Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ah Xia

Dian's Bud

Be as thou wast wont to be;
See as thou wast wont to see:
Dian's bud o'er Cupid's flower
Hath such force and blessed power.

This scent is very light and has a bit of a "green stem" undertone, and a bit of orris or violet. I am also getting a very strange note, almost like damp clay or rocks, or dew covered stones on a garden path. It's very remiscent of some of the Exhibit III Asian themed Salon scents, or like Orpheus without the sharp herbal overtones. It sticks fairly close to the skin and doesn't have much throw. Edited by Shollin

in the vial:fresh, watery, almost melon like.

wet: it is very watery, fruit like.

as it dries it becomes more floral and less watery there is a touch of greeness but i am thinking fresh green moss, not stems. it is somewhat on the clean side.

for those who like fresh, clean, watery, florals this will be a winner.

Dian's Bud - I did a modicum of research and what came up is that "Dian's Bud" is another name for Wormwood. This surprised me because I thought wormwood was bitter, but this blend is watery and sweet, and almost melon-like... kind of like drinking the juice of a casaba melon. It's very pretty and perfect, light summer-time scent. It sticks close to the skin and the staying power is below-average, but it's just so delicate and pretty that it's positively irresistible.

Edited by edenssixthday

DIAN'S BUD

In Bottle: Herbal tea

On Skin: At first this scent scares me off. It was a very bitter tea quality to it, and I really dislike the scent of tea. But as it develops on my skin it becomes much sweeter and I get a bit of green melon in it. Very nice… There is also a slight menthol feel to it, but sweet almost like eucalyptus. Quite a morphng scent on me. It is very clean and fresh, but not in a stark or sharp way. Just the right amount of sweetness balanced with herbal tones. I love the feel it gives and that it stimulates the senses. It has a light throw and fairly short wearlength.

It is very green in scent, like the stems of flowers. Okay here it is- its like violet stems in water, or may be like green violets. I think that an imp of this is enough for me.

Dian’s Bud, it seems, is both a reference to “nipple” and to wormwood. In that vein, of all the wormwood/absinthe themed blends I’ve ever tried, this one is made for me. There’s just a hint of absinthe-like green at first, sweet as crystallized sugar. Then it unfurls into a subtle, complex, heart-melting floral.

Of all the Midsummer scents I ordered, this is the one that makes me happy.

Dian's Bud is fresh clean and a tiny bit lemon-y on my skin. It very light and non-instrusive, and not at all clean in a soapy or sharp sort of way; it's just very crisp and light. I like this one a lot, but more as a room scent than as a personal fragrance, it seems perfect for keeping my apartment smelling fresh (and less like a sweaty dog :P). This is lovely scent for those of you who adore "clean" scents as perfume :D

Edited by euterpe414

In the bottle : very light and fresh. There's some melon in there. Flowery melon, to be precise.

On my skin: it gets all floral, very powerful (and yet light) white flowers. It's very pretty but I can't imagine wearing this, as I'm not a floral fan.

After a while: it gets very pretty... it feels like very light white musk with a touch of unidentified flower. I wish I didn't have to wait for at least 2 hours to get this because it's really a very elegant fragrance, the kind of floral I could wear quite often.

Verdict: the imp will do.

In the imp: Greenish floral.

Wet: Greenish tint with a nice lighter flowers--they aren't dandelions and daisies, but that's what they make me think about...

Drydown and wear: It gets slightly more floral and citrusy as it dries down (with the grassy aspect vanishing), but it doesn't morph too much on my skin. It's a pretty light scent, and it has good staying power for a light floral, but it's not quite right for me. I think I'm going to swap this one.

I got an imp of this today from Shelldoo! Yay! Thanks!

In the imp - this is a very clean, light scent, almost.. like a slightly fruity white tea.

Wet - I have to keep saying clean. It's not soapy on me, but light.. and I do detect a slight melon-y note now and then.

Dry - wow, I'm loving this. It's so.. Light! I hate to keep repeating that, but it is just that - light, airy, sweet floral. The melon's there still, just a tad, enough to give it a bit of a throw. A nice sweet scent, something you might wear on a summer picnic, or to a wedding maybe.

As soon as I opened the imp I got a big whiff of melon. I put it on my skin, and the melon scent morphed into something like cucumber. Green, sweet, and a little juicy.

This smells fresh and pleasant. Not clean like laundry detergent, but clean like pure.

When it's dry it has more of a floral aspect to it, something bright and almost watery. Very slightly tart.

I end up with the overall impression that it smells odd. I'm not sure why. As I was sniffing it while it was drying down, it seemed like I kept liking it. But when it's dry there's something about it that's off-putting to me. I wish I knew what it was. It's like there's an underlying green-ness. Eucalyptus, maybe? Also, it's unbelievably strong on me. I feel like someone would be able to smell it from a mile away.

I really can't make up my mind whether I like this. I liked the melon & cucumber stages. But when it's dry whenever I sniff it I feel like I'm getting a sudden headache. It's sort of weird.

This one is intriguing. Wet, it's a greenish floral with...a hint of wintergreen? Seriously, I think of the old Teaberry gum as the undertone.

Drying down, it's a bit more minty. There is still a hint of Teaberry gum.

Dry, it's like someone blended a light floral note (iris?) into Chartreuse liqueur, yellow Chartreuse to be specific, with a whisper of mint. Very summer-y and refreshing.

At first I thought Dian's Bud was something of a cucumber-melon fragrance; it had a watery green scent to it that reminded me of cucumber and a sweeter, fruitier sort of melon note. Watery, green, clean, and slightly sweet. There's also something herbal and cool and slightly menthol about this. In the drydown, though, this just turns into a perfumey floral on me. It's almost like Dian's Bud should be light and watery, but my skin is amping up the florals into something evil, or perhaps there is some sort of perfumey musk in this that I'm getting? I was hoping that this would be a green stem sort of fragrance on me, but it's another musky-perfumey-floral on my skin :P

i also got a cucumber/ melon ish scent from this--and pear glace from victoria's secret, but a natural, non cloying version...it this were a color, it would be a light lavender and a fresh pale grass green.

I was told my the woman in the leasing office at my apt that it smelled really good and clean--clean yet musky. then she forced me to pay 500 dollars for a cat deposit, lol. maybe i should buy her a bottle when i move out to ensure i get the deposit back?

On me, Dian's Bud is a green, innocent floral. I can't figure out which flower, but it smells like only one as opposed to a bouquet. I like it but I don't think I'll get a bottle anytime soon.

In the imp: cool, fresh, watery. A hint of violets? (I'm guessing here.)

Wet on me: A crisp melon note comes out first. I think I'm still getting violets, but they're *very* subdued. It is rather green, but it's a soft green, not pungent and herbal -- makes me think of tender green leaves on delicate flowers, sprinkled with morning dew.

After five minutes: A teeny-tiny hint of that absinthe scent people have been talking about! Wow, I don't know if I would have picked up on it if people hadn't mentioned it -- it's super-light. I tried the Bewitching Brews blend Absinthe yesterday and this is quite different. Still mainly melon to my nose.

Drydown: Crisp, wet, gentle floral with melon-like sweetness, and a hint of wormwood/absinthe that drifts in and out to sharpen things up a bit.

Innocent and pure while still a little sexy. This would be a beautiful spring scent -- wish I'd had it earlier this year!

Me, several minutes after applying Dian's Bud: "OMG, smell me! I smell like the best bubble bath ever."

And it's true. If bubble bath were a really lovely perfume, it'd smell like Dian's Bud. I know it sounds kind of weird, because who wants to smell like Mr. Bubbles? Maybe for novelty, but not as a regular everyday perfume. Yet I find myself wearing this one a couple times a week, and I frequently get compliments on it.

This is a very soft, sweet not-quite-floral. If there are violets in this blend, they are subdued, soft, and almost creamy. The overall effect is clean but not crisp or soapy; slightly aquatic, a little blurry, and...very soft.

This is the one I wear as a comfy scent, like a favorite pair of fuzzy jammie pants. I feel very mellow and homey wearing it - if I'm in a bouncy, chipper mood or if I want attention, I reach for something else. There's just something so sweet and unassuming about this blend, and I love that.

This was surprisingly fruity and sweet in the imp - I would have expected a Rappacini's Garden scent to be much greener / fresher than this.

Interestingly enough, the second it touched my skin, the fruit went away and Dian's Bud turned into a beautiful, slightly sweet floral with wonderful throw.

It is only after drydown that the greenness makes its entrance, accompanied by underlying aquatic notes. I usually do not do well with aquatics, but in this blend they do not bother me at all.

This is not really my kind of scent so I do not see myself getting more of it, but I have to admit that it is very well done. I think fans of fresh/green/aquatic scents should definitely give it a try.

Dian's Bud (colorless oil)

Imp: watery, green and sweet.

Skin: cucumber and aloe with a clear fruity sweetness. I wonder what fruit it is? ... a whitish green fruit, anyway.

Its pleasant and cheery, although a bit too sweet for my tastes. There is a dash of flowers, but "green fruity sweetness" is the strongest impression I get. And, yeah, I can imagine this being a bubblebath scent!

Light weight, breezy, Summer scent.

Very herbal florals at first. I accidentally put more than I intended on so I am smelling far too potent for my usual likes at the moment. The waft is a very clean, herbal, sweet floral however. Almost a little like a toned down Allison Gross thusfar on my skin. And it continues as such—very herbal florals.

Rating: 2/5

Not very descriptive, is it? I don't mind if they want to get poetic, but I'd really like an ingredient list. It is floral, which I expected. It is a nice floral, and certainly more pleasing than Morgause. A descent floral, but if one wanted that sort of thing, I'd suggest Prague or Muse.

On wet, there is a very distinctive cucumber/melon note. Very cool, crisp and aquatic. As it starts to dry, the cucumber/melon freshness drops a little and I get a juicy sort of white floral. Overall, as it keeps drying the white floral smell predominates and becomes very sweet.

I think this would make a great bridal scent. I loved the cucumber/melon stage but that didn't last long.

From start to finish this smells like standard bar soap. I primarily get a cucumber/mint combo, much like that light green cucumber Dove soap. Scrubbed this one off after a couple of hours.