Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
la_biscuit

Satyr

Unleash the bawdy, unrestrained passion of the satyr! A ferociously masculine scent: sexual, vigorous, and truly wild.

Have to admit I was a little nervous approaching Satyr. I have read all the reviews, and so had some trepidations but was very curious as well.

I can say it does not smell like goat to me.

It's cow. Cow sweat and dung and drool. With some cinnamon sprinkled on top. Seriously, it's so strongly evocative of the barn I worked at in high school I was taken back many years in an instant.

That this scent appeals to many people amuses me greatly, and tells me that there is something for everyone. Our responses to scents are a complete magical mystery tour, with a myriad of chemistries, desires and interests. I think that is really cool. One man's meat is another man's poison, or, in this case, one woman's barn is another woman's boudoir.

I will try it on my husband, but with fair warning. Awhile ago I showed him Honeycat's review, and her husband's amusing reaction. He's a good sport, and who knows, on him it might be bottled sex!

Edited by Taniwha

I really should know better. Civet is not my friend. This smells...unclean to me. It's similar to Czernborg, but I like that one better.

Very civet-y, but more medicinal-smelling.

I am really not certain. This may smell very sexy on a guy. On me it is just "ugh" and I think it is playing around with the smell of body without quite getting there.

I am NOT a Satyr. In case anyone was wondering.

:D

Love this imp given me by a Great Dragon Lady......

Cinnamon while wet.

Dark Patcholi getting dry.

...and then enough of a come on for myself...and no one else...love this even though I be of the Species called Female...ordering a bottle today... :P miss my 10 ml........

In the vial this is cool and has a piercing note that may be caused by a spice in the background, otherwise it doesn’t smell of anything in particular. On my skin, there is a sudden burst of warm spiciness from the blend on something a base note that may be musk or civet. After a couple of hours on my skin, this becomes a soft, warm scent that isn’t spicy or sweet, instead it is closer to a skin scent than any note I can detect. It’s very neutral after the spiciness wears off. I’ll have to try this on the boy to see if it’s better on him!!

Mmmm, Satyr! Wet, it had a piney and nutty smell over dark musky and civety goodness. As it dries the pine fades and nuts dissapear and there is a slight whiff of cloves over the super sexy hot civet. It takes on a slightly sweet smell that I often get with civet and I can't stop sniffing myself!! :D It's like Czernobog's sexier brother without the poo stage or the vetiver, and gets me quite turned on.

Not too strong and just enough throw to send me into throes of lust when it reaches my nose. It's a bit wierd lusting from a scent *I* am wearing, and it better work on my man or I will need a lot of 'personal' time.

I love you Satyr, you hot sexy beast-man! :P

ADDED 8/24/08:

I love love love Satyr!! :D This is sex in a bottle for me :D

It goes on a little strong for the first minute or two. Very musky, and a slightly bitter and leathery note. I can't put my finger on what the spiciness is- I think a touch of cloves with maybe some pepper, if there is cinnamon I'm not amping it like I usually do.

Dry, this is pure sexy goodness. The bitter leather (I think that was the civet saying hi) is gone. A lot of red musk, with the civet calmed down and giving it a deeper feel. The spiciness is just enough to enhance the musk without being HIYA, SPICES HERE which happens to me a lot with spice blends. There is also that smooth, vanilla-ish sweetness below the musks, balancing the whole blend together. There is a syrupy feel here also, sorta cola-like. I think it could be possible that the spice, vanilla, and syrupy parts could be coming from a resin or resin blend- it has that dark, rich feel to it.

Overall, this is a spicy-sweet deep musk blend that seems to subconsciously make me hot and bothered. :evil:

I've had my imp forever, and really must get a bottle of this stuff! I'm paranoid that it will be discontinued one of these days since it turns into poop on a lot of people. I would cry a thousand tears if that happened before I stocked up. :D

How is it that I have not reviewed this? Perhaps because when I sniffed the imp this was my response: :P

I have no idea how old this imp, so perhaps the civet in it is amped to the exclusion of all else, but when I put it on, I thought, yup, that's civet, and its not so bad.

For about two seconds. Then I sniffed my hand, and yes, it smelled exactly like a goat. and not a sweet little pygmy goat kid that you might pet at the fair, clean and smelling of a young animal and straw.

No, this is straight up billy goat.

And is it ever resistant to being removed! Several swipes of alchohol and I can still smell it.

Well, I'll keep the imp--I suspect it would get a lot of takers if I put it up for swaps anyway, but I do occasionally want to know what civet smells like, ( to distinguish it from, say, red musk, which is also strongly animalistic on me).

But whew! I'm not wearing it!

Not an overly descriptive description, is it? I smell leather and musk. A hint of something underneath that I can't identify. Maybe vetiver or some lavender? Definitely has a "guy" feel to it, which means it's not working so well on me.

Score: 2 out of 5

I get an unsettling animal smell that keeps prompting me to say 'unclean' even though that's not really the best description. The faint sweet clove smell is nice, but I can't relax with that other smell. But boy, does it ever last a long time!

When I wore this all I could think of was 'The Sweater Song' by Meryn Cadell:

"The sweater has that faintly goat-like smell

which all teenage boys possess,

and that smell will lovingly transfer

to all your other clothes

If you get to keep it for a few days you can sleep with it

but don't let your mom see, 'cause she'll say,

"what is that filthy thing, and who does it belong to

besides the trash man?"

So you have to keep it under the covers with you

You can kind of lie it beside you,

or wrap it around your waist,

or touch it on your legs, or whatever

That's your business..."

I detect patchouli, or vetiver, or both, maybe some clove or other spiciness...a little like Voodoo. Underneath it all is a faint, disconcerting note that I guess must be civet, because it's the same 'goat' thing that lots of other people mentioned. Basically Satyr is a little too wild for me, not tame at all...which I guess is fitting to the name and concept.

Ick... this is one of those mascline-type blends that I hate. An intensely musky, me-caveman-drag-you-to-my-cave scent. Which... ugh. Not at all for me.... or my man.

I knew that this scent would probably not work on me or my mister, but I did turn it into a spray for my rather satyr-like friend. As I was mixing I initially did not see what was so sexual about this musk until I got some on my hand, as it dried and the goatyness wore off I noticed, erm, an interesting yet sutble biological reaction. While I still am not a big fan of the smell itself, I have to admit that it is effective.

Initial Reaction: GOAT!!

Wet On Skin: Hmm, woodsy with a decent musk to it, almost incensy.

Dry: What the-oh, ha :P. I wish we didn't have company over right now. :D

Time to shedule some alone time with the mister.

I didn't realize this one was going to be so literal! And I'm very glad it is!

In the imp: this is spicy, and strong vetiver. Delicious, but not sexy.

On the boy: Musk times a gazillion. Being ravished in a barn. This is incredible, and we lurve it :P Animalistic is a good way to describe it.

This is so musky it's inappropriate, and fabulous.

In the imp it's all Spellbound & STRONG. Applied it lightens considerably and is closer to Sin, with a slightly sweeter cinnamon note, and vetiver. Musky, dark and delicious. Especially on him :P

Soo good. Musky and sexy with a little spice. It didn't go cat pee on me, which is very good. I normally hate civet but this is amazing.

I received this as a frimp from the Lab on my last purchase, and I'm surprised to say that I LOVE IT. Civet appears to totally jive with my skin chemistry -- that may be because I'm on the prowl 24/7. :P

Civet smells like... well, it smells like civet, so there's no way I can accurately compare it to something else, but on me it closely approximates the smell of root beer + walnuts + nasty sex. Nasty in a good way.

Satyr is a warm smell, like there's some spice or amber in there to mellow out the civet and add sensuality to the bawdiness. It smells very similar to the TAL Blinding Glory of Love. If you're a lady who likes what Satyr stands for but is a little overwhelmed by it, get a sample of Blinding Glory of Love. It's Satyr with a dash of mint and floral notes.

In the imp, dark musk and earth swirling around like muscles coated in sweat and dust. This is strong, as soon as it's on my skin, it coats like honey. Only far more feral. Dark dark dark musks just slithering up and down my hand. Sexy but too male for me, as it dries, this gets a touch of spicy pepper - or something - to it. Sharp and overbearing, this has too much throw in the "SMELL ME NOW" commanding sense.

In the imp: Very dark, animalistic, and for some reason, I get a hint of chocolate...

Wet: I get a warm, spicy-musky vanilla... This could work on me.

15 minutes in: Oh. My. God. This stuff AMPS. and not in a good way. I feel slightly sick to my stomach, and I get an impression of marked territory.

I had to wash it off. I'm generally good in musky sents, but this was a bit much. I still think it could be something that might work for me, I'll just have to use a tiny drop, or layer it.

This is a viscous, black oil that looks truly foul.

I pop the top and take a sniff, and it turns into a breath, a long inhalation followed by a purring moan. This is the smell of sweaty man sex. The cola-like scent of musk is less sweet and more funky here. It's well-known that this blend contains a very dark musk, perhaps civet, and I have to say it smells very animal. There is spice, too, almost root-beery.

And oh, my does this have bite. No. Make that balls. This is richly stinky, a delicious, dirty, depraved scent that borders on the unhinged. There is something sweaty and malodorous lurking way down in there, a hint of the smell of sweaty hair. And cinnamon, I swear there is cinnamon.

It smells even better the morning after, too. WOW.

Hm, I smelled this one in the imp and though "yum, it smells like a cousin of Smut!". I guess my nose is different from others' cause musky civety scents really do smell good to me. :D

However I must add that this scent wildly vascillates on my skin. it goes from sweet musky clove to a ver animalistic smell (yes, much like a goat, :D ). Usually the latter happens when I sniff with my nose pressed up to my hand. If it farther away I smell more of the sweetness and less animal. Strange. Anyhow, I definitely smell the sex... :P

This is a good one but I don't know if I'd need more than an imp since this is incredibly naughty on me and I already have my favorite naughty blend, teh Smut. I wonder how this would smell on a guy, though...maybe I'll attack a random bystander and find out! :)

This smells great in the imp-very spicy notes of cinnamon and cloves with musk and civet. Not bad in the imp! But something awful happens as soon as it touches my skin. I kept looking around because I thought I kept smelling wet dog fur (she was laying right behind me). I was thinking that I really needed to take her for a bath! :P

Then I realize that it was Satry! :D I don't think I even want my hubby to try it-I will alway think of dog when I smell it! :D

Edited by GoldenRubee

In the vial: Vetiver darkness. Reminds me of Czernobog.

On the skin: Hardcore dirty musk. Has 'male' written all over it. Heated and warm. I actually like this one; I love Czernobog, so I was probably bound to like Satyr too. It has a dirt-quality to it, woodsy too. Yum. A keeper!

Oooooh my..... this is not good. I asked for this...... why, oh why would I do that. I am new to the BPAL scents, and loved the description of Satyr. However, when it is in the imp it has a very strong foul odor. On, it is no better whatsoever. I cannot escape this smell. Others have described this as a goat or horse smell, but honestly, those smells are much better than Satyr. On me this smells like nasty foul poo. I've tried to wash it off, but there is no escaping this scent - it did not go away after washing - it only lessened it's intensity slightly. I am afraid to give this to any friend to try, because I'm afraid their chemistry will react the same as mine... definately malodorous!! This scent needs to GO.

Good luck to others with this scent.

This scent was a frimp. And to whomever you are THANK YOU, You are a Goddess!

Ok with that out of the way...

The name instantly told me this was for the hubby. Not to mention the color of the oil in the vial was a little disconcerning to me. Very dark almost like wet dirt.

Smell in the vial: Earthy, musky but not heavy. Yet it finishes with a sweet note, almost like root beer to my untrained nose. It reminds me of being at the Ren Faire or an SCA event. Totally bizare.

On the skin: Wooow. It smells like primal, almost savage sex. I seriously could not keep my hands of my husband. Not too mention his prowess was rather... how should I put this... fierce.

This gets a 9 out of 10. :P

This is almost entirely civet on me for a good hour of its wear time; it put me in mind of visiting the big-cat enclosures at the zoo. (Dear Male Cat: Please do not pee on my arm tonight. Thank you.) After that, the cloves and musk rose to the surface a bit more, and something else spicy, like cinnamon. This is actually a subtler blend than initial sniff-tests might indicate; it's just that you have to tolerate a lot of raw civet first -- which I personally like, but not everybody's skin does. On me, this is just raw, about as subtle as Mick Jagger suggesting that you spend the night together.