Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
eatingthesea

lovin' the moss!

The Passionate Shepherd To His Love is very mossy on me.

Same here, to my dismay... I amp moss, apparently, because right now all I'm getting from the Passionate Shepherd is the dried stuff they use as a potpourri filler. Phooey.

Bad Luck Woman Blues....."Keep that bad luck woman away with a blend of Spanish moss, black pepper, mullein, sweet sage, vandal root, cypress, cigar tobacco, and a puff of goofer dust cloaked by a swarthy cologne of vetiver, lime, dark musk, caramel accord, and lilac".

I might totally revise my review of this one. It's almost 2 years later now, and the moss really POPS out. It's a lot of moss and caramel, with herbs and a little lime. This scent has aged incredibly well, it's one of my favorite scents in my whole collection. Even though it's limited, I do see it in sales from time to time. :wub2:

Mole is a gorgeous moss scent - soft, warm, brown - much like Mole himself I imagine ;) .

Hi everyone, it's been a while...

Ok, the winter is coming in huge jumps, somewhat puma-like, here in Paris... and it gives me the strange desire to smell like moss.

But there is one HUGE problem with mossy scents... there are many kinds of moss, and so, there are many types of moss scents...

The is the dry moss, lichen-type, which is sure nice... the decomposing sweet scent of swamp moss...

Those are none of the things I'm looking for...

I'm looking for the scent of moss in the forest in autumn... this damp, but earthy scent... not sweet at all.

It need to be a GC thought, please don't recommend LE, I don't really have the possibility right now to go LE decant hunting...

I'd love some help with this...

Thanks...

my moss recommendations, keeping an eye on autumnal scents in particular:

Whoso List to Hunt (Sensual brown musk, rich amber, English rose, oak bark, and moss)

Nocnitsa (Her scent is that of a lightless fir wood, nighttime air, wet forest mosses and upturned earth.)

Robin Goodfellow (Dark musk, moss-covered wood, ragwort, heather, and sage. )

but do try Cathode (Ambergris, Spanish Moss, oakmoss and three electric mints) Its a gorgeous moss/mint, just not very autumn probably ;)

my moss recommendations, keeping an eye on autumnal scents in particular:

Whoso List to Hunt (Sensual brown musk, rich amber, English rose, oak bark, and moss)

Nocnitsa (Her scent is that of a lightless fir wood, nighttime air, wet forest mosses and upturned earth.)

Robin Goodfellow (Dark musk, moss-covered wood, ragwort, heather, and sage. )

but do try Cathode (Ambergris, Spanish Moss, oakmoss and three electric mints) Its a gorgeous moss/mint, just not very autumn probably ;)

I'm kinda scared of amber, I amp it to death...

And I've tried Nocnitsa, and though I really love it, it smells mostly of pine and berries on me.... no moss at all to my nose there...

I've been thinking of Robin Goodfellow, but was afraid that with sage being there, it would be too sweet for me...

For a dry moss, I like Danse Macabre. But you've got to like cypress and frankenscence too for that one.

Edited by patina

Deep in Earth is very mossy and foresty to me, with nothing sweet at all.

I don't know how you feel about lily notes, but Ulalume has the most mossy, deep in the woods, crunching on leaves and turning up the wet leaves below kind of scent to me, with just a little bit of stargazer lily wafting on top.

Sorry... my connexion is bad enough for it not to charge the page fully, I hadn't been able to see at first that there was a second page on this thread..

Yes, Deep Earth sounds tempting...

What about Zombie, though?

Edited by Jupita

Sign in to follow this