Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sirensongsouth

Imp

Devilishly playful: white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli.

Not sure if it's the white peach or the golden musk as someone previously mentioned, but I get a strong slightly-less-spicy red musk vibe from Imp even though I know there isn't any red musk in it. Odd. As red musk is one of my doom notes of course it dominates/is amped to high heaven on my skin. >_< I'll pass this little mischief-maker along to a new home.

EDIT: Added Lab's description. Edited by thatbrownelf

First review - and not that I am sure how to do this, but this was the first one I tried of my 16 imps sitting around at home; it made sense that my first imp be Imp :)

When I first opened it and put some on, it smelled fruity, golden and wet - with teeth. I had to sniff a while before I realised that it for some reason smelled Faaaintly of faded toothpaste - interesting, but not bad at all.

Walking to work, I felt it was a bit weak, so I put on some extra - sniffed my wrist and could barely smell it, BUT - it was around me like a swirly cloud. I could almost not smell it ON my wrist, but funnily, it was like...sort of hlike having a balloon bobbing in the air With the smell. Cause it wasn't a cloud of it, I never felt covered or like I was in a smell-bubble, just...yes, as if something was raining scent at me from above. Very amusing and happy feeling :)

There is a smell in here which I can tell Would give me a headache, but I am not sure which - and I have no headache, so it's ok :)

It is very, very short-lasting though - it's been three hours and it is almost gone entirely now, which is a pity, it's not "my type" but I still like it :(

Of course because I am perverse, I had to get a bottle of Imp.

Love this, it's in the same amazing fruity group with Josie and Kitsune Tsuki.

It fades PDQ though or maybe that's just because it's getting over the trip here still.

If it stayed like the top note it would be number one on the hit parade...

Edit * This is what they make scent lockets for...this lives in my Mad Hatter locket, very appropriate.

Edited by stellamaris

In the imp: PATCHOULI. Lots of patchouli...and something sweet.

Wet: Same as in the imp.

Dry: Much fruitier now! But on my skin there's something...Pez-like. This smells like patchouli, sweet dry brown grass (most prominent note - it's super "golden"), and powdery Pez. There's something reminiscent of red musk, too, which is bad news for me. To swaps with ye!

Note: This stuff lasted *forever* on me. 14 hours and 2 showers later, it was still going strong. Whew!

In the imp: Overripe peaches and a little mould.

On me: Peaches. Warm peaches!

One hour later: This one didn't morph or did anything funny at all. It's still warm peaches.

Unfortunately I don't like the smell or taste of peaches. When I was a kid I had to take some medicine that tasted like rotten peaches. So NO thank you.

When I saw the notes, I just had to try this, and I wasn't disappointed. This is a bright, sweet peach, rounded by the musk and amber, and deepened by the patchouli into a deep, beautiful scent. Soft and playful, but with a mischievous edge. This also seems like an obvious summer scent to me. In February, I appreciate the reminder of the warmer months, but I can't wait to try this one in July!

Where Fae is in the forest, it's a sun warmed one, and Imp is the one hiding in the shadows, in the darker depths.

It frolicks - oh yes it does.. and rolls around in the decaying leaves some, but it doesn't let it stop the playful peachiness from coming through. It's fruity without being overly so, sweet without being cloying, and earthy and dark without being broody or menacing.

Imp is playful, but it's got a darker edge - like a warning in the very back of your mind that sometimes playing with imps can land you into trouble. However, it smells so good I'll just risk it ;)

I threw Imp in with my first BPAL order at the request of the boyfriend, and I certainly wasn't disappointed! Its a nice sweet scent, but kept from being overwhelmingly sweet thanks to the musk. It's fun and playful, but with an edge of mischief, which seems to suit me really well. Imp lasted a nice long time on me, and the boy loved it too (or that's what I assume because he couldn't keep his hands off me ;3). Definitely a keeper~

Red musk! This really smells like the lab's red musk note to me! The peach starts to bloom a bit later. I am really liking this one!

Need to try this one again!

I got Imp as a frimp from a forum sale, smelled it, and didn't think much of it. It was like patchouli and overripe, almost rotten fruit.

Today though, I closed my eyes and pulled an imp out of my "to-try" pile, and it so happened to be this one.

I dabbed a little on, and it was Super patchouli, with an almost cloyingly sweet note lingering around. I went about my business though, tidying the house and puttering around, and as it wares on, I find myself smooshing my nose into my wrist, because I can't get enough of it!

It's turned into a sweet, warm, very "golden sunshine" sort of smell. All I can imagine is laying in the grass on a warm sunny day, and eating some sort of juicy summertime fruit.

The throw is great too, I can smell it lingering around me, and I only dabbed a little on one wrist.

Imp is definitely going on the big bottle list. :wub2:

I definitely get a sense of red musk from this, though that's not one of the listed notes. It's fruity and light on the patchouli. As it warms, I get a dry-feeling fruity smell with hints of red musk. Possibly something I'd need a bigger bottle of.

So, seeing as I always forget the notes by the time the perfumes arrive, I've decided to start reviewing blind. I'm terrible at telling notes apart and so I'm pretty much coming into this as your average rube - just like the people who'll be smelling you the whole day long!

First Sniff: Wow, that's odd. This has a tang that tingles my nose. It smells like a sour melon candy. A 'Warhead' to be precise.

Second Sniff: There's definitely a 'golden' feeling from this vial. There's a soft, sweet fruit here too. Nectarine? And I'm beggining to think the sour note is more of an apple than a melon. A Granny Smith apple.

Wet: It's changed a bit, become smokier and nuttier, still with the sweet/sour granny smith behind it.

Dry (30 mins): Mellowed out. It's a lot softer now, the tartness is gone. This is a honeyed floral - almost angelic.

Dry (3 Hours): It's faded heaps, but is still essentially that soft golden floral that it started as.

Throw: none.

Colour association: Honey gold and Frost.

And now that I've checked the notes, well I guess all that fruit was just the peach? It's funny, because I wouldn't have picked any of the other notes as being in this, especially the musk and patchouli. I thought I knew what they smelled like. Ah, well. I'm still learning, I guess. Maybe the floral I noticed was the amber?

As per usual, I sought my father's opinion. This was his eloquent evaluation:

Pop: "Meh."

So, while this isn't terrible, it's also not great. I guess it's a good thing I got this for my sister and not myself. Hopefully she'll like it better.

Got this as a frimp from a forum purchase!

So, before I begin, I just want to say I dabbed some on last week and it made me gag- I like sweet but the sweetness here was a little too much. It was like I smeared melting, sticky peach candy and honey on my wrists and it gave me a terrible headache. Buuut last week was a certain time of the month so I decided to give Imp another shot today.

In the imp: Luscious, juicy peaches. At the same time I'm getting warm and dark color association- like gold or burnt orange in deep shadow. Perhaps that's from the patchouli?

Wet: The peaches turn to candy like they did last week, but it's not as cloying. I'm getting peach hard candy, specifically. It's not all that bad but it's not really my thing.

Dry-down: The candy mellows considerably, though it's still very much the dominant note. The amber emerges, as well as the musk. I'm not actually detecting any patchouli but I can feel that it's there, if that makes any sense. The emergent notes are keeping the sugary sweetness at bay.

Dry: The candy regains some strength while the other notes seamlessly blend together into a pleasant grounding agent. The image that comes to mind is a shadowy gold cloth covering a bowl of hard candies. Overall the scent is much softer.

Further on: The candy is dissapating more and more. It smells soft and fairly nice while still being peachy. I think I'm catching the patchouli now, too.

To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about this blend! I can't stop sniffing myself but at the same time I know there won't be a bottle in the future. I'm definitely going to keep the imp around, though. I think I need to do more tests!

I got this as a frimp from the lab and was absolutely blown away.

I would never have chosen this because I wouldn't have thought that peach would work for me. But it is GORgeous.

As others have said before me, it is a juicy, ripe white peach that does not overwhelm. Yellow peaches have a sour note that this does not have, and its a bit dirtier than this peach, thus the white peach. I had no idea that this had musk, but it explains the wallop this packs and it explains the lasting power. This stuff is STRONG and it lasts FOR-EV-ER. I barely dotted my pulse points and it was too much. I ended up mixing it into an unscented shower gel and after using it 1/2 an hour ago, I can still catch light whiffs. The peach is beautiful, but it is the back-up of amber/musk/patch that really makes this blend. They give the base a warm, golden woodsy feeling. I was certain this had cedar before I read the notes.

The mixture ends up being quite sexy in a sensual earthy kind of way, but wearable outside bedroom / date night. I think it could be worn in an office as long as application was kept light, but maybe a little much for the parent teacher conference. ;)

It makes me think of watching an amazing autumn sunset on one of the last really warm evenings while I sit on my wooden porch swing and eat a lusciously ripe white peach. Contented sigh.

In the Imp (ITI): Musky peach with an overtone of patchouli. It does smell initially innocent, but then the devilish quality of the patchouli takes over.

Wet: Very clearly patchouli and peach with somewhat overwhelming musk.

Dry: The peach is smelling a bit like peach cider with earthy spiciness from the patchouli. It's interesting to say the least.

I hesitated to try Imp for a long time because peach and I are not on speaking terms. Peach likes to go all nauseating, cloying sweetness on my skin and most of the time I simply dislike smelling of fruit.

Imagine my surprise when Imp turned out to be gorgeous on me! :lol:

First off, I think white peach is a much lighter, less syrupy version of this note. The other thing working in my favor here is the fact that the amber, patchouli, and wonderful, wonderful golden musk sit on the peach, keeping it from being too...peachy. That earthy trio keeps the sweet fruit in check, so that it's lending just a hint of sweetness and a slightly fresh quality to the scent.

This is lovely, and it is on my list of General Catalogue Bottles I'd Like To Get Some Day.

Edited by OctoberGwen

Mmm, I just love the way this one smells. Fruity patchouli, nom nom nom. Wet, this smell pretty hippy-ish, the patchouli taking over. Very patchouli and musk with just a touch of peach to keep things light. The peach comes back on the drydown though, and I LOVE this again. Imp is just an all-around great, very likable blend. I’m happy to have been able to try it!

I've been into BPAL for about six months now, and I just found Imp. What took me so long?

In the imp, I smell very sweet fruit. I didn't identify it as peach till I checked the notes.

Like ih8perfume above, I get cedar from this when it's wet and for a short time thereafter. I think it must be the patchouli. I smelled the same thing in Sin, and I thought it was from the combination of sandalwood and cinnamon, but Sin and Imp both contain patchouli.

Then, as it dries, Imp becomes a glorious warm peach, backed by the amber, golden musk, and patchouli. It truly does smell golden. The notes blend very well, and the musk comes out more and more as time passes. I had a hard time not sniffing my arm while walking around in public wearing this.

I also love Tamora, another peach and amber blend. Tamora seems to me more of a spring-and-summer scent, while Imp is slightly darker and deeper and will be perfect for summer into fall.

I see a bottle of Imp in my future.

This is a really interesting scent. It starts off a sweet, juicy, fruity scent, mellows into something more feminine and refined and ends up being basically just a really nice patchouli. I unexpectedly like the combination of patchouli and peach! This is lovely.

Totally peach. To be honest, I love peach, but this scent is more of a candy peach rings on me, and at first it is too sweet. But then the dry down, and I can handle it a little better. For some reason I'm reminded of the pocono mountains and I'm trying to figure out why. It has this woody undertone on my skin. I'm totally transported to a cabin in the woods. I don't know where this is coming from, but I think I love this scent now.

Imp: peach and patchouli (sweet peach with a earthy dirt quality due to the patchouli)

Bottle: peach musk with a hint of patchouli in the background

I have a feeling the patchouli will come out more with age. I have also gotten complimented by others when wearing Imp.

I love patchouli everything so this should have been a win but the peach completely took over (just like the apricot did with Depraved). It turned to rotting fruit on me :unsure: and I couldn't wait to wash it off...which was tough because this stuff has some serious staying power.

The patchouli and peach combo does not play nicely on me. All i get is non-neutered tom cat pee. :-\ Off to the swaps with thee!

I was hoping this would work because patchouli is listed last, but unfortunately there is a giant cloud of patchouli hanging over all the other notes in this scent. I get PATCHOULI and then underneath that one of the best peach GC blends from the Lab and lovely golden amber. C'est la vie!

Well, peachy. Like Jack without the pumpkin. A short while after putting it on, the rest of the notes appear, but stay in the background. The result is quite disjointed. Fruity peach is so absolutely dominating, but then there's musk and resins hanging around, and they never really coalesce into one scent. I don't really know what I think of it. It irritates me. Not a keeper.