Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarada

Selkie

The chill waters of the Orkney coast, tea-leaved willow, honey-touched Grass-of-Parnassus, sea aster, and Scottish Primrose.

First Sniff: Aquatic flowers: light and fresh.

Initial Wet Application: Bright and fresh aquatic flowers, with a touch of lemon juice. The flower is similar to a lily, so I’m guessing that’s the astor.

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): As this began the drydown, I’m betting this will fade away since it’s so light and clean. The lemon juice is pleasant and not overbearing though which is nice.

My Reaction: I had hoped for a more salty aquatic, maybe even with a hint of fur (seal skin, you know?). This was nice, feminine, light and clean. But it’s too light on my skin and not nearly aquatic enough. Probably good that I didn’t love this since it’s discontinued!

Rating: 2

This is really pretty, but does lean on the laundry soap side of things. Staying power is impressive. Just not a white, clean floral that works for me.

The first time I tested this, a day or two after the decant arrived, it was primarily a rose-y aquatic (primrose and salty sea water).

The second time I tried it, it was much greener. I googled Grass-of-Parnassus and saw that it was a floral note and not actual grass, so I am not sure if it is the leaves of the willow or something in the aquatic note or what. It is very loud and is the main note I get in the throw of the scent. Eventually, it settles into mostly aquatic primrose, but the greenery is still there.

I wanted to try this because I've been to the Orkney islands in April 2017. It doesn't remind me of the Orkneys, but it was still fun to get to try it and it's worth a try if you'd like a floral aquatic scent.