rich peaches for me. :P Just a slightly sweet herbal blend. Which is nice, but not huge. (Oh god, it smells like herbaly 7-up on me! Weird!)

Dry, later: Huh. This smells alot like my beloved Corazon on me now, only less complex. Will have to do a side by side comparison sniff later.

Bottle (Imp): Sweet, with a bit of citrus.

Just On: A bit of sweet, some musk, and a tiny hint of sharpness.

An hour or two later: Musky goodness.

Around 6 hours: Sweet muskyness.

12 hours: Almost gone, just a hint of musk, and less of sweetness.

Overall: I like this, it's one that morphs a few times, but never in a bad way.

After reading other reviews: I'm guessing white peach is what made me smell the citrus thing in the imp. On me, thhough, it just turned sweet and musky. I like it.

In the bottle:

GRAPE KOOLAID! I'm not even sure why it smells like that to me, but it definitely does lol

On me:

Okay on me it starts to smell more like peach instead of grape, and now it's rich, tart, sweet, ripe peaches. This scent is like the wet *smack!* of biting into a peach. The amber and musk do a beautiful job of grounding this scent so it's not too much. I don't get any patchouli on me, which I suppose is quite fortunate since it rarely works on me!

Final note:

I don't normally care for really fruity scents. But to be honest, I actually really enjoy this one! With the hot weather rolling in, this is the kind of scent I could see myself wearing to Barbeques or a theme park. Something fun to reflect the season. I'm not decided on whether or not I'd actually use a whole bottle, but I'll be damned if I give this imp away!

EDIT: It took a good hour or more before patchouli started to creep into this, and even then it was so light that it just made a nice compliment to the fading peach smell, rather than being obtrusive.

Edited by Brianne