Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I want to try Detox, now. I have Philosophy's 3-1 body wash in Margarita, and I love the smell, but it drives me mad that the scent washes down the drain, and I step out of the shower smelling like NOTHING!! It makes me so sad, and I always leave the shower wanting BPAL that smells like bright, alcoholic limes.

I am crying and dying on the inside because today I officially used the very very last bits of the last bottle of Penhaligon's lime EDT (from 2002). The new re-purposed lime is nothing to the vintage juice which is so sad.

I am sure you guys can help me, being the evil wonderful enablers that you are. Does BPAL have any real -POW- knock your socks off lime? How does it last? I'm realistic, lime just doesn't really last, which I know.. (which is why we have roller ball travel sized decants of course!).

If there's something out there with Lime and sandalwood, or you guys can recommend something, I'll love you forever!

Thanks!

PS Edited to add: I do have Villain which I love, but I meant moooooore limmmmmmeeeee, if possible. I only get vague whiffs of lime in the drydown of Villain.

Edited by AnnieB

schrodinger's cat is almost a lime single-note on my skin. there's lots of other scents with lime but that one is the one i most strongly associate with OMG! LIME!

Mr Nancy has lovely lime hints, but maybe not as strong as youre hoping ;) Try the new Echatl or whatever it is, and maybe Envy, and Mock Turtle's Lessons.

I, too, am on a huge lime kick. I'm thinking of ordering Serpents with Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues. Can anyone who has tried it tell me how strong is the lime?

Edited by Mrs.Black

I, too, am on a huge lime kick. I'm thinking of ordering Serpents with Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues. Can anyone who has tried it tell me how strong is the lime?

you can tell it's there but it's not the strongest note. it's balanced pretty well.

Luna from the new Butterfly Effect series is WHOA Lime Sugar when first applied. It does back down and become more incorporated into the green musk once it's dry, but it is still definitely there.

For some reason I get a really, really strong lime note from Milk Chocolate and Matcha, but a lot of other people seem to get lemon. I open the bottle and its just "WOAH, LIME....and some tea"

Seconding (thirding, fourthing, etc.) Detox. Another lime blend that hasn't been mentioned is Muse. It is lime and jasmine, I believe.

YMMV, but every time I wear Purple-Spotted Swallowtail I can smell the lime from the initial citrusy blast all the way into the soft, delicious drydown. It's not LIME LIME LIME by any means but the lime is there the whole time for me, and it balances the other notes well for me (most of which are over-amping notes on me, like clove). Every time I want lime, I reach for this.

Purple Spotted Swallowtail on me too, at least in the early phases.

I tested Whitechapel last night and got huge long blasts of lime. That is until the white musk did what it does on me and turned the whole thing into powder.

Goldenrod Crab Spider (white mint, coconut, Indonesian champaca flower, lime rind, white ginger, and green tea) from the 2012 Halloweenies has a very realistic fresh lime rind note to my nose.

I'll throw in another vote for Mr. Nancy, which is one of my favorites. It's a bit boozy in the bottle... but on me, it's all lime with a bit of sugar cookie sweetness.

Also, Croquet is a very nice tart lime/fresh fruit scent...another one I wear frequently. I love lime :wub2:

The Sound of Insects from the recent Lupers (Mandarin, lime, red currant, black tea, ginger). It was almost single note lime on me!

Whitechapel, without a doubt. On me, it starts off as key lime pie, completely and utterly the exact smell of a key lime pie freshly made. The lilac and musk eventually add a dusty floral-musky background, but the citrus continues to be heavy and just so LIME that I almost swear that I should be sticky with green lime pie filling.