Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Hey, I get to do a review!!

Wet - it smells like lemon scented gas station deodorant. Y'know, that really STRONG scented kind.

On me for the initial blast - it warps into Lemon Lysol.

After 30 minutes - a lovely sweetish lemon scent - very clean and cheery, but not soapy.

All in all, a very interesting scent!

this is lemon ice cream scent for me. it does remind me of cleaning fluid but not in a bad way. very fresh and bright summery scent with an ambery drydowm.

tnx, shelldoo :P

Edited by Kosyena

I got frimped this by the lovely Ah Xia :P

In the imp: Lemony washing powder.. but somehow yummy?

On my skin: The washing powder is turning more into a pleasant clean sheets smell with a yummy creamy lemony smell.

Dry on skin: Lemon is to the forefront & it's taken on a sherberty candy like status with the clean sheets blowing in the wind behind.

Overall: Not a scent I'd usually go for but it's quite unusual & I'll definately use my imp.

Thanks, Shelldoo!

Delousing Powder - Lemon, vanilla and laundry detergent powder. :P Freshly washed lemon ice cream!

Imp: Comet brand cleanser, though not as harsh. It's like Beth went under my kitchen sink to mix this one :P

Wet: Flea shampoo! A soft lemon-tinged scent, but very reminiscent of cleaning products.

Dry: Baby powder and lemon soap, a little creamy.

This smells so good I wish I had lice.

OK, not really. But it's SO good on me. I'm always wary of stuff that goes all cleaning-producty, but somehow the citrus/lemon in this doesn't do that. It's very sweet and dessert-like, kind of like candied orange slices. The powdery aspect is there, too (and it is a little reminiscent of putting flea powder on your cat--but that just reminds me of kitties and makes me happy). It's all quite refreshing and light and pretty.

And now I really hope someone asks me "What's that perfume you're wearing?" just so I can tell them it's Delousing Powder!

Edited to add that this is one of the longest-lasting citrusy BPALs I've tried yet. I didn't even reapply at midday like I usually do, and I can still smell it without even bringing my wrist to my nose.

Edited by Iceblink

Forgot to add my review of this one...Delousing Powder is not really strong citrus in the imp--I pick up more amber (I'd guess black amber if I had to be more specific) and even a dash of musk, maybe? On my skin the lemon is more prominent, which doesn't surprise me, as I amp it. It's real competition--the amber and lemon are discordant, and the amber actually starts to win out as the drydown increases. This actually reminds me of Haunted in terms of the way the blend is acting--this is why I feel there might be a bit of musk in here as well. The lemon does not go away completely and does give it an interesting edge that makes me mind the amber/musk/what-have-you less than I usually would. The scent also holds well. Alas, I don't think it's quite right for me; it's one of those where I like the idea of having an imp around, but know I would rarely wear it. Still, it's a really cool blend.

I have this because Blondiekins is a goddamn winner! :D

Ahhh! :D

Oh, this is sooooo good! Bright lemon (and aloe?) - the wet phase reminds me of La Fee Verte without the tea. It's bright, fresh lemon with that touch of vanilla. Dry, it's like Enraged Bunny Musk (which I also love!) without the clover. It's light vanilla lemon with pale musk.

SO much love for this. It's luscious! :P

First off, thanks so much teh gwynhwyfar for the frimp of this :P

I didn't think that this one would be up my alley, but I am really enjoying it! At first it smells like hardcore lemon cleanser, but within seconds it softens to a lemon/vanilla/sea spray sort of scent, similar to F5 but with vanilla and a tiny tiny bit of spice (I think, or at least that's what my nose is telling me). This is a really clean and refreshing scent that doesn't go soapy on me.

Too bad there won't be a bottle of this, as I would totally get one. Good lemon scents are hard for my skin chemistry to come by!

In the imp: wow, powdery lemon and - is that cotton blossom? very fetching.

On me, wet: this is very like Enraged Bunny Musk, that pretty powder (I say as someone who hates powdery scents otherwise) and lemon and general flounciness.

On me, dry: hmm, it's turned a little soapy on me, but that lemon and girly powder are stilll there being all cute and quietly feisty - they're just extra-well-washed now.

Verdict: I'll keep my imp around, I guess, but I don't think it'll replace the Bunny for when I want this sort of frilly powder scent.

Ohhhhh, this was an interesting one. I got two frimps of this from Shelldoo and was very sceptical. I am and always will be a foodie and a nut for all things sweet. So based on the name and the descriptions here I was sure I wasn't going to like Delousing Powder.

Bottle: Lemon and detergent powder that are trying their very hardest to be perfume.

Wet: Lemon is the most prevalent note. The powder becomes something softer, like a really nice talc powder. And then all of a sudden, there comes a creamy scent along with a musk!

Dry: I consider it a testament to my body chemistry that it can turn something called Delousing Powder into something this creamy. The warm musk is still there too, now mixing with pine a few hours later. Again, lemon is overt note. The powder is all but gone. How on earth is this the same concoction that everyone else here is reviewing?

To me, this smells like....the manliest scent I've ever put too my nose. It smells like everything those men's body sprays like Axe and Old Spice got wrong. If men would wear clouds of this instead of that junk, I'd take them home. Buuuut it's not really what I prefer to smell like. I think I'll keep one for the next time I'm feeling lonely and swap one.

In the imp: Lemon comet toilet cleaner. *nodnod* 100%

Wet: Lemon candy? WTF?

Dry: Well, hell. It's soft, musky, creamy, lemony YUM IN A BUCKET! Holy cow. I have no idea how Beth did that. She just took toilet cleaner and turned it into WIN.

Initial Impression: light lemon, powdery, slightly sweet

On Wet: sharper lemon, still powdery, clean with a hint of spice

On Dry: spicier yet softer

Final Impression: a nice, clean, spicy scent. Plus, it's fun to tell people what you're wearing.

Rating (on a scale of 1-5): 3.5

In the imp, this smells lemony and slightly spicy.

On the skin, this is similar to Enraged Bunny Musk, only it’s not as musky, without the cotton, and more lemony. The lemon is not tart, it’s more like a representation or interpretation of lemon. It is very much like a lemony-fresh cleaning product.

But with a bit spice too.

I am SO disappointed! This stuff in my imp can't possibly be Delousing Powder. Everyone says it is heavenly and wonderful. I got zip. And a headache. It had such potential, too!

In the imp: reminds me of some sort of candy- I am picking up sugar and tart.

Wet: Creamy candy continuing.

Dry: BUG SPRAY!!! What the hell happened? The sweet has turned vicious and has such a razor sharp edge that it is painful! I really wish I knew the ingredients, because the something in this that has turned to Raid gives me a headache and makes me nauseous. It's like someone keeps smacking me in the head.

Will NOT be keeping this.

I am somewhat confused at all of the squeeing upthread. On me, it was strong! lemon in the imp, and sharp lemon cleaning fluid on the skin. High marks for fidelity to the concept, but unwearable for me--I swapped the imp.

Delousing Powder – I can’t believe I haven’t reviewed this yet since it’s one of my all-time favorite BPAL blends! I have read all of the reviews and just boggled over the fact that almost everyone smells citrus and detergent – I don’t smell any notes like that in any of the numerous imps I’ve collected. To me, it’s 100% amber and golden musk. I’ll allow for perhaps a drop of orange since there is something very sun-shiny about this blend, but it doesn’t smell like any sort of cleaner at all. The amber definitely turns a bit powdery on me, as amber often does. Overall, it’s a gorgeous, bright scent, that’s heavy on the amber and light on everything else everyone else smells. The throw and staying power are both remarkably strong.

I'd better review this before I forget what it is like.

I've got to say I'm not getting the lemon cleaner aspect a lot of people are getting, but more of a golden cologne. Wet, there's definitely lemon there, but dry it's sexy and smooth. I think I get a dash of sweet clove, maybe a little amber and oakmoss? Ah, I dunno, but it comes out gorgeous and slightly masculine on me. Warm and musky.

Wow, Delousing Powder. I got this on eBay just out of sheer curiosity, and am surprised to find it's not bad! There is a Lemon Pledge wet phase that I don't love, but it quickly mellows out into a lovely sweet powder that's quite yummy. Reminds me of the cake-like drydown I used to get from my beloved French Creole before my chemistry did a 180. *shakes tiny fists at cruel universe* Hey, maybe that's the Sweet Clove someone mentioned earlier? FC wet is like Clove single note, so it's entirely possible that DP has some.

I'll have to try it again though because I still get periodic wafts of Lemon Pledge and it may end up not working for me. But kudos to Beth for making something called Delousing Powder smell so great!

This highly unoriginal review brought to you by the time of 3:37 a.m.

Edited by roesmoker

Delousing Powder is not quite me, as a scent, but I love having been able to try it because it is just such a perfect interpretation of its name. It really does smell like some kind of medical cleaning powder, although not in a nose wrinkling way. It is powdery (without smelling powdery in the way that some BPALs do when they meet my skin chemistry) and lemony. After a couple of hours it gets less powdery and I like this stage best.

In the bottle: Pale peach-amber colour. Sharp, clean and slightly soap, citrusy. Quite fresh, but a bit biting too. It does smell a bit like a cleaning product, but not unpleasantly. Hints of spice and powder. Powdery dishwashing detergent with warm spicy base - bizarre!

Wet: Spicier, and suddenly sweet. Sweet clove, I suspect. Less citrus, though the sour lemon is still present. Sparkling/fizzy in a cool way that's somewhere between Sprite and a foaming cleaning product. A bit powdery, and warm - I think that's amber, also providing some sweetness.

Dry: Even spicier - as usual, clove amps on me, and the amber has gone noticeably but not unbearably powdery. Only the faintest hint of citrus remains, although this still has a sparkling quality. It's oddly both warm and bright/fresh. No longer soapy.

Later: Whoa. Total change! This become intensely earthy, woody and dry - oakmoss and maybe oak and even patchouli - and maybe some musk. Citrus - gone. Sparkling note - gone. This bares NO resemblance to the earlier stages at all! There's also a slightly nutty note, maybe something like barley?

Summary: It morphs from a wet fizzy-sparkling, slightly powdery, lemony fresh, rather delicious dishwashing powder to a dry middle stage of sweet clove, light citrus, and softly powdered sweet amber, to a final drydown of dry woody oak, soft musk, earthy patchouli and oakmoss, and maybe a nuttygrain. Low throw, good lasting power.

I love the initial stage, because powdered lemon dishwashing detergent is one of my favourite smells; I huff it compulsively (really!). And it's such a unique, FIZZY scent. I do enjoy the weird morphing, but the final drydown is too simplistically DRY WOODY for the most part, and I don't like that light nutty note.

I also get a lemony fresh cleaning product from the imp, but a really nice one that leaves your house smelling good. On the skin it smells like evil lemon drops! I did get a slight allergic reaction on the crooks of my elbows. I get this from a few other oils too, not sure what the common ingredient is. Damn sensitive, pale skin! (shakes fist) It is fine on my wrists though, and, of course, in my scent locket. I usually like lemony scents, so I'm glad I got to try this one. It's got a nice throw and lasts a while as well. :P

Delousing Powder reminds me oddly of fresh cotton sheets...or possibly linen. It's a very clean scent, but also very soft. It faded almost immediately on me.

In Vial: aged lemon

Wet: strong men's cologne

Dry Smells perfect for an older gent. Reminds me of my Grandfather.

This was a frimp from a generous swapper-in the imp this smells like lemon dryer sheets O_o Definitely a lemon and cotton scent. A bit too cleanser-y for my tastes.

GAHH, on my skin it is even MORE cleansery! Like fresh cotton sheets dipped in lemon cleanser. It thankfully calms down quickly after a few moments on the skin-sweetens up a bit so it is not so astringent.

The lemon and astringent-y cleanser smell fades a lot as this fully dries down. This ends up being a clean warm cotton smell with a hint of lemon. The full drydown is by far my favorite stage. Not something I need to keep, but worth trying if you are into clean cottony scents.