Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ah Xia

Dian's Bud

Be as thou wast wont to be;
See as thou wast wont to see:
Dian's bud o'er Cupid's flower
Hath such force and blessed power.

Watery and herbal. I get a teeny hint of the melon but my overall impression is of water and greenery. Might be nice on a hot day if you like this sort of thing; it's very cooling.

Very light, watery, melon-like - both in the bottle and once dried. It's more of a floral than an herbal, which surprised me; I was expecting an absinthe smell with the wormwood. It's rather faint and doesn't stay for very long on me, but I don't much care for melon scents, anyways. This would be a good scent for the summertime.

In the imp: Light, clean, watery, floral. A sweeter Dirty. Very, very pretty!

Wet: Something's bothering me. A green herb note is coming out, and it smells of on my skin chemistry.

Dry: I'm sneezing, and my wrist smells like bad B.O! I have to wash this off!

Overall: Something in this blend really bothered me, and I don't know what it could possibly be. It is so pretty in the imp. :P Maybe it will work for someone else!

Gorgeous, yes, melon-y candy bright florals. Light and refreshing...juicy! I'm not a floral girl but I am tempted to hang on to this frimp. It's lush and green and juicy with just a hint of spice. Lovely!

ETA: nope - take it back. Not many blends go powder on me, but this did!

Edited by OneTheyCallLuna

Imp: A sweet, cool fresh-water scent, the green smell of snapped stems and sap, a little bit of sweet melon, and a touch of something herbal and bitter in the background. Definitely wormwood-- it's the scent that is released into the air when I brush my hands over wormwood plants at the garden center where I'm currently working. It's got the same astringency as tea, but the sort of bitter bite of geranium.

Wet: The same, cucumber and melon and clear fresh water and bitter-green wormwood and maybe something like chamomile? That might not sound pleasant but I'm actually a big fan of it! We do not have air conditioning at my house and this is sort of like the scent version of it. It almost smells like refrigerated lettuce, but in a nice way. Something way in the background goes a little soapy but it's not bad enough to be a problem.

Dry: Much the same, but a little less juicy and a little more floral. The wormwood totally makes this scent for me, adding a fantastic green bitter herbal quality to an otherwise sweet and girly blend. This is pretty, cool and unobtrusive, and, I think, will be great for working outside....

Sweet and fresh with a watery quality to it. This would make a great bath scent :) Makes me feel squeaky clean just smelling it! A bit cloying, but very pretty.

In the bottle: Melon and cucumber

Wet: Melon. And then jasmine, dominating everything.

In the first 5 minutes: This is very odd. you think "JASMINE!" and then it fades and you get cucumber. Then it's "JASMINE" again

To be honest, it smells more like one of those perfumed handlotions you get at the chemist than anything else. I shall pass this along to my flatmate who likes it

Sort of sweet pea and leaves in the vial…green, and flowery too. On me: melon? Huh. Melon. Also grass, and soap, but pleasant soap. I didn't put on Yemaya by mistake? Really? This is a similar melon to that, sort of powdery and candylike.

There's also a lot of aquatic and ozone in this, as well as leaves and grass, and I think that flower I'm smelling is sweet pea (which I love). The melon was an unexpected touch, but it rounds out the scent really well, making it really fresh and dewy, as the powderiness fades after being on my skin for a few minutes. This is very nice! It's quite girly, it's refreshing, and it reminds me of a Bath and Body Works scent, but more imaginative.

Hmm. Violet, apple blossom, and grass? Clean refreshing and smells a bit of cherry blossom girly body wash.

Slightly soapy floral - I get what other's have said about it being watery. To me it's a bit like a fabric softener fragrance that would be called "Summer Breeze" or "Orchard Blossom" or something like that.

Dian's Bud

It smells a lot like juniper berries at first...which can sometimes smell like B.O.
Then it smells a little like blueberries?!
Now it smells like household cleaning products and greenery.
It's harsh.

1 out of 5

*This was frimped to me from the Lab! Edited by ModderRhu

Oh deer, no notes. This does not bode well for my review, especially since it smells watery in the imp, which means there are probably aquatics at work here. I'll try.

In the imp, Dian's Bud reminds me of method's Sweet Water scent. It DOES NOT smell the same, I don't want to misguide anyone, but it reminds me of it. It's got that clean crisp watery feel. I can kind of sniff out some light wood (har) and something that smells like cucumber or maybe melon. It's nice, but more like something I'd use as shampoo.

On my skin it becomes pretty awful; there's a floral in there that reminds me of a cross between jasmine and gardenia without BEING either, just with the same eurrrgh those give me. The clean water scent becomes sort of oversweet. It's just bad. I am willing to chalk this one up to chemistry, as that floral might smell nice on other people who are most assuredly NOT ME.

eta: After reading other reviews, I think the floral might be violet. That would make this the second time I've disliked a violet blend. I've always thought I liked violet, especially since Faith is one of my top ten, but it might be that I can't deal with it unless it's tempered with sugary stuff. Or it might just be this particular violet note.

Edited by karen

Aquatic, slightly sweet, unisex blends that fade within a couple of hours. Pass.

On me, this smells a lot like a wet, new-mown lawn, with a little bit of melony sweetness when it's first applied. I love the scent of cut grass and wet plants, but if you don't, this probably isn't for you.

Dian's Bud

On: A watery floral with a bit of a wood note to it, too.

1 hour in: Powdery woods.

1.5 hours in: Wood.

2 hours in: Still a wood scent.

3 hours in: Wood.

Overall: This turns boring and woodsy on me.

This is the first scent from Rappaccini's Garden that I've properly tested and reviewed. I don't know if I'll have much luck with this series, but here goes!

Sniff: Dewy and green. Very wet, but not a high aquatic note, more like a grassy dampness.

Wet: Herbal notes start to come out over the wet green. It's almost like a weak menthol.

Dry: Wow, this fades quickly! It stays herbal and green until the end, but within an hour, it's gone. Very refreshing during the wet phase, but I guess to keep it that way, I would need to continually reapply.

In the bottle - A green watery scent, like lilies crossed with a watermelon

Wet on me - Again watermelons but warmer and slightly soapy

Dry on me - A clean, fresh, green floral

Overall - Not really me at all

Hmmm, that's watermelon and mint, alright! This smells like The Last Unicorn redux. There's no oakmoss or lilac here, but the two do go together. This is a perfectly pleasant scent, but not one to upgrade. But if you're on the hunt for your perfect melon scent, this one can't be missed!

Decant: Something sharp and herbal with a background of aquatic.

Wet: Oh wow, watermelon with a touch of some sort of watery/aquatic note.

Drying: Sadly, something soapy pops its head up. I hope it's a momentary thing because I was liking that watermelon + more water going on. It smells sort of like a really good bubble bath now.

Dry: The soapy-ness fades so the watermelon can come out to play. It's still there, the soap, but it's not prominent unless I sniff with my wrist against my nose.

Verdict: Considering this one for a big bottle. Makes me feel summery despite all of the storms we're having!