Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
la_biscuit

Satyr

Unleash the bawdy, unrestrained passion of the satyr! A ferociously masculine scent: sexual, vigorous, and truly wild.

Very interesting. At first I was getting an orangey note from this. Then it was kind of dull and wooden. Then a cinnamon spice came out. Then it heated up. What a surprise. I like it. I like it on myself and I bet I would like it on a cute roommate, uh, I mean some hot guy, too. :P Edited by Shollin

Well, I've never tried anything with civet in it before, so when I got an imp of this I was happy and anxious to see what it smelled like! Unfortunately on me it smells like poo. Satyr smelled like a goat's tush, with clumpy fur and poo. :P

So, being devious and sadistic, I passed the imp on to my boyfriend to try. Now he learned from me to kinda swipe your wrist in your hair, since the scent stays longer there. He put Satyr on his wrists, neck, and then swiped the wand through his hair a few times.

Of course it smelled like poo on him too. He got all disgruntled at me and scrubbed his wrists and neck till they were red, but came back still reeking of poo. The scent was super strong in his hair. For some reason, he didn't want to give in and take a shower that night, so he put some Blood Moon over it, hoping the potent oil would drown out the civet. Which just made his hair smell horribly of cinnamon poop. For hours. From 5 feet away.

We also, being devious and sadistic, got to try this on an unsuspecting friend. It smelled like poo on him too, but at least he didn't put any in his hair.

I don't think I ever want to try anything with civet in it again, unless it's 1. on someone else and 2. I hate that person. Gave the imp away, and am hoping she has had better luck with it. :D

Edited by Babylon

This smells like minty green civet to me. The scent has a sharp edge to it. I'm kind of iffy on civet. I don't think it smells terrible on me, but I do think it comes out a little too strongly.

satyr.jpg

Very strongly civet, I can't blame Beth for trying with Satyr. However, the effect is powerful and personal and not attractive on me. If you are a civet fan, great...Satyr and Czernobog are two scents you must try. One great thing about Satyr, it only takes a very small amount and it lasts forever. There might be a tiny bit of patchouli in this blend, too, along with some spice. However the whole thing is taken over by civet and there is little else that you can smell in Satyr.

We tried this one out on the husband and it started off dark and incensy and woo! sexy. Then it started to smell a bit like incense and sweaty, hairy nether regions...then it went to poo - we waited for a while to see if it would fade (because the other smells were great), but the civet was a bit over the top.

I ended up giving him a bit of Puck to layer over the top, which made the overall scent much nicer on him. While he might use a drop of the imp again, I don't see a bottle of Satyr in his future.

I feel about Satyr the same way I feel about uni (sea urchin) sushi; they're a bit too manly for me to try. Good for the husband, not so much for me.

I supect it would be fantastic for ritual work.

This was a frimp from the lab.

Well, I tried this on me and it sings CIVET! After a long while like >4 hrs it faded to something that was kind of nice on me, but after the "test" there's no way I'm going to ride out the nasty to get to the nice when there are other that work so much nicer on me.

Although I will slap some on the husband to see if it likes his chemistry better than mine. If not, off to the swaps or I may use it in ritual work as ayelienne suggested.

In the Imp - musky (and by musky I mean civet), animal with some spice in the undertone

On Skin Wet - musky, sweet animal smell faint spice

On Skin Dry - still quite musky, manly smelling but the spice is more prominent. Really strong throw. After >3 hrs a little softer, more incensy

this was a freebie from the lab goddesses. from the moment I smelled it, I thought it would be perfect for a gorgeous chunk of man-meat. lucky me, I happened to have the perfect subject -- my tall, dark and handsome, torrid affair marine. he's got everything this scent calls to mind -- a manly chest of hair, darkly blue fierce eyes, wicked sharp and white teeth, big strong muscles, and an impressive pairing of insatiability and endurance. he also has a tendency to slather himself in a scent before we get together, and I've often mentioned to him that I'd rather smell his own scent and sweat, but he didn't go for it. when I offered satyr, though, he went for it. girls, this is everything I hoped for in a scent. without getting too graphic, feeling the weight and heat of my man while enveloped in satyr makes me woozy. I get all sex-drunk, I swear! there's a slight hint of vanilla to the musks that make me want to nuzzle into his chest for hours. woo! a big thumbs up from this roll-in-the-hay girl! :P

This is a sweeter musk than I anticipated, quite masculine, but with a vanilla overtone. Interesting. As it dries, the musk gets quite strong, and oh. I suppose that odd, feral scent is the civet so often feared.

Thankfully, the civet doesn't turn into something gross on me, as others have experienced. It's definitely a feral note, but not too overwhelming, and the initial sweetness balances it. Overall, I don't think this is a scent I adore, but it's not off-putting to my nose.

In the imp: Flowers, Musk and old man poo.

On my skin: The flowers flee before the stench of nursing home sewage.

Drydown: GOAT BUTT! Poop!

After washing several times: goat butt.

No can do. Sorry. I tried.

:P

What an intimidating color: purple-red in the imp. It smells sexual in a hot, dirty way. Not too bad.

Once on, GOD. NO. How do I explain this? Hmm . . . Well, if "wild" means "the way my hands smell after I scoop out dog food," then Satyr is spot on. Ugh. Is this the infamous civet? It has to be.

It gets better after ten minutes or so, but the civet sticks around a little too much for my taste.

Wow, even though I can't stand this on me, melia's review REALLY wants to make me try this on my husband. Maybe once the memory of this little test wears off . . .

Wow, this is... goaty. I suppose that should come as no surprise. A sniff from the imp, in fact, was quite enough for me to know it did not belong on my skin. But thankfully, a male friend happened to come visiting shortly afterward who has a massive fixation with satyrs (partly via the game Changeling: the Dreaming), and it was evident that this oil needed to belong to him.

Now the cool thing about that is that this was someone I had previously tried to enable with very little success. But as soon as he saw the name on the label of this one, his eyes lit up. He immediately tried it on, and him, that musky goatiness of it really worked. It really did smell like you'd expect a satyr to. He kept sniffing it and looking deliriously happy. By the time he left our apartment, I would have sworn that his feet (or hooves?) were no longer quite touching the ground. Enabling managed!

Grade: D for me, but A+ on my satyr friend

Bottle: civet, red musk, maybe, and..cloves?

Wet: the civet and musk are at the fore, glad civet usually doesn't turn on me. And sweet..vanilla? Also a green edge, but I'm just not getting that note clearly.

Dry: the vanilla is expanding, and the civet. the spicy note has disappeared.

Later: oh that darn vanilla. this is sexy like sex in a candy store sexy. er. no. surely better on someone else..bummer.

This is total musk! Dark and animal musky. This is oh so sexy. I am getting some cinnamon as this dries down but it is still that animal musk overall. Damn, this is sexy!!!

Reading the reviews, most people seem to hate it and is scared by it. Well, I have to try it now, let's see if I hate it too. But a very very little amount will be ;P

Wet, it smells of patchouli or sandalwood to me. Somewhat smoky.

As it starts to dry down, I perceive the hated civet. Ok, it smells like goats and horses, hehehe. It is somewhat funny in fact. But the smell is not too strong. I put little, but it doesn't strike me as one of the strong scents. It is very warm too.

Well, it is somewhat sweaty, animalic, smoky, musky, very warm and wild.

And it is cat pee on my boyfriend, lol.

Very interesting, in fact. Captures the concept greatly.

Imp: Ooh, manly! Like outdoors scents. I think there's bergamot in here, a resin that is very strong and acrid.

Wet: Spicy resins, I think I smell cinnamon. Sweat, cinnamon, oatmeal. Odd.

Dry: I have no clue what went on with my skin chemistry, but this turned into oatmeal on my skin. Wierd.

Category: Manly

Rating: 1/5; on my skin, this went wierd.

Overall: Not a scent I'll try again. On to the swap pile, Manly Oatmeal!

Edited by PixieSkull

Ok, yesterday, I'm thinking...here's one for my husband...Put it on him...whoa...what stinks! :D

He couldn't wash it off fast enough! And, I quote, " What the **ll is that? Dirty poo diapers? Did you not smell that before you put it on me?"

Of course, I did. It smelled musky, but not like that...man...now he's a little more leary of putting anything on.

I put some on next and although lighter in the "stank" department. The "poo" odor was still there. I was so surprised that in the imp it smelled so much different.

I smelled it again today, and I have to say that now I can smell it ever so slightly even in the imp. Yuck! Even just in a bit on a piece of paper.

In reading through the other reviews, I guess this is the civet. I will have to be on the lookout for that in the future to see if that is actually what is causing the "off" odors. One of the reasons that I have been accumulating a lot of imps is just for figuring out what notes don't work, so I will have a better idea in the future as new stuff comes out as to whether it will work or I will like it enough to buy it.

I am intrigued by the reviews that I have read that love it. I wish it were possible to trade noses and sniff what they sniff.

This the first BPAL I've tried that I absolutely do not like.

Rating: 0/5, do NOT open this bottle ever again! :P

This is the first scent I've ever tried with civet in and, oh no, civet really hates me!

This smells overwhelming of the dark musk in Smut that smells like BO as soon as it hits my skin, mixed with cow manure. I was distinctly reminded of when they spray the fields here with fresh dung to encourage growth. *gag*

So nasty on me but a surprisingly fun experiment with civet!

This imp is circulating as part of the General Catalogue Swap.

Patchouli and something in both the wet and dry stages. Dragon's Blood perhaps? Musky and heady. Lots of staying power.

A fave with the shoulder sniffers.

i'm not sure what to think of this one. in the imp its very warm and spicy, on wet its about the same. then it dries down to incense....not sure what kind though. its strange because the incense comes into your throat after initially smelling the spices, like licorice's sweetness after the bitter. on me it just kinda smells like a hippie store situated next to a bakery.

its also STRONG. i have 3 others on right now (i got my imps <3) and its overpowering them all. i'm not sure what civet smells like alone, but if thats the incense smell, then i know not to get anything with it :P it overpowers everything on me like sandalwood does. i kinda like this one. we'll see how it dries

Satyr - OH! I love it! It’s like Snake Oil on steroids. It’s got a deep, warm, exotic, spiciness about it, and I can’t stop sniffing my wrist! It’s got the perfect amount of throw – enough that people close to me can tell that I smell super hot’n’sexy, but not so much that people are smelling me before I enter the room. I could see this working really well on a man, too, but not just any man. I think it would take a somewhat non-traditional and slightly exotic man to carry off this scent well. It’s not one I’d wear for everyday occasions, but would wear it out at night, to spice up the night. Incredibly sexy, spicy, and sultry, Satyr is definitely a winner!

In the imp, this is a dark thick scent, redolent of red musk and what smells like civet. Once applied, the thick red musk scent dominates, and there’s a touch of civet in the background. This is a very warm scent. Sniffed from a distance, the red musk seems to dominate on me, whereas if I put my note to my skin, I get the civet. When I do that, it’s not bad, but much more animalistic and possibly even feral smelling. Bawdy is a perfect description. Sniffed from either far or close, it’s a warm, sensual scent, ever so slightly sweet. It’s not bad, maybe a bit too much for me, but I do like it. On just the right man, WOW!

i think Smut and Snake Oil are having an affair...

i wish i didn't know what civet is. or, rather, where it comes from. but i do, and i still sometimes like the scent. other times.... it is poo.

this... is Smut without the sweet, and Snake Oil without the baby powder... with an eensy bit of a cinnamony type spice.

i like it, but i can see where people get poo....

and i'm almost afraid to wear it, cuz what if that's what everyone else smelled, too.

*poUt*

In the bottle: Strong, spicy, and musky. It's a very in-your-face sort of scent, nothing subtle about this one at all.

Wet on the skin: Pretty much the same as in the imp, and man, is it strong. Just the tiniest dab on a wrist and people can smell it at twenty paces. Is that civet I can smell? I think so.

Drydown: The raw scent in the bottle breaks down a little, and you get get hints of different notes. There's a spicy/cinnamon sort of smell, as well as musk... It's still quite strong and... er... wild? I guess that's a good word for it. And then there's the livestock note. There is something about this blend that reminds me of a petting zoo...

Dry: Okay, defintely more petting zoo. :D I can defintely see the Satyr connection right now. And there's just a tiniest speck of something that reminds me of Loviatar. I can't quite place it, but I think it might be leather.

Overall: Defintely not for me. I could see that this would smell quite good on a guy, but even then the guy would have to wear juuuuust the smallest amount. I got a rather nasty headache from Satyr, that's how strong it was on me. Glad to have tried it, even more glad that it was a frimp. :P

It's a fun scent. I can definitely smell dark musk in here, and possibly patchouli, but I'm not sure. Spicy, and heavy, I'll keep my imp. :P

Yummy yum. To me this smells mostly like Scherezade with clove when it's wet -- kind of like an aggressive Scherezade. And it's a really dark brownish-red color, so of course I'm going to like it.

There's nothing soft or gentle about this scent. But even though it's dark, it's not a brooding darkness. It's kind of playful. If there is civet in this, that's okay with me because the Lab's civet note smells pretty good on me. Nothing like poo at all.

I ashamed to admit that I have about 4 imps of Satyr and I haven't given a single one to my husband yet because I like it so much. I just let him try it a few minutes ago for the first time, and it smells fabulous on him! Even better than on me. Rats. I guess he gets the imps.