Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Em-

Crowley

Wet: Oooo! Some sweet musk, vanilla and leather. It smells more like a worn leather, rather than "crisp" new leather.

Dry: Warm leather mixed with vanilla! A leather scent I can get on board with. 

While I don't wear leather often enough to need a bottle, I'll be holding on to my decant!

Goddamn, this one was made for me. Every single note is the best representation of itself, and it all sings. The perfect blend of sweet, musky, leathery, and that stunning patchouli-vanilla. This shot almost immediately right up to the top of my all-time favorites. It's sexy and confident and gorgeous, and I love that it's Crowley, the flash bastard. I just wanna roll around in it. 

Edited by supreme_c0rt

Crowley is amazing! My signature scent is snake oil in every form and this somehow smells like a snake oil base to me. It is like snake oil with an added warm hug. Oddly comforting for a demon but so is he.

You can smell the leather but it is soft. It reminds me of a softer snake skin perfume. Words that came to my mind when trying it was "warm and sexy" and I stay with this.

Also thinking about it, since Crowley is a snake demon I am pretty sure beth made Crowley similar to snake oil on purpose. Nice one beth!

I rarely branch out from my foodies and my snakes but this one is a win. Back up for sure! If you love snake oil or snake skin...GET IT!

Edited by DahliaHayashi

Crowley is one of my favorite book characters ever, and I love him so much that I've stolen his name as my own nickname, and the blend itself has all my favorite notes. No way you could go wrong here. I didn't even bother with an imp and bought the full-size bottle right away and I don't regret it. Now, I don't have the strong sexual reaction that some people had to this scent 😂 but I can understand where they're coming from. It's a very heavy and spicy scent to me and I'd describe it as a more masculine version of Vixen, with similarities to Snake Oil but not nearly as sweet. In the bottle I think of the interior of Crowley's Bentley, with immaculately glossy black leather seats and perhaps an air freshener dangling above the windshield-- good ol' new car smell, with a hot infernal twist. On my skin it softens to a very warm and spicy cologne smell since my skin likes to eat up any of the crisper notes and just throw off musk. My verdict? Awesome.

Edited by Doc Crowley

Oh, Crowley, my Crowley. You're gorgeous, both you and your scent, but why do you just turn to some sort of sweet muddle of confusion on my wrist? It's a very wonderful muddle of sweet confusion, but I just can't pick out many notes aside from the musk and the vanilla--but musks of all kinds tend to turn into single-musk notes on me, so that's probably why. Still, though. I really wanted you to do what you do for so many other people. 

But you are very, very nice in my oil burner (especially with Aziraphale). 

The wet stage of Crowley, I get most of the components, except mahogany (normal for me) & I don’t remember the oakmoss. As it dries, I get the comparisons to Snake Oil, less powdery than SO. The leather fades (boo!) and everything starts to meld into a muddled musk scent, like Upstart Crow’s experience, with vanilla. A twist of the lemon rind magically remains, entwined with the vanilla, and wrapped around reddish musk. The blend remains this way until it fades away. Good wear length, as musks tend to be. 

When I initially tried Crowley, I think I was disappointed because I wanted the leather & patchouli to shine. Now, I’m enjoying him a lot more as a red musk scent that works well for me. 

This smells like the version of snake oil I don't like which has the richer, almost buttery quality I associate with aged snake oil? I can barely tell the difference tbh maybe a *hint* of leather and no cologne smell.

This is the scent of Crowley's Bently: a swirl of musk, vanilla, polished wood, and the lingering scent of worn leather. In the background, there is a slight acidity mingled with a light floral. This blend is sly and smooth. I love this, and I went through a frimp in just a handful of wears — but part of that is because it does not have the throw or longevity I would like from it. It stays close to my skin and fades fairly quickly.

ETA: Crowley's trying to prove me wrong - it really lingered this time.

Edited by wordortwo
More info

A blind buy of a bottle that I am incredibly happy with.

Wet: heavily smokey with citrus rind - the finishing touch on an Old Fashioned in a low-lit speakeasy.

Dry: Smooths down to a deliciously sultry and balanced blend - smokey wood with warm leather and vanilla. Leaves me thinking of well-worn armchair in a bookshop, with a lingering memory of that citrus garnish. 

This scent plays so much on the skin, morphing and blooming and sweetening. First up is a streak of red and black musks, with a leather element that plays nicely with everything, it doesn’t overwhelm. The hints of lemon lilac cologne are apparent, but do not take over from the initial musk-ness. I love this phase as the leather is still apparent and overall it’s very sexy.

After some time though, the leather subsides and a sweetness comes over my skin. Even though mahogany is a listed note and one of my all time favourites smells it’s a sweeter version. At this point it’s not something I can pin down. The dusky vanilla must be doing its thing. initially it’s all bad boy sexiness, but morphs into snuggly territory on my skin.

It doesn’t have a lot of throw, but what it does have is a unique chemistry that, like Crowley himself, morphs and somewhat softens over time.