Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lady_Ell

Coconut

Pretty self-explanatory... but here goes.

This is a very sweet coconut, not toasted at all. More like a mix of the sugary shredded stuff that you find in the baking section of the grocery store, with a coconut cream/suntan oil kick that I love.

It's a very light/bright sweetness, which lasts for hours and hours, and even days if you wear it to bed and it gets on your pillow.

I layered it with Old Sybaris to calm it down a little, and that smelled really nice.

Unfortunately and oddly, however, Single Note Coconut gave me a horrid itchy-red-burning rash whenever I put it on skin that was more delicate (like the insides of my elbows). It smelled so good, though, that I suffered through and it went away after about 15 minutes.

I'll keep the imp to tart up my Tarot: Star and to layer with Old Sybaris. It's a nice summery smell.

Mmmm, every bit as good as I expected. :D

Sweet, creamy, slightly Hawaiian Tropic, very foody. Reminds me of canned coconut milk. Subtle and yummy. Have already layered this with Tarot: the Star (naturally) and Perversion, and it's fabulous!

Not surprising that I like this, as I'm a coconut fanatic! I am currently using: coconut hair gel, gilligan soap from villainness, coconut body cream, etc. etc.

Hmmm, wonder about this layered with single note vanilla bean (note to self...) Foody scent heaven!

Would also wear this on its own, as a simple, delectable, reminds-me-of-summers-at-the-beach scent. :P

claire G.

:D

now we're talking - yum - coconut! This smells exactly like coconut, you will experience no surprises with this one. One of my all time favorite combinations is a whisk of coconut on one wrist and a swish of patchouli on the other and rubbed together gently.

Warm, soothing, exotic, comforting all rolled up in one. I swear when I put htis on and walk around people walk up to me and ask what is it and where did I buy it?

I wear an amber bracelet - it is simple and lovely and when I have this blend on my wrists it's fragrance "stains" the bracelet and acts as a diffusor of sorts - I can smell the fragrance the next day if I wear the bracelet again.

So coconut - :P

Edited by fragrantgrasse

Even though this single note started off smelling a little like suntan oil, this stage did not last more than a few minutes. As soon as it started drying, it turned into the most delectable coconut milk scent ever. Soft, warm, delicious :D

It seemed to get a little stronger and creamier after complete drydown, like coconut cream is more concentrated than coconut milk. Yet, it never got cloying or artificial smelling, which is rare for coconut scents.

This is absolutely delicious. Had I tried it before it got discontinued, it would probably have gone on my 5ml list as it is subtle and refined enough to be worn by itself. I am really glad I got to try it anyway, if only because now I know what a true coconut scent should smell like. This is officially the standard against which all other coconut scents will be mesured from now on :P

I didn't get the suntan oil phase in the single note of Coconut until I'd had it on for a while; this started out like fresh coconut meat being pried out a shell that's just been cracked open. My great-grandmother had a tradition of doing just that every Christmas - she'd been doing it since she was a child - and there's no question for me about the authenticity of the scent.

My body chemistry, though, did a number with this one. When it started to dry down, Coconut went into that suntan oil phase others have mentioned and started to get a plastic smell that was just ... off. I grabbed my bottle of Virgin Coconut Cream Oil from African Shea Butter Company, which also smells a little "off" to me, and that scent was very similar. It's not unpleasant, but it's not the standard scent of coconut that I think of, so I was a little disappointed.

The bottle of Virgin Coconut Cream Oil tells me, though, that the single note is very authentic in its stages of dry-down. I think our noses have probably become so used to the artificial coconut smells surrounding us that it's easy to expect something other than the real thing, which this very definitely is.

I adore coconut. I love the blends with coconut, but wasn't thinking when I placed my oder around Christmas, and didn't order any of the single note. I was lucky enought to get my hands on an imp, and I'm very glad I did. It's lovely and creamy, and luckily, doesn't turn to suntan lotion on my skin. Yum.

at first: a super-strong, very heavy, sweet coconut. wonderful!

on: sweet and almost crispy, like dried coconut.

2 hours later: creamier. more of a "normal" coconut smell, not the dried scent.

6.5 hours later: powdery and light. really nice.

overall: this is just beautiful. i'll definitely be layering it with other scents, but it's very nice on its own, too.

In the Bottle: Sweet, rich, creamy coconut! This is like I had just cracked the coconut in the kitchen (or the workshop which power tools seems to be the only way I can crack one open). If I hadn't been craving coconut before, I really am now.

On Me: VERY moisturizing and VERY coconut! I thought of Hawaiin Tropic immediately and just purrred. This is so dead on coconut! I feel really tropical, like I need to be wearing a grass skirt, a lei, and a hybiscus in my hair. Well, here I can do the hybiscus at least.

I wish that I could still get this in a 5mL. This is a perfect oil for summer.

Coconut

Fresh out of the bottle, this has a boozy scent to it, which I love. On my skin, it's so warm and coconutty, I don't know if I should sunbathe, have a drink, or eat some of those toasted coconut cluster candies I love. (Or do all three, heh.) Lovely.

im impressed that everyone liked this

because i didnt... i was extremely disappointed with it. but i was wanting that suntan oil sort of smell.

Oh, I love this! It smells like unrefined coconut oil, only stronger. I could happily smell this way quite a lot of the time. :P

I am so gifted to have found a 5ml of this, it is the truest coconut scent I have ever smelled.

It smells like i just cracked open a coconut, at first the flaked coconut smell and the milky coconut smell were fighting on my wrist, but the milky sweet, well rounded and so fresh I can even smell the fuzz scent is staying.

What a perfect summer scent! It has excellent throw too!

:P

this one smells exactly like the coconut i use to make coconut creme eggs at easter, it actually makes my mouth water, simply yummy

A true coconut smell. :D Fresh and creamy, light and crisp as the fruit. Not too sweet or foody, but just right. I'm absolutely kicking myself that I only ordered an imp of this, I'd give just about anything for a bottle right now. :P

In bottle: I loves me some coconut. It smells of sugary coconut candy. Yummy yum yum.

On me: I love that this smells like a real coconut, not the nasty suntan-lotion coconut. It's so fresh and fruity! As I said before, yummy yum yum. Pity I don't have more than one lone imp of this note.

To me this smelt slightly creamier than fresh coconut, more like good quality coconut ice cream or coconut ice say, but it is still absolutely gorgeous. I didn't get any suntan lotion from it, but I wouldn't have minded if I had :P .

Edited by Ajila

I looooove this. I am such a fan of coconut. I wish there were more blends with it. This makes me wanna get my favorite drink of Coconut rum with pineapple juice.

I smell coconut "juice" and fresh shredded coconut, and I think a few tropical notes.

It's a nice scent, but for some reason I'm not too hot on it =(

In the imp: Freshly split coconut, milk and all.

On me: Love. It did not get fake-smelling or plastic-y. After about 6 hours, it was still evident, though much creamier than upon application. Very nice alone, but I will wind up using my imp to layer with other scents.

Bottle (Imp): It smells faintly like coconut milk.

Just On: I can detect a coconut milk scent, but it's very light.

An hour or two later: Well, there is a hint of plastic here.

Around 6 hours: Little tiny bit plastic, coconut milk.

12 hours: It's gone now.

Overall: It's nice, but my skin doing it's usual trick of plastic with a few scents sucketh.

After reading other reviews: I didn't get very strong scent out of this as some did. It's nice nonetheless.

Coconut

On me: I really love coconut, and I agree that it does smell a lot like a freshly cracked open coconut. The weird thing is that fresh coconut has a slightly soapy edge to it that I find very noticeable in this imp. I find this one to be a combo of soap, suntan lotion, and plastic on my skin. Too much!

This, along with vanilla bean, is a note that I evidently can't wear really well. It's no wonder that Spooky and Black Pearl didn't like me too much. :P Off to swap!

I really like this, coconut singlenote is wonderfully foodie. I actually think of coconut cookies whenever I'm wearing it. It has this warm, golden scent to it that reminds me of cookies fresh from the oven. Perhaps with some shredded bits of fresh coconut on the top.

Very warm and :P the drydown has a creamy/buttery quality to it that I love.

I can almost taste coconut when I smell this.

It starts out with a sort of Hawaiian Tropics scent that a few other reviewers have mentioned, and takes a little while to move beyond that on my skin. Once it does though, it's delicious. It smells like thick coconut cream - tropical, but sweet and oh so foody. Plus, it lasts for an entire day on my skin, provided I can restrain myself from gnawing at my wrist - it smells that damn good.

Single Note: Coconut is an absolutely gorgeous single note! I wish this was still around and I’d buy bottles and bottles of it! It’s sweet, creamy coconut from the first moment it’s applied until about 4 hours later, when it starts to fade. There is a lovely level of throw and the tiniest bit on my wrist has the scent of coconut coming and going about me as I go through my daily activities. It’s positively divine. I will lovingly use up what I have and will probably layer it with my multitude of Coconut Hut lotions, body butters, and soufflés for an even stronger coconutty scent. Love it!

Coconut-

In Bottle: This is a nice coconut smell like coconut water; not cloying and lush like some tropical-scented tanning lotion

Wet: A little creamier once it's on the skin. Coconutty and sweet and very nice!

Dry: This is very nice; I keep getting the impression of the lovely coconut water/juice you drink straight out of the coconut. It's a little sweet but it's still yummy and pretty.

Overall: I like!