Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pink pepper, golden amber, honeysuckle, and passion flower.

A buttery and creamy, pink-pale gold blend, that reminds me strongly of something that I just can't put my finger on. It's close yo foody, but doesn't cross that line.

The pepper comes out shortly after, overpoweringly, making the blend far too sharp for my liking.
I wish the other notes would come out to make it more of a surprise, peaking sharpness, rather than an in your face one.

Too sharp/hot/spicy for me.

Working my way through my imps and big bottles, A-Z, testing, reviewing and revisiting and figuring out which are keepers and which will move to the big list of swappables once I am done. I've had my 5 ML of Hermia for awhile but had not reached for it until today.

All four notes are ones I like, or so I thought.

IN THE IMP: Clean and light with a floral that is not quite soapy. My first impression is that this would make a great bath oil.

Applied to wrist and crook of arm.

WET: I thought it was my imagination that I detected a bubble-gummy note that I would not have associated with pepper, amber, honeysuckle or passionflower but wonder, now, if perhaps it's the PINK in the pink pepper and that I am actually more accustomed to black pepper (one of my favorite notes in perfumes and wine!)? It's not bad, just surprising. Overall this is more floral than golden.

DRYDOWN: Shockingly, it just doesn't work for me. I get too much perfume and not enough "scent" if that makes sense.

OVERALL: I am not sure why this was discontinued. Due to its popularity in wishlists, I assume it was the unavailability of a component rather than lack of sales. I think it would be a very lovely scent for a teenage girl who is literary and intelligent and one-of-a-kind.

But, surprisingly, this will be one of the first of my previous keeper big bottles that I am actually going to move to the "swappable" list when I complete it. I don't think I'll regret it (though I will be picky about the swap LOL). I just don't love it as much as I should and I can't see reaching for it when I have so many others I love (and would love).

On a scale of 1-5, about a 3.5

In the imp, I can't quite make out any notes. It smells floral and "perfumey". On it's richer and less objectionable to my nose. The pepper is adding a nice sort of bite. It's still floral but it's almost got a buttery edge to it that is really lovely. As it's warming, that buttery note turns almost cakey. I really like this! It's totally like a white cake with candied fruit and flowers to my nose. Mmm! Light throw.

This imp is old.

In the bottle: Pepper and a sweet buttery scent that reminds me of chocolate soap.

On my skin: This sweet buttery decadent scent that feels luxurious and succulent. A few minutes later I feel a flower coming in which must be the passion flower because it doesn't smell like honeysuckle.

Drydown: Remnants of the sweet buttery scent. This is a nice and slightly different oil, I like it. Pity it was discontinued.

Hermia is a lovely, spicy, floral blend that I'm super sad to see is discontinued now. I've worn it for years.

Wet, this is peppery and almost fruity. It's honestly hard to tell what other notes there are at this point because of the sharp bite of the pepper. Right before it dries fully, once the pepper has started to mellow, the florals jump out sharply, giving me a very weird five minutes of a discordant blend. Not something I wear out while still wet out of respect for people's sneezes.

Dry is where this perfume really shines, and is why I love it. The pepper and floral scents have mellowed, and the amber blends it all together. I have to really, really try to make out individual notes at this point, because its turned into a lovely whole that has a bit of zing and class to it.

This scent will linger on my skin for hours, which is another bonus personally, because most scents don't last that long on me.

I finally tried my imp of Hermia, and in the imp I frankly couldn't make out much at all. But this bloomed on my skin and lasted quite a while as a skin scent. I don't get a distinct pepper note, just a brightness that goes beautifully with the sweet honeysuckle and golden amber. Not sure exactly what passionflower smells like but I will have to seek it out in more blends because this one is A. discontinued and B. lovely, lovely, lovely.

I am in love with all of the notes in this, except passion flower - I don't know what that smells like. Still, I have very high hopes! Was so excited to get to swap for a bottle of this!

Wet: OMG that pink pepper!! It always smells so sophisticated and expensive to me. I was right in thinking this would be lovely. I don't get much honeysuckle yet, which is a little sad because it's my current fave floral. Currently this is all about that bright spicy pink peppercorn. I think I am maybe getting the passionflower too - it also smells bright, but slightly citrusy. It lifts the blend even more. This really is so lovely - feminine, refined, elegant and uplifting.

Dry: This only gets better as it dries and warm on my skin. The pink pepper is perfumey and perfect. It's the star of the scent, on me. The florals back it up beautifully and the amber lends sweetness and warmth. Simply gorgeous. I will love wearing this in Spring and Summer, maybe even Winter also. This is a truly special scent on me.