Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A chilly, bright perfume: flurries of virgin snow, crisp winter wind and the faintest breath of night-blooming flowers.

Honeysuckle suntanlotion! Sweet and tasty - smells like something yummy to eat!!!
This is actually very warm and sugary on me. Not what I expected but def. a PLUS!!

For the 08 version

The 09 is almost identical to this one, although this one seems to be a little more sweet and has more staying power. It has less of the "plastic" note everyone talks about, that reminds me of lush's snowcake.

Edited by doublehelix

I loved Snow Flakes, I mean fall in deep deep love almost sensual love kind. It was my go to sleep scent, and with Snow Flakes gone the following year I was looking for something to return to. Snow white fits the bill and how. It's a super sweet, super girly perfume that ages wonderfully. The Lily musk and vanilla are tempered with the cremey. This is one of my top 10 Scents, and one I cannot see myself being without it. It's just that good. If you are into bpal, you have to at least try this scent. It's perfection.

This is the 07' Blend.

Edited by Deiicide

Snow White 2008 gives me this sweet, tingly 'cold' feeling when I sniff my wrists...

Not good at describing this aptly, but everytime I think I don't like it that much afterall, the next time I smell it, I like it better and the cycle continues so you can imagine how my liking for it increases everytime.

Now I'm slapping my forehead on why did I convince myself I didn't need another bottle last release?

Hope to see this release again...

Then I can get back-up :wub2:

Snow White 2009

Fresh: It smelled like coconut with wisps of white florals on the edge. On the skin, it turned into a coconut with hints of vanilla that bordered on plastic.

Aged a bit: Much better. Vanilla with hints of white floral and snow all around. I can see why it's so popular, but it's something that definitely needs some aging before it can be worn.

I don't know why I thought there was apple in this one (getting it confused with Snow, Glass, Apples, I assume). It's coconutty at first, but then changes to a very soft, vanilla-like scent that definitely evocative of snow. Snow White 05 on one wrist and 08 on the other – they smell basically the same. Or at least, my nose can't tell the minute differences they may have. 08 is slightly sharper than 05, and has more throw.

Snow White 2005

For me, Snow White 2005 isn´t a scent for the wintertime. It is a sweet, floral, bright and feminine summer scent. On my skin I can get coconut and vanilla.

09 version

Its a crisp clean smell in the bottle, Scotch tape with Lily in the background. Lily is a death scent on me, it always turns to sour piss ((damn my chemistry)) I know to stay away from scents that have this in it. But I got a sniffie & have to give it the benefit of the doubt.

wet- Plasticy, sweet, crisp and lily-o-death. I am not hopeful this is going to go over well on me.

drydown- Stinky floral. I don't smell anything but burning plastic & lily. Wtf is burning??? This is sooo bad on me I have to wash it off. I cannot tough it out long enough to do the "later" review.

I can see how this would smell awesome on other people. But this is NOT for me. :(

final 1/5

Edited by Fetish911

I have two versions, '07 and '08.

The '07 version:

In bottle: Something floral, and sharp. I'm *almost* getting an apple vibe from it?

Wet on skin: Floral and chilly and sharp almost metallic.

Dry on skin: This softens into something totally extraordinary on me. I love it. Now I can smell a bit of vanilla? No apple at all anymore. Chilly white florals, vanilla and 100% delicious.

The '08 version:

In bottle: Softer than the '07. Vanilla?

Wet on skin: Again softer and I can definitely smell some vanilla.

Dry on skin: It's like '07's little sister. I Snow White ages really well and the '08 will grow up to be just as beautiful as her older sister.

Sweet, iced almonds with an undertone of creamy florals. Another recent try for me that makes me wonder how I lived without it. Absolutely stunning.

09 Version aged 6 months

I really only get three notes from this one, vanilla, coconut and almond. On a good day I smell like coconut ice, on a bad one like some kind of fuel (almond does that on me). Not at all anything reminiscent of Snow White unfortunately. To be honest this smells like a lotion scent or something you'd find in a bar of soap. Doesn't come into the category of perfume for me.

Glad I've only got a 5ml because I can use it all up pretty quickly and be done with it. I can seriously see how this can turn to play-doh on some people. If almond isn't your friend then Snow White won't be either.

Edited by HamletsKeeper

This quickly became one of my favourite scents.

On, there's a coconutty note, and a crisp, cool note, and a slightly tart note, that like others have said, could *almost* be apple (which would be appropriate to the scent's name).

The playdoh note is somewhat present and is more pronounced on the skin, so maybe its a chemistry thing.

I don't get any floral notes from this, and if they're there, they're very sweet and subdued.

This one is a huge compliment drawer.

Reviewing '08.

Snow White is one of my favorite scents. The ice and crisp notes are beautiful and chilling, but there is something warm and soft about this scent as well. Like others have noted, I get a hint of vanilla and light florals underneath all that snow and cold. :) It's crisp yet comforting - a unique and beautiful blend!

This scent is amazing, and impossible to describe. Cool but warm, vanilla but tinged with something....else. I have no idea what it is, but it smells GOOD. Instant favorite. :wub2:

This is the 2007 version.

ETA: I agree with the other posters, it's COCONUT!! I couldn't put my finger on it but that is definitely what I am smelling. This fragrance is a definite winner.

Edited by talula_fairie

I tried a decant of Snow White back in 2006 (I'm not sure which vintage it was) and got nothing but plastic air from it, yet I kept thinking I *must* be missing something since it's always so popular. After seeing Tiki Princess (which I love!) get compared to Snow White by so many I jumped at the chance to try her again. This is the 2009 version, and I can actually smell something from it this time! It's almost all almond at first but I am getting more and more of a chilly lily/cold note emerging the longer it dries. Very pretty! Almond notes can go funny on me, so I'll give this another run to be sure, but if it stays as nice as it is now I'll be rooting for it to come back for Yule 2010.

Thank you to the lovely dixiehellcat for sending me these decants! :wub2:

2008 version

I get a mixture of coconut and vanilla, with maaaaybe a little bit of sweet mint in the background. I think I'm getting a bit of creamy white floral, as well, but I can't quite place which flower it is that I'm smelling.

2009 version

This smells very different from the 2008 version. Where '08 had coconut snow, the '09 has clean, linen-y snow with a little vanilla, a little sweet mint, and again, white florals. It's weird, I'm also getting something really..crisp. Like almonds, but not. Or apples, without an obvious apple scent. Just that crispness that accompanies apples.

Both scents do smell chilly, and I love them both, for different reasons! Hopefully Snow White will make another return this year so I can get a bottle!

Edited by plainjean

I don't know which version I have and I have a wee-half imp of it...

Not my favourite.. I smell coconut, and vanilla, and the flowers...and something.. playdough/plastic... it's so cloying and kind of sweet-but-not-in-a-sweet way that every time I have tried this (and I have tried to love it, several times now) it makes me want to wash it off right away. If I leave it on, eventually it starts giving me a headache.

Unfortunately not for me and I think I will give up the testing and just let it go. We were not meant to be, Snow White and me.

Snow White 2010- Of all the years Snow White was done, the only one I haven't tried is '05. My absolute favorite has been '07 because it lasts forever and the soft, lily musk (I think that's what Beth uses in this) is the best. This year's has the potential to become that good. It's stronger than the last two years and warms up sooner if that makes any sense. So, because I'm down to a quarter bottle of '07, I'll have to hoard this one and add a few bottles to every order I place until it's gone. That's what you do when a scent is your signature scent. So much love! :wub2: :wub2:

2009 Version

When I first got my decant of this, I could not see what all the fuss was about. It was all plasticky play-doh in the imp and on my skin. I was very disappointed because it was my first exposure to Snow White and all the hype had me really excited to try this blend.

However a month or two ago, I randomly decided to pull it out and give it another shot, just to see. And this blend... omg... IT IS AMAZING. It is a very smooth, delicate, barely-there vanilla and floral scent that is noticeable but not cloying, over the top or in your face. The thing that amazes me most about Snow White is that Beth has somehow managed to capture the very essence of the coldness and desolation of winter, but also, winter's striking austere beauty.

This scent is also very much a morpher in the best way possible. The longer I wear it, the richer and more beautiful it becomes on my skin. I'm interested in seeing how the 2010 blend compares because I've ordered a bottle to put away for storing! :wub2:

I just got the 2010 version this weekend:

IMP: It smells exactly how I would imagine a scent named Snow White to smell - crisp apple notes with a distinct chilly smell. It really does smell like an apple sitting in a bank of snow. Crisp, light and innocent. I had my husband smell it without telling him the name of it and he said it smelled of "Snowflakes and apples".

WET: As soon as the oil touched my skin, it morphed into a rather odd and somewhat unpleasant scent at first. It became very musty and musky smelling. Almost dusty. The apple notes went a little sour and the crisp chilly snow disappeared.

DRY: After letting it dry, the apple notes returned, though I'm still not getting that snowy scent that I liked in the IMP. It settled into more an earthy smell on me. Kinda like the Apothecary oil, but with a strong apple note leading the way. There's a slight vanilla musk note in the background that gives it a faint winter smell, though I'm not catching any of these night-blooming flowers in the description.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: It's a bit earthier than I was hoping for, but that being said I do like earthy scents. The apple is strong and crisp enough to give it a light, fresh zest to it. Still happy that I got it.

Snow White 2010:

Well... This wasn't anything like I thought it would be at all. I thought for sure it would be something I like from reading all the reviews but I'm getting that "plastic" note that other people have found in this blend. You know, it's not even quite "plastic" but it's very close to it. I'm wondering if this is the "snow" note in the blend that's feeling like plastic. Other than that, I'm getting a very nice vanilla with a minor almost "not there" hint of florals. If the "plastic" wasn't there, this would be something enjoyable. The longer it stays on my skin, the less "plastic" like it gets. Unfortunately, it is still lingering there under the surface. People say this blend ages very nicely, so maybe I'll check back on it in a couple of months and see what happens.

2010 Version

This was surprisingly sweet on me. I was expecting it to be more cool and wintery, but the impression I get from this is fresh fruit in spring, or maybe apple slices with vanilla icing. I don't see apple listed in the notes, but I'm guessing that's what I'm smelling as many others seem to be picking it up. I don't get any plastic or dirt notes, but this is very much too sweet for me. I like sweet scents, but I don't necessarily want to smell like food, so I'll pass on a bottle of this one.

I reviewed the 03, 04, and 05 versions (I think) of this a long time ago, and now I have a decant of the 10 version. As far as I can tell, it pretty much smells the same. Kind of a soft creamy light floral. As far as I can recall -- that squat little green bottle is long gone -- the 03 version of Snow White was my favorite of all the ones I tried. So I'm sure it ages well.

I keep trying this because it keeps sounding like something I should like, but I don't wear it. It has an odd sort of plastic scent to it that I sometimes get from either some kind of coconut note or whatever the Lab's "cream" note is. My husband said it smells like play-doh. I keep trying to like Snow White, but it keeps not working for me.

2010 Version:

I'm so glad that I've FINALLY tried Snow White. I dabbed a bit of it on the back of my hand today before going to an ATM. Immediately I started catching wafts of a sweet, musky, light...vanilla? No, not quite. Cream? Coconut? No, neither of those either...

When I press my hand against my nose, I can catch a faint hint of apples, oddly enough. I can't put my finger on what that beautiful scent is, but I know that I love it!