Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarada

Robin Goodfellow

Dark musk, moss-covered wood, ragwort, heather, and sage.

robin goodfellow starts off pleasantly sweet, dark, and woodsy, in a way that reminds me of patchouli or maybe sandalwood - but i suppose it is the dark musk. there is also a fair amount of greenery - like a greenhouse - planty, like freshly-cut thick, green stems. i suppose this is the moss. it's quite pleasant, but has a bit of that "men's cologne" thing to it - though not at all overwhelming. the dark green mossiness is my favorite aspect of this scent, but that fades first, and then it does feel too close to what i associate w/ "men's cologne" to wear it very much.

this smells like a soft masculine fragrance to me. i mostly get the musk with a hint of sage. the moss isn't too strong on my skin. nice, but not really my style, so i will probably swap this.

When I first put this on, it was strong enough that I thought I wasn't going to like it at all. However, as it dried, the dry tree/moss smells started to get quite nice.

My favorite point though, was when the heather started to come out and add a sweet night smell that evoked MND pretty well. I don't know how I would use this-- it's not really the sort of scent I'd wear, but it's nice enough that I'm loathe to just let it go.

When I first tried just a small dab of this, while checking out several new scents at once, I liked it -- it seemed like a woodsy, slightly spicy, warm musk. Kind of foresty and animalistic at the same time.

But when I tried it in a slightly larger application on its own, it didn't work so well on me. It thankfully didn't have that "Hi! I'm a MEN'S scent!" feel that it had sniffing it in the imp (dark musk tends to get sweeter on my skin, so men's scents that rely on it tend to be not-so-manly on me), but the musk was pretty strong and a little nose-tickly.

There were phases, as it settled into my skin, where I found myself liking it and others where I didn't. I definitely got moss-covered wood at one point, and it goes through some other permutations, but there were points when it seemed like the strength of the musk was almost making me a bit nauseous.

It was reminiscent of Czernobog in some ways, another dark-musk-based scent that turns less manly on me than on most people, but something about this one was a little more over-the-top musk-wise, so despite it having a few nice stages to it, I will probably be swapping it away.

Grade: C+/B-

If I hadnt gotten this as a frimp I would have never tried Robin Goodfellow!!! MOss and woods and sage arent exactly the top notes I typically go for...anyway:

Wet: On the broaderline of being musculine, but not quiet..something "sweet" is lurking in the background and is preventing this from smelling like a men's cologne. When I get an imp I try it on first before I read the notes/descriptions...and I thought this blend was more of the unisex/male scent from the lab. LOL

Dried: It has turn into a soft, pale, yet strangly bit perfumed like dusty moss and heather with touch of woods. I love this dry down. It's sweet but NOT foody sweet. It's got that "earthy-vibe" without being too dirty or smokey

Verdict: The imp will not last! This is on my 5ml list now. HOnestly I think both ME and Hubby can wear this blend! So unisex without screaming either TOO musculine or too feminine.

Normally any sight of a "wood" note would have me running but I received this as a frimp in my latest order so I thought I'd give it a shot without much expectations. This actually doesn't smell "woody" or forest-y at all to me. It's gorgeous. I have the dark warm musk, moss and something slightly spicy on the dry down. Great throw and lasting power. Agree with other posters that this is gender neutral. Love it and can't stop sniffing myself :P

This is a gorgeous autumnal blend.

Woodsy moss, deciduous trees, and dark, warm, sweet musk grounding it. A slight sweet floral note to it, a very light and soft floral, it adds a unisex quality to it. It doesn't scream masculine or feminine.

I think I may need a 5ml bottle of this.

This is a lighter scent cousin to Coyote, softer and fairly androgynous. I really like it and it has good staying power.

Robin Goodfellow

First impression, this is masculine. Men's deodorant. Sweet and powdery with an herbal, green feel. Quiet and warm.

[ 3 - Like ] Nice, but I don't think my husband would care about it, and it's too masculine for me.

I haven't been able to try this. I got an imp in my recent imp pack order for the fiance to try, and after some bugging he finally decided to humor me. He's since hidden the imp and won't let me near it to try for myself.

It's glorious on him. He smells woodsy and warm - after a little while I can definitely smell the sage, which is just lovely - and the musk gives it this really sensual edge that makes me want to gobble him up. I'm buying him a 5ml so that maybe someday I'll be allowed to try a bit on myself. If I ever can, I'll edit this to add my impressions on myself.

Definite WIN.

ROBIN GOODFELLOW

This is amazing! It is musky, dark, mossy, green, and slightly herbal. It has a clean edge to it, yet it is very murky and almost spicy. It is very woodsy and yet not too masculine. This is a surprise hit for me!

On me, this is definitely musky and masculine and brings to mind Old Spice, but not as spicy... but more woodsy and mossy. Just from the smell, this is perhaps a little too musky and mossy for my guy.

Dynamite on the right guy though. Mmm... tasty!

This starts out all mossy woods. Not a new forest growth but an established wood. Light filters in but there are plenty of shadows and the ground is still moist. I can smell wood and something else. It is not a feral scent but there is a wildness to it. Perfect match for the name. If only it would stay like this I would smother my blankets in it and dream of romping through half-tamed forest. However it soon fades on me and the moss and woods dissolve into a musky deodorant smell. Not fair, bring back my half naked forest spirit.

Wow, I'm surprised by how perfume-y this one is. Soft, dark, sensual, and mysterious; this will be my favourite elven-forest scent now that Hamadryad is due to be discontinued.

I don't get "green" from this at all. I can smell a little bit of oakmoss if I concentrate, but for the most part Robin Goodfellow is all wood, all the time. No sage to be found anywhere, just woodiness and a bit of musk emphasizing the wood notes and sweetening it up a bit.

It's nice, but not really my thing. I was hoping for something a bit greener. Oh well.

Oh yummmm... Almost LICKABLE moss... woodsy and spicy and just... just... YUM!! I really like this one - and I'm not sure WHAT the note is that has me by the butt... But I LIKE IT, I REAALLLLYYYY LIKE IT!!!!!

I love this one. It's sweet and herbal and wild and clean. It was a last minute imp order and I thought I was taking a chance...I just bought it because I liked the character. Wow. What a beautiful scent.

I'm hoping to trade for a full 5ml of this soon; both my husband and I would wear this.

In the imp, it's hard to pick out anything - a little wood and a little sage is all I get.

On my skin, I smell sage, heather, and ragwort.

When it dries, there's herbs, wood - it's nice, but not for me.

in the imp: men's cologne

wet on skin: there's a green note that reminds me of being in a forest surrounded by ferns. it's quite nice, but the cologne aspect is still too strong. :D

dry down: it's become more herb-y. i can pick out the sage, and another 'green' note. still, that cologne persists :D

in all: for someone else, maybe. but not for me :P

In the bottle: Musk, moss, dark musty woods.

Wet: Musk definitely the strongest. Slightly sweet. Strong but not overpowering. Hints of sage and heather, and other herbal-woodsy things that are sort of dark and masculine.

Dry: Very dark, sexual musk with some herbal woods behind. Reminds me greatly of Buck Moon. It's so dark it's almost incensey, but not a sweet or powdery or overwhelming way.

Summary: Strong, sexy musk backed by dark woods. Very good throw, moderate lasting power. Unisex verging on masculine.

In the bottle – Musk, sweet heather and sage

Wet on me – Heather and sage, green and herby and slightly medicinal

Dry on me – The sweet juicy, heather with the earthy green of the sage works well on me and there is a slight muskiness to give it extra depth

Overall – This is a perfect example of why I try everything that passes through my hands. I would never have picked this to try myself, but having been frimped it by the lab this is almost certainly a blend that will need to be upgraded to a bottle

This smells very sweet on me, floral and a hint of woodsy green. And something powdering out on me...sigh. Not bad, but not great either.

Wood and green plants, but plants you'd find in the darkest part of an evergreen forest. Unisex, definitely, but very nice and...well...woodsy. The heather comes out after a few minutes, and its very nice.

Overall though, not for me. I can see where other people would just love this though.