Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A chilly, bright perfume: flurries of virgin snow, crisp winter wind and the faintest breath of night-blooming flowers.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :joy: :joy: :joy: Ahem.

2007 decant form the lovely evilmistressoftoast.

In the bottle: Chilled sugar cookie dough. :yum:

Wet on skin: Sugar, sugar, sugar! Cold and deep, with white florals . . . It's sweet but I couldn't possibly call it foody. When I first sniffed this I actually squealed out loud and pounded the chair I was sitting in I was so pleased. :lol:

Dry on skin: Goes a little Playdough-y for a few minutes, but not in a bad way. Then that fades and I'm startled by how precisely it smells like this pink cake icing I love to make. Precisely. :yum: It also smells just like what Snow White ought to smell like and at the same time reminds me a lot of Marie Antoinette, because the first time I made that icing was for a Marie Antoinette themed party. You know those pink candy balls in the Marie Antoinette movie? It smells just like you'd imagine those to smell. :yum:

Conclusion: OH MY FREAKING GOD I LOVE THIS. It really does smell just like icing, but really beautiful, deep, chilled icing. :lol: I'm off to buy a bottle. Or four. Or - *whoardes*

In the bottle, Snow White '07 is mixed florals with a little cold. On my skin, it's coconut cream. I'm not sure what's causing the morph but I'm willing to give Snow White another try before I give her up.

Snow White '07 is a bit cold and floral. On me it's a bit creamy, vanilla, coconut, some type of flower and it is cold. After a while it get a bit plastic but it's very, very faint. I was dying to try this and it was not what I expected. But it's really lovely and I like it. I'm going to purchase a bottle in my next order. :P

2007 Version

Well apparently Snow White is different on everyone. I never thought it would work on me because florals and Teggy don't mix. I was pleasantly surprised when I put it on at will-call and it still smelled like flowers (not soap or sweet gook) upon drydown. Golly...I had to get me a bottle!

I don't think of Snow White as being "chilly" at all. To me it's "soft and green" like flower stems. For such a light scent, I was very surprised that it lasted so long with decent throw. Heh, who knew?

I just got my 2007 Mirror Mirror pack and am loving Rose Red and Peacock Queen beyond description. Not so lucky with Snow White. With the description being of snow and florals...I was really caught off guard when I opened the bottle and a giant almond hit me. Even though I had read the reviews, the strength of the almond was just so overwhelming. I got no coconut or florals at all. It was all almond (which I don't like) and when it dried, it was semi-sweet plastic almonds. The scent held on for a good long time though. Beautiful scent description, and if it came out on my skin as snow and flowers, I'd be all over it. But sadly...no. I guess that's one more bottle for the Snow White lovers.

Edited by gloom & doom bear

Snow White 2007

In bottle: plastic smell, and coconut (almond ?).

Wet: still getting plastic.

Dry: wow! now I smell a soft, creamy vanilla and coconut/almond. . .and something fresh (mint? snow?).

verdict: I wasn't so sure about this, but I love it! Definitely getting another bottle.

SNOW WHITE 07

In Bottle: Candied berries and light florals

On Skin: Snow White has always been my favorite of the traditional BPAL Yule blends. It is just pure happiness. It is so sweet and soft, so feminine and pretty. This years formula stays true to form and I can’t tell the difference between the previous years blends. The berries are warm and powdery, sweet like candy. The blooms are hearty yet coated in sugar, and the snow is light, just a sprinkle starting to melt under the winter afternoon sun. A blend that is both warm and chill in feel. No matter when I smell Snow White, I am instantly put in a good mood and feel like it’s the Christmas season. Love it, love it, love it! I can never get bored of Snow White. Light to medium throw and average wearlength.

This smelled like creamy ick when wet - I can't describe it much better, because I would sniff my wrist and recoil. Once it was dry, it morphed into Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp, a.k.a. a very creamy vanilla mint. It was also quite strong - I could smell it even when my wrist was nowhere near my face, and it drowned out the Christmas scents I'd been testing on my other arm. But yes, Snow White = vanilla mint.

A huge Thank You to Beth for bringing Snow White back!! If I could only get one scent from the Yule update it would be her. This year's version is as lovely as the previous ones, sweet almondy confectionary yum grounded by the most delicious spiciness. I am so glad that I can stock up without breaking the bank! The '04 version is my most treasured oil, matched only by Snake Charmer and Boomslang. If I only had those three oils, I'd still be one happy fangirl. :P

Layered with LUSH Snowcake, I smell like an angel!

NOTHING like I was expecting! I get straight up pina colada, so this scent doesn't evoke snow or winter ... just summer drinks.

bottle: like a sort of super-sweet coconut floral. not what i was expecting in the least.

wet: this really smells like coconut and almond flowers. like if the flowers were growing right out of the nuts themselves. i don't know how else to describe this scent.

dry: finally the nuttiness has faded to leave a very clean floral scent. what a morph! interesting enough to keep.

(this is for the 2007 version)

This is a HUGE surprise. Perhaps because it was in a set with Peacock Queen and Rose Red I somehow expected to get roses from this.

Oh my, WHAT a surprise. This is SO strange. In turn it's smelled like marzipan, cake icing, coconut and now it's dried down the florals are coming out.

It's the epitome of the word "White". There are no other colours in this blend whatsoever. And, while it's rather faint and never amps up, it does last. And it's really quite unbelievably gorgeous. I've never really smelled anything like it before, I don't think.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting a second bottle of this. At the moment I'm thinking yes, but we'll see. It might be just a little TOO sweet and light for me. But it is gorgeous.

This is... strange.

I've been wary of this one since I've discovered that pretty much anything with "snow", "ice", or "frost" makes me utterly nauseous and is a migraine trigger. (Sidenote: WalMart has a liquid potpourri named "Frost". I was a bit surprised to discover that it has the EXACT SAME effect on me. At least now I know that it's more universal, and not just the BPAL. :P )

So I tentatively opened the imp for this one (decant from a circle. Yay! :D ) and took a quick sniff. "Hmm... coconut? Wait... there's no snow in this!"

After putting it on, I still find it hard to describe... it's not quite vanilla and not quite coconut and not quite almond, but it's like a faint congolmeration fo the three. Someone else mentioned a frozen pina colada, and I can almost agree with that... except it's more like a Pina Colada Shaved Ice, with extra vanilla cream.

Unfortunately, it seems to be fading very quickly for me.

--M

Snow White

In the bottle, I couldn't smell it AT ALL. I had to ask for a second opinion about that - and they couldn't smell it either. Weird.

On skin, all coconut. I get none of the snow or coolness that I'd expect from a snowy blend. Like Pottersville said, it's like summery drinks on my skin. Unfortunately, Snow White is not a winner for me. :P

In the bottle, this smells like Snow-Flakes to me. Except without the mint. Whatever the non-mint part of Snow-Flakes was.

Wet, on my skin, I get a white sweetness. It's sort of indefinable, actually, but it definitely smells like Snow-Flakes to me without the sweet mint. It's sweet and white and powdery, not cloying. A second-skin scent on me, and not cold at all. It smells warm on me. Warm and sweet.

As it dries, it stays sweet and lovely. It doesn't change much on me. It's just perfection. It might edge out Lucy Westenra and Alice for the most "me" scent I've found.

This is too pretty. It's soft and warm and white, sort of...glowing, almost. I was walking through a soft snowfall this morning inside my warm wooly coat, big fat snowflakes catching on my eyelashes. This smells exactly how that feels. It's beautiful, and this might be another that I have to find a second bottle of. :P

I tried an earlier version of this, and it didn't do much for me at the time, but now I've tried 2007.

Wow. Just...wow.

It is simultaneously warm and chilly, soft and snowy. There's vague wafts of white flowers, coconut, vanilla, and sugar that blend together into a gorgeous, indescribable whole. This is absolutely amazing, and I will be stocking up before it melts away.

I just got this in my Mirror Mirror three-pack. I'm not a big "foodie", so I knew it was a risk. One sniff, immediately : PLAY-DOH. I shoved the bottle under my sister's snout and said "what does this smell like?" Her answer: PLAY-DOH. I don't think I can bear to even touch this to my skin, it is so narsty.

But I hear people like it. Really really like it. Guess I need to go figure out how to work a swap or something...

This is my first BPAL Yule, and I was very excited about the Mirror Mirror pack.

Like others who ordered Snow White, I was expecting a cold floral. Indeed, cold floral is what I get when whiffing from the bottle. But on my skin, it is a soft milky almond scent, not quite "foodie" but not recognizably floral, either. It is just gorgeous with my chemistry. The first time my boyfriend smelled it on me, he said it "smells like [my] fresh clean skin, but better." And I love that. I really look for scents that are not recognizable as product; that is, I want people to say "Mmmm, you smell good" rather than "Your perfume smells good." Snow White accomplishes this perfectly.

I just placed an order for another bottle. :P

I have been very curious for years about the lore of Snow White and now the legend is finally here, sitting on my counter full of sweet promises :P

In the bottle I sense some playdoh but it is good playdough - playdough made of angels, you might add.

Wet on skin: Cool and creamy with a hint of berries, flowers and marzipan - very feminine and subtle.

Drying and beyond: Sweet mother of all spicyness and creamyness this is nectar from the gods - not an oil I would normally wear at all, but this is oh so good, stardust and magic.

I think I am in love!

Wet, Snow White has that hint of plastic that several of my ultimately loved scents have, so I've learned to overlook it for a minute.

Then there's a soft, green coconut smell, like real, off-the-tree coconut, not "here's yer bottled coconut oil of the shelf".

Within minutes, a green-wood hint and some mellow mint comes out. This lasts well on me, and it's such a pure, innocent fragrance, with a touch of masculinity in the wood and mint (maybe foreshadowing loss of innocence).

Without my contacts or glasses, I got a good look at the label (astigmatism is better than a magnifying glass) and was surprised about how, um...pervy it looked. The lettering makes one dwarf look like a cigarette is hanging out of his mouth as he's contemplating putting his hand under her skirt.

I like this very much and this may not be my last bottle.

Add me to those who get a play-doh smell initially---marzipan play-doh. I asked my 4 1/2 year old son what it smelled like and he said, "Clay." :P It truly is a good play-doh smell, though, as Dark Sparkle mentioned. Luckily it doesn't stay on top and pretty much fades and lets the true scent develop. If you could make snow from fresh coconut and almond milks plus moist, freshly grated coconut meat, this would be it. It's got that cool frozen feel to it and I could swear I smell a hint of pineapple that has been dried and pounded into a sweet powder with little or no tartness left. Snow White is both warm and cool/frozen, milky, creamy and fresh. I don't get any mint but it feels brisk like mint if that makes any sense.

ETA:

The other day I put on just the teeniest bit of Snow White and smelled white musk. Normally I slather and that's when I get the concentrated play-doh smell so I'm wondering if putting on a scant amount lets the soft powdery musk come to the forefront for a little bit?

Edited by HappyLoveJoy

Darn't all to heck.

I've been waiting to try Snow White for a long time, but over the past couple of years it seemed impossible to get my hands on a decant of it. Based on the descriptions, and it's popularity, I was hoping this would be the sweet, icy coconut floral of my dreams.

Instead, from the moment it is on my skin I get spastic plastic almond syrup with a hint of coconut, and no florals. I waited out the scent for a couple of hours, hoping it would morph into something wonderful, but instead it hung out being plasticky, like if Tokyo Stomp was thrown out in the snow. This was very reminiscent of stomp. There is some vanilla mint note in both that just will not calm down and cooperate. Alas I seem to have that chemistry that just doesn't work with this scent.

Which is strange, because I love coconut, vanilla and almond. I love Dana o' Shee, for example. I guess I will leave Snow White to those of you who are blessed to smell the goodness in the scent.

Edited by Ohmaude

Snow White 2007

In the imp, this is very light - there's a hint of flowers under that snow scent. How does the Lab do it?

On the skin, this is so soft - like being wrapped in a fur coat on a cold night. It smells like snow and wind.

When it's dry, the flowers have come out and lent a really nice, light, sweetness - it smells almost like honeysuckle. Really lovely.

I won't lie, I have more of a fondness for Snow-Flakes, but someone told me Snow White was similar so I thought a bottle of the stuff would suit me fine. In the bottle it indeed smells a lot like Snow-Flakes, for me the difference is that I can smell coconut from Snow White. Wet on my skin it smells like urine. Eww. Dry that... special note thankfully completely fades away (thank the gods) and I'm left with a creamy and ever so slightly dry woodsy scent with a hint of coconut. It's actually pretty damn good and even my boyfriend liked it (without even having to ask for his opinion first, that doesn't happen often!) though for me it's still a little on the perfumey side.

I smelled some Snow White from 04 at a meet-n-sniff and it was wondeful so I was sure that I would love her new incarnation. In the imp Snow White 07 is clean and coconutty. I had some very high hopes.

On the skin Snow White is all coconut on me. There is a little bit of a Barbie smell. This must be what others are describing as plasticy. Gosh, that coconut really overpowers everything else.

Hours later it smells just very clean and well blended.

Final verdict: I actually like Dana O'Shee a whole lot more. SW isn't bad at all, it's just not what I was expecting. Perhaps layered with other fragrances like rose or something, this could be much nicer. Personally I think I will stock up on DOS instead.