Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

No description or notes available from the lab, although rumor has it that it is apparently Wrath and White Rabbit mixed?

For the curious, with thanks to Puddin' for making sure we got this before we left, Beth for dreaming it up, Corinthian, wickedgoddess and Jackie for being there with bells, beauty and brain well on, and big BIG B I G HUGS to all the BPAL fans at the Portland MeetNSniff.

I'm not sure what Wrath nor White Rabbit smell like and to avoid letting their descriptions or scents mess with my initial impression I'm going to just go for it, so if this is completely off the wall, well, you know who to blame. Me of course. :P

In the imp and early wet stages this has a big rootbeer scent to me. Saspirella(sp), slightly bubble gum but not in a typical way, just sweet and fresh and a bit bubbly (the rootbeer thing had really gotten to me).

As it dries it turns to a tropical, heady floral scent with musk. It reminds me of a chaos bottle I acquired that folks said was jasmine, so I guess it's jasmine or perhaps gardenia maybe? Or none of these because I'm not the note expert. Still with a light bubbly quality.

Then it goes mostly musk on me, very light floral.

Very nice.

Sorry so brief, this is getting interrupted in the writing. I'll try to return with a better one.

ETA

Or not. But I will return.

I guess I see where schackjj is coming from with the cinnamon, and the imp IS reddish, but I thought that was the musk. It DOES have a certain spiciness to it (bubbly-spice), but it is pretty musky-floral-with a little spice on the drydown for me, and then mostly musk. And sweet, but not sugary.

I like it. Not very masculine, rather pretty IMO. But I'd love to hear what you have to say. MORE MORE please!

Edited by SueDonym

Wow, just goes to show how different this one is on different people! My label is spelled Ah'Duno, by the way. I did just a small test, and this had very pronounced cinnamon in the drydown, although there was NONE that I could detect to begin with. Quite pretty, but I think more of a guy scent - just my opinion, of course.

Ah'Duno what all's in this, but it's a hoot! :D

In the vial: mint? I smell Dragon's Blood and and almost spearminty/cinnamon gum note! This is very spicy and fresh, not at all floral, but not really foody either. Wet on my skin, it blooms like crazy! I just dotted on a dab and I can smell it all around me. I totally get the root beer/sarsaparilla reference too - it's an almost effervescent scent. Very gender-neutral, almost asexual despite its sweetness. My skin amps sweet notes but I bet on another person the musky and mysterious aspects of the DB would predominate...

The drydown is very similar to the initial application - it doesn't morph much on me, other than my skin amping the Dragon's Blood, a sweet and somehow mysterious note that I really enjoy. The cinnamon is definitely holding its own with its wonderful scent (and not so wonderful stinging).

This is a very fresh and uplifting and amusing scent. Ah'Duno if I will wear it much, but it's fun and silly and a wonderful memento of a totally great evening! :P

Ah'Duno - This scent completely cracks me up mostly because when I look at my imp, I think of Beth sitting there telling us the story of how it came to be, and it absolutely tickles me to no end that Everyone's Favorite Artist has her "duh!" moments just like the rest of us. Aaaaanyway, back to the matter at hand: when I open the imp, I'm pretty much blasted away with the strong, spicy scent of red-hot cinnamon. I'm talking YEE HAW!!!! kind of hot red spicy cinnamon. On my skin, it's all sweet candy red hots for the first 20-30 minutes, then it begins to settle down to something softer and more subtle. It's still a very red scent without being "hot" and at this point, it's mostly dragon's blood with a strong creaminess to it that must be the milk/vanilla/honey from White Rabbit. The throw seems fairly soft after drydown, and the staying power is about average. I can't say it's something I'm going to pine over when it's gone, but I will cherish my imp as it's a souvenir of a lovely evening, not to mention that it was created by Beth -- whom I adore to no end, and it was handed to me by Puddin', who is one of the nicest people I could ever hope to know.

Edited by edenssixthday

I was sitting there at Convergence trying not to be overly fangirly, and Puddin' came over to our table and sat down. He started handing out imps to the people at the table and prompting us to ask him what was in it. (To which he of course said, "Ahhhh duno!") A few minutes later Brian came around with a bag of imps and started to give one to someone at the table, and suddenly 6 people showed their Ah'Duno imps to him and loudly and happily proclaimed that we already got some. (I have yet to hear Brian speak because he sort of slinked off right after that ostentatious display of glee... the slinking was possibly out of fright.)

This imp always makes me smile.

Oh, right... what does it smell like. Um... it smells like Wrath Lite. This is great, in my opinion, because Wrath is much too hot for me to wear. With the other components in it, it takes on a creamy and sweet aspect and becomes wearable. It's still a lot of cinnamon, but it's smooth underneath. I like it!

This scent cracks me up. In the vial, I do get a shot of cinnamon with florals, but once it dries, this is a rootbeer float. Rootbeer, but creamy too. Kinda nice and very novel. :P

Definitely a neat little memory of a very fun event!

In the imp: Cinnamon! Not candied though, just a spicy cinnamon.

On: After the initial cinnamon blast, it does get sweeter, kind of a creamy sweetness along with the cinnamon spice. I can smell the dragon's blood, but it's almost sugared.

Dry: An almost refreshing combination of sweet and spice. I don't quite get root beer, but it does have a creamy fizziness to it. I know it's a joke blend, but it's actually really pretty!

I think my imp of Ah'Duno is my favorite souvenir from Convergence 13. The stories that came from both Beth and Ted as they were passing the imps out were adorable and it tickled me to no end. I was actually touched that they decided to share their fun mistake with the Meet n' Sniff attendees.

In the imp I smell a creamy root beer + cinnamon. The oil is red.

On my skin it smells about the same as in the imp, for the first while at least. I get a creamy root beer + cinnamon, but it's more of a warm cinnamon and not a fiery hot cinnamon. It doesn't even make my skin go red.

After a while the cinnamon and root beer smell softens and I start to get more of a comforting, gentle scent that almost reminds me of Sybaris. I think it's actually the vanilla that's making me think of it as comforting. I am not sure but I think I smell a touch of clove or something pepperish, and I think there are some florals in there?

Whatever it is, it's marvelously fun!

Wrath and White Rabbit, eh? So what we have is basically Enraged Bunny Musk, the Remix? This should be interesting, as I liked Wrath for its piquant scent and hated White Rabbit's "wet rodent" bouquet...

...aaaaaand, that's exactly what I get from this blend. Fiery, spicy wet rodent. This is a rather unhappy rabbit that's been dipped into some root beer and then dried off with a cinnamon-scented hand towel. Worse, it's taking on this weird powdery/chemical-y quality! It's strong! It has throw! Auuuugh!

It's everything I could want in a perfume: colourful, funny, has great staying power, would make a good conversation starter - except it smells just awful on me!

A suggestion for the BPTP: Black Phoenix get-this-off-of-me hand soap, for scents that your skin morphs into hellish hazes of non-delight. :P

First off - big thanks to the generosity of Beth and Evon for giving me a chance to try this one. Thanks ladies!

This is fun - a floral cinnamon. heehee. Oops! There is also something almost smokey - like bbq smokey - in there. For whatever reason it reminds me of being at a baseball game.

Okay, this is story worthy:

I got an imp of this with an order of decants from Evon (Hedgielover), that included a frimp of ANNE BONNY. So, being distracted by new Monsterbait and not knowing all the BPAL names (by a long shot) I figured AH'DUNO was just another frimp. I thought it was named after one of those voodoo goddesses or something. (Where is that d'uh emoticon?)

SO I ignore it for almost a week, and today I decide to look this badboy up. Now, it's red, and red can mean Patchouli, (like Anne Bonny) which HATES me, so I'm not too excited. And I do a search on the main BPAL page and.... Nothing. Hmm. Weird. Whatever. On to the forum and I put it in under reviews. (Cause I'm not going to go searching through the whole catalog) and WHHHHHAAAA???? Only one return? UNRELEASED??!!!??

:D :D :P

AND!!! It smells GREAT on me!!! Root beer, cinnamon, floral!?! Ah'duno, but I love it!

I feel pretty dumb, but I smell great! Now my only problem is I want more.

Thanks to Evon, Beth and everyone else. I needed that.

HL

Ah'Duno

In the imp: lilac! Lots of dragon's blood but I'm sure there's lilac too.

Wet on skin: dragon's blood aplenty! I smell floral notes here, it reminds me of Dragon's Eye.

Dry on skin: now I smell the spicy notes of Wrath creeping into the scent! Cinnamon and clove and pepper crackling through the dragon's blood. I don't get the creamy scent of White Rabbit yet but I think I smell a hint of honey. But it's mainly lilac-like dragon's blood with a woody, dry, harsh spice to it, very much like Wrath meets Dragon's Eye.

After a while: this smells very much like Mars or Wrath now, with twice as much dragon's blood. It's lightly spicy with a trace of sweetness, but it's the floral, bitter, red scent of dragon's blood which dominates this scent, it's almost a single note of DB but not quite. But it is very much all about the dragon's blood, with just the faintest, faintest hint of creamy honeyed linen to it from White Rabbit. The scent remains as pretty much all dragon's blood, a bit of sweetness behind it, but mainly floral red bitter lilac. It becomes a bitter floral, reminiscent of some jasmine/lilac/wisteria scents as it dries, still with DB dominating the scent.

Verdict: this scent is described as being like Wrath meets White Rabbit, and I smell elements of both scents, but especially Wrath, and especially dragon's blood. The DB really amps like mad in this scent until it overtakes the whole scent, blotting out the traces of cinnamon, clove, pepper, honey, linen, creamy vanilla and whatever else is in here. There's an overwhelming floral aspect to this DB (as opposed to a resinous one) like bitter lilacs and wilted wisteria that I'm not crazy about. I'm not keen on this-dragon's blood is a very hit or miss note and I like it in moderation, this one has a bit too much.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? no, this one is too heavy on the dragon's blood. AhDuno if I like this much.

ooh what's the story of how it came to be? I never head it... I'm holding onto mine too...fer sure. In memoriam of a great evening with lovely people.

A lovely lovely surprise from the fabulous brumbjorn.

In the imp: Cinnamon?

On the Skin: CALIENTE. Cinnamon and dragon's blood and something else. Smells musky

On Drydown: Musky. Less spicy and slightly more floral. Very warm

Verdict: Yowza. I dunno what this is. :P I'm not so fond of the spicy wet stage. But the drydown is quite pretty.

AH'DUNO

In Bottle: Minty Dragon’s Blood

On Skin: This one has Dragon’s Blood in it, I can smell the sweet note right away. It also has a note that starts minty but morphs to more spicy after about 5 minutes. Sadly, from the beginning it smells like bathroom cleaner to me. After it starts to warm on my skin and becomes more spicy it loses that “bathroom” feel thank goodness. But I’m not a huge fan of Dragon’s Blood so it’s not anything I will be searching more for. It’s a very light scent and the staying power is also pretty short on me… it fades away softly.

My goodness, this smells like actual medicine. Only about an hour after applying does a jasmine note pop up (Dragon's blood always smells like a fresh jasmine to me), but it's a tad too late. Not my kind of scent, not at all.

In the imp: Yes, like Wrath, but a little bit softer...

Wet on me: Smells just like Necco wafers! And damn, are those some weird candies or what?

After a few minutes: Wrath + honey. I'm still undecided as to whether or not my beloved White Rabbit had anything to do with this oddball little scent. It reminds me a little bit of cinnamon cookies but mixed with something really *not* edible, like acetone.

Drydown: Slightly plasticky sweet cinnamon. Ah'Duno if this was a good idea! :P

I wish my mistakes were this good.

On my skin, dragon's blood mainly comes out, but it's tempered by a creamy clove. The clove is so gentle and foody that I almost thought it was carnation at some point, but now it's more clove-y.

it's hard to place my finger on what is in this. i think there is lilac, gardenia, cinnamon and dragon's blood with maybe a dash of vanilla? either that or it's creamy from the gardenia. it's a very interesting scent...i think i tried a voodoo blend that was similar once, but i like this one better. i'm not sure i would wear this all that much, i do like gardenia but not dragon's blood so much. luckily the gardenia seems to be the strongest on my skin. i might have to test this again to decide if it's a keeper.

I didn't know what dragon's blood was meant to smell like or anything while I jotted down notes for my review, but I guess it all fits. I have to say that this was one of the most interestingly complex scents I've had the pleasure to review. What a happy accident!

Initial Description: Piquant

On Wet: fresh cut wood (oak?), dark cherries, occasional bubble of currant to brighten it up, cinnamon hiding (for once-- I usually amp it) in the background

On Dry: more blended, sweeter, spicier, sexy. After many hours (about 7, I think) smells just like White Rabbit, only a little powdery.

Final Impression: I love this!

Rating (on a scale of 1-5): 4.5

This smells so strange on me.

The only way I can describe is like sharp cinnamon dominating with some weird vanilla creamy note lingering in the background and also a really sweet fruity bubblegum. On my skin it really does smell like it doesn't go as the creamy vanilla smells really sickly up against the spicyness of the cinnamon.

This is... odd. A real mix of emotions and impressions.

There's definitely cinnamon in it. And there's a touch of a bubblegum-like scent too, which normally tells me there's lotus around. But... pun unintented... I just don't know.

It's a lovely scent - and I'm SO grateful to Ahania for running a European circle of this and several other blends - but (and here's where the emotions take a dip), it dies away so very quickly. After an hour there's nothing left but the tiniest hint of cinnamon.

Oddly it does rally just a little around the one and a half hours mark, but it's gone again by two hours, and this time it's permanent.

Received this as a generous gift at a Seattle Meet-n-Sniff.

In the imp: wintergreen and cinnamon.

Wet: wintergreen and cinnamon.

Drydown. Hah. Weird. The wintergreen and cinnamon take a step back and they are met by..florals and bubblegum.