Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
StormtrooperPrincess

Recs for Role-Playing Games (RPG), LARP and Cosplay

If anyone is familiar with World of Warcraft, I wonder what your suggestions would be for The Forsaken race, in particular, my character.

She's a mage, plays both fire and arcane. Being Forsaken, she is of course, undead. But I always imagined her character to be more of an earthy, slightly decaying scent, rather than all out death and rot. I figure, with all their experiments, the Undead must have found -something- to keep them from smelling so... ripe. Her personality is overall pretty happy-go-lucky, but also dark. She has an enormous power that she is most willing to use if called for. In some ways, she wants to fit in and be accepted, but in other ways, she is happy being unique and on her own.

I'm thinking something firey or uhh, spark-y. Electric-y? With maybe something earthy but hints of death or graves or something kinda sinister like that, but also with a sense of adventure.

I plan on getting some more imps, so more than one scent is perfectly fine. Here's a few pics if you think a visual might be helpful.

[Link 1] [Link 2] [Link 3] [Link 4]

So I'm doing a male rendition of Final Fantasy's traditional white mage (healer) job class for cosplay. I want to get an early start, and get my scented oil out of the way.

What comes to mind when you think of healers?

Hmmm. Here's what popped into my head when I read your post. All of these can be "healer" scents to me, but of course YMMV:

Sea of Glass: Upon the Sea of Glass, glowing with the perfection of spiritual union and the radiance of true wisdom, rests the throne of God. A scent of inimitable purity, crystalline grace, and limitless light.

I get a slightly feminine, very calm aquatic from this. It's clear crystal water, with some sort of smooth floral, perhaps lily of the valley. While it is, as I said, slightly feminine, I think most guys could pull it off too. ;)

Veil: A quiet scent, soft, calm and enigmatic. A perfume of mystery, of whispers, and of secrets behind secrets. White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang.

Zephyr: A gentle white scent, breezes laced with the scent of springtime blooms and citrus. Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.

For a mage scent (without the healer aspect) there's:

Magus: An ancient blend, swollen with arcane power: galangal, high john essence, frankincense, cedar, and sandalwood.

And of course, as with all BPALs, these might not work for you the same as they do for me, so be cautious when deciding. :D

Elf-cleric-good RPG combo obviously comes to mind :P

Hemlock Honey? I imagine something a bit medicinal and sweet.

healers/white mage

Theres Cleric and Mage that you can start with of course -- I havent tried either, so I dunno what I can tell you, but I have to think that either layered with Lawful or Good is going to be a good start

from the GC:

White Rider (White leather and sandalwood.)

Dance of Death (for an interesting spin on the idea) - Dry, bone-white orris, black musk, serpentine patchouli and our murkiest myrrh.

Van Van (used for purification of the spirit and to amplify positive personal power.)

Apothecary (Tea leaf with three mosses, green grass, a medley of herbal notes, and a drop of ginger and fig.)

Lustration (Mental, physical and spiritual purification.)

from the TALs:

White Light

from the LE's:

White Moon (the blossoms of loss and liberation, soothed by the calm, comforting scent of sandalwood : lilac, calla lily, wisteria, WHITE sandalwood, moonflower, night musk, phlox, and violet.)

White Phoenix (Frangipani, magnolia, cotton flower, osmanthus, crystal musk, ambrette, white orchid, sugar cane, davana, white sandalwood, petitgrain, lavender, and lotus root.)

eta a few more LEs:

Helios?

Oisin?

Sol Invictus?

Thoos?

Edited by CaudaPavonis

Dia....hehe

Divine, shining.

White amber, coconut, white musk, oakmoss, and tobacco flower.

its a Luper from 2009.

Edited by MinxMarzipan

If anyone is familiar with World of Warcraft, I wonder what your suggestions would be for The Forsaken race, in particular, my character.

She's a mage, plays both fire and arcane. Being Forsaken, she is of course, undead. But I always imagined her character to be more of an earthy, slightly decaying scent, rather than all out death and rot. I figure, with all their experiments, the Undead must have found -something- to keep them from smelling so... ripe. Her personality is overall pretty happy-go-lucky, but also dark. She has an enormous power that she is most willing to use if called for. In some ways, she wants to fit in and be accepted, but in other ways, she is happy being unique and on her own.

I'm thinking something firey or uhh, spark-y. Electric-y? With maybe something earthy but hints of death or graves or something kinda sinister like that, but also with a sense of adventure.

I plan on getting some more imps, so more than one scent is perfectly fine. Here's a few pics if you think a visual might be helpful.

[Link 1] [Link 2] [Link 3] [Link 4]

It's not out yet, but I think you might want to look into Electricity is Life when it gets released with the Carnival. Otherwise, maybe Lurid or Lightning?

Anyone have a rec. for a stereotyped granny(knitting, tea and so forth) demolitions expert?

My first thought was Nanny Ashtoreth: Middle Eastern flowers, amber, honey, blood red-berries, whip leather, and polished paddle wood.

Although Agnes Nutter (Gunpowder, charred wood, smoke, and rusty nails) might have more of the demolitions expert feel you're going for.

I'm looking for something for my Vash the Stampede cosplay. I'm thinking Geraniums and Gunpowder, with possibly donuts, dry grass, dust and/or lubricating oils.

Any suggestions?

Edited by virusq

I'm looking for something for my Vash the Stampede cosplay. I'm thinking Geraniums and Gunpowder, with possibly donuts, dry grass, dust and/or lubricating oils.

Any suggestions?

Hmm, Vash. As much as he loves donuts I'd say he himself would smell more of the gunpowder-y scents, so I'd look around in the Steamworks collection. I really love The Robotic Scarab (polished metallic notes, glossy leather, frankincense, star anise, and thin lubricating oils) - it smells exactly like the notes suggest, with very brassy metals but just enough comforting notes like the leather (his trench!) and anise to balance out the "tang". It's also a very "bright" scent to me, which fits with his energetic personality.

I also haven't tried it myself, but Phoenix Steamworks might be nice (burnished gold and oiled bronze notes with Abramelin incense and sage). It sounds like it has similar metallic notes as in Scarab, but more of a focus on the herbal quality. I recently got a chance to smell abramelin in Philosopher in Meditation and it's very soothing - a bit resinous.

Hmm, Vash. As much as he loves donuts I'd say he himself would smell more of the gunpowder-y scents, so I'd look around in the Steamworks collection. I really love The Robotic Scarab (polished metallic notes, glossy leather, frankincense, star anise, and thin lubricating oils)

Oo. The Steamworks collection has been really hit and miss with me. Anything advertising metallic notes seem to immediately turn into baby powder on my skin (which is a heartbreak, now that I own half of the metal phoenix collection), but anise and lubricating oils seems to work out fine. I'll keep an eye out for an imp of Robotic Scarab, but can you think of anything with gunpowder notes?

Oo. The Steamworks collection has been really hit and miss with me. Anything advertising metallic notes seem to immediately turn into baby powder on my skin (which is a heartbreak, now that I own half of the metal phoenix collection), but anise and lubricating oils seems to work out fine. I'll keep an eye out for an imp of Robotic Scarab, but can you think of anything with gunpowder notes?

I can actually, there's Agnes Nutter (gunpowder, charred wood, smoke, and rusty nails) from the Good Omens collection... I just wonder if that would be too RAWR for a generally goofy and kind-hearted kind of guy. :lol: I haven't tried it myself though, so it may be worth a shot if the metallics get too sweet on you. There's also The Phoenix, but it's a very old LE and would be way too nautical regardless (sea air, gunpowder, lime, salt-crusted wood, a splash of blood, and a dribble of Snake Oil).

I can actually, there's Agnes Nutter (gunpowder, charred wood, smoke, and rusty nails) from the Good Omens collection... I just wonder if that would be too RAWR for a generally goofy and kind-hearted kind of guy. :lol: I haven't tried it myself though, so it may be worth a shot if the metallics get too sweet on you. There's also The Phoenix, but it's a very old LE and would be way too nautical regardless (sea air, gunpowder, lime, salt-crusted wood, a splash of blood, and a dribble of Snake Oil).

Thanks! I snagged an imp of Agnes Nutter and Momma Fortuna (Honey, gunpowder, and pleonectic, twopenny magics). Here's hoping! :D

Thanks! I snagged an imp of Agnes Nutter and Momma Fortuna (Honey, gunpowder, and pleonectic, twopenny magics). Here's hoping! :D

Great, best of luck! And good catch on Momma Fortuna, didn't even think of that - but gunpowder and honey (i.e. donut-y smell?) - it might be the winner!

I'm about to order my second batch of scents, this time for autumn. But one of the highlights of the fall season is Youmacon, an anime convention held at the Detroit Ren center every year.

I'm cosplaying as Arthur Kirkland, who is for those who are not familiar with Hetalia, the human embodiment of Great Britain.

I've narrowed down my list of selections based on the themes of teas and cake, to Bread-And-Butterfly, Eat Me, and Doormouse.

I was wondering which you'd choose to represent a very posh, dignified British gentleman who is overly fond of tea, and imaginary creatures? Or do you have better suggestions?

Essentially, I'd like a scent that captures the feeling of the picture bellow

376653.jpg

Edited by ChipNoir

Hm. Well I don't know the character, but Dorian seems like an obvious choice to me. The fougere means it is a classic 19th century British scent, it has tea in it and the overall effect is (to me) of lemon lavender cookies and tea.

The Dormouse smells very grassy to me, but it's tea and charming fuzzy creatures!

How about Gennivre, l'artiste du diable:

Hyson tea leaf, pale mint, sugar cane, orange blossom, lemongrass, and honey.

It's a minty, lemony, playful tea scent.

Or maybe Theodosius the Legerdemain:

Earl Grey tea leaves, a white fougere, jasmine leaf, pearlescent white musk, and vanilla bean.

I haven't tried it, but reviews seem to say it's a more masculine and sophisticated take on Dorian.

And Whoso List to Hunt:

Sensual brown musk, rich amber, English rose, oak bark, and moss.

Breaking away from the tea theme, but it smells like the quintessential English rose garden to me.

I've tried White Rabbit and, to be honest, I wouldn't recommend it. It smelled like mildew and sour cream on me, and judging from the reviews I'm far from the only person to have this reaction.