Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
eponai

Heavy BPAL scents

i am trying to enable a friend who is into very heavy scents like vetiver, earth, and cardamom. :P i think she will go nuts over typhon. can anyone recommend anything similar that is currently available?

thanks!

~epona

i am trying to enable a friend who is into very heavy scents like vetiver, earth, and cardamom. :P i think she will go nuts over typhon. can anyone recommend anything similar that is currently available?

thanks!

~epona

You might try: Nephilim, Black Annis, Incantation, Two Monster, Umbra, Voodoo, Burial, Nocnitsa... how is your friend with patchouli? Snake Oil might be a decent starting point. Or Death Adder for something a bit deeper.

You might try: Nephilim, Black Annis, Incantation, Two Monster, Umbra, Voodoo, Burial, Nocnitsa... how is your friend with patchouli? Snake Oil might be a decent starting point. Or Death Adder for something a bit deeper.

thanks for the suggestions, cordia, i was thinking along the same lines. she sniffed my first imp pack, which was snake oil, voodoo, velvet, bastet, scherezade, tintagel, and al-azif, and she thought they all smelled the same, kind of like baby powder! i am thinking it was just because her 'bpal nose' is not developed yet and she needed more time than just sniffing them out of the imp. i have a bottle of typhon and i think its heavy and strong enough that she'll like it quite a bit, but i am afraisd if she falls in love with it she won't be able to find any more. she is ok with patchouli as long as its not too "hippie", and from what i have sampled of beth's patchouli notes thus far i don't think she was to worry.....

thanks!

SATURNALIA.

I love Saturnalia. I have an aged bottle and it smells divine (for someone who likes vetiver). It's extremely earthy, dark and gritty.

SATURNALIA.

I love Saturnalia. I have an aged bottle and it smells divine (for someone who likes vetiver). It's extremely earthy, dark and gritty.

i wholeheartedly agree with the saturnalia rec...one of my favs!!

also, devil's claw, malediction and sloth are very heavy on the vetiver...i adore

them...

if you can get your hands on bad luck woman blues as well...very earthy and dark...

gorgeous :P

Mmmm-Saturnalia is my big vote. Very vetiver very violet and...:

• Lex Talionis
  • Eat Me
  • Snake Oil
  • Vixen (Red Musk but...)
  • Ravenous (Earth Orange)
  • Voodoo
  • Hunger (with sexah narcissus)

That is just a partial list. I think your friend will not be disappointed in the patchouli and vetiver numbers, as well as the vetiver and red musk numbers and...well, you get the picture. I think BPAL is an excellent excellent place for the vetiver lover.

Bloodlust! I amp dragon's blood, so it's a good thing that I love how it smells on me, but with this one, the patchouli, red musk, and vetiver keep the dragon's blood in check, and the vetiver really comes out to play after about a half hour. It's sex in a bottle to me. :P

Death Adder

Zombi

Tezcatlipoca

Santa Muerte

Those are my heaviest scents. Zombi & Santa Muerte are all about the earth note too. The Tez is super rich and heavy and dark. And Death Adder is just delish :P

N.

What they said, plus from The Salon:

The Great He-Goat

Mad Meg

The Smiling Spider

Two Monsters

all of those would be fantastic for those tastes! (which are also, coincidentally, my tastes)

My favorite earthy scent is Death Cap and my favorite vetiver that's currently available...hmm...Blood Kiss and Umbra probably, and Malediction, Death Adder too...

Typhon is definitely worth seeking out though!

Black & Red Musks are also great, dark scents. Fenris Wolf is amazing, as is Scherezade and Dragon's Musk.

Other sexy dark ones: Nifilheim, Torture King (if you can get it), Voodoo, Burial, and Nocnitsa.

You might want to try Blood Kiss, which is darkly sweet (vetiver, vanilla, honey, clove, cherry); Samhainophobia is another darkly sweet blend, but it's an LE from last fall, so it may be trickier to find.

Sign in to follow this