Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
StormtrooperPrincess

Recs for Role-Playing Games (RPG), LARP and Cosplay

Whoo cosplay bump for Otakon!

I need recommendations for the following;

1.) Orihime Inoue from Bleach

2.) Priestess Rao from Okami (I'm currently using Kitsune-Tsuki)

3.) 50's diner waitress-turned-zombie

4.) Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing

5.) Ariel from The Little Mermaid (in human dress)

6.) Dante from Devil May Cry

Thoughts?

For the Zombie, I know it's obvious, but maybe Zombie Apocalypse? I found it to be kind of fruity in an unnerving way.

I need help thinking of a scent for a character I'm coming up with. She's a doppelganger (shape shifting fey) who has lived a good chunk thinking she was actually the person she was shape-shifted as for some reason. She's an artist, and after she finds out what she really is, she kind of...designs new forms for her to try out using her skill at art. I'm hoping for something slightly 'fey' with some absent-minded artist thrown in, but hopefully without florals because I hate those. XD

A thread like this exists? Hooray! Maybe you lovely people can help me find a scent for my D&D character!

He is a goblin by the name of Grixis Geargrinder, The Chosen One, The King of the Goblin Mountain, the Creator of Realms, the Tamer of Beasts, the Wielder of Magic and the Master of Illusion, and probably more titles I'm forgetting about right now (he has more than Daenerys Targaryen). He is a rogue illusionist, and way way way chaotic. He has a castle made entirely of ruby, atop a mountain inhabited, within and without, by goblins who have finally accepted him as their king; he also created (well, more like discovered) a realm within mirrors that only goblins can access. He is obsessed with dinosaurs and has two dinosaur familiars, a velociraptor named Grumkin and a pterodactyl named Snark. He is infamous for smearing blood across his cheeks like war paint, and for dropping his pants to remind his friends that HE'S A BOY (since I myself am actually a girl, they often refer to Grixis as a she).

Sadly, the RPG series does not (yet? poke poke Lab) have a Goblin. And the other Goblin does not at all smell like what a goblin should smell like. Not that I want something completely realistic, because it would probably smell like poop and blood and raw meat, but something at least symbolically goblinesque would be nice.

I'm thinking perhaps Creature Feature as a "natural goblin skin" base. Chaotic should probably be one ingredient, but I don't think Rogue or Mage will work for him; Rogue because he doesn't wear leather, and Mage because it's way too pretty.

Any other suggestions?

ETA: This is my 1337th post. :cool:

Edited by imaginepageant

Skekung the Garthim Master?: Vetiver, smoke, steel, and dragon's blood resin.

When the CD comes back, maybe The Chapel (if he drinks wine), or the Grand Inquisitor's Turning Fork

LE:

halloweenie:

The Hell-Gate of Ireland (Smoldering brimstone, bitter labdanum, clove, black musk, and copper-colored feathers.) No blood, but it does have a cave/ sulpher hot springs vibe that might be appropriate

LE:

The Rending of the Rock (Doom unfettered, the ruin of hope: the tattered remains of Gelgja, smashed stone, feral grey musk, and blackened blood.) I haven't tried this but it might work.

The Three Cocks (Red musk and belladonna blossom for Hel’s red rooster, amber and copal for Gullinkambir, and pimento-soaked red clove for Fialar.)

I need help thinking of a scent for a character I'm coming up with. She's a doppelganger (shape shifting fey) who has lived a good chunk thinking she was actually the person she was shape-shifted as for some reason. She's an artist, and after she finds out what she really is, she kind of...designs new forms for her to try out using her skill at art. I'm hoping for something slightly 'fey' with some absent-minded artist thrown in, but hopefully without florals because I hate those. XD

So apparently to me, "absent-minded fey artist" says "sparkly and flitting! And fruit!" because here's what I thought of:

Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel: Polycarbonate and metallic film monuments to domestic whimsy, whirling merrily in the summer breeze. Raspberry, lime, blueberry, tangerine, lemon, juniper, and white grape.

Schroedinger's Cat: A paradoxical scent experiment! - tangerine, sugared lime, pink grapefruit, oakmoss, lavender, zdravetz, and chocolate peppermint.

Getting away from the fruits a little, I considered:

Mag Mell: The Plane of Joy, eternal reward for a lifetime of valor and glory. A place of eternal youth and beauty, strength and honor, music and revelry. The warmth of amber, the puissance of white ginger and the clarity of verbena, with fresh green grass, lush sage and cleansing droplets of summer rain.

Imaginer: A report from the land of dreams: honeyed patchouli, Madagascan black pepper, fossilized amber oil, beeswax absolute, massoia bark, Egyptian myrrh, and a thin thread of blood-red saffron.

And of course, these based mostly on the names:

A Fit of Artistic Enthusiasm: Electric jolts of mania: a salt-crusted coffin bobbing through tumultuous ocean.

Who in the World Am I: Sheer vanilla, hinoki wood, lavender, bergamot, cotton blossom, and lightly spiced oriental blossoms.

A thread like this exists? Hooray! Maybe you lovely people can help me find a scent for my D&D character!

He is a goblin by the name of Grixis Geargrinder, The Chosen One, The King of the Goblin Mountain, the Creator of Realms, the Tamer of Beasts, the Wielder of Magic and the Master of Illusion, and probably more titles I'm forgetting about right now (he has more than Daenerys Targaryen). He is a rogue illusionist, and way way way chaotic. He has a castle made entirely of ruby, atop a mountain inhabited, within and without, by goblins who have finally accepted him as their king; he also created (well, more like discovered) a realm within mirrors that only goblins can access. He is obsessed with dinosaurs and has two dinosaur familiars, a velociraptor named Grumkin and a pterodactyl named Snark. He is infamous for smearing blood across his cheeks like war paint, and for dropping his pants to remind his friends that HE'S A BOY (since I myself am actually a girl, they often refer to Grixis as a she).

Sadly, the RPG series does not (yet? poke poke Lab) have a Goblin. And the other Goblin does not at all smell like what a goblin should smell like. Not that I want something completely realistic, because it would probably smell like poop and blood and raw meat, but something at least symbolically goblinesque would be nice.

I'm thinking perhaps Creature Feature as a "natural goblin skin" base. Chaotic should probably be one ingredient, but I don't think Rogue or Mage will work for him; Rogue because he doesn't wear leather, and Mage because it's way too pretty.

Any other suggestions?

GC:

Black Annis - A mixture of damp cave lichen and oak leaf with a hint of vetiver, civet and anise.(I'm planning on trying this for my kobold sorcerer)

Azathoth - tangerine, saffron, vetiver, black amber and cedarwood.

Bloodlust - Dragon’s blood essence, heavy red musk, Indonesian patchouli and swarthy vetiver with a drop of cinnamon.

Czernobog - A combination of three musks, with splashes of dark myrrh, vetiver and mullein.

Sloth - Vetiver over Black Myrrh

Troll - vetiver, pine pitch, troll musk, black basil, clove smoke, and scorched cumin.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm feeling the Vetiver for him.

So apparently to me, "absent-minded fey artist" says "sparkly and flitting! And fruit!" because here's what I thought of:

Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel: Polycarbonate and metallic film monuments to domestic whimsy, whirling merrily in the summer breeze. Raspberry, lime, blueberry, tangerine, lemon, juniper, and white grape.

Schroedinger's Cat: A paradoxical scent experiment! - tangerine, sugared lime, pink grapefruit, oakmoss, lavender, zdravetz, and chocolate peppermint.

Getting away from the fruits a little, I considered:

Mag Mell: The Plane of Joy, eternal reward for a lifetime of valor and glory. A place of eternal youth and beauty, strength and honor, music and revelry. The warmth of amber, the puissance of white ginger and the clarity of verbena, with fresh green grass, lush sage and cleansing droplets of summer rain.

Imaginer: A report from the land of dreams: honeyed patchouli, Madagascan black pepper, fossilized amber oil, beeswax absolute, massoia bark, Egyptian myrrh, and a thin thread of blood-red saffron.

And of course, these based mostly on the names:

A Fit of Artistic Enthusiasm: Electric jolts of mania: a salt-crusted coffin bobbing through tumultuous ocean.

Who in the World Am I: Sheer vanilla, hinoki wood, lavender, bergamot, cotton blossom, and lightly spiced oriental blossoms.

Oh, these are all interesting! Fruits tend to go odd on me though...but oakmoss always smells lovely. Hmmm. Anything more mossy, now that I think about it? Thank you!

Any other suggestions?

Reptoid Dominion or Al Azif?

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

The Rending of the Rock (Doom unfettered, the ruin of hope: the tattered remains of Gelgja, smashed stone, feral grey musk, and blackened blood.) I haven't tried this but it might work.

Definitely have to try this! Smashed stone could work for the goblin mountain, Grixis has grey skin, and the blood, well... he's always covered in blood. ETA: Reviews say vetiver. Nooooooooooo!

In case you couldn't tell, I'm feeling the Vetiver for him.

Sadly, vetiver is my doomiest of doom notes, and sort of makes me want to throw up. :(

Reptoid Dominion or Al Azif?

Ooh, I wish I still had some Reptoid Dominion. That would be perfect for all the dinosaur pheromones he's probably got all over him!

Edited by imaginepageant