Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Summerpixy

Sandalwood Scents

I got Dragon's Claw as a frimp and I quite like sandalwood so was hopeful... tested it with a friend and it was ROSE!

It was the weirdest thing, it was pure rose. On me it faded after about half an hour (I'd only used a tiny bit and glad of it because rose is not good on me). On her it eventually (after about 45 mins) turned into very nice sandalwood.

No one's said Sri Lanka? No one? Gorgeous sweet ever so slightly incensey sandalwood.

Sri Lanka is my favorite sandalwood scent. :wub2:

I also like Anne Bonny and Cathedral. (I tend to prefer red sandalwood, which seems "woodier" to me.)

I really need to try the Ifrit, apparently. I just recently ordered And There Was a Great Cry in Egypt. Freaking awesome sandalwood scent. Slightly spicy, some myrrh, too. Very good for sandalwood lovers, I think. It actually smells the way I expected Morocco to smell (Morocco goes very sassafras on me and not so sandalwood sexy).

Great Cry in Egypt is wonderful if the ambers are compatible with your skin chemistry. My new favorite sandalwood is Lyonesse. I don't know why I haven't stumbled onto it earlier. The whole time I've been wearing/trying bpals I was looking for something just like it. It's sort of a vanilla and sandalwood blend.

Does anyone have any recs for a scent that's got a lot of smooth and "buttery" as opposed to "dry" sandalwood?

I just want a scent that's got a ton of sandalwood, without any notes I find objectionable muddling around in there (no jasmine, opium, other heavy florals, no wine or exceedingly sweet fruits).

I LOVE Plunder after it's been on my skin for a few hours and turns to pure, buttery sandalwood, but I strongly dislike the first hour, the tobacco is too strong and sweet.

I love the smell of Arcana's Shambalah, but I somewhat whish it didn't have this sharp edge of cedarwood..

Any BPAL scents, that would be similar to that, but without the cedarwood?

Great Cry in Egypt is wonderful if the ambers are compatible with your skin chemistry. My new favorite sandalwood is Lyonesse. I don't know why I haven't stumbled onto it earlier. The whole time I've been wearing/trying bpals I was looking for something just like it. It's sort of a vanilla and sandalwood blend.

Lyonesse? Really? The way it works on your makes it sound like a phenomenal blend. *scampers off to check into it*

Ok, I'm one of those sandalwood fanatics...

From my first order, the scents that pleased me the most, were sandalwood scents...

Dragon Claw (it's almost 50-50% dargon blood/sandalwood), Cathedral (it's a nice blend, in which I smell mostly cedarwood and insence, but I guess the sandalwood gives it that smooth finish) and The Little Sparrow (sandalwood and seeds, mostly... maybe a touch of amber, that gives it a sort of soapy feel, that I kind of like).

I'm planing on ordering some scents this autumn, and I want scents that will be nice and cozy in winter... sort of 'blanket scents'.

So far, last winter, my blanket scent was Shambalah from Arcana, which is sandalwood, cedarwood and honey.

Velvet seems to be a cozy scents, so that's a sure order.

Aureus too.

What else?

I don't like vanilla (turns in sugar on me), and am not very fond of highly spicy blends...

As I'm planning on ordering 2 sets of imps, I want to make one of them a sort of sandalwood imp pack, and the second one, a mix of stuff...

So... need 4 good recomendations, of cozy sandalwood blends.

Or creepy, crazy sandalwood blends... something to make me wonder...

Oh, white musk turns bad on me... and I don't like patchouli in high amounts.

I hope it helps.

I'm going through a prolonged phase of rediscovering my love for Sandalwood.

As I've said earlier in the thread Svaddhinaopatika is an awesome sweet sandalwood blend.

I have since discovered Shroud, after its' discontinuation sadly. I'm seriously in love with that one, it's intense, quite dry, sandalwood and it dries down softer but still sandalwood. Awesome.

I find the same note in Patientia which is gc in bptp and I really recommend trying.

Also in bptp but LE was Winter Maiden: sweeter and very intense and all around awesome too. I've read hints that it might come back in winter, so if it does give it a try.

Violens! What a delcious pure sandalwood scent. You can't go wrong with 5 sandalwoods in one blend.

Definitely! Violens is fantastic.

There aren't a ton of scents that specifically have Mysore sandalwood listed - of the ones that do, I think Heavenly Love and Earthly Love is probably my favorite. It isn't predominantly sandalwood but the woody note adds a lot to it.