Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
girl_android

Recs for Diesel Green: Masculine?

Hi all,

I was going to go and buy another replacement bottle of Diesel Green: Masculine for DH, as his third (? I've lost count!) bottle looks like it's going to hit the bottom soon, but basenotes.net is listing Diesel Green: Masculine as discontinued ... I'm figuring, while it's still available-ish (I still see it in the perfume discounter stores online and out in the shops), I may as well try to find a BPAL match ...

Notes for Diesel Green: Masculine are:

Top notes: fresh aromatic ginger and lime.

Middle notes: floral orange blossom, orris, carnation, rose, cinnamon and jasmin.

Base notes: cedarwood, musk, amber, sandalwood and vanilla.

Now, I've seen other descriptions that include jasmine, sea rose, orchid, ginger, Canadian fir, geranium, OR orange, mandarin, bergamot, cardamon, pimento, star anise, and I can't find the original description on diesel's website...

I had a play with searches earlier, and thought maybe Villain (although there's lavender in that...), or Whitechapel may fit the bill, but the whole lavender thing kind of scares me off. I have tried Dorian, which I like on me, but (at least in soap form) I don't think is a good fit for DH.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (:

I'm not terribly good at recommending scents based on commercial perfumes/colognes (especially as I haven't smelled this one), but I wanted to say, don't discount Whitechapel. It's heavy on the lime, and only some lilac comes through on me, and I don't think there's lavender in it at all.

Also, The Bow and Crown of Conquest might work well - the base notes match, and there's some floral (carnation) to round it out a bit. Besides, it's one of my favourites. :P Also, Ave Maria Gratia Plena might work too. The downside is none of these have the lime/ginger top notes.

Since the Diesel has carnation, I wouldn't let the lavender rule out Villain- I don't think it's that strong in there, and I think both carnation and lavender are nice kind of spicy-florals for men. (Yup, I am fully prepared to be trouted for comparing the two.)

Maybe War, for ginger? I really fell for it as soon as I tried it, and I think it would be nice on a fella.

Sign in to follow this