Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
copyshopclerk

The Unheavenly City

Wet: Green roses. This is not the usual rose that goes ouchy on me, but there is something off about the green sappy scent.

Drying: Now this is spicy rose sap...blech... There is also something unpleasantly sweet hanging around. Off it goes before it turns my stomach...

This smelled bizarre in the bottle. It literally reminded me of tzatziki sauce. A yogurty green scent. It was pretty hard to get past that scent and try it out, but I pressed on.

Thankfully, it gets a lot better when it's actually on skin. I get no musk from this, and only one floral, which I know isn't the jasmine. It's either the gardenia or the magnolia. It's a very white-and-green scent. It really does smell like there's a milk note to this, and it definitely hangs on the edge of being yogurt like.

Overall it's certainly unique. I considered keeping it, but I really don't think I'll be able to get past that bottle scent much. Hopefully it works out better for a friend of mine.

I have been wanting to try this for years and finally snagged a bottle from the Etsy store.

The oil is definitely very red which always means a good thing to me :)

I saw a previous post saying the notes are red musk, gardenia, magnolia and jasmine. I swear I also smell tuberose. These floral notes are pretty much the only ones that work for me so I find this to be very pretty and traditional smelling. I'm also wearing it on a 90 degree day in VT so maybe it will be different on my skin on a cooler day. 

I finally have my hands on this thanks to the Lab's Etsy, and I am thrilled.

The Unheavenly City is a luscious, creamy marriage of magnolia and jasmine, with just a bit of gardenia for good measure. Although the oil is a lovely reddish shade, the red musk is barely a whisper on my skin.