Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fatalbellydance

Hunting for the ultimate _____ blend

I've been looking for the perfect pipe tobacco for some time now, and I finally found it, two hours into July '07 Thirteen. My problem being that, slathered, it's not strong enough, and I don't really want to wait two hours for gratification. Does anyone know of a blend that smells like this from the start?

I'm still on the hunt for the ultimate boy magnet without red musk or patchouli. Now there's a conundrum :P

Clove is supposed to be a boy magnet too.

I remember reading that study that mentioned pumpkin... but I think it was pumpkin pie, not just the big orange squash-relative itself. The spices in a pumpkin pie are cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice... and I think I've heard independently of cloves and cinnamon having aphrodisiac properties.

For myself, I'm looking for the ultimate peach. I've noticed a few BPAL blends that have a bit of peach, but it never seems to be described as a primary note. My favourite scent to wear up until now has been an old bottle of Fuzzy Peach eau de toilette from the Body Shop. It's just pure, single-note peach. I'd love to find something that has a lot of peach but also other things to make it more complex.

I'm still a BPAL virgin. :D I've ordered some stuff but it isn't here yet. I think a couple of the imps I'm getting have pear (like Titania) and plum (can't remember which, might have been Bordello).

Edited by Indefatigable

I'm still on the hunt for the ultimate boy magnet without red musk or patchouli. Now there's a conundrum :P

I remember reading that study that mentioned pumpkin... but I think it was pumpkin pie, not just the big orange squash-relative itself. The spices in a pumpkin pie are cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice... and I think I've heard independently of cloves and cinnamon having aphrodisiac properties.

For myself, I'm looking for the ultimate peach. I've noticed a few BPAL blends that have a bit of peach, but it never seems to be described as a primary note. My favourite scent to wear up until now has been an old bottle of Fuzzy Peach eau de toilette from the Body Shop. It's just pure, single-note peach. I'd love to find something that has a lot of peach but also other things to make it more complex.

I'm still a BPAL virgin. :D I've ordered some stuff but it isn't here yet. I think a couple of the imps I'm getting have pear (like Titania) and plum (can't remember which, might have been Bordello).

I love Al-shairan, but the peach plays a duet with spices in that one. If you can't find straight peach, perhaps you should try March Hare, it's apricot, straight sticky sweet juicy apricot.

I am on the search for the ultimate lilac. Of course, I'm very picky and have never really liked any lilac scent from any company I've tried. I want a lilac scent that smells like lilacs, not like a lilac perfume. *big sigh*

I'm also looking for the ultimate lilac. I tried Cordelia yesterday, which was a wonderful lemon-lilac, but now I'm wondering if I can find such a nice, strong, natural lilac somewhere else, maybe in a combination better than lemon.

i'm looking for the ultimate apple + mint scent. i can't decide what mint i would like most but i can't help dreaming about apple + pennyroyal.

I am on the search for the ultimate lilac. Of course, I'm very picky and have never really liked any lilac scent from any company I've tried. I want a lilac scent that smells like lilacs, not like a lilac perfume. *big sigh*

I'm also looking for the ultimate lilac. I tried Cordelia yesterday, which was a wonderful lemon-lilac, but now I'm wondering if I can find such a nice, strong, natural lilac somewhere else, maybe in a combination better than lemon.

You should try His Station and Four Aces, if you can find some. It's a gorgeous lilac blend - by far my favorite. Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree also has a really lovely lilac note, although it's maybe not quite as prominent as the lilac note in HS&FA. Also Villain (or possibly Whitechapel - I always get those two mixed up) is a great, slightly-masculine lilac. I'm pretty sure it's Villain I'm thinking of.

I'm still a BPAL virgin. :P I've ordered some stuff but it isn't here yet. I think a couple of the imps I'm getting have pear (like Titania) and plum (can't remember which, might have been Bordello).

You definitely need to try The Cup of Death! The notes are - Peach blossom and peach tree leaf, Mysore sandalwood, French lavender, bois du rose, myrtle, and blue yarrow.. I get a lot of peach (not just blossom, but actual, juicy peach, even though it's not listed) and lavendar/herbs, which is really gorgeous, imho.

I hope this doesn't sound too weird...

Patchouli + Cinnamon.

Yeah. This craving is the result of retrieving cinnamon bark for another one of my DIY Chai experiments fresh out of a Lush Tramp shower. It just... struck me. "*sniffsniff* Why is it that I am not the one smelling like this?"

Patchouli + Cinnamon.

Yeah. This craving is the result of retrieving cinnamon bark for another one of my DIY Chai experiments fresh out of a Lush Tramp shower. It just... struck me. "*sniffsniff* Why is it that I am not the one smelling like this?"

SIN. Best cinnamon and patchouli ever. It reminds me a bit of Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds, which seems to have some spice in it vs. Tramp's super-green patchouliness.

(If amber &/or sandalwood don't play nicely with you, it may not work, but otherwise... Sin is the ultimate. :P )

*glares at the word 'amber'*

Here's hoping. (Mmm. I do love me some Blue Skies!) Thank you!

*scribbles on to order list*

Edited by Lavada

Patchouli + Cinnamon.

If you don't mind some cherry in with it, Phantom Calliope goes there. The cherry fades a lot on me, after a while.

I've been looking for the perfect pipe tobacco for some time now, and I finally found it, two hours into July '07 Thirteen. My problem being that, slathered, it's not strong enough, and I don't really want to wait two hours for gratification. Does anyone know of a blend that smells like this from the start?

I haven't sniffed Thirteen, but if you like tobacco and coconut, you might like Perversion. It smells just like coconut-scented pipe tobacco, at least on me. It's also fairly strong and long-lasting.

hot desert sand....where on earth can I find such a note?

I believe Ozymandias is supposed to go there, I haven't tried it though.

Edited by fatalbellydance

Aglaea is golden amber and peach. LOTS of peach! It's really beautiful. La Vague (a Retail Exclusive salon blend) is also very strongly peachy, with a backrop of pretty florals. But personally, Aglaea is better on my skin.

I am looking for the ultimate honeysuckle blend!

Edited by PhantasmMysteria

I'm looking for the ultimate feminine pine scent. Most of them go really manly on me or have too many flowers.

I've been on the hunt for the perfect white floral for what feels like ages. I've tried Madeline, White Moon, White Phoenix, Asphodel, The Ghost, Languor, Prague, and many more that I can't remember right now. I think if I could mate the actual flowers in Languor with the freshness of Her Voice, I would have exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for the ultimate sweet rose blend. Actually I want a few of them, I'm dying for something that smells like vanilla rose, lemon rose and sugary candied rose. I've been thinking about Delirium for the lemony rose, but have no clues for the vanilla. I'm looking at Hope from the Hope/Faith set for the sugary rose, it sounds perfect! But I'd have to figure out how I feel about the violet in Faith first. Hmm...

The perfect HONEY blend. Without any fruits or flowers. I know I will never get single note honey without selling a first born, so I guess I will just have to wish...

hot desert sand....where on earth can I find such a note?

I believe Ozymandias is supposed to go there, I haven't tried it though.

Ozymandias was dry and beautiful, but somewhat perfume-y, not really what I'd associate with desert sand at all. The Ifrit has a "desert sand" note listed, but I haven't tried it yet.

Oh, I have to try Cordelia! I've been looking for lilac blends as well, now that the lilac bushes are in bloom and reminding me of how much I like the scent.

French Love smells a lot like lilac to me. I don't know if there's actually lilac in it, or if it's just the dragon's blood that turns to lilac on my skin or something, but it's lovely.

Anybody have a recommendation for a rose-incense fragrance? I love all resins, too. I'm still new to BPAL and haven't yet found "my" fragrance. My fav non-BPAL is Black Aoud by Montale. Anything come to mind?

I recommend Baghdad!

Earth and vanilla!

Also beeswax, I haven't found a blend yet that hasn't been overpoweringly floral *Waits for No. 93 engine to arrive*

The search for vanilla:

-I THOUGHT I found the vanilla in Death Cap, but the amber that came out after a few hours was just too much for me. The beginning was dead on.

-Black Lace is GORGEOUS but I really love it for the cognac.

-Black Opal was really bland on me, and I can usually wear aquatics.

-Snake Oil doesn't do it for me. I'm one of the few.

The search for earth:

-Zombi has rose in it which I just can't wear ever.

-Ulalume was close but the earthy part wears off too quickly.

-Again, Death Cap had a good beginning here (vanilla and dirt...mmmm) but the amber ruined it for me. *sigh*

ultimates I HAVE found:

Plum: Bordello

Chocolate: Bliss

Coconut: Obatala

Cinnamon: The Lion (even though there isn't really any cinnamon in it, I know.)

Incense: Midnight on the Midway

Cognac: Black Lace as mentioned above.

Tea Tweedledee

Vetiver: Death Adder

Lime: Shoggoth

Leather: Perversion

Edited by iiinterstate

For a rose-incense type I suggest Black Rose. It's lovely and I don't even really like rose. As far as vanilla goes, I love Tombstone. I know the name puts people off sometimes, but think Tombstone, Arizona! It's vanilla with cedar and I thinks it's awesome. Not sure about earth, maybe Graveyard Dirt.

Oooh, Shoggoth is a good lime, you say? I tried Mr Nancy recently, and while it's absolutely fantastic in its own right, it's not quite the ultimate lime I've been wanting. Are there any other limes you'd recommend?

Earth and vanilla!

Also beeswax, I haven't found a blend yet that hasn't been overpoweringly floral *Waits for No. 93 engine to arrive*

The search for vanilla:

-I THOUGHT I found the vanilla in Death Cap, but the amber that came out after a few hours was just too much for me. The beginning was dead on.

-Black Lace is GORGEOUS but I really love it for the cognac.

-Black Opal was really bland on me, and I can usually wear aquatics.

-Snake Oil doesn't do it for me. I'm one of the few.

The search for earth:

-Zombi has rose in it which I just can't wear ever.

-Ulalume was close but the earthy part wears off too quickly.

-Again, Death Cap had a good beginning here (vanilla and dirt...mmmm) but the amber ruined it for me. *sigh*

ultimates I HAVE found:

Plum: Bordello

Chocolate: Bliss

Coconut: Obatala

Cinnamon: The Lion (even though there isn't really any cinnamon in it, I know.)

Incense: Midnight on the Midway

Cognac: Black Lace as mentioned above.

Tea Tweedledee

Vetiver: Death Adder

Lime: Shoggoth

Leather: Perversion