Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarada

Agnes Nutter

Gunpowder, charred wood, smoke, and rusty nails.

Definitely smoky- burnt and charred wood. Not something I want to smell like, but very interesting.

bottle: on first sniff this smells like smoky leather.

wet: ahhh... sweet vetiver... this is sweet & smoky charred wood. i like this a great deal.

dry: this is beautiful once dry, rich smoky wood with a slight leather-ish backnote. love.

Despite the fact this was named for a female character, it's a very, very masculine scent, at least on me. I tend to amp many of those strong masculine woods, so on my skin it smells very strongly of smoke and charred wood, and surely the gunpowder and rust notes are also mixing in there somewhere. I could see it being smoky and sexy on a man--if he could be convinced to wear a scent named Agnes :lol: --but it's just not for me.

This one didn't really strike me as something I would normally try, but it was unique enough that I thought I would see what happens.

Upon first smell without revisiting the notes, I smelled leather and stone. It reminded me of Inganok Jewelers or Oblisbos. Like their love child but a little less strong. I couldn't really tolerate either of them, but this one I can. I don't actually like it, but it is tolerable.

As I wear it longer, I think the wood comes out more. It gets a bit more sweet. I still think this is more of a masculine scent. Or if you like more patchouli/herbal scents, you might like this.

Not sure if it's the gunpowder or the rusty nails, but I definitely get a metallic vibe from this one. The woods and smoke make a great base for it, though. Once it dries, it's a lot more subtle than I would have imagined. Definitely more like bonfire smoke on the air rather than sticking your face in it, and any hint of barbecue (which is a bit prevalent when this one is wet) seems to fade away.

Overall, it's a pretty straightforward, "what it says on the label" kind of scent, with a surprisingly soft drydown. Not positive when I'd wear it, but I'm enjoying it.

In The Bottle

Charred wood indeed

On Application

Vetiver but fairly smooth. Interesting

Dry Down

So far the Good Omens scents have mostly been outstandingly good on me and this is no exception. As the deescription states - charred wood and gunpowder with the thin metallic notes of the rusty nails.

Rating (0-5)

This review won't be as detailed as my others, as the moment I opened the 5ml, something about this scent went up and punched me in the nose like a flint knife to my sinuses. It was somewhat like furniture polish in that it was very sharp, seemed poisonous, and made me gag and tear up.

I rimmed the top of the 5ml against my wrist, hoping it would change with skin application, but if anything, it only got stronger. Even when I washed it off, it still clung there. Incredible throw and saving power, but that's not a good thing for me.

Overall, I'm very disappointed. I just wanted to smell like a day out at the gun range! :cry2: This just teaches me a lesson: get decants of LEs if I can to actually test them before I buy a 5ml. This bottle is completely full and will be going up for sale as soon as I set up my PayPal account, which is now going to get expedited as I don't even want to look at the label again.

This is perhaps the most apt description I've ever seen! In the imp it smelled quite smoky. I was surprised at how recognisable it was! Once on Agnes becomes a dark, smoky, spicy scent. There is a definite metallic iron twang of the nails. The only note I can't find (or perhaps recognise) is the gunpowder. Overall Agnes isn't dry at all really, which I think is amazing for a 'charred wood and smoke' scent, but it is warm and interesting. A definite keeper, and especially good when layered with The Lights of Men's Lives. Think I'll wear some tonight!

Colour association: Gold flecked with black ashes.

Monster :heart: Agnes Nutter 4 eva!

This is smells exactly like charred wood, ashes and smoke from a dying campfire. Note wise, it's all dry wood and gorgeous vetiver. :thud: I could get lost in the scent, it's so perfect. Why do I not have a bottle of this?!

If you're a super fan of vetiver this is a must-have.

This is super interesting and I like it a lot! Wet, this is primarily smoky, burning, almost leathery veviter and wood, and quite lovely if you're into that sort of thing. (Spoiler alert: I am) After about half an hour or so, the gunpowder note comes out and lingers nicely. The rusty nails are only hints now and then. This is a very strange scent, but a good one! I'm trying to decide if I need a bottle or if it's too similar to some of my other scents.

Wet: Wow, this is bad. Smoky sour vetiver and....rotten meat? Super. Thanks, skin.

Dry: It sweetens up a lot, the sourness fades, and the smoke become quite pleasant. I quite enjoy it, but I find it rather manly. Not sure I would ever wear it, but it's really different and interesting, and I'm glad I got to try it.

In the decant: This is very smoky and BBQ-like. I bet it has the BBQ-y variety of vetiver.

Wet: Yeah, this smells like barbecued meat jerky. After a bit, I get the metallic, rusty nails and what I think is the gunpowder, and the BBQ-like charred wood and woodsmoke calm down somewhat.

Dry: It no longer smells like I barbecued meat, as the rusty nails and gunpowder are a lot more prominent now, but it is still very smoky (and somewhat sour on me, alas).

Verdict: Agnes’ scent is not for me, as I do not enjoy smoky vetiver or metallic scents, but it was nice to be able to try it.

*edit* I was wrong! I had the boyfriend sniff it and it is definitely like beef jerky at first as opposed to a barbecued meat. But I am a vegetarian and have no desire to smell like either of those things. :P

Edited by dementia_divine

I took a chance on a decant without knowing any of the notes.  

In vial: very metallic (I guess there's those rusty nails)

Wet on skin: *almost a hint of leather* and straight into a straight up bonfire.  It truly smells like iron being burned charred in a blaze, which is fitting for the character.