Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
harmonyfb

Shadwell

Roll-ups, mildewed raincoat, sweet tea, and condensed milk.

In the decant: I’m getting the roll ups, mossy raincoat, lots of tobacco and sweet tea, and some condensed milk.

Wet: The roll ups and sweet black tea are the first notes to emerge, along with an unlisted tobacco note. Then I get a strong aquatic vibe from the scent, which I’m guessing has to do with the raincoat. As it begins to dry, it is mostly strong sweet tea with the aquatic note and some tobacco.

Dry: The scent is a lot sweeter now. I smell coconut. The sweet tea and roll ups are very prominent, and I’m getting more of the condensed milk now, adding a creaminess to the scent. I no longer smell tobacco, the aquatic vibe is still present, but has calmed down significantly, and there’s no sign of mildew to be found, although I think there is some moss at play here.

Verdict: I like this a lot more than I thought I would! It’s a curious combination of notes, but somehow, it works. I may need to obtain more of it at some point.

Edited by dementia_divine

Wet: Coconut(?), moss, sweet tea and rain. An odd combination of notes, and I'm not too sure how I feel about it yet.

Dry: Sweet plastic coconut and sweet tea. I like the dry down MUCH more than the wet stage.

The scent in general isn't really my thing (not the biggest fan of coconut), but I think this one is so unique that it's worth trying to see how it works on your skin.

Shadwell is a tea scent, primarily, thickly creamer and sweetened. I get a whiff of tobacco and maybe some of the “mildew” (moss, perhaps?) It’s pretty mellow overall. As much as I want to love all the black tea scents, most of them smell so similar I rarely go for them anymore. 
What are roll-ups? Hand-rolled cigarettes? 
I wish I was getting some rain notes, I think that would push this to another level for me. 

This is a comforting scent, and if the tea scent I already have a bottle of didn’t smell so similar, I’d be more interested. 

vaguely aquatic tobacco, with a hint of tea. sweet, but not SWEET sweet.  not bad, but not for me. i was hoping for a richer, sweeter milk note,  and maybe a little mildew funk.