Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Gah. This is gross gross GROSS to me :sick:.

It's powdery like baby powder, but not as clean and soft smelling as baby powder. It's like baby powder that has been absorbed into really greasy, sweaty hair, with a tiny hint of sour, urine-like lemon cleanser.

Absolutely awful...

Edited by Little Bird

To me, this is like baby powder, but a more mature baby powder...A touch of lemon, a touch of sweetness. It goes on like baby powder with a little bit of a medicinal touch, but dries down into the lemony sweetness, baby-powder-all-grown-up kinda scent that I am really enjoying!

I love this! You'd think a scent with "Powder" in the name would go to powder...but it doesn't (at least not as much as notes that "powder out"). It smells like tart, intense lemon with a bit of sugar thrown in for good measure...there's a bit of sweet softness there, like a little powdered sugar halo. What a bright, lovely lemon scent...something between Lemonheads and a lemon tart.

This is a scent that embodies the brilliance of BPAL scents.

It really does smell a little astringent and soapy when wet, as well as lemony...I actually mentally envisioned an orange jumpsuit stiffly laundered when I first put it on. But as it dries down, the Borax quality dissipates, leaving a lovely, gentle sweet lemon.

Not sure it's worth the wait for the drydown, but I like it.

Ah, I`m a lemon fan in perfume and in food so it`s not a surprise that I like this lovely blend. Wet is slightly soapy and aggressive, but as I like lemon soap it`s truly enjoyable for me. After some musk seems to come out and in the end a sugary amazing lemon note stays true. I suggest it to lemon lovers, especially the Panacea ones.

And thanks Puddin` :wub2:

In the vial this is a light, sweet scent with a hint of pink musk stick-like scent in the background. On my skin it had a touch of powdery sweetness and a delicious lemon drop lolly-like note to it, with the sweet musk scent hiding in the background. After a few hours this has faded quickly, but a clean, soft, musky powdery scent remains on my skin.

If I ever need a delousing powder, I'd pick one in this scent! ^_^

Begins very lemon and as unimportant ... but oh my god, when it is dry, I was involved a male and musky scent, warm, which only makes me think of torsos of naked men .. 00000288.gif (and put my head on them ... in a protective way, to clarify) . Has musky tone that is my beloved red rose. I love. wub2.gif

Edited by Melenass

Received as a frimp, was hoping for yummy lemon, but on me, this is mostly powdery musk :(

I never got any lemon at all, either in the Lab imp or on my skin. Instead, I get all powdery musky men's cologne -- and it's somehow a very familiar men's cologne. Huh. This must smell like some particular man... ok, wait, the more it dries down the more it reminds me of... ARGH this smells exactly like my ex-husband!!!

Might be nice for someone else. I can't possibly wear this. Off to swaps!

Well it's powder in liquid form! Wet this is a bit lemony but when it dries down it's powder, sweet powder! I kinda like it.

When this is wet and as it dries, this is a dead ringer for cheap scented underarm deodorant - you know the kind you buy at Rite Aid or Walgreen? As it dries, it gets sweeter and more powdery (if possible). At this stage it's a cross between the lemon powdered sugar you get on doughnuts and baby powder. It's not intolerable by any means, but as I have no desire to smell like any of these things, this one's not for me.

On the skin: Huh. I am having trouble describing this one! It's.... a bit powdery/musky with a hint of sweet lemon. This one doesn't have much throw on me. It's actually kinda nice! A very comforting scent. It never gets too strong, but it is just very pleasant.

On me this is a lemony version of Enraged Bunny Musk. I think I like EBM which is good because I have a bottle of that and only an imp of this!

In the imp: Clear, light beige oil. Fresh scent with a very light lemon note and florals.

On me, wet: I really like this. The florals are stronger than the lemon, but they are well balanced. It's very clean, fresh, sweet, and light.

On me, just dried: It's rather like a light classic perfume. I'm picking up some rose, which is lovely with the light lemon. l like it that the lemon is so light, not overpowering like it is in most blends that use it. There's some baby powder, too. I like the scent of baby powder anyway, but here it is especially nice because of the way it keeps the fragrance so soft and light.

After 10 minutes: The lemony note is already evaporating, leaving mostly dry amber, rose, and baby powder. I see a picture in my mind of young ladies going to church dressed in their Sunday best. I agree with the laundry soap/dryer sheets impression, but I do like the smell of those; and this is a very pretty, more upscale, version.

After 30 minutes: This scent is remarkably consistent, both in the notes and the throw. There's just a teeny bit of spiciness - not the intense spiciness of something like clove, but a gentle spiciness that could be carnations.

After 1 hour: Pretty much the same as above. It's fading a little, the sweetness is a little less, and the spiciness is a little more. But all of these are very subtle changes.

After 8 hours: There's still a bit of powdery amber scent lingering.

Verdict: This perfume is young, gentle, ultra feminine, and beautiful. And it is one of just two or three BPAL blends that lasted 8 hours or more on my skin, Its powdery dry mood and lovely light scent would be the perfect antidote for the yucky sweatiness of a hot summer day.

My rating: 5 stars

This is the powderiest powder that there ever will be. It smells like cleaning products, deodorant, and other powdery things. I am not a fan.

While not an unpleasant scent, on the whole, the oddly sweet/powdery/medicinal/toiletry combination of this has an unfortunate scent-association for me. It strongly reminds me of when my former leading man was doing home health care and had to use hair/body powder on some of the patients who could not be bathed. Not for me.

However! I could see how this could work for some people. It has a really unique quality to it that, as a lover of softer scents, even I can admire. It would be a good fit for someone who likes clean, fresh-out-of-the-shower scents, especially if they're not big on the green/citrus blends. I know some others have mentioned it being lemony, but it smells more like pollen to me. Sweet and soft, good enough for a honey bee. If that sounds like you, give it a try even though my above comments probably don't sound like a ringing endorsement. ;)

Maybe my nose is broken. I get a sharp, harsh, musky rose from this--doesn't really smell like lemon to me.

ITI: Baby powder, pepper (?), and lemon? Hmm, not too fond of this in the imp.

Wet: Lemon ice with musk and baby powder with a hint of linen perhaps. It’s much better wet on my skin.

Dry: Now it semlls like lemony, powdery men’s cologne. It’s still attractive, though.

In bottle: Powdery green tea, with lemon. I’m guessing amber and something else, maybe tonka, but I can’t swear to it. It does indeed smell a little like a flea powder for cats that was popular in the ‘70’s, to the point that I struggle with notes. (seriously, sniffing it I get strong associative memories of powdering our Siameses in a bad flea season, and I can’t objectively break it down, so anything I said above is speculative). It also smells like it ought to be itchy, though it isn’t. I find the scent association confusing enough that I don’t want to put it on my skin, though likely it is safe.

Wet: At first this was way too sharp and strange, but it's warming into something totally unique. There is something lemony and something almost like cocoa butter.

Drying: Something remarkably foody and warm about this. The more it dries the more unusal it gets! I am really digging this!

Dry: I can't even begin to guess what's in it, but I'm digging it!

Wet: Sour baby powder. My nose kind of shriveled up when I smelled this.

Dry: Gah, nope. It's somehow a bit more sour than the wet stage. Not getting any kind of lemony sweetness or anything that others have talked about.