Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
starwild

A scent like a starry night

This might sound a little crazy, but...is there a BPAL scent that reminds you of a starry night, stargazing, starlight, etc.? As you can probably guess from my name, I'm a big fan of all the above. :P

Nuit might be a good choice, as she is a star goddess, or Urania, muse of astrology. There are the three star scents in Excolo: Zorya, Utrennyaya, and Vechernyaya (Midnight Star, Morning Star and Evening Star). And Yvaine, in the new Stardust series, is described as "The high, crystalline scent of a star-filled night with blue lavender and lush magnolia."

As you can probably guess from my name, I'm a big fan of all the above. :D

Me as well (why else would I want to be an astrophysicist?) I'll second all the recommendations above, with a big hooray for Urania, as it's the only one I've tried but I :P it.

I study astrophysics and I do love the starry scents. I was going to suggest what Oakmoss suggested, and also suggest that you search for the LE scent, the Evening Star.

Night-Gaunt. Especially once the grapefruit has burnt off, so what you smell is night-time flowers and cold dark. Mmmm.

Oh, I completely forgot Night's Pavilion! It's another LE but also another beautiful nighttime starry floral. I think that it is like the olfactory version of deep blue skies with stars, and night blooming dewy flowers.

I'd also throw Nuit into that list, and if you can find it, the Limited Editon scent Evening Star.

Midnight is a little like that too, but humid.

And Nyx...that's another Nuit-like one. I like it better than Nuit, though, but not as well as Zorya, which rocks my world.

For me, things that put me in mind of a star-strewn sky and nighttime (Some more than others) ... The Moon (Tarot), Luna (Celestial), Bat (Salon), Bat-Woman (Salon), Chiroptera (discontinued), Urania (GC), Night-Gaunt (GC), Mouse's Long and Sad Tail (GC), Szepasszony (GC), The Lady of Shalott (GC)

Night's Pavilion and the Perfumed Garden, both from the Lupercalia series, remind me of lying down in the garden at night looking up at the stars. Perfumed Garden is much bolder than Night's Pavilion, but I like them both.

Evening Star is what comes to mind. Zorya is a close second.

Bat and Bat-Woman from the Salon might also be worth considering.

If you can find some Yog-Sothoth, I would definitely recommend it. To my nose, it's the scent equivalent of soft night air and glittering stars - it's beautifully evocative. :P

Lightning and Tempest both give me that sense of being out with my 'scope on top of a mountain in crisp, clean air. Snow Moon does too, I second that one!

Of all the blends I have tried, my vote goes to Zorya and Nuit. They are both lovely :P

I am seconding the vote for Urania--this scent smells to me as the lab describes it, Urania's veil of darkness hung with stars. I also think Verchernyaya smells like a starry night and so does Black Moon

Yvaine really does make me think of a starry night. It's absolutely perfect. And I agree with the rec for Night's Pavilion, it's got that same pale, crystalline, distant beauty.