Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
StormtrooperPrincess

Recs for Role-Playing Games (RPG), LARP and Cosplay

Any DnD people have ideas for a Drow Assassin?

definitely something with opoponax. I was sniffing the Velvets from Neverwhere and it seemed appropriate (though I didn't much care for it)

Edited because I'm a dummy :P

Edited by ancilla

definitely something with opoponax. I was sniffing the Velvets from Neverwhere and it seemed approprite (though I didn't much care for it)

Nightsbridge? Hunter? Also possibly Panther Moon or Inagorok Jewlers.

Edited by patina

definitely something with opoponax. I was sniffing the Velvets from Neverwhere and it seemed approprite (though I didn't much care for it)

The Black Rider (Black leather, oppoponax, tobacco, and black amber)! Maybe Dance of Death (Dry, bone-white orris, black musk, serpentine patchouli and our murkiest myrrh)?

All those sound awesome. I'll have to look around for decants.

I think I will wear Raven Moon to DnD next week. As I am a Drow who mainly reveres the Raven Queen instead of Lolth (SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

Would anyone have any recommendations for a mermaid princess costume? I'm working a version of Ariel, and I'm a bit stumped. I've tried the obvious one, Thalassa, but found it a bit too salty and surly. At present, I think I'm going to go with Sturgeon Moon, since that's the prettiest aquatic I have, but I'm curious if there's something else out there I should be trying!

(reference picture, for the color)

If you can get your hands on it- Selkie was a lovely aquatic (slightly melony). A number of the GC Picnic in Arkham scents are also interesting aquatic mixes. In particular I remember thinking Y'ha-nthlei as very wearable aquatic...

Would anyone have any recommendations for a mermaid princess costume? I'm working a version of Ariel, and I'm a bit stumped. I've tried the obvious one, Thalassa, but found it a bit too salty and surly. At present, I think I'm going to go with Sturgeon Moon, since that's the prettiest aquatic I have, but I'm curious if there's something else out there I should be trying!

Are you fond of milk smells? The Sea Foam's Milk is so lovely and delicate. Bayou has the salty swampy feel, but is more floral and I just sniffed it and could totally see this as a mermaid style scent.

Thank you! I'll definitely look into anything GC. Y'ha-nthlei sounds awesome, and Selkie definitely looks worth tracking down (but oh no... rose!). Milk makes me nervous, but the reviews for Sea Foams Milk all sound pretty intriguing, so I think I'll make a point of trying that one. I had an imp of Bayou that I enjoyed, but remember that one being kind of borderline too floral for me. May have to give it another shot, with this use in mind!

Rose and I also don't particularly get along so I understand your worry. :) Fortunately the florals in Selkie are soft.

I have trouble wearing aquatics (they're usually too sharp and soapy for me to handle), and I really like bpal's Sea of Glass. It's a bright, sweet aquatic that brings to mind that shimmery sea green color.

Banded Sea Snake reminds me of Sea of Glass, but with more sweet vanilla.

If you like coconut at all, you might want to try Obatala for a coconut milk + aquatic.

Or you could try a watery floral like Ophelia or Desdemona.

Yemaya is a pretty melon scent with this description: "Her ofrenda is a bounty of melons and grapes, strewn with the petals of the flowers of motherhood, draped with sea mosses." It doesn't smell particularly aquatic to me, but it's youthful, pretty, and has the sea moss in it.

I've been devouring Buffy and Angel lately (2 episodes left! :( ), and it got me thinking...For those of you who have seen the shows, what scents would you associate with the various characters?

In particular, I'm interested in:

Cordelia (both Buffy and Angel versions, so likely 2 scents)

Buffy

Faith

Anya

Willow

Dawn

And most of all...

Spike.

ETA: I don't care if the scents are LE, GC, or even HTF. I just want opinions! :D

Edited by NicoleJoy

I've been devouring Buffy and Angel lately (2 episodes left! :( ), and it got me thinking...For those of you who have seen the shows, what scents would you associate with the various characters?

It's been a while since I watched anything Buffy, but I could see Spike smelling like Dorian or something with a bit of leather in it, like The Bow & Crown of Conquest.

And I think that Sara Pezzini or Liz could both do for Buffy, as they're like strong female scents with clean, feminine touches.

Hi! I'm loving this forum more and more! I've cosplayed several times as Yuki Cross, from the anime Vampire Knight but I haven't found the perfect scent for this character. She is a sweet girl who monitors her school in order to protect her classmates from vampires. Later on she becomes a darker character and carries a scythe.

The last cosplay I did was Yoruichi, from the anime Bleach. She's a strong and sexy character who can transform herself into a cat. Even though she is a great warrior she avoids conflict unless she cannot help it. I'd like to know any suggestions for thsi character in case I decide to cosplay as her again in the future.

Edited by obsidian_vamp

The last cosplay I did was Yoruichi, from the anime Bleach. She's a strong and sexy character who can transform herself into a cat. Even though she is a great warrior she avoids conflict unless she cannot help it.

Cats always make me think of amber scents and warriors = metals for me. Yoruichi made me think of Witchblade (which has amber *and* metals). I could also see her smelling like The Black Tower or Tintagel...

So it's almost con season again well in a few months anyway and I'm doing of yearly scent round up for our cosplay group. We're doing costumes from both Hetalia and One Piece, along with some DC cosplay mixed in.

From One Piece we're doing, Doflamingo, Crocodile and Shanks

From Hetalia, Denmark, Prussia and Ancient Roman

and in the DC corner of things, the original Trickster, the Pied Piper and Dr Alchemy.

Any and all suggestions would be great and thank you in advance for the help.

Psst................ *looks around furtively*

So.......at will call, they've had these Protoypes sitting out. Rouge. Half-Elf. Dwarf. Halfling. And there also are going to be Good, Neutral, Evil........and they're going to be layerable. They're going to come out sometime in the next few months.

Thought you'd want to know *flashbomb and disappears*

I'm going to be playing in a Changeling: the Lost LARP soon and I'm playing a character heavily inspired by Odette from Swan Lake. So essentially the concept is a swan princess type character. I am looking for a very wispy, ethereal scent. I'd like to stay away from anything too heavily vanilla scented. Nothing too sweet either. Just something clear and soft.

Any reccomendations?

I'm going to be playing in a Changeling: the Lost LARP soon and I'm playing a character heavily inspired by Odette from Swan Lake. So essentially the concept is a swan princess type character. I am looking for a very wispy, ethereal scent. I'd like to stay away from anything too heavily vanilla scented. Nothing too sweet either. Just something clear and soft.

Any reccomendations?

The Wild Swans at Coole (current Halloween LE) seems appropriate. It smells very soft and feminine to me, with clean aquatic and creamy, gentle floral notes.

The Unicorn also sounds like it might be what you're looking for: "A misty, almost luminous perfume: wispy linden blossoms, white flowers, and a touch of sweet herbs."

And Sea of Glass is a clear, bright aquatic.

And if you type 'ethereal' into the search engine it comes up with Fae, Moonshine & Mist, and Shadow Witch Orchid, which I could also envision on Odette...

Might as well try for stuff for my different cosplays

1. Kizuna Hyuuga from Strawberry Panic: 13 years old, pigtails, energetic, likes to cosplay... that's pretty much it.. her uniform is red, pink and pale yellow

2. Byakudan Kagome from Strawberry Panic: same uniform as the girl above, this is a cute, ultra shy, ultra childish, almost catatonic girl of 12 years old who always holds a big teddy bear

3. Presea Combatir from Tales of Symphponia: 12 years old (and 14 in ToS: Dawn of the new world) but is actually 28/30 years old (she lost 16 years of her life being stuck in a emotionless, almost robotic state). She is still pretty much emotionless, and at first understand little of the world. She's cold, and cute in a way (like her awkwardness is cute). She is ultra strong and fights with a huuuuuge axe. When she fight she says stuff like "Die!" in an ADORABLE voice. She has PINK PIGTAILS. And is awesome.

4. I-No from Guilty Gear: Sexy, sultry witch in red and black PVC, who fights with a guitar and her witch hat eating people. Inspired by Shiina Ringo. Short black bob-cut hair, a mole, blue eyes, and a very skimpy outfit.

5. Jihl Nabaat from FFXIII: Sexy, womanly, authoritarian, cruel. Dark blonde hair, very long, glasses, military uniform, baton (the police kind!). Beautiful cold and dark.

Any reccomendations?

Try dove's heart. or maybe phantom queen

Might as well try for stuff for my different cosplays

1. Kizuna Hyuuga from Strawberry Panic: 13 years old, pigtails, energetic, likes to cosplay... that's pretty much it.. her uniform is red, pink and pale yellow

2. Byakudan Kagome from Strawberry Panic: same uniform as the girl above, this is a cute, ultra shy, ultra childish, almost catatonic girl of 12 years old who always holds a big teddy bear

3. Presea Combatir from Tales of Symphponia: 12 years old (and 14 in ToS: Dawn of the new world) but is actually 28/30 years old (she lost 16 years of her life being stuck in a emotionless, almost robotic state). She is still pretty much emotionless, and at first understand little of the world. She's cold, and cute in a way (like her awkwardness is cute). She is ultra strong and fights with a huuuuuge axe. When she fight she says stuff like "Die!" in an ADORABLE voice. She has PINK PIGTAILS. And is awesome.

4. I-No from Guilty Gear: Sexy, sultry witch in red and black PVC, who fights with a guitar and her witch hat eating people. Inspired by Shiina Ringo. Short black bob-cut hair, a mole, blue eyes, and a very skimpy outfit.

5. Jihl Nabaat from FFXIII: Sexy, womanly, authoritarian, cruel. Dark blonde hair, very long, glasses, military uniform, baton (the police kind!). Beautiful cold and dark.

Some potential recs:

1. Eat Me, Polynesian Pop

2. High-Strung Daisies, Comforting Plush Companion

3. ? dunno for this one... maybe Witchblade for the metal/axe

4. The Obsidian Widow, VILF, The Witch Queen

5. Nanny Ashtoreth, Loviatar, De Sade, Black Opal (womanly, cold, and dark, in an odd, vanilla-y way)

I'm into anime, manga, and cosplay, and have been struggling with scent choices for those cosplays that I do have or have in the works... I currently own Wanda, Les Bijoux, Peach Moon 2009, Black Dahlia, Akuma, Marquis de Merteuil, Blackbeard, and Pain.

My cosplays (and the mood I try to convey) are as follows...

Made:

Ryuichi Sakuma (Gravitation, Kumagoro costume ver.)-a bubbly, fun-loving guy who has a more sexy, serious side, especially on the stage

Lulu (Final Fantasy X)-strong and silent type, quietly seductive

Major (Hellsing Ultimate)-generally batshit crazy, loves war, proud man, dresses sharply

In progress:

Miss Mio (Ral Grad)-somewhat motherly, protective, refined

Orihime (Bleach, Full School Uniform Ver.)-kind of boy crazy, cute, typical teenage girl type scent?

Fortune (Metal Gear Solid 2)-sadness transferred into hate and anger, wishes for death, military dress

Marie Mjolnir (Soul Eater)-more or less the embodiment of Thor's hammer, lightning motif (looking for a feminine ozone scent)

Wufei (Gundam Wing)-pride, strength, possibly a masculine asian scent

Rao (Okami)-something sinister lying underneath sweet, preferably something kitsune-evoking

Future (Maybe?):

Shinigami-Sama (Soul Eater, non-scaring-kids version)-cheerful and silly, yet wise, powerful, can really get down to business when need be!

Yoshi (Mario)-aww it's Yoshi, you guys! I can't imagine what I'd want an egg-laying reptile to smell like. O.o

If you have the time, any input would be greatly appreciated! ^_^

Edit: By the way everyone, TheMadD.deviantart.com

Edited by madscientistdh

Cordelia (both Buffy and Angel versions, so likely 2 scents)

Buffy

Faith

Anya

Willow

Dawn

And most of all...

Spike.

ETA: I don't care if the scents are LE, GC, or even HTF. I just want opinions! :D

I totally see Faith as something dark and sharp and dangerous, like Hell-Gate of Ireland or Raven Moon, and Spike as Loviatar, because Spike just isn't Spike without his leather coat, and Loviatar smells like the perfect leather coat to me, warm and sexy and a little bit like trouble. Although good luck finding any of it :cry2:

I'm still crushed that it was DC'd suddenly, because I was about to buy bottles when I got paid next when it did. My heart!

I'm having problems coming up with scents for the rest of the girls, though, because I don't really tend to go for "girly" perfumes, and Anya and Dawn and Willow are all such girly-girls at heart.

Again, I come with group cosplay in need of recommendations (I am the BPAL fairy for my group) and I'm curious if any of you would have suggestions for a group doing the reboot characters from the 2009 Star Trek movie and it's sequel that's supose to be out next year.