Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dusty amber, grey musk, red orchid, moonflower, night-blooming phlox, stock, honeysuckle, English ivy, toadflax, and purple salvia.

Pretty, but in a really really perfumey way. Smells like something I may have smelled before.

What little I remember from C13 was it didn't work. *desperately crosses fingers*

In the vial: Honeysuckle. *glares and angrily smacks decant* No!

On the skin: Ivy. Ok, that's better. It's very sour. This is also hindered by my nose being stuffed up. I'm getting dusty musk and some orchid. Maybe I can only wear it on nasal congestion days. :P I'll have to retest, but for now it's 50/50.

imp: amber and musk with plenty of other florals.

wet: honeysuckle and musk. sweet and pretty with something that almost smells like a sweet aquatic.

dry: that sweet almost-aquatic scent is all that remains, i wonder which note that could be?

i amp amber- and this amber is just as described, dry and dusty. it's a little herbal and a little sweet but everything is greyed over and covered in dust. it's not terribly floral to me, and not cloying at all.

wet, bat has the soft creaminess of moonflower & grey musk made sunny by honeysuckle, stock and orchid. this is very refined, light and clean.

dry, this doesn't morph much...the different notes meld together wonderfully. it is a very beautiful, soft scent. this would be a nice daytime scent.

i would eventually buy a bottle of this, but not just yet..as long as the salon doesnt go away anytime soon!

IN THE IMP: Fresh, green-white moonflower, much like Gibbous moon.

ON MY SKIN: Quickly takes on fuller, almost fruity tones as the crisp moonflower burns off; it's darker and smokier, yet still soft and playful. I can just imagine a bat zipping back and forth over an overgrown garden. There are definitely some potentially heady florals in here, but everything is well-blended.

LATER: I didn't remember that there was musk and amber in this until I read the notes again, but they warm up beautifully within 45 minutes and become the heart of the blend, especially the grey musk. I think it's the nicest musk I've ever smelled: warm and textural, yet not heavy, cloying, or animalic. This is a warm, blooming scent (it almost reminds me of Sugar Moon), and though none of the florals are predominant, they're detectable as a sort of light veil over the musk and amber. This definitely has bottle-buy potential! Love it.

Summary: A velvety, soft, and sweet night-time blend. Moderate throw, wearlength of about 4 hours.

If this were a color, it would be: Deep, muted violet, like a square of velvet.

Great nighttime scent! It's a perfumey floral that smells purple to me. Not lavender or violet, but a bright, royal purple. It smells like a happy scent. I don't really get much amber or musk from it, but that's okay because I think it's pretty just as it is.

The first time I tried this scent I didn’t like it at all. It smelled to me like one of those common ozone-ish florals, high and piercing and very ordinary. I don’t understand how I can try it again three days later and absolutely love it but that is what happened.

Wet: airy floral. There is quite a bit of what I believe is the orchid (still new at picking out notes). I think I can pick out the honeysuckle and the ivy as well, or something a bit green and herbal.

Drydown: After one hour it is a feminine, sophisticated blend of musk overlain with evening florals. It seems to have more of a throw than many other BPAL scents I’ve tried. I could smell it wafting around me. Emotionally it seems more enlivening than calming. It makes me feel breezy and playful. After three hours it was fading out, could still smell it on my wrists directly but need to re-apply (scents fade quickly on me).

I am strongly considering a bottle of this.

Edited by Myrrha

On me, Bat is moonflower, phlox, stock, and honeysuckle. Very pretty and feminine, and my new favorite Salon.

In the imp, it almost smelled alcoholic.

On, it is sweet intoxicating flowers. A garden with enough honeysuckle and stock in it could sweep me off my feet, even though I don't usually do floral perfumes much.

The musk is getting very sweet on me, even more than the flowers. Every once in a while I encounter a musk that turns a scent straight into sugary candy, and this one is heading towards that cliff, unfortunately.

In The Bottle

Light, slightly green and very slightly floral

On Application

Herbal and cool. A little bit more floral

Dry Down

A cool floral. I a a bit disappointed in this one as the florals are a little too much. Will try again.

Rating (0-5)

This is a very pretty florally musk. I really like it, in spite of the fact that I'm not a florally person, and I may just spring for a bottle.

Bat

So soft and feminine. The amber grounds the florals so they don't become cloying but still allows them to play. I love the honeysuckle in this. I am reminded drinking the "honey" from the honeysuckle vines covering the shed in my grandmother's yard.

This will have to be slathering scent because it's gotten fainter and fainter as the day passes. After six hours, it's still there, but barely.

I'm horrible at picking out florals. All I can tell is that this is a floral, and it's soft. That's...pretty much it. It smells soapy, but I have a cold, so that could be part of it. I don't like it, but I don't like florals.

I don't know how the lab can make a perfume that sells small and soft and fuzzy like a bat's tum, but they did it :D This is probbly my favorite Salon so far. Musk and amber of the pale and dusty variety as well as some flowers. Soft and slightly feminine on me with good throw!

In the bottle: Very pale yellow oil. Sweet, gentle flowers and herbs. It does have a nocturnal feel, or more accurately, a liminal, dusky feel. Lovely ivy and moonflower.

Wet: Instantly soapy on my skin, thought bearably - damn moonflower and honeysuckle! Much more floral, less herbal. A tad spicy from the flox, and a bit powdery from the amber, musk, and honeysuckle.

Dry: This is reminding me a lot of Garden Path with Chickens, though it's not quite as spicy and it's more 'perfumey'. The florals have calmed down a bit, and all sweetness is gone.

Later: Spiciness gone, and a bit of the sweetness has returned, along with some velvety depth from the orchid. This reminds me of a more grown-up Blue Moon 07 at this stage. Soothing, feminine.

Summary: A well-blended bouquet of soft flowers with a lightly soapy/powdery edge, a sort of dusty feel from the amber and musk, as well as a cool, green, herbal vibe. It's clean but not really 'fresh'. Good throw & decent longevity.

IN THE IMP: Soft, almost salty floral. Definitely a bit of ivy.

WET: It smells like... lathered soap. And still almost salty floral. It's not necessarily unpleasant, but not what I want from a scent either.

DRY: Turns sweeter, and the florals suddenly blend together and work really prettily, but it's still a bit too soapy for my liking.

I got this as a frimp and it certainly is interesting!

In imp: Yup, floral. It's light, a bit salty, and slightly musty. But it definitely works!

Wet on skin: It still has a bit of the salty tang, but other than that, nothing's changed much.

Drying: Salty tang going away! The sweetness comes out now, and it's nice and refreshing in an almost cold way.

Dry: It has now calmed down to a very neutral floral, and fading quite a bit. The slight tang is now very faint but accents the light sweet floral smell in a lovely way :)

:heart: I love bats. Love love love them! So naturally I had to try this one. :)

The artwork on the imp label is one of my favourite "bat pieces" which I was thrilled by(!), and my first impression of the scent itself is that it very strongly reminded me of The Ghost? I'm not sure if there are any corresponding notes, and it's possible that it's just been too long since I have smelled that particular scent for me to be remembering correctly, but I swear that something in it reminded me of The Ghost. I suspect they both are just very cool & lush? A chilly and early, dewy Spring night in the garden, under the full moon. (And I love The Ghost, so it's promising!)

Unfortunately, once it dries down, Bat becomes something very different and something which does not play well on my skin. :( An unpleasant kind of department store perfume - the kind that most women might enjoy but which just seems to hurt my nose. Booo!

I desperately wanted this one to work - it would have been so perfect, for me! - but alas. Off to swaps it goes. :(

In the decant: light, very light floral.

Wet: Green and white floral. Not picking up any distinct notes, but nothing bad.

I think this is one I need to keep as much for the name as anything else. And it'll be a useful everyday scent during the summer.

Imp: hints of honeysuckle and orchid over the faintest traces of the musk and amber

Wet on Me: definitely a floral. light floral tho, not overly heady

Drying Down: getting a soapy scent now

Dry: this is one of those soft wispy floral soaps your grandmother used to keep in her unmentionables drawer. nice.

This scent was a bit of a darkhorse for me. I got a bottle, tried it, liked it, and promptly forgot about it when my 'Weenies came in the mail. A couple months later, I pulled it out on a whim and slowly, quietly, it worked it's way to the front of my stash. One of those apparently unassuming little things working some seriously Machiavellian plots behind the scenes.

It's very floral on me; I can't pick out the amber or musk individually, they mostly serve to warm up the florals. These florals are just lovely, soft without being wispy, sweet without being sickly, nothing sharp about them. Just this perfect sweet breath of flowers on a warm evening. It makes me happy.

I do wish it lasted a little longer, but it perks right up if you freshen it up for the evening.

This definitely smells like nightblooming flowers. The moonflower is cool and creamy, it reminds me of how wisteria smells. I get a lot of amber out of this too, and it is very grey in feel, slightly dusty as well. A lot of cool, creamy smelling florals. Like most of the floral-heavy salon scents, the throw is almost non-existent. Pretty enough to keep.

In the bottle: strong floral against a background of amber.

On my skin, wet: the amber picks up a little; the scent is of a sweet high flower mixed with resin.

On my skin, dry: bewitching! A deep, sweet floral (an evening garden), with that amber basenote making it seem a little more exotic.

I LOVE this scent! It's feminine and elegant, refined; I can't stop raising my wrist to my face so I can breath it in! Having said that, I have noticed the scent when I've been doing things that don't involve sniffing my own wrist - I only used a little for a test, but it's still going strong 11 hours later.

Keep, keep, keep.