Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Attendees at the June 30, 2007 Thunder Moon Will Calls on the East and West coasts were offered "an extra-speshul themed package" if they donated an item of clothing at the door to help women in local shelters.

To match the "Privilege and Pruno" theme of the events, the package was a plastic baggie with standard prison-issue toothbrush, comb, plastic razor, soap (samples of Macha's new line of Silk Road Trading Company soaps to be exact) and an imp of Delousing Powder! There was no description - only a frosty glare from the warden as she confiscated your clothes. :lol:

In the imp: LOUD lemon cleaning scent.

Wet: Weapons-grade Embalming Fluid.

And then it dries right into lemony-fresh powder. But not just any powder: it's Ka-Powder! Nose tickling, sinus-clearing Comet detergent. Loud, brash and guaranteed to keep you awake and sobbing your whole first night in jail.

For all the humor behind it, it's actually wearable. Especially if you're trying to convince your roommates you really DID mop the kitchen floor today. Honest!

My Delousing Powder smelled like orange citrus creme powder...with a bit of amber. It was yummeh, like the center of a chocolate, sans chocolate. It's tangy and cheerful and very sweet! Just like louses!

I thought that delousing powder smelled very similar to snow angel.....I get sparkling lemon with some powder in the background...once it dries it turns into lemony powder on me....kind of smells like a lemon drop candy to me.....a very bright and cheery lemony scent!

My first thought when sniffing this was "Enraged Bunny Musk!" Now that I can test it, it does still remind me of it, with a bit more of a sparkling clean scent and I can see the comparisons to a Snow Angel-like lemony tea as well with extra sugar. I feel so clean I almost don't think I need to take a bath! But I probably do...

I agree that it's very much lemon cleansing powder- specifically, it reminds me of Comet. But wearable. Fades pretty quickly, at least the lemon part does. Light- which is good, because if this was strong it would clear your sinuses. A great keepsake.

I agree that it's very much lemon cleansing powder- specifically, it reminds me of Comet. But wearable. Fades pretty quickly, at least the lemon part does. Light- which is good, because if this was strong it would clear your sinuses. A great keepsake.

The first thought that I had opening it up was that it smelled like Ivory Soap after you put it in the microwave.[1]

It smelled fabulously clean, and I didn't get the same powder overload that Noumenon did, just clean, clean, clean. It's wearable, most definitely.

Odriana

[1] When you microwave a bar of Ivory soap, it foams in a majestic way. I did it in the name of SCIENCE! (for an explanation go to: http://www.chemistry.org/portal/a/c/s/1/fe...f06ed9fe800100).

My very first sniff of this - moments after it was handed to me at Will Call - was "ooo, wow!" so I can say with some confidence I'll probably like it.

In the Imp: Sparkling, sharp orangey laundry detergent powder. I like the "clean laundry" scents, so this makes me happy. There's something sunny about this, but definitely quite powdery. As someone else said, when Beth wants to make powder, boy does she ever make powder.

Wet: Sunnier, less screamingly orangey. Still very detergent. There's an ambery musk or something peeking out from behind the citrus.

Drydown: The powder really crawls out as this dries. I feel a bit like I stuck my nose in a cupful of Tide Citrus-Clean or something. It reminds me of clean sheets hung to dry on a line in the middle of a bright, hot July day; a little grass would complete it perfectly.

I AM IN LOVE! Why, oh why, can't there be more of this? :D :P

I loooove Delousing Powder - it reminds me very strongly of Enraged Bunny Musk, but without the cotton blossom note. It's really very lovely!

My Delousing Powder smelled like a combination of citrus and cleaning fluid. Not really in a bad way but just that after math from the mist of the spray-mild and refreshing.

Yep, citrus cleaning solution...I haven't had the nerve to try it on my skin yet with all the other choices now on hand for playing wth, but it was a hoot to get it along with a sample of Bordello soap (also untested as yet...too much driving this weekend). Thanks Lab team...it was a great intro to Will-Call!

This scent smelled lovely, very wearable. I think it's the most accessible BPAL I've smelled. It's got mainstream appeal. My sister commented that it smelled a bit like something you would find in Bath and Body Works. Clean smelling, a bit lemony without too much of the sharpness. Nice.

Industrial Cleaner! Sharp and artificial smelling (as much as something from Beth could be), I haven't been able to bring myself to wear it yet other than the bit that stayed on my fingers from sniffing.

Right it's sitting on my desk taunting me. Once the weather cools off a bit, I'll slather. Lemon anything+heat equals a smelly ferret.

In the imp: Sharp, abrasive lemon. Fresh lemon tempered with something that makes it smell like cleaner.

Wet: Oh! Lemon and Pine. The two scents blend well, and it is like a lemon scented pinesol, yet different. Maybe there's another element, too elusive for me to name, which adds that "perfume" quality to it.

Dry: The lemon softens and takes up second fiddle to the pine, which comes through warm and enveloping. Well, warm, but somehow cool and refreshing.

I like this one. It's not something I really need to wear, but I am a little enchanted with it.

Wow. The creativity and cheekiness is just another thing I love about The Lab.

Delousing Powder is really nice. There's a chance I'm wrong about the notes, but these are the impressions I get from it: something amber-like, something *slightly* citrus-like but no lemon, a tea, a musk of some sort, and an overall soft and powdery scent. I peeked at some of the other reviews and I do agree that it is like a sort-of cousin to Enraged Bunny Musk.

This smells like a rich spoiled brat who was wearing too much expensive floral perfume, after her shower upon entry to the prison system. i kinda get the citrusy stuff while wet, but it's a powdery soap scent, with a hint of expensive florals beneath it. Yes, a distant cousin to EBM (enraged louse musk??)

ok i smell a SLIGHT SLIGHT hint of that note that's in snow white.

definitely clean, powdery, with the hint of a past of debauchery.....

too powdery/floral for me, but very fitting for the name/theme!

I finally got around to trying this and I smell like dryer sheets! :P

Far too clean and powdery for me. It reminds me of Clean Cotton and its ilk. I wish I knew whatever scent I got on my fingers at the beginning of ECWC that I loved and thought was Delousing Powder.

I got this as a frimp from the generous shelldoo. :P

In the imp: Clean smelling

On Skin: There is a touch of powderyness but mostly clean smelling lemon.

On Drydown: Amber. It's musky and somewhat masculine. It's so warm.

Verdict: It starts out fresh and powdery and ends up masculine and musky. Very pretty and I love the concept but this one isn't for me.

I likewise got this as a frimp from the lovely shelldoo! :P

In the imp: almost identical to my much beloved Bunny Musk - sweet, clean, and slightly powdery.

On Wet: Mmmm...so delicious - like I've dabbed my wrist with liquid candy. Again, incredibly similar to EBM (the same base, I think), but with an extra dash of powderiness. I'm not detecting anything overtly lemony, but there is a light citrus vibe going on.

Drydown: Still clean, sweet, and pleasantly powdery. There's also a hint of that same light spice that I get from EBM. This lasts for ages, too, and the throw is perfect - just enough for me to catch a whiff every once and a while, reminding me of how fantastic I smell.

Overall: I'm a huge Bunny Musk fan, so it's no surprise that I'm enjoying this scent. It's fresh and feminine, sweet and sunny - it's absolutely lovely. I think I prefer my gorgeous bunny blend more, but only by a...hare? (Hardy-Har-Har!!! :D) An easy 4.5/5.

Delousing Powder

In the imp: this smells like soapy lemon cleaner, the stuff I use when dusting the house!

Wet on skin: hmm, interesting, now I smell herbs? And also something like lemon cream.

Dry on skin: not bad! This does smell reminiscent of things like lemon house cleaner, washing detergent, and the overwhelming feel is that of lemony 'shake-n-vac' powder meets Cif bathroom cleansing cream! It is creamy and lemony and powdery all at once, with that touch of clean fresh soap. However, this is a lot more interesting than mere cleaning products. I smell something herbal, something warm, maybe even resinous to this? Someone mentioned amber. I also smell posh perfume.

After a while: the lemon scent tones down and the herbal smell increases. Makes me think of the more traditional delousing remedies, more specifically, like bathing in an infusion of certain herbs being used to kill the little itchy things…there's a warm, bubbly soapy feel to this that arises that makes me think of baths. I smell heady perfume mixed in as well, different to Privilege, this perfume is more of an amber-spice scent, I smell pepper or a similar spice here as well, which is unusual. It smells more like a posh dusting powder perfume than one to get rid of lice! The lovely spicy warmth is what remains, with very little of the original soapy scent. At the end it turns a little masculine, almost woody, like a slight hint of aftershave. It now reminds me of one of the bay rum scents.

Verdict: I was expecting a really powdery detergent scent like Numb from this, but it was pleasantly different. It does remind me of various lemony cleaning products-at one moment I smell like shake-n--vac, at another moment I smell of Cif. But then the scent changes into something less soapy, less powdery, more herbal-incensy, and more posh. Like some kind of luxury cleaning product or bath foam, and then turns to a sophisticated soap scent, with a warm scent like clean towels spritzed with perfume. Overall the smell is gives a feel of warm fluffy cleanliness which seems more suited to a luxury hotel than a prison! It certainly fits the whole Paris theme, and it's a fantastic novelty scent. I like this one more than I thought I would…but thanks to it's resemblances to cleaning products during the first hour of wear, I'm not sure I'd keep it despite it's pretty drydown. It's a fun scent though, I'm glad I got to try it!

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? not sure-it's a lot better than I expected though!

Edited by yeahbutnobut

I was frimped this by the awesomeness of shelldoo!

Like others, I got a very strong lemon/citrus vibe out of this. Usually, lemon sends me running for the hills and smells like dishwasher soap. Not so with Delousing Powder! It does smell a little like Fairy Citrus, but it has a lovely sweet sherbert vibe about it too. It smells more like one of those frothy, citrusy, sweet cocktails you get on mainland Europe in August than soap. It also reminds me of lemon Callippos (ice lollies).

All in all, a pleasant scent, perfect for hot summer days - which means I won't be wearing it any time soon :P *looks out gloomily at the rainy and flooded country*

In the imp: Baby powder and musk.

Wet: Lemon pledge, lemon drops, baby powder and musk.

Drydown: It's... fluffy? Fluffy sweet lemon. Not at all what I was expecting, but rather pleasant in a powdery, soft sort of way. It does strike me as being "dry" though, faintly tangy and decidedly powder-like.

Verdict: While this isn't really a scent I'd wear regularly, since it's a little too dry for my liking, I'm floored by the lengths at which the Lab goes to in coming up with inventive, innovative scents. This is definitely one of them, both in terms of theme and composition. An interesting sniff, to say the least. (Mush love to shelldoo for passing on a frimp of this to try.)

I too was frimped this by the shelldoo!

I wasn't going to mention that... except that she seems to be getting quite a LOT of enabler points for frimping Delousing Powder.

Clean and fresh.. I'm getting more lime than lemon on me, which is good since I LOVE the lime! It's also a little sweet... like limeaide on a hot summer day. It dried down to a rather masculine summer fragrance and it works really really well on me! It has the same fresh lightness that endeared Namaste to me.

Can we has 5ml Beth, please?

Shelldoo is a goddess :P

I get a fresh strong citrus in this like a freshly cut lemon or another more unripe citrus fruit as well as the powder that everyone else seems to get. Its almost like this scent has a texture, like thick creamy gritty glass cleaner for a stove top. There is something else in this, cheeky and hard for me to put my finger on but pleasant. Very glad to have this.

Edited by khiseer

straight sniff from imp is a light, lemony baby powder...

once applied this turns so pretty and light and feminine...

a lot like enraged bunny musk but with more lemony depth for me...

love it!