Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Koukla

Perversion Soap (by Silk Road Trading Company)

The perfect soap to use before your next bondage ball, dungeon adventure or sojourn to your favorite pleasure dome. Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

Water, Saponified Organic Palm Kernal Oil, Coconut Oil, Soy Oil, Fair Trade Organic Shea Oil, Sodium Lactate, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, Alkanet Powder, and Perversion.

I received a sample of this in my gift baggie at Will Call last week and, although I was determined to finish my bar of Misk U before I moved on to something else, I only managed to hold out for a week before breaking down and trying Perversion anyway. And OMG I'm so glad I did! This is wonderful!

I knew from the moment I first sniffed it that I would be buying a couple/few bars, probably even dedicating an order to it since I don't think I can wait until the next Lunacy to get some, it smells so yummy. I get mostly a strongly scented blend of sweet chardonnay and tonka mixed with the natural soap smell, and not really any tobacco or leather. It's a pretty dark-lavender color that a quick Google reveals is probably courtesy of the alkanet root powder, and sprinkled liberally throughout it are little specks of something dark brown and rough. Coconut husk? Tonka beans? I don't know, but it gives a lovely tactile sensation along with the luscious lather. Niiiiiice. My pervy new soap is definitely living up to its name! :P

After getting out of the shower and drying off, I notice that although there is no dry "tight" feeling on my skin whatsoever, there also isn't the slightly "coated" feeling that some of the other soaps have left, which has by necessity made them an only-occasional treat for me so far. I suspect that might be the shea oil in this compared to the macadamia oil in many of the others. I'm not sure if that slight difference might(?) make it not moisturizing enough for some of you with very parched skin, but for those of us with skin sensitivities that run towards the "anything too heavy will instantly make me break out in bacne" end of the spectrum, Perversion soap will likely be a very welcome balance between nicely moisturizing and clogged pores. Also, typically of all the soaps, there is no lingering scent to clash with your oil blend of choice afterwards.

This has instantly shot to the top of my favorites list and I'll be using it daily as soon as my big order of it arrives - highly recommended! Edited by Shollin

Mmmm.. Perversion soap is absolutely dreamy. It's a good translation of the BPAL scent which is one of my favorites, and the soap doesn't disappoint. The only thing that could improve it for me would be more moisturising properties because I have dry skin and this does leave my skin feeling a little tight afterward. Maybe some Perversion lotion would help with that? :P

This is an awesome scrubby soap! I like the soaps with some exfoliation bits as long as they aren't the kind that rips my skin apart. This is the perfect amount of roughness and texture. Gives me a nice thorough scrubbing but without leaving my skin irritated or uncomfortable. It seems to be appropriate for something called perversion to have some kick to it. And it still has a really nice lather!

I had bought a bar of this at will call, and because it had smelled so good I bought the oil too. I honestly think that the soap isn't even that much more "watered down" than the oil. It's still very strongly scented....the leather in particular seems nice and powerful. And the scent lingers just a tiny bit, enough so that it makes it fun to layer the Perversion oil over it, but not enough so that it would interfere if I wanted to layer it with another oil. So this is another soap favorite!

I have to add that I have a lot of trouble with soaps since my skin is so sensitive (even a few of my beloved Lush' soaps can give me grief), but I have never had a reaction to any of Macha's soaps. I have many of them and none have given me any problems. :P

Ohhh, perfect! I was so hoping that one of these soaps might be the scrubby type. And Perversion delivers, with just the right balance, I'd say. Even folk who aren't huge exfoliator-types might like this one for the occasional scrub-down.

Scent's definitely strong, and on me, it did linger, even through another lotion (Villainess Dulces en Fuego Whipped, for those curious: they work together quite well!).

It left me squeaky-clean: a bit too squeaky for my tastes, but that's the tiniest gripe ever. I didn't notice it leaving my skin either moisturized or dry, but I've only used it two days in a row. Will report back if I notice a difference after awhile of using it.

Overall, thumbs way up! Love the scrubbiness!

I bought a bar of Perversion soap for my boy, since it's one of my favorite scents on him. I love the presentation of the bar; it's wrapped beautifully and looks beautiful (gray with scrubby flecks of black), but that's about as far as my love goes. I was really disappointed in the fragrance. I don't think that I would ever have made the connection that it was supposed to smell like "Perversion." It just has a generic soap smell, like any hotel room bar soap. It smells like soap. It has a light scrubbiness to it.

My boy liked this well enough. It lathered well and he said he felt very clean afterwards. He was rather amused by the name, more than anything, lol.

For me, this dried out my skin really badly, even worse than the other BPTP soaps I've tried. My skin still feels very tight, dry and unhappy after the shower, even after applying lotion several times. I think this is the worst my skin has ever felt, dryness-wise.

These soaps just don't seem to agree with me :P

Edited by Tania

I bought a bar of Perversion soap for my boy, since it's one of my favorite scents on him. I love the presentation of the bar; it's wrapped beautifully and looks beautiful (gray with scrubby flecks of black), but that's about as far as my love goes. I was really disappointed in the fragrance. I don't think that I would ever have made the connection that it was supposed to smell like "Perversion." It just has a generic soap smell, like any hotel room bar soap. It smells like soap. It has a light scrubbiness to it.

My boy liked this well enough. It lathered well and he said he felt very clean afterwards. He was rather amused by the name, more than anything, lol.

For me, this dried out my skin really badly, even worse than the other BPTP soaps I've tried. My skin still feels very tight, dry and unhappy after the shower, even after applying lotion several times. I think this is the worst my skin has ever felt, dryness-wise.

These soaps just don't seem to agree with me :D

My bar smells nothing like the oil- there is maybe a slight hint of almond- but nothing else. :P I cut a small piece off to use in the shower and am very unhappy with the quality of this soap, it lathered ok, but left my skin very dry.

I had high hopes for this soap, perversion is my favorite BPAL oil, but will never purchase this soap again.

Sadly, this soap didn't hold it's scent at all. I recently snagged a slice, as Perversion is one of my favorite oils, and the scent is very faint. I like the scrubby texture of the bar, but my skin felt dry afterward (though this is quite common with bar soap). I must say that the lather was impressive (so much!!!) even if the soap at this stage wasn't.