Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
parasolfringe

What BPAL Would Nancy Drew wear? Girl Detective Chic

I guess the best way to get what I want here is to ask: What would Nancy Drew wear? :P

Edited by ivyandpeony
edited title to enhance searchability and discussion

Well, she's a nice, respectable girl, so I'm sure she wears Underpants. Not like today's teen hussies.

ETA: I'm sorry. That was completely useless. I just couldn't help myself.

Edited by Ahania

WWNDW? Interesting question. My first instinct is Antique Lace (Or Hope/Faith), and then maybe London. Danube is another possibility, in my world. I'm thinking Whitechapel, though. Or 51. Probably Snow-Flakes and Hungry Ghost Moon.

I don't have explanations for why. It just seems like they fit the title, for me, and are fresh, clean scents.

I'm thinking something like Rosalind maybe, definitely fresh and clean, definitely not sweet, powdery or vanilla-y.

ETA: maybe Amsterdam, too, I'm sure more ideas will be popping into my head since Nancy was one of my childhood heros

Edited by minilux

When I think Nancy Drew, I think of "no nonsense" clean, fresh scents and citrus scents. I'm thinking Embalming Fluid, Shanghai, Phantasm, Kumiho....

I think something in the vein of Leanan Sidhe or Zephyr - clean, white, sophisticated but a little bit innocent.

Probably nothing, when she's sleuthing - wouldn't want the bad guys to smell her when she's sneaking around somewhere she really shouldn't be!

I think maybe Embalming Fluid or Shanghai, 51, Titania or Maiden? Pele? Something clean and fresh, and maybe something more sophisticated yet still young and playful for going to one of Ned's college parties. I get the feeling she would definitely coordinate her perfume to the location and occasion. She'd probably like rose, I think. For some reason I'm really thinking most of Maiden.

I guess I've been permanently scarred by growing up in the 70s, because ever since I read the question, part of my brain keeps telling me she'd wear Jean Nate or Charlie. Blasphemy, I know! :P

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I was just looking at my old books in storage and the super savvy her on the covers, and I remembered how much I wanted to be her (and probably still do! I still play the computer games :P ). Antique Lace seems like a good one, and all those green tea suckers do too. I'll have to try these!

...and I remembered how much I wanted to be her (and probably still do! I still play the computer games :P ).

You're not the only one! :D

Mystery!!! Of course, it's discontinued, so that's not much help. I hoarded an imp and wore it for my dissertation defense (b/c my subject was detective fiction), but I'm almost out now. Maybe if it's resurrected...? Nancy also strikes me as an Ingenue type, but again...discontinued. So...from the current offerings, I lean towards Black Opal. Very tasteful and classy, but "clean". It would go well with a sweater-set and pearls. :P

I would go with Bess (fruit and citrus, very clean and fresh); Erato and La Belle au Bois Dormant (both "pink" florals, but light and seemingly appropriate for a young lady); Dirty and The Unicorn (clean and just lovely).

/of course, those are culled from my favorites, so I may be biased!

Well, she's a nice, respectable girl, so I'm sure she wears Underpants. Not like today's teen hussies.

ETA: I'm sorry. That was completely useless. I just couldn't help myself.

:P

Even though I am late to this party - I vote for Pink Phoenix! Girly, sophisticated and a little mysterious.

Sign in to follow this